Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter, Id be interested to know whether the chord was used by Telstra, electricians or technicians *It is a specific type of rope used to draw cable

Or it is common rope/chord purchased at the local hardware? The fact it might have been used as a clothes line to hang some print objects, is the attributes the chord holds, low stretch without damaging what was hung over it. Someone might have got some chord off a PMG worker?

Maybe some the girls werent taken on a direct route to location. Someone did a car swap? Maybe days after abduction?

Friday’s edition of the Post also reported that police now believed the victim from the Karrakatta rape was tied up with washing line, not telephone wire as previously reported.

The washing line was found to be impregnated with material used in screen printing, the paper reported.

In addition, the newspaper said fibres found on Jane Rimmer’s body were found to match the upholstery of a Holden VS Commodore.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/west...7280fc03b67c97

If you follow that telegraph pole north, it eventually meets at a Telstra owned building towards Yanchep. There is also Telstra owned communcation infrastructure underground which tracks the overhead line.

I believe the line used to restrain the victim was a "hollow plastic rope", consistent with one of those roll out washing lines common in the 1990's. I've been told however, that this rope was not indeed yellow.

Jackhigh, here is an image of forensics searching Janes site. Opposite the power lines means it is the west side the road. As you can see it is a limestone track.
Jane_Rimmer_site.jpg

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wa...llings-report/

Here is police at Ciaras site. As you can see, some way off the road. Quite some effort from a car roadside, or did they drive down the hill?
ciara_location.jpg

Not sure if this has been discussed before, been a while since ive studied the case, but which route do people believe the CSK took to leave JR in Wellard. I've been going over the history of the different arterial roads that run north and south through the greater Perth area and am curious as to which route would be safest to have taken in those days with a dead woman in his vehicle.
Would he have come down the coast and then inland or around the eastern side of the city?

So Jane roadside, Ciara some way into the bush from road side.
[
jane_tammy_road.jpg

Jackhigh, here is an image of forensics searching Janes site. Opposite the power lines means it is the west side the road. As you can see it is a limestone track.
Jane_Rimmer_site.jpg

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wa...llings-report/

Here is police at Ciaras site. As you can see, some way off the road. Quite some effort from a car roadside, or did they drive down the hill?
ciara_location.jpg

So Jane roadside, Ciara some way into the bush from road side.
[
jane_tammy_road.jpg

JR was about 10 in from the road. On the other side of the wire fence you can see in that image. Would have taken a fairly strong bloke to do that.

Sorry, should have been more precise, Im more interested in which route you would take from Claremont to arrive at either end of Woolcoot rd. If i was about to dispose of a body i wouldnt just pull up and drop, i'd case the road in both directions. If that were the case, i'd assume he accessed Woolcoot from the north, turned around at Millar and then pulled up when he felt it was safe enough. This guy is maticulous, i doubt he would just pull up somewhere and drop without first making sure he was alone.

Im thinking if he accessed Woolcoot from the north, that is Mortimer rd, i assume that was possible in that era. At the eastern end of Mortimer rd is Casurina rd, Casurina rd takes you north to Orton rd and on Orton rd is Casurina Prison which had been open for half a decade at the time of JR's murder.
Could his familiaity with the area come from regular visits to that Prison?

Further to that,Orton rd leads towards the Sth Western hwy/Albany hwy and that makes its way back to the eastern side of the city. Now, i couldnt see myself passing through the heart of the city considering the circumstances so im thinking the Tonkin Hwy which terminated at Albany Hwy at that time.
Interestingly, Tonkin Hwy leads to Reid Hwy, Reid Hwy also connects with Wannaroo rd and Wannaroo rd leads to CG's disposal site.

Possible?

If the watch had come off, would that suggest Jane was dragged? Was there a fence at the time? That would mean someone had to lift a dead body over the fence? Thats quite a task unless the culprit or culprits were quite tall.

JR was about 10 in from the road. On the other side of the wire fence you can see in that image. Would have taken a fairly strong bloke to do that.

Were these roads as stated in 1996-1997?

Im thinking if he accessed Woolcoot from the north, that is Mortimer rd, i assume that was possible in that era. At the eastern end of Mortimer rd is Casurina rd, Casurina rd takes you north to Orton rd and on Orton rd is Casurina Prison which had been open for half a decade at the time of JR's murder.
Could his familiaity with the area come from regular visits to that Prison?

Further to that,Orton rd leads towards the Sth Western hwy/Albany hwy and that makes its way back to the eastern side of the city. Now, i couldnt see myself passing through the heart of the city considering the circumstances so im thinking the Tonkin Hwy which terminated at Albany Hwy at that time.
Interestingly, Tonkin Hwy leads to Reid Hwy, Reid Hwy also connects with Wannaroo rd and Wannaroo rd leads to CG's disposal site.

Possible?

Well thats where a local could chime in, im not sure tbh.

One would assume Orton and Casurina were there as the prison needed a road for access and the area is casuarina so it would be fair to assume a road of its name would have been one of the first.
Th properties along Orton appear to have been there a long time going by the types of dwellings as are properties on the roads which link it to the south western, Turner and Soldier.
The sth western would have been there and Tonkin terminated at Albany by then, Albany is an extension of the sth western. .
Reid was there and so too Wannaroo if im not mistken.

Now imagine you've just diposed of bodies, you want to get off the street quick and both return routes lead to the same part of metropolitan Perth, close to Malaga which appears to be an industrial area.

Or, i could be way off.

I'd say way off. It doesn't make sense to use those roads. If the CSK lived local then why go that far? If the CSk lived out that way (Malaga etc) then why not dump the bodies East?

I just can't see those roads being used.

if CSK had pre-planned the sites in Eglinton and Wellard... How did he know no-one would be there on those nights? The Eglinton carpark was described as being notoriously well known. People could have been camping nearby?

So if he's pre-planning... what are his other sites that he would use as a backup? Are they now the trophy sites?

Was Birnie kept in Casurina? He was visited a few times by Paul Ferguson.

Good point re the roads around that Casurina area, they are deserted during the day time. Imagine they are the same at night.

[/B]

Peter are you sure about this? It's just not making sense to me. Clothesline wire usually has a wire core so as to prevent stretching. If it was indeed "hollow", it would be tubing and more likely associated with the marine/fishing industry ( or arts and crafts). Is it possible for you to check with your source for a more exact description?

I can confirm I was told by someone who said they once worked close to the case, that the rope was indeed hollow and that's how they found the traces of foreign material. What is interesting is that this person didn't mention anything to do with screen printing.

I am in no way pushing this information as factually correct, rather presenting it for your own critique.

I can confirm I was told by someone who said they once worked close to the case, that the rope was indeed hollow and that's how they found the traces of foreign material. What is interesting is that this person didn't mention anything to do with screen printing.

I am in no way pushing this information as factually correct, rather presenting it for your own critique.

Thanks for that Peter! If that is the case, the tubing could relate to those that use an airbrush or spray gun. The paint doesn't necessarily have to be for commercial purposes (ie automative or general housepaint)
I myself have used dyes and gouache in this manner.

http://www.news.com.au/national/fre...rial-killer-case/story-e6frfkp9-1226056298037
The Post Newspaper also reported that detectives are trying to locate former employees of the printing company and wanted to know if printing components had gone missing at the time of the murders and the process involved in printed dyes on fabric.

I'm going to use this opportunity to call upon any guest readers or potential contributors to create an account and provide members of this group information about Telstra manual trades in the 1990's.

I'm particularly interested in hearing the different roles within the corganisation in 1995, and the setups surrounding the positions with regards to vehicles, geographical allocation of work, skills required and any other info.

Hi all �� In response to Peter kurten I knew someone that worked in the industry for Telstra in the 90's. The standard issue was a vs commodore panel van style trying to find a pic. I believe Telstra maintained the vehicles well back then and he often had temporary cars during repairs or service times which where frequent inline with safety. He also had a commodore vs station wagon with cage in the back as a vehicle for a year.

Interestingly, Those models looked very similar to police vehicles from afar and they were all fitted with cb's. I believe fleet cars where updated every couple of years. In regards to areas worked they did have a geographical area and were provided extras via CB as well. Sorry for my vagueness!! Could be an interesting line of enquiry.

Interestingly, Those models looked very similar to police vehicles from afar and they were all fitted with cb's. I believe fleet cars where updated every couple of years. In regards to areas worked they did have a geographical area and were provided extras via CB as well. Sorry for my vagueness!! Could be an interesting line of enquiry.

Would these CB's pick up calls from the Taxi depot to a taxi?

Imagine heading out such a distance in the 90s with a dead body in the car looking for a spot to place the body in the middle of the night. Looking in the dead of night for some where to dump a body. In the case of Ciara, if you leave the car on the road, the body would have to be dragged, or carried for greater than 50 metres from the road.
Talk about risk, risk of driving such complex distances to leave a body on the surface for inevitable discovery.

If Pippidinny rd was a popular place for campers, how come no vehicles were seen? A bricklayer spotted a dirty Ford Falcon Taxi at 4am in the morning which suggests the possibility of more than one vehicle. That the car may have driven off the bitumen. One cleared POI had access to a mechanical business, attached to a petrol station which would have had access to multiple vehicles in the dead of night. Thats an example, not implied actions.

There is nothing to say someone hadn't planned dumping positions, ready for their psychopathic serial killer tendencies. Judging by the attributes of the case, someone who read plenty on the subject in their early life.

Pippidinny rd 2002. A vehicle track heads down to a sandy patch.

ciara_place.jpg

I thought in the 90s taxis had two way radios, possibly with limited bandwidth, but nothing not attainable with a police scanner. Tow truck drivers often listened in for jobs. But someone could have access to a taxi or an old taxi two way radio.

The caller would leave their name with the taxi operator who would announce the taxi clients name over the two way radio. Whether that was applicable in 1996, I'm not sure.

I thought in the 90s taxis had two way radios, possibly with limited bandwidth, but nothing not attainable with a police scanner. Tow truck drivers often listened in for jobs. But someone could have access to a taxi or an old taxi two way radio.

The caller would leave their name with the taxi operator who would announce the taxi clients name over the two way radio. Whether that was applicable in 1996, I'm not sure.

This is why we need sub forums. The taxi dispatch has been explained in depth....

MODS; can you please allow us to create sub forums for such information and each POI.

thanks in advance

Imagine heading out such a distance in the 90s with a dead body in the car looking for a spot to place the body in the middle of the night.
Looking in the dead of night for some where to dump a body.
He most likely would have pre-determined the dump site. So he would have just had to drive straight to it, drop the body, drive away.

In the case of Ciara, if you leave the car on the road, the body would have to be dragged, or carried for greater than 50 metres from the road.
Talk about risk, risk of driving such complex distances to leave a body on the surface for inevitable discovery.
He most likely would have used the track. I haven't been to the site but an estimate would be 10-20m. CG was diminutive so wouldn't have been that hard a task.

If Pippidinny rd was a popular place for campers, how come no vehicles were seen?

1. While it's popular it's not as if it's St Georges Tce at peak hour. Any campers would have been down near the beach. Approximately 2km away.

2. It would have been early in the morning. Aside from campers being approx 2km away, they would have been asleep.

3. His car was most likely off the sealed road and on that track where he could dump the body without being seen. From where that track is he can see both ways if any cars are approaching in the night.

A bricklayer spotted a dirty Ford Falcon Taxi at 4am in the morning which suggests the possibility of more than one vehicle.

1. Unsure how you came to that conclusion from that information. Can you please explain?

2. The taxi driver swears black and blue it was a Sunday morning. CG was most likely dumped on a Saturday morning, Dates don't match. It's possible CG was dumped a day later than expected but I believe an entomologist would have worked out how long CG had been in that spot for. Body moving also possible.

That the car may have driven off the bitumen. One cleared POI had access to a mechanical business, attached to a petrol station which would have had access to multiple vehicles in the dead of night. Thats an example, not implied actions.
If the Commodore fibres info is correct;

1. I wonder how many taxis were the latest and just released model?
2. Even though LW had access to a mechanic shop, what are the chances a client has come in with a brand new car that's probably still under warranty? Slim to none.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow