Steven Avery: Sex Symbol?

I'm not understanding the posts about counseling being needed and questioning why someone posted a link to this news.

I would think that all of the people who feel that Steven Avery is innocent would be happy that he's engaged to marry someone he loves.

Because of the fact that he has been locked away for almost half of his life and not been able to gain enough social skills to recognize when someone is actually in love with him and wants to be with him because she loves him and wants to support him, or if this person may have ulterior motives that can end up hurting him in the long run. As far as from SA's perspective goes, I understand that, of course, he is very happy right now with this beautiful woman declaring her love for him and that is very understandable, but as he is presently incarcerated with limited ways to know what is going on in the outside world, other than what he is being told from people he has allowed to come and visit him. It is only common sense to know that he will need assistance, if ever released, in coping with the outside world and all of the changes that has taken place while he has been incarcerated. That is another sad thing about the justice system. Even guilty people, who have been released on parole, are not immediately thrust out into the real world. They are sent to halfway houses that help them become better equipped to deal with things after being institutionalized for a long period of time, while exonerated people are just thrown back into the world and expected to cope. The thing about SA is he seems to be very naive when it comes to trusting people's character's at face value. That was shown back in 2005 at the beginning of the TH investigation when he, very cooperatively, allowed LE to come on in and search his trailer because he believed that since he didn't do anything and they wouldn't find anything, that would be the end of it. This is the area he is going to need the most help because there are going to be many people who will try to get close to him to benefit themselves, whether that means financial reasons, for the fame, or even for more sinister reasons (because I cannot see the powers that be simply allowing him to be set free, so I do not trust that it won't be arranged for someone to get close to him for spy purposes, possibly). It is for all of these reasons that I believe he will need counseling and not just because of a possible marriage in the future. I, sincerely, wish him all the happiness in the world, as he more than deserves it after all he has been put through, but I cannot say that I do not have serious doubts. It all seems to be happening very fast, and from the pictures I have seen posted, his fiancee does not look like a loving happy partner. SA looks extremely happy (as is expected), but she looks very stiff and uncomfortable to me, IMO. So, for me, the jury is out on how this is going to pan out for him. I hope I am wrong and he is able to have the life he wants and is expecting to have, because it would be a double injustice if he is able to be released and then has to deal with more heartache from an engagement or marriage that wasn't genuine from both sides (his and hers). All JMO, of course. Edit:I keep forgetting to clarify JMO.

It certainly seems love is a risky business, with the average divorce rate in the U.S. ranging from 40% to 50% (source: American Psychological Association; apa.org).

What did you all think about SA's prior financé, Sandra Greenman?

Zellner appears not to be concerned about SA and this lady getting engaged.

It certainly seems love is a risky business, with the average divorce rate in the U.S. ranging from 40% to 50% (source: American Psychological Association; apa.org).

When it comes to matters of the heart, we human beings are often unrealistically optimistic... I remember reading, years ago, about a study that was done, 1000 newly engaged couples were asked if they believed the statistics, that showed the 50% divorce rate, and the vast majority of them said yes they did, but when each couple was asked if they thought their marriage was likely to end in divorce, a whopping 100% of them no! LOL! Go figure...

I always felt Sandra Greenman trauma bonded to SA. her husband was terminally ill, then died, and it's easy to see, how she might have felt strongly for a person who was supportive during that time. I didn't really get "Gold Digger" and /or Attention Ho" vibes from SG... not sure why not though...

I do get that vibe from this new person. I would love for them to be ( or at least become) madly in love and have a happy life, But there's something "off" about this woman...I agree her pics look...staged...not sure if that's the word I'm looking for... but also the timing of her need to begin "dating"/ then visit, the poor incarcerated SA fairly shrieks *Opportunist*.

What did YOU think about Sandra, Madeleine?
Personally, I didn't. What matters is what SA thought/thinks?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

What matters is what SA thought/thinks?

rsbm

This is true. But I have always had a kind of morbid fascination with women who *date* the incarcerated. Kinda like "What are they thinking" when they do that! 0.o
There's no shortage of emotionally stunted men in the "free" world!

rsbm

This is true. But I have always had a kind of morbid fascination with women who *date* the incarcerated. Kinda like "What are they thinking" when they do that! 0.o
There's no shortage of emotionally stunted men in the "free" world!
Yea, agree.
Haven't really thought about the psychological aspect of this🤔

I can see how someone in his situation could become desperately lonely. So yes. I will say, "Congratulations!" In all sincerity, and wish them both well.

And Kratz thought he was "The Prize"! My how things change LOL
attachment.php
This is the scariest image I've seen in a while!!:scared: Is it Wolfman?!

There probably wouldn't have been any prosecutor that would have been deemed ok; anyone who was brought in to prosecute Avery was going to be hated. KK made it easy though, with his various issues and behaviors.

Damnit this came up in my feed again and I snorted apple cider out my nose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damnit this came up in my feed again and I snorted apple cider out my nose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope you didnt snort it over your keybaord, Ive heard that wrecks them :happydance:

lol

Its crazy, women throwing themselves at guys in prison. Always makes me go wtf.

This one seems to have an agenda, at least. I mean, beyond falling for *His Hawtness* lol!

Look at her, already poised for Tabloid stardom. Whats next, her own reality show, "I Married a Murderer"?
making-a-murderer-dr-phil-2.jpg
Also, in this article SA names Brad Pitt as the actor he feels should be chosen to depict him, in a movie about his life. :)

http://deadline.com/2016/09/making-a-murderer-steven-avery-fiancee-interview-dr-phil-1201828589/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back