MISTRIAL Bill Cosby -- Charged W/Aggravated Sexual Assault/Other Rape Allegations #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 6 2016, 12:53 pm ET

Bill Cosby Returns to Court Ahead of Sex Assault Trial

by Hannah Rappleye and Tracy Connor

Bill Cosby appeared in a Pennsylvania court Tuesday as the sexual assault case against him moves closer to trial.

"We love you, Bill," a supporter yelled at him. Cosby grinned and chuckled when another shouted, "Give me some skin, Bill!"

The 79-year-old comedian is charged with drugging and molesting Andrea Constand at his home in 2004 — the only criminal case stemming from dozens of claims of sexual misconduct. He has denied any wrongdoing.

The two sides are still sparring over what evidence will be admitted at trial, including a recording that Constand's mother made of a phone call with Cosby a year after the alleged assault in which they discussed what drug he had given her daughter...

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/bi...returns-court-ahead-sex-assault-trial-n643446

The criminal trial of Bill Cosby on the alleged rape of Andrea Constand in 2004 could start on June 5, 2017, a Pennsylvania judge surmised today. While nothing was set in stone and there are plenty of motions and even a potential change of venue to consider, the 79-comedian will likely see a jury trial begin early next summer. If found guilty, the much accused Cosby could end up behind bars for a decade and pay millions in fines on three felony second-degree aggravated indecent assault charges.
http://deadline.com/2016/09/bill-cosby-2004-rape-case-pretrial-hearing-andrea-constand-1201813872/

I wish I could physically be there in support of Andrea, she is going to need all the support she can get. I will be there for her in spirit though.
And good for Monique. I'm glad she finally kicked that loser to the curb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In June?

With Cosby in attendance, Judge Steven O’Neill floated the date Tuesday during a pretrial hearing in Norristown, PA. The case originally was looking to go to trial next spring, but scheduling issues for the lawyers — especially Cosby’s main attorney Brian McMonagle — seemingly have forced the delay.

Cosby and his money can't find anyone who has an opening earlier than June?
They will delay this trial until he dies of old age. Maybe Pressley quit because she had too free a schedule :p

What good will a change of venue do? Where in the world will they find a place where no one's ever heard of Cosby and his rapes?

In the meantime, the lawyers are trying to paint Cosby as a victim:

The time has come to shine a spotlight on the trampling of Mr. Cosby’s civil rights. Gloria Allred apparently loves the media spotlight more than she cares about justice. She calls herself a civil rights attorney, but her campaign against Mr. Cosby builds on racial bias and prejudice that can pollute the court of public opinion.

http://deadline.com/2016/09/bill-cosby-2004-rape-case-pretrial-hearing-andrea-constand-1201813872/

I don't remember Allred saying anything that indicates she has a problem with Cosby being black... it's the part about him being a serial rapist that she's got trouble with.

Allred fired back in a statement obtained by ABC News, in which she said that Cosby "appears desperate."
"With his latest pathetic attack on me, he unsuccessfully tries to portray himself as a victim rather than as a defendant in a criminal case accused of aggravated indecent sexual assault. This latest tactic will not work," she stated. "He complains about racial bias but what about the African American women whom I represent who accuse him of sexual assault or rape and who refuse to remain silent about what they say they have suffered? I think they deserve a voice and I am proud to represent them. This is not an issue of racial bias. Instead, it is an issue of whether or not Mr. Cosby has committed acts of gender sexual violence."
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/bill-cosby-arrives-court-sexual-assault-case/story?id=41891662

Oh, my! I don't normally take an interest in entertainment news, but I am in disbelief after reading the following article:

http://www.bustle.com/articles/1826...by-show-cast-member-has-said-about-bill-cosby

Most of the former cast members of The Cosby Show are supporting BC because of his "legacy." What about the trauma he has caused dozens of women?!

I can't believe a bunch of adults cannot separate Bill Cosby, a real person, from Cliff Huxtable the fictional character! BC portrayed Cliff Huxtable on a television show; he is NOT Cliff Huxtable! Cliff Huxtable's legacy remains intact.

Whatever BC did for racial equality and education will not be affected, either. Habitat for Humanity's Milton Fuller was dismissed from the agency he founded after allegations of sexual misconduct, yet his disgrace did not affect the legacy of HFH. JMO

BC has fallen so far that he can never again stand up. Prison, if it happens, the loss of his legacy and finances - sad way to reap what you sow.

At this point Cosby's legacy is educating us about how you can get away with sexual crimes.

