GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 Aug 2014 - Enrique Arochi kidnapping trial #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
This part guts me. My little girl is 8 years old and is terrified of the dark. Christina is someone's little girl. She didn't deserve this. Her poor family. :(
That made me tear up. Christina put the nail in his coffin so to speak. Being the firecracker she was and fighting back, she didn't let him get away with it.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

Plus EA lied to her about his age & said he was 18, if I remember correctly..

I honestly don't remember. I'll have to check but thought there was lying on both sides about age.

I found the story... Arochi told his parents that she was 17 & told the girl that he was 19... The dude never tells the truth, unless stating his name.

"According to reports, Arochi, who was then 22, told the girl he was 19 and told his parents that she was 17, the age of consent in Texas."

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/crime/article12517208.html

How do y'all feel about his immediate family not being present the entire trial?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sat behind his uncle yesterday who cried the majority of closing arguemwnts and was deep breathing to stop tears.

Me too. My heart breaks for her every time I think about it.

ETA: but! She was also "feisty" and strong and because of her probably fighting for her life, she helped to put him away. I truly believe if he didn't have those injuries the case against him wouldn't be as strong

That made me tear up. Christina put the nail in his coffin so to speak. Being the firecracker she was and fighting back, she didn't let him get away with it.

Such good reminders that we need to teach our kids to defend themselves and fight back if something like this were to happen. I tend to want to shelter my daughter from knowing how awful the world can be because I don't want to scare her. She is very sensitive and very scared of things like the dark and the idea of "bad people." Our house was robbed a little over a year ago and the bad guy climbed in through her window and onto her bed. Thankfully we were gone, but she hasn't slept in her room since. So I have to be careful with how much I share with her because I don't want to scare the daylights out of her. I have taught her what to do if someone were to grab her or try to lure her or whatnot, but haven't really gone in depth. Maybe a self defense class of some sort that we can take together would be good. She isn't feisty like Christina, but I want her to be confident enough to do anything she possibly can to defend herself. Maybe I'll set up a self defense class for our Girl Scout troop... in honor of Christina.

Oh and a huge thank you to TCMom, gigglingtoes, Arkansasmimi, and everyone else who helped tweet, take time out to go be the eyes and ears for those of us who are not local. 💞 Does anyone think he might give up her location if they cut him a deal? Can they give him immunity from further charges? Sorry, now I really want her home.

He's not giving up anything. Why would he? So he can get a murder charge?

I sat behind his uncle yesterday who cried the majority of closing arguemwnts and was deep breathing to stop tears.

That is so sad. I'm sure this was devastating to his family. In some way, I consider them additional victims of his heinous crime.

That is so sad. I'm sure this was devastating to his family. In some way, I consider them additional victims of his heinous crime.

Yes. He may of asked his parent not to go. His uncle may also be his godfather. Godfather would be there in this type of situation even if parents couldn't or wouldn't. Lots of uncles in my husbands family are also godfather. Just a vibe.

On the news tonight, they showed a video related to another murder in the area recently (Vandagriff). http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...g-her-to-drop-stalking-charges-police-say.ece

There's a ton of evidence already amassed on this guy's guilt, and the body of the girl was found.

But the video was eerie, because it showed the (alleged) perp and the (soon-to-be) victim out drinking at a bar together, the night of the murder. Nothing amiss, lots of smiles and chit-chat, and then they left together and next thing you know, she's been found dead and cut into pieces and burned.

Reminded me so much of what happened to CM. Yes EA showed no signs earlier in the evening, which the defense wanted to make into some sort of indicator. But as Vandagriff case reminds us, things can change quickly and that earlier demeanor where the perp looks safe and friendly can turn out to be completely deceptive.

That entire story is truly horrific.

Well, my prediction that they would come back today with a guilty verdict came true ... so I'm going to put out into the universe that he get the MAX!

Not that I think he will necessarily get that, but what the heck.

I am so happy for Christina's family right now, but I know the victory is so, so bittersweet without their little girl.

I think Christina, like Hannah Graham, has helped save the next girl.

Now, my ultimate wish is for Christina to come home to her family.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

On the news tonight, they showed a video related to another murder in the area recently (Vandagriff). http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...g-her-to-drop-stalking-charges-police-say.ece

There's a ton of evidence already amassed on this guy's guilt, and the body of the girl was found.

But the video was eerie, because it showed the (alleged) perp and the (soon-to-be) victim out drinking at a bar together, the night of the murder. Nothing amiss, lots of smiles and chit-chat, and then they left together and next thing you know, she's been found dead and cut into pieces and burned.

Reminded me so much of what happened to CM. Yes EA showed no signs earlier in the evening, which the defense wanted to make into some sort of indicator. But as Vandagriff case reminds us, things can change quickly and that earlier demeanor where the perp looks safe and friendly can turn out to be completely deceptive.

I read a eerie tweet from Vandagriff a week before she was kidnapped . And some 3rd party acquaintances said that they had hung out with the suspect before . Very sad when women resort to that type of dating and get these monsters . At least the DP is in play for her killer . No words

Sorry, I'm older and I along with most of my friends are married to our high school/college sweethearts who are at least 2-3 years older. I don't find problem in that kind of relationship if consenting. But that's how it was back when. Imo

I almost never dated boys/men my own age. They were usually older, and according to the laws in this case, they were pedophiles. But I was 16/17/18 and dated college aged ((18/19/20) men with my parents' blessing.

Of course, our "dates" were watching TV with my parents or going waterskiing out on our boat.....yet we still managed to fool around. Sorry, but hello? They were all really decent guys and it makes me sad that in this climate, one of them could have faced prison time for dating a girl 3 years younger.

Ridiculous.

Yesterday during lunch at the courthouse (during deliberations) Enrique's presumed Uncle and a woman (not sure if aunt, cousin or who) were sitting one table over from us. A member of the group I was sitting with said "how are you guys doing?" Uncle didn't answer, but the woman said "Hanging in there" Followed by "We're praying for you guys. Seriously." The short conversation was a little tense, but I did feel some sympathy for them. They certainly had no hand in the matter. I'm sure it's extremely painful for them as well. I think that at least part of his family is very sympathetic to the Morris and McElroy families' pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So glad to see some justice for Christina. I hope he gets the max allowed, but if not, hopefully the sentence will at least be long enough to keep him in prison until she's found. And then he can be charged again.

So nice to read the new thread title: Guilty! Finally, justice for Christina. I ♡ this judge. After watching the judge in the Heather Elvis case shake hands with the defendant, it was nice to see a no-nonsensical but likeable and honorable judge. I think viewing the closing arguments gave me a better understanding of the trial and the prosecution's edge over Gore. JMO, MOO, etc

Oh thank god!!! Bounced out of bed at 4am to see if there was any update. Felt a bit sick when I saw there was another 6 pages but sooo happy to see GUILTY.

O/T its my 30th on monday, the best present ever would be the max sentence.

Jmo I think past acts can only be brought up if he convicted of them?

No. All criminal acts he has done, potentially.

The state has broad latitude here, but with some boundaries. For the jury to consider criminal acts, as a crime that bears on his sentence, they have to either (1) be shown a conviction by another jury, or (2) be persuaded of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt regarding that act, if the defendant EA has not been convicted.

They are able to show lots of other stuff too that the state wants to show (defense too) that might bear on the sentence, as long as the court accepts it as "relevant," including (but not limited) to:
- evidence and opinions about his "character"
- evidence about his "general reputation"
- evidence about the "circumstances" of the crime
Those items could include evidence of his efforts (or lack of same) to mitigate (lessen) the damage caused by his crime to the victims, and evidence of the existence (or lack) of remorse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike