Dr. Phil Interviews Burke Ramsey (9/12 & 9/13 2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
my opinion only, watching the Dr Phil interviews makes me wonder if the garotte was part of the accident. Is it the only thing that made them stop calling an ambulance?

That strangulation ligature was NOT, I repeat NOT an accident. It was what PR & JR saw as the cause of JBR's death, after all. They could not see her head wound and we don't even know if Burke had admitted to that or not. They staged the ransom note based on what they could see.

Ok here goes ... burke instigated everything but the dna ransom note and the cover up. I think it was the only option by the Ramseys to cover this up. shocked and appalled they held on to their only child by this cover up. the Dr Phil interviews cemented this, its proof enough as we will ever get.

I say accident because I cannot fathom a young boy doing this with malice. Yes I think burke did this as a very disturbed child. What I am most concerned with is that that child is now an adult and cannot empathise.

I went into that interview with the BDI mindset. Nothing I heard in the interview changed my mind at all. actually the fact that he admitted both he and John used the flashlight that night, and that he was downstairs after bed confirmed my view even further. The flashlight was always a huge sticking point for me, as i see no reason at all why it would be wiped down, including the batteries. So now we have no fingerprints on the flashlight that both Burke and John used (finally admitted, rather than the 'we have no flashlight' line). Why?

I do not find the manic grinning odd. To me it really came across as a guy who was extremely uncomfortable.

I actually believe he believes his version 100% too. I imagine going through something like that as a child..witnessing it or being part of it (of which there is no doubt in my mind one of these happened) would really **** you up. A friend of mine, when 10 years old opened her bedroom window wide whilst her new puppy was sat on her bed, it immediately jumped onto the windowsill and out of the window and died. I know this happened as I was there but even to this day she does not 'think' this happened. She remembers it as the window was already open, thus absolving herself of any blame in it. I imagine if the adults around her were constantly drumming a completely different story into her she may have the view now that the puppy didn't even die that day. Or that some stranger purposely pushed the puppy out of the window. The human brain is a weird thing and I do believe it reacts to conditioning, especially when started from a very young age.

What I saw was a hugely ****ed up adult, and oddly enough I actually felt sorry for him?! Which I did not expect at all.

The pineapple reaction..I did see a change in his demeanor at that stage. I believe this could have been a slight recollection that he did eat pineapple with JonBenet that night (or day..as Dr Phil stupidly put it). But he has been told..and maybe 'remembers'...that he did not. There was no pineapple eaten that day/night is the parents version and they have stuck to it rigidly. I do not see any reason to think they would not also drum into Burke that the pineapple was a nono..or that it didn't even happen. Another thing that struck me as hugely odd was him saying he would have heard it if his parents had hit his sister with a baseball bat. But this leaves me this question...if he would have heard his parents kill her, how would he not equally hear an intruder killing her? Sound levels and everything would be the same, just different perpetrators.

It was an interesting show. To me, it really humanized Burke and I found myself feeling a lot of sympathy for him at various stages. I always thought he was involved but it was not planned or malicious or anything, more some silly argument gone wrong. Kids can be brutal but I do not believe he intentionally hurt his sister to that degree. I believe this case may finally be 'cracked' once John is no longer with us. It would be very interesting to see what memories Burke has repressed. I have no doubt he is the key to this case. I also feel he made the wrong decision putting himself into the spotlight like that. Though I guess he had no choice given the CBS documentary was due to be shown the week after.

I say accident because I cannot fathom a young boy doing this with malice. Yes I think burke did this as a very disturbed child. What I am most concerned with is that that child is now an adult and cannot empathise.

I can easily fathom a young boy doing something like this with malice. Some kids pull the wings of flies or set small animals on fire with malice. Or out of lurid curiosity coupled with the total lack of empathy you mention above.

I keep coming back to the possibility that the garrote was used opportunistically, once B saw that his sister was injured and unresponsive. Like the lightbulb went off "Oh wow, now I can try to play that choking game with her and see what happens." Maybe the sexual assault was in the same vein. He saw his chance. She wasn't waking up even when poked. Maybe the garrote was already in existence. Maybe he planned to use it on the little dog but never got the chance. Maybe he knocked her out by accident or in a fit of anger but then saw an unconscious little sister not as a disaster requiring immediate attention from his parents but an opportunity to try out all his sadistic fantasies for a while. Maybe he thought she would wake up fine in the morning and never remember. Maybe when she didn't wake up he ran for his parents in a panic. So many possibilities here.

Maybe after the blow to the head, Burke realized something serious had happened, his sister was unresponsive
-so he tried to cover it up by staging the garrote scene. He wipes down the flashlight then wakes up his parents. He says he heard people in the house. They find the body and realize Burke probably had done the unthinkable. When confronted he confessed. Says it was an accident. Please don't call the police, I will be taken away. Patsy and John decide on a botched kidnap scenario, write the note, drill everyone on the story, call 911 then sent Burke to bed.

BBM. Thanks for the reminder on how he pointed that out. Not that he was sad to see her dead, but (smiling broadly) "One of her eyes was kinda droopy." Good Lord, he's a monster.

I'm actually a little surprised that BR hasn't been in trouble over the years, really praying he hasn't become a repeat / serial offender. He's so cold and detached in the interviews, and that constant, inaproppriate smile. It's as though he's completely disconnected. I believe he may well be more disturbed than any of us know.

I do sometimes wonder if kids can empathize at certain ages. Also I see everyday adults who cannot. I think the Dr Phil interviews showed burke had serious issues now as he did as a child. There's just no emotion there.

I don't think burke wiped the torch, the parents did. Watching cbs special, one quote I that really stood out was from patsys friend. When she questioned Jon benets new blonde hair. Patsy reply was that it was summer sun. Such a blatant lie, she would not admit the truth - hair dye! I'm sure they both would do anything to keep face.

There were four very important pieces of information that came out of these interviews with Burke.
1. He admitted going downstairs after everybody else had reportedly gone to bed. This places him downstairs at a critical time.
2. He stated he and JB 'might' have eaten pineapple together some time in the hours before her death.
3. A flashlight was in the house, easily accessible, and in fact used that night by JR at least.
4. The baseball bat found outside the house was actually his.

I believe there is enough in that new information for BPD to again be knocking on Burkes door requesting an interview. There are many many questions that could be asked around those four points alone.

This is a question I do have. Even IF he can't be charged, can the police not still question him to close the case? I doubt he would be charged with anything at all, but I do feel it's important to close the case regardless and receive some kind of proper answers.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm actually a little surprised that BR hasn't been in trouble over the years, really praying he hasn't become a repeat / serial offender. He's so cold and detached in the interviews, and that constant, inaproppriate smile. It's as though he's completely disconnected. I believe he may well be more disturbed than any of us know.
He reminds me of Ted Bundy smiling. Seriously.

I can easily fathom a young boy doing something like this with malice. Some kids pull the wings of flies or set small animals on fire with malice. Or out of lurid curiosity coupled with the total lack of empathy you mention above.

I keep coming back to the possibility that the garrote was used opportunistically, once B saw that his sister was injured and unresponsive. Like the lightbulb went off "Oh wow, now I can try to play that choking game with her and see what happens." Maybe the sexual assault was in the same vein. He saw his chance. She wasn't waking up even when poked. Maybe the garrote was already in existence. Maybe he planned to use it on the little dog but never got the chance. Maybe he knocked her out by accident or in a fit of anger but then saw an unconscious little sister not as a disaster requiring immediate attention from his parents but an opportunity to try out all his sadistic fantasies for a while. Maybe he thought she would wake up fine in the morning and never remember. Maybe when she didn't wake up he ran for his parents in a panic. So many possibilities here.
Imho, JonBenet was the fly that Burke pulled the wings off.

She was a little butterfly. Hey mom may have made her into a painted lady, but she was a pretty little girl. I'd always been a BDI but it all just clicked with the Dr Phil show, etc.

She was a little butterfly. Hey mom may have made her into a painted lady, but she was a pretty little girl. I'd always been a BDI but it all just clicked with the Dr Phil show, etc.

??? What? I made her into a painted lady??

Oh....you meant *her mom* made her into a painted lady. For a minute there I was wondering what the heck I had done or said! Whew!

I just watched the third Dr. Phil interview. After believing that BDI, I have to say that I surprise myself when I say that now I don't know what to think. Does anyone else feel that way?

Nope. After Dr Phil I am firmly BDI and I'll go further and say John is in this as deep as Patsy- the staging, undoing and subsequent cover up that also involved accusing innocent people. There's a special place in hell for JR. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23