Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone seems to talk about SS being in an Eastern direction.

Is it possible that given there a line between the Claremont Hotel, JR and CG that she is also somewhere on this straight line? Would it have been checked?

We should maybe list all the significant points along this line

Sorry to be rehashing if already discussed. There is so much information in these threads, hard to identify suspects and lifestyle. I'd happy to try organise some of it. What about FIFO and no longer in the mining industry. Would Claremont be a good place to stay for FIFO say working at Rottest island?

Cheers. What about other illnesses? Mental or otherwise? Perhaps something debilitating could have taken the person out.

I'm no psych but does schizophrenia manifest itself in many different ways?
I'm also no expert but believe schizophrenia has a common symptom of delusion thereby making it almost impossible to make a string of organised and intelligent decisions. So for me psychosis is off the table. Other mental illnesses? Maybe a functioning amphetamine addict? I don't really know.

Everyone seems to talk about SS being in an Eastern direction.

Is it possible that given there a line between the Claremont Hotel, JR and CG that she is also somewhere on this straight line? Would it have been checked?

We should maybe list all the significant points along this line

Check map below. It's quite accurate but not perfect so if anyone has better skills than me, please repost.

The line does go through Lake Claremont but mainly the golf course. Maybe a more accurate map/line takes it through the Lake? On my map it does tip part of the lake (used to be about hole 4 from memory). It's not like he had a boat and could have dropped her in the middle so would have to be close to shore. Just check Google Maps. The whole thing looks dried up around there. I vaguely remember this end drying up into mud/sludge and recall kids trying to walk across it and end up being covered in mud.

We can probably rule out Lake Claremont but the line goes right through Bold Park.

Worth a walk through.

straight line from dump sites b.jpg

Here's a map with the line extended. Again, not precise because I don't have any CAD apps.

In my head when I considered why SS was never found I considered a number of scenarios and the one I favoured was he may have dumped SS further out and dumped the next two closer because he realised he needed more time so had to cut down on travel. In my head I was always imagining the Dwellingup area. The line passes no far from there.

straight line from dump sites c.jpg

Has anyone got any CAD software who can draw an accurate line through CG, Conti and JR and then extend in both North and South?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...k=5ed2fbda4f50cc96a45a1220cf8d261e-1476096397

Wow they actually wrote an article about this author and the coincidences with CSK case

Warner’s initial assumption was that they were following up on the disappearance of a girl in 1980 after she was at North Cottesloe Surf Club on the night his band played there. Her body was found but to this day the killer has never been found.

Who is the girl? I didn't know about this case.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...k=5ed2fbda4f50cc96a45a1220cf8d261e-1476096397

Wow they actually wrote an article about this author and the coincidences with CSK case

Warner’s initial assumption was that they were following up on the disappearance of a girl in 1980 after she was at North Cottesloe Surf Club on the night his band played there. Her body was found but to this day the killer has never been found.

Perhaps this is in reference to Kerryn Tate.
Last seen December 28, 1979. Body discovered December 30, 1979

http://missingandmurderedaustralia.blogspot.com.au/1979/12/kerryn-tate.html

Perhaps this is in reference to Kerryn Tate.
Last seen December 28, 1979. Body discovered December 30, 1979

http://missingandmurderedaustralia.blogspot.com.au/1979/12/kerryn-tate.html

Read the comments in the article, really interesting. Seems the police are trying to find familial DNA to link this case.

What I find most interesting is that WA police have been traveling far and wide over the last few years collecting DNA and have solved a few cases along the way. Do they think the CSK had more victims??

I'd never heard of this case, thanks for sharing guys.

Interesting. A few points;

- I think the research is wrong. If there was a girl missing and murdered from North Cott Surf Club in 1980 then I'd know about it. I lived a stone's throw from there in 1980.
- The approach to Dave Warner happened recently. Suggests Macro are still chasing down leads. Great to know.
- They asked for his DNA. My understanding is that from the start of this case they requested DNA from everyone who came on their radar. Could be standard procedure, could be they have DNA and are trying to find/eliminate everyone possible. They also ask for Noel Coward's DNA. Again, could be standard procedure, could be they have DNA and are eliminating suspects.

While it's a freak coincidence, the mere fact that they travelled to the eastern states to interview someone who you'd think is low priority, it suggests their still active and by extension could mean the CSK is not yet on their list. It sounds strange but this is probably a best case scenario. If it's someone on their list such as LW or MAP and they haven't been able to charge them yet they probably never will. If the CSK isn't on their list and they find him as a POI they may be able to build a case.

Hi

I've been lurking here for the last week or so and thought I'd join up.

Some of you are doing some great research!

The line I've plotted on google runs through the spectacles. I remember police searching that area a few years ago, I wonder that search was related to the CSK? (may have been for Iveta Mitchell). Also I remember reading a post a few years back suggesting that the "murder line" ran through the Annette Deverill dump site near Waroona. That would seem a little far fetched to me.

Just noticed that we are long overdue for a new thread here. Will get to that very shortly and post the link.

By the way, sometimes these threads can get people a little riled, so if anyone has received, or is receiving, any inappropriate messages, zap me a PM and we'll review the situation.

:wave:

And :welcome: to Psi and any other new members that I may have missed. Glad you are here to discuss the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361