Dr. Phil Interviews Burke Ramsey (9/12 & 9/13 2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think many people here are struggling with just what sort of person Burke was at age 9, and since some have experience with spectrum disorders, are positing that he's some form of autism, even if very high-functioning. It's hard to get your mind around the idea that a kid age 9 can be a sociopath or psychopath, so you try and find some way to explain his aberrant behavior. But now you throw in his recent interview with Dr. Phil, and he's actually that same 9 year old boy who said he was moving on with his life just 13 days after his sister was killed....who smiles and smiles while someone is asking him about her murder in the house where he was supposedly sleeping....who drops bread crumbs to the viewing audience with the same smirking grin on his face....No, AFAWK, he hasn't done anything since JonBenet's murder. But he hasn't needed to, either. Lots of murderers only kill once, or if they have more than one victim, these can be separated by years if not decades.

I'm tired of hearing excuses and explanations for this really repugnant person.
Amen! Even Dr. Phil states in his question and answer show in response to everyone speculating he did possibly have an issue like Aspergers. Dr. Phil was VERY blunt in the fact that he doesn't have any of those conditions. I would think if he did, his lawyer would have encouraged those diagnosis being revealed because people might be more understanding. However, if it was a deeper more dangerous diagnosis, the lawyers wouldn't want that released because then the viewers would have more of a reason to not like him. So in this case, I don't feel in my humble opinion that he had one of the spectrum issues. I think it was far more of a personality disorder with violent leanings. I agree that he's probably not committed another crime AFAWK that is. But that can always change. He's gotten away with it before and he seems to enjoy that knowledge. That is the reason he smiles imho.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

attachment.php

Yeah, that's the one. :gaah:

Thanks, interesting topic. Where would you draw the line between a narcissist and non violent psychopath? They share similar behaviors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Narcissist is an outdated psychological term. It still works but the labeling has changed. I don't know the history why.

They were on Youtube for a few days after they aired, but in a reduced size format, but now I can't seem to find them and I wonder if Dr. Phil got them pulled. you can search on Youtube though.

Thanks for that Heymom.....only able to retrieve snippits.....all good will keep on trying.

[video=youtube;HdL0IfQ5s5U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqt8Y1hR_johttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CoOBMIY8Qghttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdL0IfQ5s5U[/video]

Sorry, I didn't know that. I didn't watch them as I had already seen them aired on TV. I was just helping a fellow sleuther to find the videos.

A lot of times people will change the speed on uploads on YouTube for copyright reasons apparently. I have no TV or computer and just moved to a new town where I only know coworkers so I spend a lot of time watching stuff on YouTube.

Sorry, I didn't know that. I didn't watch them as I had already seen them aired on TV. I was just helping a fellow sleuther to find the videos.

It's OK, it doesn't change the content but I feel it does slightly alter the character of Burke's responses. There might be a setting on Youtube to slow down the playback, not sure. These are the ones I showed my husband and he got the same weird feeling about Burke that all of us have had, although he doesn't know the case as well as I do. He jokingly says CBS ought to have called me since I am the case encyclopedia.

Just watched Burke call attention to JonBenet's "droopy" eye while she was lying in her casket...makes me want to smack him sideways...RIP dear JonBenet!

How I wish his parents hadn't intervened and covered up his crime!

It's OK, it doesn't change the content but I feel it does slightly alter the character of Burke's responses. There might be a setting on Youtube to slow down the playback, not sure. These are the ones I showed my husband and he got the same weird feeling about Burke that all of us have had, although he doesn't know the case as well as I do. He jokingly says CBS ought to have called me since I am the case encyclopedia.

Just watched Burke call attention to JonBenet's "droopy" eye while she was lying in her casket...makes me want to smack him sideways...RIP dear JonBenet!
The droopy eye comment made me so mad I cussed at the TV. What kind of fool says something like that about his murdered sister. Even if his 9yr old self thought it, his 29 yr old self should have known better than to say it! [emoji35] he's still a dang brat.

I went back and found the exact quote- it is in the very last minute of the third episode with Dr. Phil. John Ramsey says, "They were great together. You know, JonBenet would knock over his Lego projects sometimes- Burke would just... (John smiles and shrugs, then pretends to put things back together with his hands) put them back together (laugh.)"

I'll see if I can find Burke mentioning the Lego set anywhere in the interview. He mentioned putting together a toy, and I may have assumed Lego as it was already on my mind, and then hearing it from John cemented it in my mind.

When an investigator asked Patsy if they ever fought, her one example had to do with Jonbenet knocking over his Legos. John uses the Legos as an example of how 'great' they got along. Patsy as her sole example of Jonbenet causing poor Burke to be 'unhappy'.

19 TOM HANEY: Okay. Did they ever
20 have any little squabbles, did they ever fight?
21 PATSY RAMSEY: Maybe she would
22 step on his Leg-O's, he would be unhappy.
23 TOM HANEY: But that was it?
24 PATSY RAMSEY: Or you know, no
25 violence (INAUDIBLE).
*1 TOM HANEY: He wouldn't chase after
*2 her, "JonBenet, I am going to " --
*3 PATSY RAMSEY: No way.
*4 TOM HANEY: No? That was as upset
*5 as he ever got?
*6 PATSY RAMSEY: Pretty much
*7 (INAUDIBLE).

http://www.acandyrose.com/1998BPD-Patsy-Interview-Complete.htm

The droopy eye comment made me so mad I cussed at the TV. What kind of fool says something like that about his murdered sister. Even if his 9yr old self thought it, his 29 yr old self should have known better than to say it! [emoji35] he's still a dang brat.

The kind of sick excuse for a human being who is happy his sister is dead...

Seeing my mother in her coffin was the most horrifying and scarring experience of my young life....I was 10....My sister was 13...She RAN from the funeral home in distress and grief...She cried because Mom was surrounded by flowers which she loved but would never see....It was awful.

Obviously Burke felt/experienced none of those normal emotions. "One of her eyes was droopy, that was weird..." Maybe because you nearly SPLIT her skull in half??? Maybe because she had an autopsy thanks to YOU?? *advertiser censored**HOLE!

Obviously Burke felt/experienced none of those normal emotions. "One of her eyes was droopy, that was weird..." Maybe because you nearly SPLIT her skull in half??? Maybe because she had an autopsy thanks to YOU?? *advertiser censored**HOLE!

Be one thing if he'd said it when he was a weird little kid but now he's a grown *advertiser censored* man who should know how making such a sick statement is going to come across to a world wide audience. He just doesn't care.

If Burke does sue CBS, he'll likely be shown these clips by the defense and asked if he finds the topic of his sister's death and her droopy eye amusing."You don't find it funny?" Grinning Burke - "Well, like, no, I guess not." "Then why were you smiling and giggling at Dr. Phil's questions? We need a verbal answer, sir, shrugging can't be picked up by the court reporter. Does the memory of the way your sister's eye looked in her coffin amuse you or not? "Well, no, I guess, I mean I'm just a real happy guy....."

Don't you dare settle, CBS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member