Jmoo but it is not the black kids they are worried about, they want the money from Cosby show reruns.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ided-day-court-acknowledged-blind-months.html

An interesting article with pictures. In court, Bill Cosby, claims he is blind and so 'tells/shows' the Judge. BC has help walking into court, out of court with an unmarked brown cane that is sometimes in use, never a white/red cane used for by the blind. In the article, the pictures bring up questions as they show BC walking down the stairs of the jet laughing and smiling but sometimes looking at his feet as he walks down the stairs, without a care in the world. No one around to help him then. Now, I understand people go down the stairs without looking, but it sure appears BC can see where is feet are and does not need help....QUESTIONS.

Now I understand BC can be considered "legally blind'' but can still have some sight. If BC has NO sight then that should be noted, if he has some sight where he can see black/white or shadows, that should be noted, if he can see only out of one eye but not the other that should be noted. The courts should require BC to be seen by an eye doctor of the courts choice. All this should be 'noted' because BC and his team are bringing the blindness into play.

Also, all blind or partially blind people I know use the white and red cane. That is what BC should be using as that shows he is legally 'blind'. Not using the white/red but a brown cane, which can be used for any reason is a cause to question his sight issue. Using a brown cane he is not falsifying his sight or loss of it...but if he has sight does not need a white/red cane but uses it, that could be an issue.

I just do not like seeing someone using a handicap to get away with anything, especially a crime!!! Using a handicap, falsely, to get people to feel sorry for them is wrong along with any scare tactics that could go on or are.

I hope this article and pictures reach the Judge....the Judge needs to see the pictures, ask questions, make the decision.

These are just MOO....everyone can decide for themselves. I have a BIG question.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/2...r_tape_of_Cosby_call_to_accuser_s_mother.html
Jurors in Bill Cosby's sexual-assault trial in Montgomery County will be allowed to hear a secretly taped 2005 phone call between the entertainer and his accuser's mother that took place nearly a year after the alleged attack.

In a ruling Friday, Judge Steven T. O'Neill sidestepped defense arguments that the recording should be kept out of court because Andrea Constand's mother violated Pennsylvania's wiretap laws by taping their conversation without Cosby's consent.
The judge noted that as Cosby was in California when he placed the call to the Constands' home in Ontario, Pennsylvania law had no bearing on whether it was legally recorded.

Decision on whether to allow 13 women 'molested by Bill Cosby' to testify as character witnesses against him at trial could 'be the most important ruling in the case'

Judge deciding whether to allow accusers to testify against Bill Cosby

Thirteen women who say they were molested by him want to speak out

The women could potentially take the stand during Cosby's trial next June

Cosby is charged with drugging and sexually assaulting Andrea Constand

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...against-Bill-Cosby-crucial.html#ixzz4LCeina5J

Decision on whether to allow 13 women 'molested by Bill Cosby' to testify as character witnesses against him at trial could 'be the most important ruling in the case'

Judge deciding whether to allow accusers to testify against Bill Cosby

Thirteen women who say they were molested by him want to speak out

The women could potentially take the stand during Cosby's trial next June

Cosby is charged with drugging and sexually assaulting Andrea Constand

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...against-Bill-Cosby-crucial.html#ixzz4LCeina5J
Seems logical they would be allowed to testify. They are witnesses as well as victims!

Sep 26 2016, 11:04 am ET

Bill Cosby's Accusers Willing to Testify at His Sex Abuse Trial

by Hannah Rappleye and Tracy Connor

When Pennsylvania prosecutors asked Donna Motsinger if she would testify against Bill Cosby at his sexual assault trial next summer, the 74-year-old great-grandmother didn't have to think it over.

"I said yes and I didn't hesitate at all," Motsinger told NBC News. "If there's any way I can bring some kind of closure for all these victims, what kind of a person would I be if I said no?"

Motsinger, a retired motel operator who lives in New Mexico, is one of 13 women prosecutors hope to bring to the witness stand to prove a pattern of behavior by Cosby. A judge has not yet ruled on whether they can testify...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/bill-cosby-s-accusers-hope-testify-his-sex-abuse-trial-n645851

Bill Cosby is legally blind, according to defense attorneys

By Ricardo Montero-Hernandez, CNN

Updated 1:51 PM ET, Fri October 28, 2016

(CNN)Bill Cosby's defense attorneys declare he is legally blind in a new motion filed in a Pennsylvania court, and they argue that the impairment will hamper his ability to defend himself at his criminal trial.

In a footnote within the motion filed Thursday, Cosby's attorneys say he is "legally blind" -- which means he has a vision of 20/200 or less in the better eye, according to the Massachusetts Commission for the Blind -- and has registered with the state Commission. A copy of a doctor's report will be provided at the next hearing in the case, set for Tuesday...

[video]http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/28/us/bill-cosby-blind/index.html[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member