NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the insinuations that the father could have anything to do with this are absurd. This woman is on video running alone. He isn't there. She was an incredibly gorgeous and sexy woman, but that doesn't mean her own father would "want" her in that way. Could someone possibly have murdered her to get at him? Possibly I guess, but if that's the case I hope that only makes it more likely they'll catch the perpetrator.
Where did you see a suggestion that the father "wanted" his daughter? I didn't see anyone say such a thing...

Where did you see a suggestion that the father "wanted" his daughter? I didn't see anyone say such a thing...

I put "wanted" in quotations for a reason. She was sexually assaulted. Whoever did this to her wanted her in some fashion.....for control....for sexual gratification....for humiliation....for revenge? There's no reason to suggest her father who loved her "wanted" her in any of these ways.

Do you think her father had something to do with it?

I still can't find the pic.

I found it this morning. took about 10 mins of scrolling on twitter. Google Miami Diario kv You will get that twitter page. Keep scrolling down to Sept 20 feed and then keep going and it's there. There are A LOT of tweets you have to get thru though. You can't miss it if it's still there. I assume if you get to Sept 19 and you haven't seen it yet, it's gone.

I found it this morning. took about 10 mins of scrolling on twitter. Google Miami Diario kv You will get that twitter page. Keep scrolling down to Sept 20 feed and then keep going and it's there. There are A LOT of tweets you have to get thru though. You can't miss it if it's still there. I assume if you get to Sept 19 and you haven't seen it yet, it's gone.

The photo is easier to find if you click the "Media" tab just between the Twitter profile and the tweets. There's still some scrolling to do, but it's consolidated without all the text.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still can't find the pic.

I don't think it's worth trying to find. It's a grainy and disturbing post-mortem facial view of a battered woman that doesn't resemble Karina and only appeared on an incredibly annoying clickbait Twitter. Might as well investigate Elvis's reincarnation or Jennifer Anniston's revenge face, apparently, while we're viewing that source. JMO.

Spreading that link around only causes painful speculation for her friends and family at this point. What information could it provide to websleuths even if it were real, besides the prospect of a corrupt employee at the ME office? I don't understand why this is being discussed.

The amount of the reward money is a reflection of both local and a broader community support for the family and for justice to be served.

Family is of Italian descent and being of Italian descent even if from HB

DOES NOT mean one is affiliated with the mafia!

In this specific case, it is only from ignorance that one would suggest the father is involved or is interested in any financial gain.

NYPD has long ago cleared him of any involvement

So well said, epiphany, thank you!

Part of the NYPD job is asking the public for help. The biggest fear the Vetrano family may have is the case going cold. Loose lips sink ships. This is where reward money comes in. Someone knows him.
I agree with you, and that makes me think about the changes being made about how the Go Fund Me money is going to be spent.
I am sure Mr Vetrano wants nothing more than to find the person responsible for killing his daughter, and has nothing but good intentions as far as hiring a private investigator, and I am sure he is becoming impatient as I would if I was him as well. However, I see a few problems with this.
First, I don't know how a chief detective gets to decide how money raised by a group of well intended neighbors gets to spend money from a Go Fund Me account, but that's a different topic. Does he also decide if taking the $20,000 the city sets aside for "Reward Money" and using that for a citizen to hire a private detective is ok or not? I think if the NYPD wants to hire a private detective to help solve this case, that's great. But I think "Reward Money" should be used for just that.
I also think that the money raised from the Go Fund Me campaign should also be used as it was drafted in the campaign. "To supplement the $20,000 reward currently offered by the NYPD." If that money is used for any other reason, the campaign becomes misleading, and inaccurate, which is against the Go Fund Me terms and conditions.
I think raising $280,000 is a good incentive for someone to come forward, as I am sure the other 4,000 plus people who donated think that as well, and now with that money being spent elsewhere, who will/may come forward?
I think Mr Vetrano should start a separate Go Fund Me campaign to hire a private investigator. That way, although it's all for the cause, people will know what they are donating money for. I know I'd be happy to donate.

I agree with you, and that makes me think about the changes being made about how the Go Fund Me money is going to be spent.
I am sure Mr Vetrano wants nothing more than to find the person responsible for killing his daughter, and has nothing but good intentions as far as hiring a private investigator, and I am sure he is becoming impatient as I would if I was him as well. However, I see a few problems with this.
First, I don't know how a chief detective gets to decide how money raised by a group of well intended neighbors gets to spend money from a Go Fund Me account, but that's a different topic. Does he also decide if taking the $20,000 the city sets aside for "Reward Money" and using that for a citizen to hire a private detective is ok or not? I think if the NYPD wants to hire a private detective to help solve this case, that's great. But I think "Reward Money" should be used for just that.
I also think that the money raised from the Go Fund Me campaign should also be used as it was drafted in the campaign. "To supplement the $20,000 reward currently offered by the NYPD." If that money is used for any other reason, the campaign becomes misleading, and inaccurate, which is against the Go Fund Me terms and conditions.
I think raising $280,000 is a good incentive for someone to come forward, as I am sure the other 4,000 plus people who donated think that as well, and now with that money being spent elsewhere, who will/may come forward?
I think Mr Vetrano should start a separate Go Fund Me campaign to hire a private investigator. That way, although it's all for the cause, people will know what they are donating money for. I know I'd be happy to donate.

Once they reached their original goal to raise $100,000 for a reward, they had to decide what to do with money that exceeded that goal. I don't think they are touching that original $100K that was raised, so they are sticking to the original intent and I don't think the fund-raising has been misleading.

This was one of the early updates on the fundraising site: "As you can see we have surpassed our goal. Please keep the donations coming. The reward is now $100,000.00 . The remainder of the monies raised will go to Keeping Karinas memory alive and keeping areas like the one where she died safe. . this will be in the form of memorials, scholarship, Runs , donations to St Jude childerns hospital , animal shelters and more."

I haven't read all the updates (there are now 60 of them), and perhaps there are updates on how the money beyond the original $100K was spent, in addition to the new idea of hiring an investigator.

As much as I don't think the reward money will bring forward a tipster, I do think they've been transparent and honest in how the fund-raising efforts are going.

jmo

Since when did anyone suggest that LE was the one making decisions on what to do with the money? How would privately sourced money be within his right to choose what to do with it? I'm pretty sure the father as a private citizen can do whatever he wants with that money, I including hiring a PI regardless of whatever LE's tak is on it.

LE isn't making any decisions regrading that reward money, they have no power to. That is ALL the dads choice. I don't even remember hearing talk that LE wants to hire a PI, so I'm not really sure where that is coming from. As far as I know it's the dad who wants that.

Also that money was raised as an award to whoever can bring the perp forward....if a PI is able to do this, then isn't that accomplishing the same thing as giving it to someone who provided a tip that led to arrest would be.

Since when did anyone suggest that LE was the one making decisions on what to do with the money? How would privately sourced money be within his right to choose what to do with it? I'm pretty sure the father as a private citizen can do whatever he wants with that money, I including hiring a PI regardless of whatever LE's tak is on it.

LE isn't making any decisions regrading that reward money, they have no power to. That is ALL the dads choice. I don't even remember hearing talk that LE wants to hire a PI, so I'm not really sure where that is coming from. As far as I know it's the dad who wants that.

Also that money was raised as an award to whoever can bring the perp forward....if a PI is able to do this, then isn't that accomplishing the same thing as giving it to someone who provided a tip that led to arrest would be.
Read paragraph 6 and 7
http://touch.metro.us//new-york/kari...huuGLjuo4Oa6c/
I don't remember hearing talk about LE wanting to hire a PI, so I'm not really sure where that is coming from either..
Sure, if a PI wants to work on the case , and finds the perp, then he should get the reward after he is arrested, just like anyone else.

Once they reached their original goal to raise $100,000 for a reward, they had to decide what to do with money that exceeded that goal. I don't think they are touching that original $100K that was raised, so they are sticking to the original intent and I don't think the fund-raising has been misleading.

This was one of the early updates on the fundraising site: "As you can see we have surpassed our goal. Please keep the donations coming. The reward is now $100,000.00 . The remainder of the monies raised will go to Keeping Karinas memory alive and keeping areas like the one where she died safe. . this will be in the form of memorials, scholarship, Runs , donations to St Jude childerns hospital , animal shelters and more."

I haven't read all the updates (there are now 60 of them), and perhaps there are updates on how the money beyond the original $100K was spent, in addition to the new idea of hiring an investigator.

As much as I don't think the reward money will bring forward a tipster, I do think they've been transparent and honest in how the fund-raising efforts are going.

jmo
According to the first paragraph, he wants to take the entire amount of the reward money, (nearly $280,000) and hire a PI.

Just throwing this out.... Not insinuating that the Mafia is somehow involved or that Karina's father is involved with them, but I remember reading the following article right after Karina was murdered and at the time thought it was interesting that Gotti commented as he did.
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...s-jogger-murder-drug-arrest-article-1.2738864

"John Gotti: Ruthless killer, flamboyant mob boss . . . local crimefighter?

The Dapper Don’s namesake grandson, in a bizarre social media post, insisted the late Gambino family head could have prevented this week’s Howard Beach rape and murder of a neighborhood jogger.

“This disaster would’ve never happened before the government locked the good guys up in that neighborhood,” John Gotti ranted Wednesday on Facebook — ironically, just hours before he was arrested on drug charges.

“They did a better job than the bulls--- patrol we have now,” the muscle-bound 23-year-old continued. “The neighborhood was something to fear apparently not anymore and we lost one of our own due to it.”

According to the first paragraph, he wants to take the entire amount of the reward money, (nearly $280,000) and hire a PI.

Ah, I didn't realize they were touching that first $100K.

The reward money hasn't worked...I do think it's better to put the money to work with an investigator, awareness, or charity since the stash is generating nothing in terms of tips.

If someone who donated money has an objection, does have a policy to ask for money back? I'm thinking there would be few people who would request that in this case, though.

jmopinion

Personally, I would have no objection with the money going towards a PI. Not like he's going on a cruise. He's hiring a PI to find his daughter's killer.

Read paragraph 6 and 7
I don't remember hearing talk about LE wanting to hire a PI, so I'm not really sure where that is coming from either..
Sure, if a PI wants to work on the case , and finds the perp, then he should get the reward after he is arrested, just like anyone else.

LE is only saying they are okay with his using R$ to hire a PI -
NYPD Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce gave Vetrano the OK to repurpose the money.
http://www.metro.us//new-york/karin...or-using-reward-money/zsJpiv---huuGLjuo4Oa6c/

Personally, I would have no objection with the money going towards a PI. Not like he's going on a cruise. He's hiring a PI to find his daughter's killer.

I agree, me too. There's a lot to cover in Queens, so the more hands working together, the better. It's all pretty transparent, nothing under-handed at all, seems to me. Just looking at half a minute of video footage really well can take days. The NYPD still has a $35,000 reward for information as well, IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288