AL - Brian Ogle, 17, brutally beaten, Sylacauga, 30 Sep 2016 *Arrests*

There are many, including church leaders in the BLM group that are hateful. I've watched a pastor 'sic' her group on a young white man just wanting to go home and they wouldn't let him through the blockade. There are many examples of this that are easy to find online. So yes, many associated with the group are not only violent but hateful. Not all but many IMO.

By your logic then majority of Penn State faculty are rapists

There are many, including church leaders in the BLM group that are hateful. I've watched a pastor 'sic' her group on a young white man just wanting to go home and they wouldn't let him through the blockade. There are many examples of this that are easy to find online. So yes, many associated with the group are not only violent but hateful. Not all but many IMO.

First of all - do we know if Black Lives Matter has anything to do with this incident?

Second of all - please provide some links and proof of these accusations. TIA.

Many people who are critical of Black Lives Matter are ill- or misinformed. There is a lot of propaganda and hate out there.

While I do believe BLM can benefit from having a central leader or group of leaders to act as the face of the movement and show all the traits that they do want people to associate with BLM. Associating a few individual actions and purposely characterizing the movement as you do is condescending, patronizing and could possibly reflect any of your own prejudices but I dont know you well enough to say that, all I can say is from what I have seen typed.

Honestly does a group standing up for themselves using protests and available platforms to get acknowledgement of the discrimination that exists in this country make you uncomfortable enough to feel justified to characterize their fight for civil rights and equality as "bitter", "divisive", and dismiss their plight because you (assumingly) are privileged enough to not face what they do due to the color of your skin?

The end goal of the group is to bring attention to systematic racism that many men and women around the country experience. To end this negative connotation of black men and women that many wrongfully automatically have. To help society get pass these judgements and learn to treat everyone equally.

Again, I do not advocate violence and any person who does that in the name of BLM is on par with those who do disgusting acts while associated with islam, catholic church, NRA, political parties or any other group. They do not represent the group, and associating it as so id counter productive to any sort of progression we all hope.

I have family that are police and I believe both sides need to understand each other, respect each other and work together to make our communities, our societies better for all of all, all races, all ages.

Have you watched any of the live streams of the BLM protests? I have watched a lot of them, beginning with Ferguson. I have watched, with my own eyes, the aggressive, antagonistic, hateful chants that hundreds repeat, for days at a time.

People stand within inches of officer's faces and scream vile curse words at them , especially the black officers---they call them 'House Negros. Uncle Toms, ' Traitors. They get right in their faces and scream hateful insults at them. I have seen it done dozens of times. They scream ' Fock Da PohLEEce' over and over. How is that , in any way, a means to gain respect and equality?

My kids are both mixed race. I know quite a bit about race relations in our society. So please do not assume I am prejudiced. It is actually the opposite. It pains me to see young people of color, acting in this hateful, erratic way. To see them blocking intersections, and then jumping up on cars, screaming at random people, trying to scare them and bully them---it really works against what they say they want to do.

They say ' why do the police assume we are violent?' ---and then they go and set cars on fire and throw bricks through windows and throw bottles at the police. It makes no sense.

The attention they are bringing is negative attention. They say they want to end the automatic negative connotations of POC---they can do so like my kids did. By graduating from college, getting good jobs, raising their families, being positive role models for others. :cow:

JMO

Have you watched any of the live streams of the BLM protests? I have watched a lot of them, beginning with Ferguson. I have watched, with my own eyes, the aggressive, antagonistic, hateful chants that hundreds repeat, for days at a time.

People stand within inches of officer's faces and scream vile curse words at them , especially the black officers---they call them 'House Negros. Uncle Toms, ' Traitors. They get right in their faces and scream hateful insults at them. I have seen it done dozens of times. They scream ' Fock Da PohLEEce' over and over. How is that , in any way, a means to gain respect and equality?

My kids are both mixed race. I know quite a bit about race relations in our society. So please do not assume I am prejudiced. It is actually the opposite. It pains me to see young people of color, acting in this hateful, erratic way. To see them blocking intersections, and then jumping up on cars, screaming at random people, trying to scare them and bully them---it really works against what they say they want to do.

They say ' why do the police assume we are violent?' ---and then they go and set cars on fire and throw bricks through windows and throw bottles at the police. It makes no sense.

The attention they are bringing is negative attention. They say they want to end the automatic negative connotations of POC---they can do so like my kids did. By graduating from college, getting good jobs, raising their families, being positive role models for others. :cow:

JMO

And who could forget...

"What do we want?"
"DEAD COPS"
"When do we want it?"
"NOW"

While marching behind a BLM banner.

Hate is hate.

They look so normal. Going to college. One graduated from a Christian school.

They could have had a good life

Yeah for the most part they do...did notice one wearing marijuana pants and a picture of himself smoking on a rooftop of apartments, which surprises me because you would think going to a Christian college he would be careful about what he posts as a lot of time there are strict policies with these schools.

Nix is the son of Tiffany Nix, newly-elected councilwoman for Sylacauga, according to the Daily Home. She told the newspaper last week that parents need to be accountable for the actions of their children.

"If we’re upholding them in their wrongdoings, then we are as much to blame as they are," she told the paper. "Let’s lead by example, let’s be kind to one another, let's lend a hand to our neighbors no matter what color they are, let’s stand together and show our children that we love them enough to put our petty differences aside."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...ting-blue-lives-matter-teen-article-1.2827938

Nix is the son of Tiffany Nix, newly-elected councilwoman for Sylacauga, according to the Daily Home. She told the newspaper last week that parents need to be accountable for the actions of their children.

"If we’re upholding them in their wrongdoings, then we are as much to blame as they are," she told the paper. "Let’s lead by example, let’s be kind to one another, let's lend a hand to our neighbors no matter what color they are, let’s stand together and show our children that we love them enough to put our petty differences aside."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...ting-blue-lives-matter-teen-article-1.2827938

Yeah, let's see how much she walks back from this statement.
BLM...(MOO) when they made it about race they lost a lot of support. The way I see it, regardless of race, the police should not have the authority to take a life for not obeying commands. Take the guy in Tulsa (black), it has come out he was on PCP....so what? She didn't know he was on PCP, he was unarmed, she shot an unarmed man regardless of his color. If they same outrage was shown for every individual shot without cause, change would have occured already.The police academies need to change the way they train police officers.

I agree with Brian's mom. These chgs should be upgraded. This wasn't an assault, it was a beating. Brian may never regain everything he lost because of this attack.

And, one can say the exact same thing about "Blue Lives Matter". So, what's the answer?

And, one can say the exact same thing about "Blue Lives Matter". So, what's the answer?

First: Clean up the blue, implement some of BLM's ideas, charge and punish cops who kill.

And then... well there are entire books on what can be done. I couldn't begin to tackle poverty, equality, racism, etc., in a single comment here.

Yeah, let's see how much she walks back from this statement.
BLM...(MOO) when they made it about race they lost a lot of support. The way I see it, regardless of race, the police should not have the authority to take a life for not obeying commands. Take the guy in Tulsa (black), it has come out he was on PCP....so what? She didn't know he was on PCP, he was unarmed, she shot an unarmed man regardless of his color. If they same outrage was shown for every individual shot without cause, change would have occured already.The police academies need to change the way they train police officers.

Yes, Blue Lives Matter has either made a critical tactical error, or, an intentional provocation by pushing the racist rhetoric. The sincerity of their movement for LE support is tarnished by the ugly undercurrent of racism which is driving the message. It's now at a point where seemingly most departments are choosing to dig their heels in and continue to practice their race dependent brand of justice, versus upholding their tenet to protect and serve regardless of race. If nothing else, Black Lives Matter has exposed the issue and there's no getting the toothpaste back in the tube. As usual, the message and platform gets distorted and in some cases deliberately mischaracterized by those desperately wanting to hang onto the status quo in this country. As with other civil rights movements of the past, things will likely get much uglier before they get better.

First: Clean up the blue, implement some of BLM's ideas, charge and punish cops who kill.

And then... well there are entire books on what can be done. I couldn't begin to tackle poverty, equality, racism, etc., in a single comment here.

Yep. Don't forget housing segregation, voter suppression, on and on. It's absolutely overwhelming. But criminal justice reform, including LE policy and procedure would be an excellent place to start. There are so many people galvanized right now to help. We just need some brave, LE of integrity to stand for what is right. Much easier said than done, with the seemingly impenetrable "blue wall of silence" and a complicit union.

Yes, Blue Lives Matter has either made a critical tactical error, or, an intentional provocation by pushing the racist rhetoric. The sincerity of their movement for LE support is tarnished by the ugly undercurrent of racism which is driving the message. It's now at a point where seemingly most departments are choosing to dig their heels in and continue to practice their race dependent brand of justice, versus upholding their tenet to protect and serve regardless of race. If nothing else, Black Lives Matter has exposed the issue and there's no getting the toothpaste back in the tube. As usual, the message and platform gets distorted and in some cases deliberately mischaracterized by those desperately wanting to hang onto the status quo in this country. As with other civil rights movements of the past, things will likely get much uglier before they get better.

Well said!

Blue Lives Matter wouldn't have been created without Black Lives Matter, and while they (blue lm) are a harmful group at least it's bringing light to what's going on in LE nationwide.

IMO anyone supporting blue lives has no excuse for not understanding what they are. I don't condone in any way what happened in this case, but it's no surprise there's backlash.

If they feel threatened I agree things will get worse before they get better. And any real change will take years.

JMO

Black Lives Matter and Blue Lives Matter activists break bread in the name of unity

http://wgntv.com/2016/11/20/black-l...r-activists-break-bread-in-the-name-of-unity/

CHICAGO -- Faith leaders, activists, and Mount Greenwood community leaders met Sunday to try and come together after a controversial police shooting caused protests and conflict in the neighborhood.

It was billed as a pizza bread-breaking of peace between those who live in Mount Greenwood and those who came to protest after Joshua Beal was shot and killed earlier this month by an off-duty police officer. Police say Beal was holding and pointing a gun at the officer when he was shot.

Well said!

Blue Lives Matter wouldn't have been created without Black Lives Matter, and while they (blue lm) are a harmful group at least it's bringing light to what's going on in LE nationwide.

IMO anyone supporting blue lives has no excuse for not understanding what they are. I don't condone in any way what happened in this case, but it's no surprise there's backlash.

If they feel threatened I agree things will get worse before they get better. And any real change will take years.

JMO

Blue Lives Matter are a harmful group? :thinking:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow