Questions Welcome Here!

Oh good I'm glad she got help! and your welcome :smile:

check it out we have a lot of great links in there!!!

I am new and I hope I am posting this in the right place. Does anyone know of any unsolved crimes in Mississippi/North Carolina/Kentucky that the following man could be connected to? He is now in jail in NC awaiting trial for a low level felony for fraud under one of his aliases (Jonathan Charles Placic, DOB 12/28/1962) and refuses to tell police his real name/identity. His fingerprints are not in the national identification database. He had come to Mississippi at some point between 2002 and 2004 or so and then showed up back in NC in late 2008/early 2009 using an alias. He has a long history of drug use according to anecdotal accounts from people who partied with him in the 90's. They knew him as JC, but didn't know a last name. There is lots of information on the facebook page about aliases, photographs, etc. He was also known to manufacture a drug that required "cooking" and drug paraphernalia was left in the home when he left NC for Mississippi sometime after 2001. While in Mississippi, he began claiming to be a wildlife consultant, then a wildlife biologist, and began developing a strong interest in "land management", deer hunting and deer hunters. He has many narcissistic traits and has a history of being vindictive when someone "crosses" him - even when it is something minor. Many signs point to him being "on the run" from something in Mississippi or Kentucky when he returned to NC under a different alias in late 2008/early 2009. Please check out the facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pleasehelpfindthisconartist for information about his Mississippi license plate that he registered using the address of a Hancock County homeless shelter in 2006.....and other facts about him that may be helpful. Law enforcement also feels that he did something that he is running from - but no one knows what.

Hello, and thanks for the add to the forum. I'm here because I'd like websleuth advice.
20 years ago I was molested. I never told anyone and essential ignored the whole deal as I grew older. Recently I had issues in my life that lead me to deal with my past. One of the first things I did was Google the name of my molester and the neighborhood. I found that a girl went missing within the same time frame and within a mile of where this happened to me (where molester lived). While she had been missing for so many years, I just didn't know. I called local law enforcement - the division focused on this cold case - and explained what I had realized and what my experience had been. I can say without a doubt that the local detectives are not particular interested in this case. The detective himself has excused himself twice quoting the fact that he's on another case ---this case he refers to has received national attention. Essentially, he's busy.

My molester may or may not have had anything to do with this missing person. What I know is that this man had a taste for young teens, was very predatory, and lived within a mile of the victim. I know the local authorities have not looked into the lead I have provided them. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. Is reporting to the local authority sufficient or should I also call the state and federal authorities listed on her case? Most importantly, is this something I should make known in the Missing Person network, including this girl's mother? I feel like if I was Mom in this case I would want to know if there was a local sex predator, even if he was not convicted. But, I'm not in that position and don't want to assume or cause unnecessary harm.

I think that just based on what I've said here many Websleuthers will know which case I'm talking about. If you do, I ask you please have respect for the many people involved and don't name names until necessary. TY.

sarahjustice & Wonder123,

Welcome to Websleuths! Good to have you with us. I don't have specific advice here but our Resource board has a lot of good info in it. You can go to the state you are interested in, we have links for cold/unsolved cases, missing children by state, law enforcement agencies and lots more.

I am also going to leave a few of the national links you may want to check out as well.

Websleuth's Resource Center

State by State Resources

National Center For Missing & Exploited Children

FBI Kidnappings & Missing Persons

Wanted by the FBI - Crimes Against Children

Maybe some of our great members here can offer some advice too. :smile:

again... Welcome to Websleuths!

:welcome4:

The thread I am on is regularly being derailed by a minority few with self indulgent, subjective and off the wall posts which is frustrating the heck out of the genuine posters, not to mention and most importantly distracting our.efforts away from the goal. The mods have already intervened but it still continues. Is it possible to create a thread that can only be joined by invite only? Is this what is called a Private Forum?

Thank you.

Hello all! I'm new to the forums and am not sure if this is the correct thread to post this, but I don't see any other thread to ask.
My husband's Aunt was abducted as an infant by her babysitters and due to the circumstances at the time, law enforcement refused to take a report. Many sites refuse to list her as missing without a report. My in laws have run into so many road blocks in trying to get information on her or getting anyone to list her as missing. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated!

Hey everyone,

I've been lurking for a while now. Lots of information to process.

Little bit of a background on myself. I've been a police officer for 10 years and have worked in some of the roughest neighborhoods. The area I'm most comfortable with geographically is the mid-Atlantic and east coast United States. So open cases in those areas pertain to me the most.

I look forward to helping however I can. Albeit legally and within the guidelines set forth by my department.

Any questions shoot me a PM. Anything needed just point me in the right direction.

I am new here, and I was wondering if anyone here has talked about the Desmond's murder at Lake Oconee. They were a retired elderly couple that didn't seem to have any enemies. They were murdered in an upscale lake home in Georgia and he was decapitated and her body was found in the lake. I can't find any threads here on it. Would anyone mind helping me find one if it was/is discussed here.

Hi, and a question.

Why is the Elisa Lam case forum "read only"? I know she was eventually found, but isn't there still suspicion around the details of her death?

Just curious, because there's no explanation on the board itself. There seem to be other similar case boards open, and thus.

Thanks!

Hello,

I have a question. Is there a resource that explains some of the acronyms and abbreviations used on this forum? I swear it took me about 30 posts before I could figure out what LE meant.

Thanks for any help.

Don't know where to post this so I am posting it here. Hope it is ok. Hoping someone can please point me in the right direction.

I like to check in on my old cases from time to time to see if there are any new developments and what not. I have forgotten the name of a couple that went missing <6 years ago and it has been bothering me that I have not been able to check their case since I have forgotten their names with all that has been going on in my life between now and then. Here is the info that I remember:

Married couple missing
In thier 50's or possibly 60's
Son reported them missing saying they went on vacation and never returned
Son tried to fill fathers prescriptions, possibly tried to cash checks
The couple owned horses and had videos of them horseback riding
I believe they owned some type of lumber company and had videos as well (not positive)
Son was arrested along with his girlfriend, I believe

Any help is truly appreciated. Thanks!

i have possible info on a missing girl from messa az in 1999. mikelle biggs. i grew up in mesa myself and my mom suppossibly knew on of the men involved and told her pretty good details what happened and where she might be. spoke to the detective curently on the case but unfortunately not enough for them to investigate. i only know the guys first and last name and general age so how could i go about possibly finding him so the detective could atleast speak with him if hes still alive? or any type of volunteers that could do ground penetrating radar atleast to rule where she could be out or bring possible closer to the family. i want to find and use any possible rescource i can so i know it was atleast looked into and not just another hear say false lead

Hello! I'm new and have a question, so I hope this is the right place to post it. I've been so obsessed with Serial / Making a Murderer (like everyone else) for a long time and wanted to see if any one had any recs for similar cases to them that I can fall into the the rabbit hole over. What'd I'd like (and have had NO luck finding) is murder cases that are "solved" (i.e. a person is in jail, they may or may not be guilty that's not really important to me) but at one time there were multiple suspects or persons of interest. Being an American, I'm after an American case and I'd actually prefer it not be another TV show or podcast (aka The Jinx) because I just want to waste some time internet sleuthing lol! Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

I have a couple questions.

but first, very glad to have this community. thanks for having me. my computer lagged a bit yesterday when creating the account...so my username should be impunity...but never mind that...it's impugnity now! ;)

i have a case that has been solved and put aside...at least put aside by the police...but not us...the FAMILY.

how do i go about posting the story on here? perhaps getting/gaining insight and help from members.
and should i post the story here?

it's not national or even really local news anymore...it's been 9 months...but it's been 9 months and no report or autopsy or anything back to us.

the gist of the case....my brother was a defense lawyer ..defending a man accused of molesting a 5 year old girl...the family accusing this man were aggressive and harassed both my brother and the client and client's family and even harassed my brother at his home. it was believed by all involved in the case and the town..that the mother is prone to drama...she herself was molested by her grandfather...my brother and even a sheriff he interviewed and was going to subpoena and a psychologist that interviewed the girl...believed her story to be "coached"

the harassment and bullying tactics by the family meant that my bro lost witnesses...as he worked the case and explained to people in the town of 6,000 that if you are to be a witness means you expose yourself to the family and that they'll most likely berate you as they have shown to do in the past....he was losing the case because he couldn't get people to testify...they were flat out scared of the mom and the dad...the dad at one point in the case had threatened a judge...the dad had fired a pistol in their residence...

anyways.

my brother was found dead in his hotel room. exit bag strategy...an apparent suicide

case closed and never solved in my eyes. no one interviewed...no finger prints. no lividity test. they wrapped this up so quick we had to force their hand for an autopsy....they were set to cremate him immediately.

what little we have w/ working w/ the DCI ...well it all contradicts his story
at best...we have sloppy police work and a cover up...we do know that the family was close to those in the law and legal of that town.

i have lengthy affidavits documenting the harassment my bro and his client endured...they also document the level of paranoia he had

it's no small thing to start digging around in other's lives and start accusing them of sloppy work...accusing others (the family) for the murder of my brother.

but we also have evidence to support our claims and case and he never got a fair shake...any way you look at it. and oddly enough...people from this town and from around this area keep telling us to not trust the coroner or the police there....which is funny because it sounds as if they have some history. ftr, my brother walked into that town and ruffled a lot of feathers....including the sheriff who called him a little f#$#ing prick.

i'm all ears and i'm open to all suggestions as to where to start w/ this....i can provide a detailed letter we've drafted that outlines the case. i can provide affidavits.

at this point. i just thank you for your time. i need to start somewhere.

Hello! I'm new and have a question, so I hope this is the right place to post it. I've been so obsessed with Serial / Making a Murderer (like everyone else) for a long time and wanted to see if any one had any recs for similar cases to them that I can fall into the the rabbit hole over. What'd I'd like (and have had NO luck finding) is murder cases that are "solved" (i.e. a person is in jail, they may or may not be guilty that's not really important to me) but at one time there were multiple suspects or persons of interest. Being an American, I'm after an American case and I'd actually prefer it not be another TV show or podcast (aka The Jinx) because I just want to waste some time internet sleuthing lol! Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

i know you said you'd prefer no podcast.

but have you tried the sword and scale podcast? i'm truly in love w/ this podcast. it's not for the weak stomached. some of the podcasts i can't even finish. some of them i have to turn off because it's too much all at once. but it is high class and really well done. hope that helps.

I know this is a really old thread, but I cannot figure out how to start a new thread or make a new post.
On May 19, 1983, the lifeless and battered body of 17 year old Jenelle Marie "Pookie" Gridley was found on the side of the road in Ada, Louisiana. Jenelle had been raped, beaten and strangled before being discarded like trash along the roadway. For the last 33 years, we have searched for answers as to who committed this brutal murder. I am looking for information, a timeline and any reports that may be available, but am unable to find ANY information at all. It is almost as if Jenelle never existed. Our family desperately wishes to find her killer and give her justice after all these years.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod
Back