Why GJ Likely Solved Case In 1999

and it is exactly what incompetent M Lacy wanted to accomplish too..she used the unknown DNA to keep the investigation OPEN so that nothing will ever become PUBLIC

Conclusion
It is the belief of the investigative team that the evidence and information gathered to date strongly indicates the Ramsey’s have knowledge, involvement, and responsibility for the death of their daughter. The following is a reiteration of the points that head us to that opinion.

1) Prior vaginal trauma

--------------------

now this is very telling

wonder where they got their info from, medical panel only or were her medical records unsealed, important to know. Btw, did Beuf testify before the GJ?

The prior vaginal trauma was from the autopsy, but they have have subpoenaed her records. Yes, Dr. Beuf is listed as having testified to the GJ (p. 176).

Well, according to what Kolar wrote in his book, this could have been the sort of mental issue that was easily "cured" in a few months. As hard as that is to believe.

Perhaps he was referring to the "mental issue" as being that BR was a juvenile, and in a few months he would no longer be a juvenile when he turned 10? Thereby, the comment "easily cured" is at ten, he no longer has an adolescent brain not capable of murder according to the law, and is * cured *?

Perhaps a tongue-in-cheek comment?

All above is merely my opinion

Perhaps he was referring to the "mental issue" as being that BR was a juvenile, and in a few months he would no longer be a juvenile when he turned 10? Thereby, the comment "easily cured" is at ten, he no longer has an adolescent brain not capable of murder according to the law, and is * cured *?

Perhaps a tongue-in-cheek comment?

All above is merely my opinion

No no. He referenced a specific type of mental disorder, I no longer have the book or I would add the details, perhaps someone who has it will quote it for us.

No no. He referenced a specific type of mental disorder, I no longer have the book or I would add the details, perhaps someone who has it will quote it for us.

SBP. Sexual behavior problems. From a book Kolar read "Sexually Aggressive Children; Coming to Understand Them." Author is Araji Said typical preadolescent age of onset of SBP is 6-9 years old. It was a comprehensive study of research on sex abuse perpetrated by children 12 years old and younger.

Araji book says SPB can be a result of being sexually abused. However it can also begin because of PTSD, anger, fear or emotional detachment.

SBP. Sexual behavior problems. From a book Kolar read "Sexually Aggressive Children; Coming to Understand Them." Author is Araji Said typical preadolescent age of onset of SBP is 6-9 years old. It was a comprehensive study of research on sex abuse perpetrated by children 12 years old and younger.

Thanks, that helped me find a bit more from Kolar's book online.

Foreign Faction, pp 367-370
The second important event to occur that winter involved additional discoveries that were related to the behavioral symptoms of a childhood disorder.
While working on the written case outline that was completed in October 2006, I became aware of a childhood behavioral disorder that revolved around the issue of sexually aggressive children. I learned about clinical research that had been conducted on the topic of children with a behavioral disorder commonly referred to as “Sexual Behavior Problems”, or “SBP.”
I had obtained a copy of the book, Sexually Aggressive Children, Coming to Understand Them, and other research materials on that topic late that fall and began to review them in my spare time. Araji’s book, in particular, provided a comprehensive overview of national research that had studied sexual abuse perpetrated by children 12 years of age and younger.
Approximately two months had passed since the mailing of my letter to the D.A.’s office, and I had finished my study of the SBP text book. It was incredibly enlightening, and the case studies only served to strengthen my belief that developed from my analysis of the case that indicated some form of family cover-up.
This information is not all-inclusive but provides an overview of the behavioral symptoms seen with this childhood disorder:

• Research into sexually aggressive children was described as being in its “infancy” in the mid1990s. (It appears that the earliest studies on this topic only dated to 1980.)
  • The average onset of preadolescent sexual behavior problems (SBP) are between the ages of 6-9 years.
  • Although the term “sexual” is used, the children’s intentions and motivations for these behaviors may be unrelated to sexual gratification.
  • Children act out for many varied reasons. Some may have been the prior victims of sexual abuse. Some may act out due to other behavioral problems related to PTSD, anger, fear, or emotional detachment. Sexual acting out has been linked to anger, rage, loneliness, and fear.
  • FBI UCR reports in 1979 revealed 249 rape arrests for children less than 12 years of age. Sixty-six of those children were under the age of 10.
  • Early research conducted in the 1980s provided evidence that preadolescent children’s behaviors can be as aggressive and violent as those of adolescents and adults.
  • FBI UCR discontinued reporting the age of offenders in 1980, but the National Center for Juvenile Justice reported a forcible rape rate of .02 per 1000 for 10 and 11 year olds in 1988.
  • 1990 FBI and media reports in this time period indicate that among adults convicted of sex crimes, approximately 30% said they began offending before they were 9 years old.
  • A 1991 study revealed that some children engaged in behaviors that involved fire-setting, bed-wetting, animal mutilation, and scatological behaviors- (disturbed bodily functions related to urination and elimination).

• A 1993 nationwide survey of SBP therapists identified preadolescent behaviors in 222 children that ranged from voyeurism to coercion: The more serious offenses involved digital penetration, penile intercourse, anal intercourse, bestiality, and ritualistic or sadistic sexual abuse.
  • Another 1993 survey conducted in the Northwest revealed that some offenders used physical coercion that included tying up their victims.
  • Offenders lack compassion, empathy, and exhibit inadequate social skills.
  • A victim may be the object of revenge or anger and could be viewed as the parent’s “favored child” by the perpetrator.
  • Families frequently attempt to portray themselves to the world as the “perfect” family.
  • Co-morbidity: SBP patients have a higher incidence of psychiatric disorders that include, but are not limited to, attachment disorder and separation anxiety.
Revelation of these clinical case studies and the emerging national recognition of this childhood behavioral disorder was in its infancy at the time of JonBenét’s death, but confirmed what I had occasionally witnessed in the District Attorneys’ weekly SART meetings: Children of Burke’s age had been proven capable of sexually abusing their siblings and others.
Moreover, these studies confirmed that children of his age were capable of committing horrendous acts of physical violence typically thought to have been reserved to adults.
It had been stated repeatedly that there had been no prior recorded history / incidents of abuse that would have suggested parental involvement in JonBenét’s death. As I pointed out in the case analysis report and Power Point outline completed in the fall of 2006, Burke had already exhibited one prior incident of violence against JonBenét.
The incident that involved a blow to the head with a golf club that took place in Michigan was claimed to be an “accident” by the Ramsey family, but it is interesting to note that this incident took place within a day or two of JonBenét’s birthday in August 1994.
One can only wonder whether sibling jealousy or envy may have played any part in that instance, and whether these feelings spilled over into the events of the Christmas holidays in 1996.
I had also found it interesting that the Paugh’s had reportedly purchased several books on childhood behavior for the Ramsey family. The titles of the books were intriguing:

• The Hurried Child – Growing Up Too Fast, by David Elkind;
  • Children at Risk, Dobson / Bruer;
  • Why Johnny Can’t Tell Right From Wrong, Kilpatrick.
When exploring the nature of the content of these three books, I wondered what might have been taking place in the home that prompted the grandparents to purchase these types of childhood behavioral books for the family.
I had reviewed an investigator’s report that documented a 1997 interview with former Ramsey nanny – housekeeper Geraldine Vodicka, who stated that Burke had smeared feces on the walls of a bathroom during his mother’s first bout with cancer. She told investigators that Nedra Paugh, who was visiting the Ramsey home at the time, had directed her to clean up the mess.
There were other police reports in the files that documented what I thought could be viewed as related behavior. CSIs had written about finding a pair of pajama bottoms in JonBenét’s bedroom that contained fecal material. They were too big for her and were thought to belong to Burke.
Additionally, a box of candy located in her bedroom had also been observed to be smeared with feces. Both of these discoveries had been made during the processing of the crime scene during the execution of search warrants following the discovery of JonBenét’s body.
I wondered whether fecal material observed in pajamas thought to belong to Burke, and smeared on the box of candy in his sister’s bedroom, could have been related to the symptoms of scatological behavior associated with SBP.
I also contemplated the reasons why a box of JonBenét’s candy would have been smeared with human excrement.
As noted previously, Linda Hoffman-Pugh had also mentioned finding fecal material in JonBenét’s bed sheets. It raised the question as to who may have been responsible for the deposit of that material in her bed – had it been JonBenét or was it Burke?
I readily admit that I am not a trained psychologist – psychiatrist, having taken only the most basic of courses during my college studies. But these observations pointed to indicia of some type of behavioral issue that had been taking place in the Ramsey household, and they appeared to have been taking place over some period of time. Incidents like these would not likely have become known to those outside the family, but could have been an underlying reason for the grandparent’s purchase of the childhood behavioral books discussed previously.

And if I'm remembering this all correctly, psychologists were claiming to be very successful at "fixing" this in a fairly short time.

I also found this:

http://harmonyfamilycenter.org/uploads/pdf/Children with Sexual Behavior Problems.pdf

Treatment Implications

According to the National Center on Sexual Behavior of Youth, most children with SBP can live safely with other children as long as appropriate treatment and careful supervision is in place. Many children with SBP can be successfully treated and managed on an outpatient basis while living at home, attending school. However, if the behavior does continue to be highly intrusive or aggressive, despite treatment, the child should be removed until it is resolved. Inpatient treatment should be resorted as an option for unusually severe cases, such as a child with accompanying psychiatric disorders and/or highly aggressive behaviors which recur despite appropriate outpatient treatment and supervision.

Thanks, that helped me find a bit more from Kolar's book online.

And if I'm remembering this all correctly, psychologists were claiming to be very successful at "fixing" this in a fairly short time.

I also found this:

http://harmonyfamilycenter.org/uploads/pdf/Children with Sexual Behavior Problems.pdf

Correct. Kolar contacted Araji by phone. Said with therapy sometimes SBP could resolve in 3-4 months. However if there are other behavioral disorders underlying that therapy or treatment would take longer even years

Has anyone ever read this book? I was thinking of trying to order it. I'd have to hide it from my hubby, he thinks I'm too obsessed with this case and far too interested in psychopathology for my own good.

Correct. Kolar contacted Araji by phone. Said with therapy sometimes SBP could resolve in 3-4 months. However if there are other behavioral disorders underlying that therapy or treatment would take longer even years

I assume that is just for sexual acts, and not after the sexually aggressive child had killed someone?

I assume that is just for sexual acts, and not after the sexually aggressive child had killed someone?

Correct. Kolar did not disclose he was seeking information for work on the Ramsey case.

Has anyone ever read this book? I was thinking of trying to order it. I'd have to hide it from my hubby, he thinks I'm too obsessed with this case and far too interested in psychopathology for my own good.

That's what my wife thinks about me.

Since it's related, I screencapped some interesting images from the latest Dateline special, Who Killed JonBenet? They flash some court documents on screen which appear to be the final three pages of the 73 page Grand Jury report.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/22urdz9g7kjsrqw/dateline1.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1umx847dt2kp2ng/dateline2.png?dl=0

Great day! Excellent work, ZoriahNZ. :loveyou:

That's how this works! Such amazing documents hidden from us for twenty years finally uncovered that shows the GJs conclusion of their findings! This computer thingy will enlarge to read every chilling word available. Thank you. Just...thank you. Now, I must go watch the Dateline Show.

No one will ever accuse me of being a great legal mind. That being said, I think I see why the GJ indictments were rejected. The R's could not receive a fair trial, or really any trial, if the primary suspect of a first degree murder could not be even mentioned, or even that there was a first degree murder.

That being said, if the charges were meant to indicate the GJ couldn't discern which of the two parents was actually responsible for the murder - then that is scandalous.

No one will ever accuse me of being a great legal mind. That being said, I think I see why the GJ indictments were rejected. The R's could not receive a fair trial, or really any trial, if the primary suspect of a first degree murder could not be even mentioned, or even that there was a first degree murder.

That being said, if the charges were meant to indicate the GJ couldn't discern which of the two parents was actually responsible for the murder - then that is scandalous.

An attorney on the CBS show explained that if the GJ wasn't sure which parent was guilty of first degree murder, they would have indicted them both. It seems pretty clear they thought Burke did it.

I think they could have received a trial and a fair one at that even though Burke could not be charged with anything. There is no reason Burke would have to be completely ignored by the prosecution in a criminal trial, although I agree it could make it trickier to prosecute a case. But it can happen in situations where there are multiple defendants who played different roles in a crime and are being tried separately.

I think this was just one of several reasons why Alex Hunter was such a wimp about the Ramseys.

I just realised that this screencapped part of page 73 which continues the bulleted points of the Grand Jury's conclusion:

(?) early stages of the investigation, the Ramsey's first attorney, Brian
(glas?), retired profiler from the F.B.I.'s Behavioral Science unit. Mr.
that he never interviewed Patsy Ramsey and that he was hired to

Relates to this article. It's about the book Mindhunter which was found in JR's pile of reading material in the bedroom:

1998-08-04: Enquirer (Week of August 4, 1998):
Police reveal 'murder manual' found in mom & dad's bedroom

In a dramatic development in the JonBenet Ramsey murder case, police found a "hot-to murder manual" in the bedroom of the little beauty queen's parents!

The true-crime book describes a 1985 murder with amazing similarities to the brutal killing of JonBenet, who would have turned 8 on August 6.

And incredibly, it was written by John Douglas, former head of the FBI's behavioral science unit - and one of the first experts hired by JonBenet's father John after he and wife Patsy set up their own investigation team.

"The book was among several found during a search of John and Patsy's bedroom after JohBenet's body was discovered in the basement," said a source close to the case. "One of the investigators recently read through it in detail and was stunned at what he saw in one chapter.

"For someone planning a murder or staging its aftermath, it could amount to a how-to manual."

The book "Mind Hunter," was published in 1995, the year before JonBenet was murdered.

It describes the case of Larry Gene Bell, who abducted and murdered high school senior Shari Faye Smith and a 9-year-old girl near Columbia, S.C.

And Douglas, who helped solve the killings, lists circumstances in the case that were later eerily echoed in the JonBenet murder:

* After snatching Shari, the killer called her mother. His first words to her were, "Listen carefully." In the JonBenet case, the ransom note - which cops believe was written by Patsy Ramsey - starts with the words, "Listen carefully!"

* Shari was suffocated with duct tape, which was later pulled from her mouth and nose. When John Ramsey found his daughter's body he ripped duct tape from her mouth.

* Before she was killed Shari wrote a "last will and testament" to her family on a legal pad. The fake JonBenet ransom note was written on a yellow legal pad.

* Shari's killer collected *advertiser censored* featuring bondage. JonBenet's hands had been bound with cord before she was murdered.

* Shari's sister Dawn later won the Miss South Carolina beauty title and went on to finish as a runner-up in the Miss America pageant. Patsy Ramsey is a former Miss West Virginia - and she also competed for the Miss America title.

Both John and Patsy were questioned about the book in June, and they dismissed the similarities between the book and JonBenet's murder as sheer coincidence, The Enquirer has learned.

But Gregg McCrary - Douglas' fellow FBI profiler who was also approached to work for the Ramseys and turned them down - declared: "The longer you are in my business, the less you believe in coincidences.

"I believe the JonBenet crime scene was staged. Many times when people stage a crime scene it's based on their perception of what a real criminal would do - and they get that information from books or movies.

"The grand jury will have to weight whether these are a series of coincidences - or something else.

I'm trying to catch up with all the posts, so I'm not sure who this is addressed to. I've read several posts where different posters have indicated that they think the RGJ's reference to someone other than the parents as having committed "First Degree Murder" indicates premeditation or intent to kill. I've said this before, but I'll say it again. FIRST DEGREE MURDER (M-1) DOES NOT MEAN OR IMPLY ONLY PREMEDITATION OR INTENT! "Felony Murder" is M-1. As long as the death occurs during the commission of another felony (robbery, burglary, kidnapping, rape, sexual abuse of a child), it does not matter if it was accidental or unintentional. It is still First Degree Murder. It's important to realize this so anyone's theory isn't dependent on that misconception.

The statute (scroll to "Felony Murder"):
C.R.S. 18-3-102

Have we heard at all from the poster BlueCrab?? Or did they sort of vanish??

Also, could anyone link me to some more information about the emails Susan Stine allegedly authored where she impersonates a police officer? Sorry for going off topic. I didn't know where else to put this.

Have we heard at all from the poster BlueCrab?? Or did they sort of vanish??

Also, could anyone link me to some more information about the emails Susan Stine allegedly authored where she impersonates a police officer? Sorry for going off topic. I didn't know where else to put this.

Here's the WS thread on her - interesting stuff there: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Stine-the-makeup-artist&highlight=Susan+Stine

Here's acandyrose's page on her: http://www.acandyrose.com/s-susan-n-glenn-stine.htm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back