TRIAL - Ross Harris #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
He sent links, information, etc. for detectives to investigate. His job is to find things that relate to key terms and send it to investigators.

He is not responsible for deciding if evidence supports a charge. He is responsible for extracting evidence that MAY RELATE to charge. He sent a report with the childfree links. That's it. He didn't investigate the links, interpret them, etc. Not his job. After he sends the report, he's not going to know what they do or don't do with the information. Or how the interpret it.

Ok - so at this point the ONLY thing he found relevant to the case is a visit to a "child free" subreddit. And either he didn't search for or didn't find any other item that might have evidentiary value in the case.

What I want to know is if your child is dead in your car, then why are you calling and spending 5 minutes on the phone with the day care???

He sent links, information, etc. for detectives to investigate. His job is to find things that relate to key terms and send it to investigators.

He is not responsible for deciding if evidence supports a charge. He is responsible for extracting evidence that MAY RELATE to charge. He sent a report with the childfree links. That's it. He didn't investigate the links, interpret them, etc. Not his job. After he sends the report, he's not going to know what they do or don't do with the information. Or how the interpret it.

Not finding it, does not mean it wasn't there. It means it was not found during the process he was tasked to do. He was not the only one looking at devices.

The point is, LE didn't provide him with the key terms one might expect would be relevant to their investigation, especially given the State used RH's alleged searches of some of those terms in a probable cause hearing to justify search warrants of RH's phone and computer.

Defense questions Yeagar about what he found on Harris' phone. He says he did not specifically look at Harris search history. The only thing he remembers looking at is all history relating to the word "child," which is where he found the childfree website. He says the terms "child death" did not come up anywhere in that search.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/ross-harr...the-ross-harris-hot-car-death-trial/457089519

Ok - so at this point the ONLY thing he found relevant to the case is a visit to a "child free" subreddit. And either he didn't search for or didn't find any other item that might have evidentiary value in the case.

It would appear that way. Their foundation to argue " child free" as intent seems to rest upon Ross Harris entering the search term "child free" once, then clicking on 4 posts within that subreddit, none of those posts, incidentally, having anything to do with children or actually, you know, expressions of a desire to be child free, much less the killing of children in order to free themselves.

The point is, LE didn't provide him with the key terms one might expect would be relevant to their investigation, especially given the State used RH's alleged searches of some of those terms in a probable cause hearing to justify search warrants of RH's phone and computer.

I get that.

They are asking him questions that have nothing to do with him. He doesn't know if there is evidence Leanna participated in criminal activity, that's not his job. He's not going to know what someone does with a report after he sends. He doesn't know if someone looks for information after he was done. He doesn't know how LE has interpreted information extracted. I feel like they were asking a lot of questions he can't answer, which is a frustrating diversion.

Yes, they need to ask these questions. But I wish they'd save it for the people who can actually provide an answer.

Imo. Cooper was 18 months old.

So Ross would know what its like to be child free .

Now if he wasn't a gigolo before. Then why would he think he could be a gigolo once killing his 18 month old son?

If anything. You kill the wife and take the government extra assistance for the son while getting other women that admires the single dad thing.

Jmo

Imo. Cooper was 18 months old.

So Ross would know what its like to be child free .

Now if he wasn't a gigolo before. Then why would he think he could be a gigolo once killing his 18 month old son?

If anything. You kill the wife and take the government extra assistance for the son while getting other women that admires the single dad thing.

Jmo

Cooper was 22 months old.

**I get what you are saying, though

He might have been trying to find free stuff for kids - like free travel or whatnot related to the cruise they were about to go on

I get that.

They are asking him questions that have nothing to do with him. He doesn't know if there is evidence Leanna participated in criminal activity, that's not his job. He's not going to know what someone does with a report after he sends. He doesn't know if someone looks for information after he was done. He doesn't know how LE has interpreted information extracted. I feel like they were asking a lot of questions he can't answer, which a frustrating diversion.

Yes, they need to ask these questions. But I wish they'd save it for the people who can actually provide an answer.

The questions have everything in the world to do with him. He is being asked about what LE instructed him to do, specifically, whether or not LE instructed him to look for the search terms LE used as a basis for obtaining a warrant to access RH's phone and computer, and others that would seem, frankly, to be fairly indispensable to making their case for murder.

No, he isn't responsible for the fact LE didn't ask him to look at RH's search history, other than for the single term "child." The DT isn't trying to make this guy look bad. They are laying the foundation for what imo is a very powerful case for reasonable doubt, based on LE's conduct throughout the case, from the initial scene forwards.

It was April 17th or 18th 2014. Will try to confirm date for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you verify that RH's one time search of "child-free" happened in mid- April, 2014, or about exactly 2 MONTHS before Cooper died?

So, given the dribble of info just presented about his online phone searches (that one search we know about was on his phone), RH searched child free once, read 4 unrelated posts on the forum, never returned to the forum, and didn't conduct a single search about child free again over those 2 months. Wow.

another reporter covering the case:

The state calls the next witness, Ray Yeager, previously employed with Cobb County police.

Yeager was previously employed with the Cobb police high-tech crime squad, which did forensic analysis of digital devices. His background includes extensive work both in IT and law enforcement. He is now retired and works as a part-time reserve officer.

Yeager says on June 19, 2014, he was assigned the task of analyzing the numerous digital devices that belonged to the Harrises.

Yeager describes how he analyzes the data on cellphones and computers, which take more time to examine because there is more memory space. Investigators use a program called Cellebrite to extract information from mobile devices.

As the various devices were brought to Yeager, they were cataloged. But before he could examine the device's contents, he must have a search warrant for each specific device.

Yeager said one of the last people Ross Harris communicated with was a contact in his cellphone named Angie Kay, or Dark Phoenix 1982.

Numerous devices were searched, including a laptop belonging to Leanna Harris. Yeager said he copied the entire hard drive, and the copy was used for analysis.

An external hard drive was the next device Yeager searched. He received the device July 8.

Yeager was given a work laptop belonging to Ross Harris on June 20. Five days later, he was unable to get a code from Home Depot to unencrypt the computer so he could access the data.

On June 26, Yeager found five URLs to the Reddit website, where the search included the phrase "childfree."

During cross-examination, Yeager says he probably didn't look at every file on each device due to the number of them. Two phones, a tablet, 4 laptops and other storage devices with a total of 1.5 terabytes were examined.

Yeager says he found no evidence that files were hidden or modified to avoid behind found on the electronic devices.

Yeager says there were 32 search warrants in the case, and he did not read through all of them.

Defense attorney Carlos Rodriguez tells Yeager his report to detectives didn't provide all of the videos from Ross Harris's phone.

http://www.ajc.com/news/minute-minute-updates-from-the-ross-harris-trial-oct/CyWpbMgfYdELtsejmUcTmI/

<snipped for space>

I can't imagine anyone thinking an awake Cooper explains RH's ignorance of him better than an asleep Cooper. It just doesn't. And, if one doesn't assume RH's guilt of malice murder, there is no other plausible scenario I can imagine for RH remaining clueless OTHER than that of Cooper drowsy, then asleep.

The other scenario is that Ross was so involved with the thoughts in his head that he tuned out everything, including but not limited to a babbling Cooper, around him.

I have a feeling the jury will spend a looooooong time arguing back and forth about the forgetting and Cooper asleep or not and could RH see Cooper from the front seat. All the same things we keep discussing here, because imo they are at the heart of all the charges against RH that relate to Cooper's death.

I don't anticipate the jury spending time talking about whether or not Cooper was awake. It's nothing more than speculation, and as a result, it is not evidence. I believe that the jury will find Ross guilty of felony murder in a fairly short period of time. If there is extensive conversation, it will be over the malice murder charge.

The other scenario is that Ross was so involved with the thoughts in his head that he tuned out everything, including but not limited to a babbling Cooper, around him.

I don't anticipate the jury spending time talking about whether or not Cooper was awake. It's nothing more than speculation, and as a result, it is not evidence. I believe that the jury will find Ross guilty of felony murder in a fairly short period of time. If there is extensive conversation, it will be over the malice murder charge.

LOL, Peach. If the two of us were on that jury we might well be responsible for getting it hung, after the other jurors gave up on trying to make all discussion of the relevance of sleep versus awake stop and cried uncle. :D

Glad it is Friday and will have time to catch up after missing the first half of trial. Hope it was informative! Came in and they are at a sidebar lol

I get the sense that the state is trying to hide something or misrepresent/spin the evidence. It seems like this witness is intentionally giving vague and circumspect answers - and the state's objections seem to be designed to keep the full facts from coming forward

What difference does it make if the car seat was a little too small for Cooper?

Defense says first extraction didn't pull information from the app Whisper so another extraction was done later to get that information.

Defense goes through a list of things Yaeger pulled from Leanna Harris' computer. They included invite lists to a baby shower, a letter to Ross, a sonogram of Cooper, images of Cooper among other files.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/ross-harr...the-ross-harris-hot-car-death-trial/457089519

---

Defense attorney argues that not all text messages between Ross and Leanna Harris were pulled during the initial investigation. Yeager said the software used to extract information has upgraded since the initial analysis of the phone's data.

http://www.ajc.com/news/minute-minute-updates-from-the-ross-harris-trial-oct/CyWpbMgfYdELtsejmUcTmI/

How many murderers would search murder or homicide? I'm thinking even the dumbest ones wouldn't?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie