Questions you'd like answers to...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lin Wood is not posturing. No reason for him to do so. He should take serious action against CBS. And all of us, every single one of us, would be appalled at our child or family member being accused on such shoddy "evidence".

Of course he's posturing. He's an excellent attorney. It's what his type do best.

As for the case, we don't have all the pieces of the puzzle, that's true. But we have enough to know no intruder was in that house.

Did you watch Burke's interviews as a child? I hadn't seen them before. What did you think of Burke's reaction to the pineapple questions? His acting out a head strike? And how about the Dr. Phil grinning and giggling? It was so bad Dr. Phil had to do an impromptu show just for damage control. Do you really think Lin Wood thinks he'll make a good plaintiff?

Of course he's posturing. He's an excellent attorney. It's what his type do best.

As for the case, we don't have all the pieces of the puzzle, that's true. But we have enough to know no intruder was in that house.

Did you watch Burke's interviews as a child? I hadn't seen them before. What did you think of Burke's reaction to the pineapple questions? His acting out a head strike? And how about the Dr. Phil grinning and giggling? It was so bad Dr. Phil had to do an impromptu show just for damage control. Do you really think Lin Wood thinks he'll make a good plaintiff?

Our perceptions of everything is obviously different. I respect your position, but I didn't see what you saw. But I value and appreciate your point of view.

I agree that one of the most likely scenarios involves a version of BDI. But what evidence is there for us to know there wasn't anybody else in the house?

Our perceptions of everything is obviously different. I respect your position, but I didn't see what you saw. But I value and appreciate your point of view.

What did you see then? What do you make of Burke's interviews as a child? His behavior when discussing how his sister may have been killed? How he handled the pineapple question? How he behaved on Dr. Phil?

Just saying "I don't agree" without delving into why people have concluded what they have or refusing to answer the direct questions is tantamount to a Monty Python argument clinic.

But no matter. Should Lin Wood really go forward with a defamation case, these things will be addressed by the defense. And much more.

I agree that one of the most likely scenarios involves a version of BDI. But what evidence is there for us to know there wasn't anybody else in the house?

There is no evidence anyone was in the house that night.

Strongest evidence of Ramsey involvement (beyond their bizarre after-the-fact behavior and obvious lies) is that ransom note. What are the odds that the small foreign faction who hung around the house looking for a murder weapon to create and a child to brutally kill but leaving no evidence of their presence also stopped for an extended period of time to write a ransom note for a kidnapping that never happened? In handwriting that looks startlingly like Patsy Ramsey's? With Patsy's notepad and pen, neatly putting both back in place. The odds? Zero.

There is no evidence anyone was in the house that night.

Strongest evidence of Ramsey involvement (beyond their bizarre after-the-fact behavior and obvious lies) is that ransom note. What are the odds that the small foreign faction who hung around the house looking for a murder weapon to create and a child to brutally kill but leaving no evidence of their presence also stopped for an extended period of time to write a ransom note for a kidnapping that never happened? In handwriting that looks startlingly like Patsy Ramsey's? With Patsy's notepad and pen, neatly putting both back in place. The odds? Zero.

Oh, so you agree there is no evidence proving there wasn't anyone else. You are speaking absence of evidence...Well remove this bogus idea of a foreign faction and I put the chances of someone else being there much more possible than zero. It certainly hasn't been ruled out.

My opinion... Either BDI or IGDI (invited guest(s) did it)

Oh, so you agree there is no evidence proving there wasn't anyone else. You are speaking absence of evidence...Well remove this bogus idea of a foreign faction and I put the chances of someone else being there much more possible than zero. (invited guest(s) did it)

How so?

We also need to consider the Grand Jury's votes to indict both of the Ramseys for:
I am paraphrasing here:
- placing their child where there was a threat of injury or death
-rendering assistance to the murderer by way of concealment

I don't believe that the Grand Jury meant someone other than one of the 3 family members who was there.

The Grand Jury must have heard/read evidence (to which we are not privy) that showed the R's knowingly left their child with someone who
would injure or murder the child. To me, there must have been recommendations to the R's including never leaving JBR alone with the
one person that could/would likely harm/kill her.

This must have been derived by either unsealed medical records of either JBR or BR or (what I feel occurred) -direct testimony of a doctor who
had knowledge of this.

We also need to consider the Grand Jury's votes to indict both of the Ramseys for:
I am paraphrasing here:
- placing their child where there was a threat of injury or death
-rendering assistance to the murderer by way of concealment

I don't believe that the Grand Jury meant someone other than one of the 3 family members who was there.

The Grand Jury must have heard/read evidence (to which we are not privy) that showed the R's knowingly left their child with someone who
would injure or murder the child. To me, there must have been recommendations to the R's including never leaving JBR alone with the
one person that could/would likely harm/kill her.

This must have been derived by either unsealed medical records of either JBR or BR or (what I feel occurred) -direct testimony of a doctor who
had knowledge of this.

Let's not forget Burke testified too. Shortly before the indictments came down. This coupled with whatever else the grand jury was privy to about Burke's behavior may have led to the very specific recommended charges against his parents. The GJ clearly believed they aided and abetted the murderer before AND after the murder.

Thank you for reminding me that Burke's testimony would have been taken into consideration as well by the Grand Jury.

If JBR received a blow to the head with such force it cracked her skull, why didn't the blow break her scalp and cause bleeding or an open wound? I don't understand this at all.

Depends on what she was hit with, INTN. If it was hard but rounded, it could do exactly that. The scalp is much more elastic than the bone underneath. They actually showed on the CBS docu how: they took a child's skull and placed pigskin on it. Then they had a boy swing the flashlight. it broke the skull in a similar way to JonBenet, but the skin was not damaged.

No, the head strike came first, the strangulation came after that. Her brain did bleed inside her skull for something like an hour before she passed. Her brain was also swollen inside her skull.

Quite right. The autopsy report lists three areas of bleeding INSIDE the head: the scalp itself, the dura and the arachnoid film, plus a massive bruise on the brain itself. It also describes brain swelling and cerebral edema. The average six-year-old's brain weighs 1200 grams. JonBenet's weighed 1450 grams.

The CBS show added confusion surrounding this for me. They seemed to say that the blow to the head caused death -although they were saying she was braid dead. I'm not a doctor but I don't think they can be sure about that without some testing - perhaps they meant likely brain dead - they were sloppy about all this. But they did say that doesn't mean the heart stopped beating. Sadly, I know for a fact that this can be true.

It sure can. People have lived for hours with catastrophic head injuries.

And then they seemed to pin the rest of the events, that is, the garrote, on the parents. This is where I think they made a big mistake and Lin Wood may very well get them for it. They provided no evidence for this, it was just pure speculation on their part.

I would say two things, johnjay:

1) Just because they didn't go into it on the show doesn't mean they haven't go evidence to that effect;

2) The parents have an even weaker leg to stand on. Patsy's dead, which makes her an historical figure. And John's run for political office, which makes him a political figure.

And I suspect a jury might have a hard time believing that John or Patsy strangled their daughter with a garrote.

That's the main problem with this case, as far as I'm concerned.

My biggest problem with RDI has always been this. I can believe one of them may have struck JB in a flash of anger, but I just can't imagine them strangling her to death after that, and I also cannot believe that they would have thought she was dead when anyone who wasn't mentally challenged would know to check for her pulse and whether she was breathing?

I think they DID check, invaderzim. But her breathing and pulse would have been so shallow at that point, a highly agitated person might well have missed it. Which leads to the second point: they didn't know they were strangling her to death. They thought she was dead.

I have a question! Anyone besides me not able to sleep at night from rereading the books written about this case, the transcripts, reading here, and at FFJ?

I go to bed at night and lay there, thinking and thinking about JonBenet and all we know, think we know, and especially thinking about what we don't know. The frustration is taking it's toll on me. Sleep? what is that? I can't sleep!

Will there ever be JUSTICE for JonBenet?

Yes! I've gotten interested in this case the last week and have been reading everything I can find. My mind is reeling. And I am completely creeped out.

I think they DID check, invaderzim. But her breathing and pulse would have been so shallow at that point, a highly agitated person might well have missed it. Which leads to the second point: they didn't know they were strangling her to death. They thought she was dead.

This could be the case. Or Burke could have done everything from the head strike to the strangulation to the train track prodding, leaving only the loose bindings, duct tape and "tucking in" to the person or persons who did the staging. I remain on the fence, but have always had trouble with the idea of otherwise doting parents creating that terrible paint brush thing to strangle their little girl, whether they thought she was dead or not. Seeing Burke's interviews as a child and on Dr. Phil, I'm leaning towards Patsy coming down from her packing in the middle of the night to find her daughter dead. I think Burke was capable of the entire murder and a desperate Patsy took over to create the intruder illusion. But I'm still open to the notion that one or both of the parents did the strangling.

Yes! I've gotten interested in this case the last week and have been reading everything I can find. My mind is reeling. And I am completely creeped out.

Glad to know I'm not alone. Because I've been reading/watching any and everything about dear Jonbenet this past month - not to mention it is usually the last thing I read before bed - I have a really hard time falling asleep. ):

JonBenet Ramsey :rose: :rose:

About the fiber evidence-
Did the fiber evidence fail to prove anything because this was a family living together (so "cross contamination" was expected)? If so, wouldn't there be all kinds of fibers from all kinds of recently worn clothing or recently used blankets or whatnot all over the place? But the fibers found were from things they were wearing that night, right? Is it not valid because of the way the parents mishandled her body after it was found (JR bringing her upstairs, PR laying on her, etc)? And I saw somewhere that Arndt told them not to touch anything just before embarking on the search when she was found. Do you think that was a further attempt to ruin evidence?

About the fiber evidence-
Did the fiber evidence fail to prove anything because this was a family living together (so "cross contamination" was expected)? If so, wouldn't there be all kinds of fibers from all kinds of recently worn clothing or recently used blankets or whatnot all over the place? But the fibers found were from things they were wearing that night, right? Is it not valid because of the way the parents mishandled her body after it was found (JR bringing her upstairs, PR laying on her, etc)? And I saw somewhere that Arndt told them not to touch anything just before embarking on the search when she was found. Do you think that was a further attempt to ruin evidence?

It very well might be that, Scherrod. If for no other reason than the fibers were in criminally significant places and most likely got there through direct contact. The whole thing would take a long time to explain.

I have a lot of questions that could definitely be answered. Like, the blanket. What fibers or anything else was on it. Do they think it came out of the dryer or off the bed? Was there any of the cellar mold on JonBenet's feet? Why was there only one footprint if she were carried in. Was Burke wearing a similar fleece jacket to Patsy's that night? What blood spot could have been transferred to the panties and did it seem like old blood? Did they test those panties that the Ramsey's eventually sent in, just in case? Could JonBenet have been wiped down before she was ever hit in the head? Were there any fibers at all found on the flashlight? And why did JonBenet not get knocked over and bruise some part of her body when she was in head? Could she have been hit while asleep in bed? And could Burke have helped Patsy stage some things and John didn't catch on til later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88