Dr. Phil Interviews Burke Ramsey (9/12 & 9/13 2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my country Asperger doesn't exist anymore, they call it traits from the spectrum of autism or something similar. It has my interest because I have a few family members who were diagnosed with Aspergers (in the time that was still possible). My personal experience with them is that they seemed to be incapable of violence, violent behavior. Never, not even once, in over 30 years have I ever seen one of them act violently. With the youngest, my biggest concern was his inability to defend himself from others, not the other way around.

When JR describes Burke's behavior, the example of the Lego set, I recognize it from my own experiences and realise it could just as easily be true.

In my country Asperger doesn't exist anymore, they call it traits from the spectrum of autism or something similar. It has my interest because I have a few family members who were diagnosed with Aspergers (in the time that was still possible). My personal experience with them is that they seemed to be incapable of violence, violent behavior. Never, not even once, in over 30 years have I ever seen one of them act violently. With the youngest, my biggest concern was his inability to defend himself from others, not the other way around.

When JR describes Burke's behavior, the example of the Lego set, I recognize it from my own experiences and realise it could just as easily be true.

Maybe this is what he saw, and he wasn't around when Burke was getting his own back, doing other things to even the score with his sister. Sociopaths don't like to get caught and are masters at doing things under the radar.

MHO, all four Rs possessed varying degrees of NPD.

Really? You think 6 year old JonBenet showed signs of NPD? I'm not buying that, sorry. She was being encouraged to be on stage, many little girls enjoy performing, and even if she didn't enjoy it, she was trying to please her mother and win her time and affection. JR, sure. PR, not sure what her problems were. BR, I think he's a sociopath. But I believe JBR was the innocent in the family and that was one reason she died.

Not all psychopaths are killers.
Psychopaths make excellent CEOs b/c they're in charge as the Boss. Hence, others are beneath them. They are usually of high intelligence and take in information readily. They take high risks but usually land on their feet quickly. They tend to be loners, manipulators, persuasive, controllers, and charming.

Sociopaths are socially adept which BR is not. BR is not a psychopath either, JMHO.

BR has functioning Asperger's.
There is no cure. Can be treated or controlled with medication.
Abilify as a mood stabilizer is a possible medication that BRs psychiatrist prescribed.
Many Asper's are violent or experience seasons of violence.
BR knows right from wrong. He is highly intelligent.
Possessing co-morbids could influence his behavior.

Asper's should not view TV or be exposed to violence on radio or TV (or Nintendo64). It makes them excitable. They need to draw, read and color and maintain a quiet atmosphere. I don't envision the Rs household as being quiet, esp. that month in December.

Sadly, this was Burke at Christmas 1996:
"Kids (and adults) with Aspergers and High-Functioning Autism are prone to frustration, anger – and sometimes violence. The rapidity and intensity of anger, often in response to a relatively trivial event, can be extreme. When feeling angry, the child with Aspergers does not appear to be able to pause and think of alternative strategies to resolve the situation. There is often an instantaneous physical response without careful thought. When the anger is intense, the youngster with Aspergers may be in a blind rage and unable to see the signals indicating that it would be appropriate to stop."

http://www.myaspergerschild.com/2010/06/anger-and-violence-in-aspergers.html?m=1

Disclaimer: I am not a Doctor of Medicine. This is my opinion only. Do not share this information anywhere without permission which will not be granted.
Very insightful DeeDee. Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Unless, like DeDee pointed out, BR has a form of Aspergers in combination with another personality disorder. Or there are varying degrees of traits from the spectrum of autism which may manifest differently in each individual.

Not all psychopaths are killers.
Psychopaths make excellent CEOs b/c they're in charge as the Boss. Hence, others are beneath them. They are usually of high intelligence and take in information readily. They take high risks but usually land on their feet quickly. They tend to be loners, manipulators, persuasive, controllers, and charming.

Sociopaths are socially adept which BR is not. BR is not a psychopath either, JMHO.

BR has functioning Asperger's.
There is no cure. Can be treated or controlled with medication.
Abilify as a mood stabilizer is a possible medication that BRs psychiatrist prescribed.
Many Asper's are violent or experience seasons of violence.
BR knows right from wrong. He is highly intelligent.
Possessing co-morbids could influence his behavior.

Asper's should not view TV or be exposed to violence on radio or TV (or Nintendo64). It makes them excitable. They need to draw, read and color and maintain a quiet atmosphere. I don't envision the Rs household as being quiet, esp. that month in December.

Sadly, this was Burke at Christmas 1996:
"Kids (and adults) with Aspergers and High-Functioning Autism are prone to frustration, anger – and sometimes violence. The rapidity and intensity of anger, often in response to a relatively trivial event, can be extreme. When feeling angry, the child with Aspergers does not appear to be able to pause and think of alternative strategies to resolve the situation. There is often an instantaneous physical response without careful thought. When the anger is intense, the youngster with Aspergers may be in a blind rage and unable to see the signals indicating that it would be appropriate to stop."

http://www.myaspergerschild.com/2010/06/anger-and-violence-in-aspergers.html?m=1

Disclaimer: I am not a Doctor of Medicine. This is my opinion only. Do not share this information anywhere without permission which will not be granted.

This makes the best sense to me, from the BDI point of view (to which I am slowly coming around). He doesn't read like a psychopath to me either. He reads like someone with high sensitivity and low functionality.

The only thing I'd quibble with is labeling JBR a narcissist. She was too young.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless, like DeDee pointed out, BR has a form of Aspergers in combination with another personality disorder. Or there are varying degrees of traits from the spectrum of autism which may manifest differently in each individual.
Sure, DeDee's post made a lot of sense, and there are varying degrees of traits as far I know, also from my personal experiences. I was just a bit surprised with the statement that "Many Asper's are violent or experience seasons of violence."

I've read some articles on the subject today, and some studies indeed suggest that high-functioning autism disorders highten the risk of criminal behavior for example. There's also a high possibility of comorbid disorders. But I've also read some who indicate that the mechanisms underlying antisocial acts are quite different in Asper's compared to antisocial individuals. That they often have a strong sense of right and wrong, and tend to stick to the rules more rigidly than most people.

Did anyone else find Dr.Phil to be treating Burke with kid gloves? Burke was just so not normal to me. That gut feeling of what the hell is this?

Did anyone else find Dr.Phil to be treating Burke with kid gloves? Burke was just so not normal to me. That gut feeling of what the hell is this?

I think he was absolutely treating Burke Ramsey with kid gloves, compared to Dr. Phil's usual confrontational "pull no punches" sort of style. I couldn't believe it either, especially when Dr. Phil chastised his viewers for even suspecting that any the Ramseys were involved in the murder. I can only believe that that was the condition of his pal Lin Wood making Burke available for the interviews.

I think he was absolutely treating Burke Ramsey with kid gloves, compared to Dr. Phil's usual confrontational "pull no punches" sort of style. I couldn't believe it either, especially when Dr. Phil chastised his viewers for even suspecting that any the Ramseys were involved in the murder. I can only believe that that was the condition of his pal Lin Wood making Burke available for the interviews.

Yes I will agree with that. After that first interview I was actually in awe. And I was thinking to myself wow, Burke is so damn creepy and acting like a little kid. How in the world did he manage to graduate from Perdue. Brain smart ok but his whole aura was oddddddddddddddddddd and not normal. Social anxiety buls****. I dont buy it and Dr.Phil should be ashamed for that explanation. I just dont believe it. My opinion.

Sure, DeDee's post made a lot of sense, and there are varying degrees of traits as far I know, also from my personal experiences. I was just a bit surprised with the statement that "Many Asper's are violent or experience seasons of violence."

I've read some articles on the subject today, and some studies indeed suggest that high-functioning autism disorders highten the risk of criminal behavior for example. There's also a high possibility of comorbid disorders. But I've also read some who indicate that the mechanisms underlying antisocial acts are quite different in Asper's compared to antisocial individuals. That they often have a strong sense of right and wrong, and tend to stick to the rules more rigidly than most people.
Interesting- thanks. Sounds like a diagnosis is very complicated. There is no black or white. Lots of shades of gray.

