GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #4 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t get it.

LE picked WA up while she was having lunch.

But it was also stated that she called Donna from the station at 7pm or so.

So did she sit in the police station for 5 hours while Dan was in the hospital?

So hubby is shot and barely alive but you have the patience for a 5hour interview?

Is this correct of the interview on the day of the murder?

It's correct...

https://www.google.com/amp/abcnews....-hearing-shooting-death-fsu/story?id=41677111

"I’m scared. I don’t know why this would happen,” Wendi Adelson told an investigator during a 2014 videotaped interview that spanned more than five hours.

I've seen over 8 hours in other articles.

I think LE just might have been a tad suspicious...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

It's correct...

https://www.google.com/amp/abcnews....-hearing-shooting-death-fsu/story?id=41677111

"I’m scared. I don’t know why this would happen,” Wendi Adelson told an investigator during a 2014 videotaped interview that spanned more than five hours.

I've seen over 8 hours in other articles.

I think LE just might have been a tad suspicious...

Dang. I would have been peed off and left to be with my kids after the first 20 minutes.

I guess she knew it was coming. Dang.

Being lady-like for 5hrs on the day of the murder is very telling. Jmo

Btw: I only mean to say that a person would immediately find out and go and get their kids and go to the hospital. So i don't understand why she voluntarily sat there all of those hours and sounding like Jodi Arias. She could have said that she needs to get her kids and will talk later on. Jmo

Tamara Demko, Markel's long-time friend, told investigators she drove to Adelson's house as soon as she heard the news and felt a strange tension when she saw Adelson's parents, whom she knew.

"There's just things that don't feel right to me," she told an investigator during a recorded interview the day after Markel was shot. "[Wendi Adelson] opened the door and she looked really calm. ...[Her mother] seemed appropriately upset, then her dad, who I've met a couple dozen times in Coral Springs and up here, he gave me this look. ... It was awkward and it never had been before. That really bothered me."

I always thought HA was out of the loop, maybe protected because of his illness, but now I wonder, could CA have confided in him? Maybe it's just paranoia on my part and Tamara Demko's too.

i'm not so sure the old man HA was out of the loop -

"On May 5, 2016, Charlie arrives at the Icon and they agree to meet at the pool area to discuss the text message. This time Harvey is present with Charlie and Donna as they huddle at a corner area for privacy. There is no oral intercept captured."

"CA told KM that he was talking to his parents about everything."

http://abovethelaw.com/2016/09/the-dan-markel-case-the-probable-cause-affidavit-for-charlie-adelson/

Hey gang. I know I can't link anything from Facebook. Most of you are aware CA and his current girlfriend June went to Cancun recently. I used to roll with a group of friends that included June way back in the day, and I'm Friends with her and a several of her friends on FB. Her and CA are definitely out and about regularly including traveling. Just interesting to me. CA is for the most part active on FB.

Mods please let me know if I should bite my tongue when it comes to discussing Facebook.

does anyone know if CA's Facebook is still active? i searched for it and could't find it.

i get the sense that CA is a wannabe tough guy.

i'm not so sure the old man HA was out of the loop -

"On May 5, 2016, Charlie arrives at the Icon and they agree to meet at the pool area to discuss the text message. This time Harvey is present with Charlie and Donna as they huddle at a corner area for privacy. There is no oral intercept captured."

"CA told KM that he was talking to his parents about everything."

http://abovethelaw.com/2016/09/the-dan-markel-case-the-probable-cause-affidavit-for-charlie-adelson/

I remember that now. The only thing when Tamara saw them and was bothered by HA's expression, it was early on, I believe right after the shooting. Maybe HA had an inkling it was his family or Charlie alone who did this.

In the interview excerpts provided thus far of WA being interviewed by TPD, WA doesn’t express concern about her kids until FORTY MINUTES after she is told about the shooting.
JUL 18 2014
LE clock time:
2:48 PM - WA is told “There was a shooting. . . .”
3:28 PM - WA says “I’m scared for the kids. . . and they’re at school right now. . .”

[video=youtube;JE_ZPziCyOY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE_ZPziCyOY[/video]

Charles: I heard the detectives questioned you today.

Wendi: Yep. For 5 long hours.

Charles: So what did you tell them.

Wendi: Oh nothing much. Only that you always talked about hiring a Hitman to have Dan killed and that Mom and Dad couldn't stand him.

Charlie: Wth. Please tell me you're joking.

Lol

I wonder who picked the kids up from daycare? She couldn't have been too worried about them.

I'm surprised she didn’t want to be there with them on the day they lost their father.

WA ex-BF JL attended September 2014 memorial for Dan at FSU:

FSU colleagues, friends, family remember Markel
7:48 a.m. EDT September 18, 2014
http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...-dan-markel-memorial-this-afternoon/15714145/
00:32 on video
photos 8 and 16 (of 26)

IMO Laccasse has to feel guilty for hearing out his girlfriend WA confide with him about her and her bro's plans to kill her ex and not reporting the plan before the crime to the police. So perhaps going to the memorial was his way to atone. other than the week of the murder, I don't think WA came to any of the memorials nor the funeral in Toronto and she didn't let Dan's kids go to any. I wonder if they even ever mention his name to the kids or trying to obliterate his memory.

IMO Laccasse has to feel guilty for hearing out his girlfriend WA confide with him about her and her bro's plans to kill her ex and not reporting the plan before the crime to the police. So perhaps going to the memorial was his way to atone. other than the week of the murder, I don't think WA came to any of the memorials nor the funeral in Toronto and she didn't let Dan's kids go to any. I wonder if they even ever mention his name to the kids or trying to obliterate his memory.

sheesh. too little, too late. JL could've maybe saved DM's life.

Agreed! Especially given that he is a trained social worker. He has a higher level of training and a higher legal duty to report intent to harm as a mental health provider. All, imo

Agreed! Especially given that he is a trained social worker. He has a higher level of training and a higher legal duty to report intent to harm as a mental health provider. All, imo

To be fair to him- sometimes 20/20 could take on a whole new meaning. A little distance and time can bring perspective. Also, perhaps he was taken with WA and was in denial about the possibility of taking anything she said seriously enough to report harm. MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

does anyone know if CA's Facebook is still active? i searched for it and could't find it.

i get the sense that CA is a wannabe tough guy.

A wanna-be Don Corleone....going around ordering all these "hits"!!! !!!!!!!

To be fair to him- sometimes 20/20 could take on a whole new meaning. A little distance and time can bring perspective. Also, perhaps he was taken with WA and was in denial about the possibility of taking anything she said seriously enough to report harm. MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree. He wanted the sex with Dans ditsy ex.

So he decided to let the pillow talk fly out the window.

So can we really blame him for turning a blind eye to a well off financially nice looking girlfriend that has a somewhat wealthy prominent family.

Especially since she probably seemed harmless.

A wanna-be Don Corleone....going around ordering all these "hits"!!! !!!!!!!

Agree. If Dan was beating Wendi; Then I could understand Charles better.

But Charles seems like he was in love with Wendi and the nice guy Dan had to pay.

Just like Cesare and Lucreztia Borgias.

A powerful family and the older brother is in love with the sister and wouldn't hesitate to kill her husbands or lovers.

Btw. They say the Borgias was similar to the Corleones.

Agree. If Dan was beating Wendi; Then I could understand Charles better.

But Charles seems like he was in love with Wendi and the nice guy Dan had to pay.

Just like Cesare and Lucreztia Borgias.

A powerful family and the older brother is in love with the sister and wouldn't hesitate to kill her husbands or lovers.

Btw. They say the Borgias was similar to the Corleones.

Brother-Sister Oedipus Complex?

I do think she was at the first memorial the one where her parents went to but left before meeting with LE.

Can anyone think of any reason why LR might want to " implicate " WA if the sighting ect. did not really happen?
Who would those comments benefit, and in what way?

What might the defense say about those statements in court, other than words of a criminal cannot be trusted, perhaps true, but still, why would he lie?

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2016/10/12/wendi-adelsons-attorney-questions-riveras-credibility/91942986/
Wendi Adelson’s attorney is questioning the credibility of a statement prosecutors say could implicate her in the murder-for-hire plot of her ex-husband Dan Markel. In a statement to police, Luis Rivera – one of two men charged in Markel’s July 2014 shooting – said he and Sigfredo Garcia drove by Adelson near Markel’s Trescott Drive home the day before the murder.
However, her attorney, John Lauro said Rivera’s statement was based on information he had no way to corroborate. “Rivera is hardly a credible witness, and as everyone in this investigation recognizes, he has no personal knowledge about the statements he made concerning Wendi,” Lauro said. “All of his alleged information is second or third hand and none of it has been corroborated during the investigation.”

Can anyone think of any reason why LR might want to " implicate " WA if the sighting ect. did not really happen? Who would those comments benefit, and in what way? What might the defense say about those statements in court, besides the words of a criminal cannot be trusted, which does ring true, but still, why would he lie? http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...orney-questions-riveras-credibility/91942986/

I agree. There are many reasons why I found Rivera's testimony credible, this being one of them. There is really no benefit to him falsely implicating WA. His plea deal was established - 19 yrs, concurrent, for truthful testimony. Mainly, the state needed him to confirm that he and Garcia were indeed hired, that Garcia was the shooter, and that Magbanua was the conduit. He wasn't needed or expected to implicate the family. He knew so little about who hired them, and he has obviously been oblivious to the media coverage. I just don't see how or why he would have made the Wendi sighting up. If anything, I think there is a small chance he or Garcia could have been mistaken. But I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname