What's in this cellar room photo?

I can't remember when JR said it, but at some point he mentioned a "parking garage" - don't know what it was for or if JR was telling the truth.

I think the Lego monorail must have been for Burke's birthday about 2 weeks away. Don't know if it was already wrapped - I suspect not. Maybe if BR was down in the WC and JBR went down there to see what he was up to, she was going to tattle on him for seeing his birthday present(s)? We'll never know.

Heymom, yes I remember JR saying the same thing. IIRC he described it as a "parking garage than turned into a robot or visa versa". If you google Lego parking garage robot - you can probably find pics of such a thing, although I'm not sure if that particular toy was available Dec 96. Appeared to me to be a type of thing where the toy would park the cars in robotic fashion - like an automated parking deck. :)

First, I assume Burke also got some games to go with his N64. I think it came with Super Mario 64, but her probably got an additional game or two.

Hadn't heard the reference to the parking garage turning into a robot. This immediately reminded me of a Transformer my younger brother had called Metroplex though I'm not sure if a version of it was available at that time.

Boulder police interview
TT: Okay. (inaudible) Let’s go back to the 25[SUP]th[/SUP], sorry about that. Get home about nine, nine-fifteenish, Burke’s downstairs playing; do you remember what kind of toy that was?
JR: Oh, it was a little thing that kind of unfolded, and it was like car ramp or something and then it folded all back together and it made something else.
TT: Was it like (inaudible) . . .Was it like putting stickers on it?
JR: Well, it was a plastic thing he had to assemble and he had some stickers too, and uh, he was intent on getting it done before he went to bed, so . . .

First, I assume Burke also got some games to go with his N64. I think it came with Super Mario 64, but her probably got an additional game or two.

Hadn't heard the reference to the parking garage turning into a robot. This immediately reminded me of a Transformer my younger brother had called Metroplex though I'm not sure if a version of it was available at that time.

I think Metroplex was an 80's toy. It MIGHT have been revived in the mid-2000's when 80's kids (like me) wanted the stuff from their childhoods again.

Boulder police interview
TT: Okay. (inaudible) Let’s go back to the 25[SUP]th[/SUP], sorry about that. Get home about nine, nine-fifteenish, Burke’s downstairs playing; do you remember what kind of toy that was?
JR: Oh, it was a little thing that kind of unfolded, and it was like car ramp or something and then it folded all back together and it made something else.
TT: Was it like (inaudible) . . .Was it like putting stickers on it?
JR: Well, it was a plastic thing he had to assemble and he had some stickers too, and uh, he was intent on getting it done before he went to bed, so . . .

Thanks for finding this more detailed description. I've been trying to search though old catalogs online, but unfortunately the Sears Wishbook archive only goes up to 1992. The only robot-toy thing I could find was the "Power Rangers Deluxe Double Morphing Rescue Megazord" (what a long name) which is five vehicles that form a robot. Looks like it had some stickers, but no ramp. The Lego archives show lots of sets that could be thought of as garages, but nothing that turns into something else. The toy probably came from FAO Schwarz, and could even have been exclusive to them.

The closest thing to John's description I can find is a MICRO MACHINES set from 1995 called SUPER AUTO WORLD. It is a LITTLE, PLASTIC, GARAGE, with a RAMP, that FOLDS UP, and has STICKERS on it. A bit underwhelming as a clue if that is it. I'm still hung hung up on it being a Lego set (the one in the WC looks unopened, but he could have gotten another set on Christmas.) With both John and Patsy identifying Lego as the only thing in the world that may cause friction between the two kids, it seems too hard to dismiss.

The closest thing to John's description I can find is a MICRO MACHINES set from 1995 called SUPER AUTO WORLD. It is a LITTLE, PLASTIC, GARAGE, with a RAMP, that FOLDS UP, and has STICKERS on it. A bit underwhelming as a clue if that is it. I'm still hung hung up on it being a Lego set (the one in the WC looks unopened, but he could have gotten another set on Christmas.) With both John and Patsy identifying Lego as the only thing in the world that may cause friction between the two kids, it seems too hard to dismiss.

Refer to this thread; Chat Tonight During the A&E Special, post #92 by rojamom. Burke said he was playing with his micro machine, so I am guessing that could be what JR was talking about? Maybe he did help Burke work on that toy, which BR then took to his room. Or that's what BR went back downstairs for using the maglite?

I will have to go and dig up my daughter's Christmas Barbie from 1996, and see what it looks like. The doll in the photo looks like a "Holiday Barbie" to me.

Here is the 1996 Holiday Barbie...Look at the bottom of the dress in the photo...looks gold and crinkled...just like this one!!! And the color of the dress looks the same.....also looks like it is lying face UP to me. If you look closely you can make out the face of the doll.
100% think its this barbie in photo :clap::clap:

Did they ever identify what the piece of paper was, found on JB's body? Sticker, maybe?

Ha! I posted same doll on one of these here threads. I 100 percent agree!😁

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Did they ever identify what the piece of paper was, found on JB's body? Sticker, maybe?

I don't think I've ever heard of this. Where have you heard this referenced?

I have very vague recollections of hearing something like that. I'm curious. However it could be totally innocuous (like i think the "heart" on her hand is) they probably (both) originated from the arts and crafts JB had been doing all day.

I have read one of the flyers about the Ramsey open house of a previous Christmas was found in the same room as the body

Refer to this thread; Chat Tonight During the A&E Special, post #92 by rojamom. Burke said he was playing with his micro machine, so I am guessing that could be what JR was talking about? Maybe he did help Burke work on that toy, which BR then took to his room. Or that's what BR went back downstairs for using the maglite?

Thanks for mentioning this. I'm going to assume this is the set that was built on the floor Christmas night. Burke must have brought it up to his room. Odd that this toy is not mentioned on the list of gifts. And what was he going down for later as was mentioned on Dr Phil?

midwest mama.
Seems like JR is keen to make sure we all know BR was down in the basement that night, BR says on Dr Phil I went back downstairs, when asked about the pineapple he smirks and says Maybe of course Dr Phil lets that one slide by, but not so slickly that I didn't miss that segment had been setup up by Dr Phil, i.e. Here is the bit we discuss the basement, where he injects JR into the discussion, even placing the flashlight into JR's hands, mmm.

So there is definitely something linking BR to the basement that night, so much so, the R's want to excuse it away?

I'll watch the A&E special at the weekend, before that I'll take a look at the Amanda Knox Doc, cannot imagine learning anything new.

eerie eerie. Nope John must talk now. He had part in the whole thing and now burkey also knows a thing or two? really can someone please outsmart the 2 left?:scared::gaah::jail:

I appreciate and respect your opinion highly. However, allow me to offer this data. The item in question is not a doll. It has been proven, to my satisfaction, that it is from a piece from the Schwartz gift wrapping paper, torn away and slightly crumpled, probably from the corner of the torn package still on the shelf in the WC. Part of what is seen in the photo of the item is the red rocking horse printed on the wrapping paper.

If that research is not here then it is located at F4J or maybe even at acandyrose.

Ames 2010 post with photo
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...cellar-room-photo/page6&p=5667680#post5667680

We also believe that the Blacked Out Item is the knife that was found near the body; not a doll.

Excerpt from December 26, 1996 Search Warrant Page 9:

Fibers from area by victim (1KKY)
Fibers from winecellar (2KKY)
Avalanche sweatshirt covering body (4KKY)
Blanket covering body (5KKY)
Wire near body (7KKY)
Fibers from under body (8KKY)
(BLACKED OUT ITEM)
White blanket in wine cellar (11KKY)
Pink Barbie nightgown from wine cellar (12KKY)
Broken glass from wine cellar (13KKY)
Hair fibers from floor of wine cellar (14KKY)
- from acandyrose

You can see that it's just FAO Schwarz wrapping paper in this still from the recent Reelz "Overkill: The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet" Documentary

attachment.php

Attachments

• jbrcsp24.jpg
    jbrcsp24.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 688
Found this other image too while googling:

attachment.php

Attachments

• basement.jpg
    basement.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 603
Found this other image too while googling:

attachment.php

Zoriah, props for consistently posting good stuff. Your input is appreciated!

I for one am satisfied that one minor mystery is solved. It does indeed appear to be the wrapping paper. So nice to have a high quality photo, all the ones I've seen tend to be artifacts from the early internet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86