And I don't think many people on the spectrum would think of themselves as enforcers of the rules or of justice. They would be frustrated if the rules weren't being followed, and if any acting out were done, it would be done to themselves, such as striking themselves, hitting their heads on walls, etc. Not attacking the other person. Just don't buy that Burke has Asperger's or is high-functioning autism spectrum and that is why he had an outburst toward JonBenet. I think the reality is something far worse.

Question... Did Burke attend all of his classes in the classroom at Perdue or were a lot or most taken online? Anyone have knowledge of this?

And I don't think many people on the spectrum would think of themselves as enforcers of the rules or of justice. They would be frustrated if the rules weren't being followed, and if any acting out were done, it would be done to themselves, such as striking themselves, hitting their heads on walls, etc. Not attacking the other person. Just don't buy that Burke has Asperger's or is high-functioning autism spectrum and that is why he had an outburst toward JonBenet. I think the reality is something far worse.
I have difficulty with that one as well, seems like quite a leap.

Just wondering if anybody could provide a link for the full interviews. Thanks in advance.

Question... Did Burke attend all of his classes in the classroom at Perdue or were a lot or most taken online? Anyone have knowledge of this?

I can't answer this with any real degree of certainty. However, some of the last photos of Patsy I've ever seen were taken as she was helping Burke move into his dorm, presumably his freshman year 2005. She appeared to be ill at the time.

I have difficulty with that one as well, seems like quite a leap.

I think many people here are struggling with just what sort of person Burke was at age 9, and since some have experience with spectrum disorders, are positing that he's some form of autism, even if very high-functioning. It's hard to get your mind around the idea that a kid age 9 can be a sociopath or psychopath, so you try and find some way to explain his aberrant behavior. But now you throw in his recent interview with Dr. Phil, and he's actually that same 9 year old boy who said he was moving on with his life just 13 days after his sister was killed....who smiles and smiles while someone is asking him about her murder in the house where he was supposedly sleeping....who drops bread crumbs to the viewing audience with the same smirking grin on his face....No, AFAWK, he hasn't done anything since JonBenet's murder. But he hasn't needed to, either. Lots of murderers only kill once, or if they have more than one victim, these can be separated by years if not decades.

I'm tired of hearing excuses and explanations for this really repugnant person.

Just wondering if anybody could provide a link for the full interviews. Thanks in advance.

They were on Youtube for a few days after they aired, but in a reduced size format, but now I can't seem to find them and I wonder if Dr. Phil got them pulled. you can search on Youtube though.

I think many people here are struggling with just what sort of person Burke was at age 9, and since some have experience with spectrum disorders, are positing that he's some form of autism, even if very high-functioning. It's hard to get your mind around the idea that a kid age 9 can be a sociopath or psychopath, so you try and find some way to explain his aberrant behavior. But now you throw in his recent interview with Dr. Phil, and he's actually that same 9 year old boy who said he was moving on with his life just 13 days after his sister was killed....who smiles and smiles while someone is asking him about her murder in the house where he was supposedly sleeping....who drops bread crumbs to the viewing audience with the same smirking grin on his face....No, AFAWK, he hasn't done anything since JonBenet's murder. But he hasn't needed to, either. Lots of murderers only kill once, or if they have more than one victim, these can be separated by years if not decades.

I'm tired of hearing excuses and explanations for this really repugnant person.
I'm certainly not as convinced, but I do believe that a brutal murder of a sibling and subsequent lack of guilt requires a sociopath or a psychopath, someone with a severe personality disorder and not some 'Rainman' having a bad day. I'm still entertaining the accident theory as well, but realise it's probably against better judgement. It's either one or the other, eventhough someone with SA could develop a PD, the SA diagnose basicly gets established by ruling out personality disorders. The age and the lack of compulsive behavior just makes it more difficult to determin which personalty disorder he was developing, and to establish the real motive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee