Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
theres obviously still plenty of interest in the case , I wonder how active the investigation is , and how many detectives are still working on the case , it must still have a few members working on it

Stanbury moved on maybe 12 months ago. As far is I can tell he was quite active in chasing down every lead available.My gut feeling is he exhausted all avenues and came to a dead end - either they are more sure they know who it is but don't have the evidence so are at a stalemate, or they have no suspects and the case is as dead as a door nail. But it would seem odd that they have DNA and the case is dead.

Thanks for the response
It would be ironic if they were testing for DNA but had none to test against
how long was stanbury in charge ?
So who is head of the viper macro now?
On a side note is the post a solo owner or part of a brand/franchise affair ?

It would be ironic if they were testing for DNA but had none to test against
Standard procedure in case DNA becomes available through technology advancements.

They definitely didn't have DNA when they tested thousands of taxi drivers.

They have been testing of late. Noel Coward was asked to provide DNA a few years back and the guy who wrote that book was tested approximately 2 years ago.

how long was stanbury in charge ?
"More than seven years"

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wa/a/29709275/top-cop-taken-off-cold-case/#page1

I believe he started just prior to the 2008 CIA doco and finished up in October last year. It's hard to see from the outside but it seems he had a red hot go at it.

The article opines that taking Stanbury off the case is an indication the case is dead and will be scaled down.
So who is head of the viper macro now?
No idea. Anyone know. It's been part of SCS (Special Crime Squad) for some years now. Macro was disbanded many years ago. Macro was 100% dedicated to CSK while SCS wasn't.

On a side note is the post a solo owner or part of a brand/franchise affair ?
Started, owned and edited by Bret Christian.

There's a few brands of this paper and the same goes for the post.
news corp own a western suburbs paper as well must be very competitive .
I wonder if they sub contract work between journalists ?

“I recently attended a talk about the psychological profile of the Claremont Serial Killer at Murdoch University, where the criminologist said someone from the SAS or armed forces would have the balls, stealth, strength and skills to carry it off,” Nadal said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/2016/01/15/the-claremont-killings-one-of-australias-greatest-unsolved-cri/

this journalist networks well doesn't she , so much conjecture around killings , why ?

I wonder what new story is going to be presented to the masses to quell and reassure them of productivity !

There's a few brands of this paper and the same goes for the post.
news corp own a western suburbs paper as well must be very competitive .
I wonder if they sub contract work between journalists ?
Unsure what the News Corp local rag is but The Post is definitely independent and can't imagine BC sharing his stories. When I was a kid one of these syndicated local papers tried to get a piece of the action but it just couldn't compete with The Post's local knowledge and loyalty. The Post delivers to western suburbs readers what syndicated papers can't. It's got a real local feel that the others can't replicate.

I would beg to differ on that one, I've come up against exclusive brethren and the likes before , I understand how net worked some industry's and groups are .

I would beg to differ on that one, I've come up against exclusive brethren and the likes before , I understand how net worked some industry's and groups are .

I'm sure journalists in Perth are well networked. I'm sure there is a lot of sub-contracting going on. Of course there are freelance journos who sell stories to multiple agencies. But we're talking about a niche local paper here. Most of the content is local interest and I wouldn't think there is too much cross over. BC has carved out his little niche and built a very strong little niche paper.

So Australias most expensive case , just lands in his lap and he's the administrator of all new leads that come about ? And Those leads that present are filtered out threw him and they are nationally recognised in main stream media ?

So Australias most expensive case , just lands in his lap and he's the administrator of all new leads that come about ? And Those leads that present are filtered out threw him and they are nationally recognised in main stream media ?
Seems that way.

I'm sure BC treads this thread, if so - please get us some new info!

So Australias most expensive case , just lands in his lap and he's the administrator of all new leads that come about ?
It seems that way. Here's a few theories as to why;

1. He has a source who wants to leak information but only through him.
2. Macro want the info out there but don't want to be seen to be delivering so they chose BC to publish it in order to distance themselves. Why they chose BC when he's know to have differences with WAPOL, I don't know. Maybe they felt his paper is local and best suited? Maybe they trust him more than the big dogs?
3. Macro are running an operation using false information to try and lure out a suspect. The Post being local was the obvious choice.

And Those leads that present are filtered out threw him and they are nationally recognised in main stream media ?
I don't think they're readily recognised as such. A lot of them made it clear their story was based on BC's claims. Over time, such claims will be conveniently considered as legit if they need it to back up the angle of their story.

So it's anyone's guess as to why BC seems to be the only person with new info that has come fro a leak one way or another.

I don't think he gets given info I just believe he re calibrates what he reads online to suit his newspaper

What are bc's differences with wapol, barthmelous
I don't know to be exact but my understanding is it's a trying experience being a journalist and having a relationship with WAPOL. Liam Bartlett wrote a piece where he said if you didn't agree with them every single time or provided an alternate view, then you get cut off. My understanding is he's (BC) had a few disagreements and sometimes his relationship is testy over the years. Cannot really vouch for accuracy on that though.

I don't think he gets given info I just believe he re calibrates what he reads online to suit his newspaper
I'd be very surprised if this was the case. He's not a tabloid trying to increase market share. He owns a boutique suburbs newspaper that is very popular. The Western Suburbs is the only place I've ever lived where most people actually read the local rag. He's got the market and his paper exudes trust and community. I doubt he'd be just making stuff up. Maybe Macro have fed him incorrect info. Maybe he's in on an operation. Maybe his info is correct.

I don't believe he's in on anything maybe a co conspirator , or as stated just plays the online regurgitator

Let's be frank here you kind of try to make the western suburbs sound glamorous , where I live the western suburbs are slums , bulk housing from a major builder , base price 300k turned into rentals , pockets of rich areas congregating , every one fighting on the freeway etc people get shot weekly the housing resembles Rockingham in the mid 90s
my grand parents had a house on Hilary's and as far as I can remember , there house was on par for what's built here now in the west
the picture a few of you try to paint isn't accurate in my opinion

I don't believe he's in on anything maybe a co conspirator , or as stated just plays the online regurgitator

Let's be frank here you kind of try to make the western suburbs sound glamorous , where I live the western suburbs are slums , bulk housing from a major builder , base price 300k turned into rentals , pockets of rich areas congregating , every one fighting on the freeway etc people get shot weekly the housing resembles Rockingham in the mid 90s
my grand parents had a house on Hilary's and as far as I can remember , there house was on par for what's built here now in the west
the picture a few of you try to paint isn't accurate in my opinion
Do you mind saying where you live?

Have you ever driven around Peppermint Grove? No shortage of houses worth over $10m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288