TRIAL - Ross Harris #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like making a differentiation between the putrid smell of decomposition and the "smell of death". In an acutely ill person you can smell the smell of death while a person is still alive but the body has started the process of shutting down. Ask any nurse. After death there is an odor, the smell of death. It intensifies with time and I can only imagine with heat. Even if you've ever had a child with a high fever and they sweat profusely when it breaks, they stink. I can't imagine there was no odor in that car even if not the horrid odor of actual decomposition.

Interesting to me, the MSM reports have said the straps were at the lowest level. That is not correct. Was in slot next to the top Car Seat weight 22-30 poundsfrom Cooper autopsy report, he weighted 21# 5.4oz http://media.wix.com/ugd/943520_7cd46570b4a9474b9e36c87173e7a14d.pdf < page 6/18
Thank you. As you know, the car seat situation is a huge piece of the evidence for me. Given that Cooper was outside of the height range, I still don't understand why the straps weren't at the highest setting. I am eager to see information surrounding the car seat to be officially entered into evidence/testified about.

His defense team has been very good so far. However, the way they are crossing this witness comes across as IMO...petty? (I can't put my finger on the right word.) I feel so irritated. I always wonder how the jury is feeling.

They would not be very good, if they didn't! I think they will go really aggressively after this point. I'm just not sure they can convince a whole jury wouldn't have smelled anything at all. (But my personal feelings probably cloud that. I would hope a jury could be more impartial.)

I don't doubt there was an odor. There would be an odor if a human-being was shut up in that hot car for an hour. If nothing else, sweat would create an odor. However, Detective Stoddard referred to the odor as a smell of decomposition. I very strongly disagree with that.

Has anyone been able to find out how tall JRH is? I found the mugshot but no stats. I'm guessing he's at least 5'10". Ross has lost weight since his arrest.

I don't doubt there was an odor. There would be an odor if a human-being was shut up in that hot car for an hour. If nothing else, sweat would create an odor. However, Detective Stoddard referred to the odor as a smell of decomposition. I very strongly disagree with that.

I'm opened minded about that until I hear experts testify. I can see how you feel that way, though.

Hmm. This witness-- If he's a criminal investigator, why would he be called out 5 times more frequently to scenes of natural death and suicide than to crime scenes in which some one has been murdered?

(Testimony is related to his familiarity with the smell of decomp).

Hmm. If he's a criminal investigator, why would he be called out 5 times more frequently to scenes of natural death and suicide than to crime scenes in which some one has been murdered?

Because they have to assume foul play from the start or else they might miss important evidence. It's better to assume foul play and rule it out than to assume natural death and lose evidence.

Hmm. This witness-- If he's a criminal investigator, why would he be called out 5 times more frequently to scenes of natural death and suicide than to crime scenes in which some one has been murdered?

(Testimony is related to his familiarity with the smell of decomp).

They process scenes of both. Murder is way less frequent, than the others.

I'm not watching the live feed now. Is that something the defense brought up?

Hmm. If he's a criminal investigator, why would he be called out 5 times more frequently to scenes of natural death and suicide than to crime scenes in which some one has been murdered?

I think he said he was with the team that investigated accidental, undetermined and homicide deaths.
I remember because it made me think of the show "Dead Like Me", (I loved that show).

Anyway, not sure if it's the same all over, but where I live, if someone dies in the home, or basically anywhere outside of a hospital with a known illness, they investigate, I believe it's law. Sorry to just jump in, but I finally saw something I maybe knew the answer to!

Anyone else think it's odd the way he's being questioned about the stuff in the back of the car? What's up with that, is it relevant to Cooper's death?

Duffie Dixon 11AliveVerified account &#8207;@DuffieDixon 1m1 minute ago
#RossHarris Defense points out 2 officers who reported "smell of death" around the car and Cooper and didn't file a report for a year.

Veronica Waters &#8207;@MissVWaters 1m1 minute ago
Grimstead says in later convo with lead Det. Phil Stoddard, he recalled odor in #RossHarris SUV which he hadn't noted in report.

Veronica Waters &#8207;@MissVWaters 41s42 seconds ago
#RossHarris This is 2nd officer to say he didn't mention "death smell" in report 'til after talking w/lead detective a year later.

They process scenes of both. Murder is way less frequent, than the others.

I'm not watching the live feed now. Is that something the defense brought up?

Yes, they were asking him about how a scene might smell with an open wound, in a suicide, etc.

Yow. Staley openly yawning big yawns, stretching, and looking inattentive during this testimony. Not especially impressed with her courtroom demeanor.

I think he said he was with the team that investigated accidental, undetermined and homicide deaths.
I remember because it made me think of the show "Dead Like Me", (I loved that show).

Anyway, not sure if it's the same all over, but where I live, if someone dies in the home, or basically anywhere outside of a hospital with a known illness, they investigate, I believe it's law. Sorry to just jump in, but I finally saw something I maybe knew the answer to!

Anyone else think it's odd the way he's being questioned about the stuff in the back of the car? What's up with that, is it relevant to Cooper's death?

Also, the witness has had to explain several times now that photos with the tape measure were taken for scale and not for measurements. And now he's had to explain that a camera lens doesn't have peripheral vision. IMO the lawyer is hoping to saturate the jury so they forget about those 3 1/2 inches.

Hmm....If he's going to ask about photographs with a substitute/facsimile Cooper - will they be allowed to show the result - or did I miss something?

Which, imo, they would have noted, if not in the chaotic and awful minutes of seeing Cooper the baby's dead body and what came next, then afterwards, when each replayed that scene again and again in their minds, each time processing and remembering a few more details.

IMO there is little possibility that anyone who was within a few feet of that car, much less inside it, could possibly have not noticed the totally unique and extremely strong smell of decomp, even if they didn't know immediately what label to put on it.

This is one of the points I believe is most hinky about LE's account. (Expecting stones to be thrown here, but....) IMO the "smell of death" is a detail LE likely added after the fact to bolster their case of malice murder.

Accusing the State's LEO witnesses of lying about smelling an odor of death is a harsh charge. Did a bunch of Officers gather 'round the table and decide it would help their charges against Ross Harris if they lied by embellishing their testimony with faux facts AND then the Officers agreed to perjure themselves by repeating the faux facts in court?

Regardless, this homicide should not hinge on testimony of a peculiar smell or lack thereof.

Has it been discussed if this was JH' regular parking spot, and if he always backed in?

ETA: I can't seem to reply with quote anymore, it just doesn't work. Anyone else experiencing this.

Also, the witness has had to explain several times now that photos with the tape measure were taken for scale and not for measurements. And now he's had to explain that a camera lens doesn't have peripheral vision. IMO the lawyer is hoping to saturate the jury so they forget about those 3 1/2 inches.

I know they have to do this.

If they were successful in getting them to forget, they can't do anything about the pictures and video. Instant reminder.

Those pictures and video screw them, IMO.

Am I hearing correctly, that the measurements by LE of carseat to RH, and the dummy re- creation, etc, were all done AFTER LE adjusted the car seat? In other words, are distortions of how close and what RH was able to see, etc.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell