OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hanna, 19, had packed up her older daughter... and sent her off with her dad for the weekend about 10:30 p.m. that night."

Does this stick out to anyone else?

Maybe it was just a rumor, but I thought I read somewhere that Frankie's ex dropped off his son and stayed to visit until around that same time.

I'm wondering if the killer(s) watched this and went in after the child was gone. Could HR and Jr have been killed before Dana returned home? Maybe HR was killed first and left in bed to appear asleep. Then, junior heard gunshots and went to see about her. A fight ensues and Jr is killed and placed in his bed to appear as if he was sleeping. Maybe killer(s) remained in the home until DR returned. She gets home and peeps into the bedrooms and sees them asleep. Then maybe she did what many of us do when we return home from work. Eat and check email and social media. Killer(s) startle her or wait until she's getting ready for bed and then attack her. I'm thinking this scenario would have been the easiest to have killed those in DRs home.

If this were the case... which home did they move onto next and why?

Yes, I noticed. that too. Probably a. Coincidence, maybe had to do with work schedules..Things with this case ARE so screwy I don't know what matters and what doesn't anymore! We may never know.

"Hanna, 19, had packed up her older daughter... and sent her off with her dad for the weekend about 10:30 p.m. that night."

Does this stick out to anyone else?

Maybe it was just a rumor, but I thought I read somewhere that Frankie's ex dropped off his son and stayed to visit until around that same time.

I'm wondering if the killer(s) watched this and went in after the child was gone. Could HR and Jr have been killed before Dana returned home? Maybe HR was killed first and left in bed to appear asleep. Then, junior heard gunshots and went to see about her. A fight ensues and Jr is killed and placed in his bed to appear as if he was sleeping. Maybe killer(s) remained in the home until DR returned. She gets home and peeps into the bedrooms and sees them asleep. Then maybe she did what many of us do when we return home from work. Eat and check email and social media. Killer(s) startle her or wait until she's getting ready for bed and then attack her. I'm thinking this scenario would have been the easiest to have killed those in DRs home.

If this were the case... which home did they move onto next and why?
The article states that CRSr helped GR get and stay clean from drugs and alcohol more than once. This tells me that CRSr probably did not have the stuff around...how you gonna help someone get away from something if you have it around..I wonder.
Now CRSr took the most shots, he's the main target...but he don't mess with weed apparently.
Were there other reasons for him to be primary target? He sounds like just a regular guy.
I do wonder if the whomever, held something against him that someone else did, in their mind,,he was responsible.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

The article states that CRSr helped GR get and stay clean from drugs and alcohol more than once. This tells me that CRSr probably did not have the stuff around...how you gonna help someone get away from something if you have it around..I wonder.
Now CRSr took the most shots, he's the main target...but he don't mess with weed apparently.
Were there other reasons for him to be primary target? He sounds like just a regular guy.
I do wonder if the whomever, held something against him that someone else did, in their mind,,he was responsible.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

I was wondering along similar lines. I wonder if, in helping GR 'stay clean', he may have angered someone or insulted them or gotten them in trouble? He might have told someone aggressively, to stay away from his family and that might have set someone off and triggered revenge?
It is kind of the height of hypocrisy, to slam others for selling or using, while having one's own family be in the grow business, right?

There's been a lot of coincidences. Maybe they are just every day, random, coincidences but, b/c of it being four homes,and eight people, each one sticks out and they seem to be more than what they are (if that makes sense).

This was on a Thursday night. I find it more odd b/c most folks have to work on Friday and kids have to go to school.

FR's toddler came to spend the night since his mom had to work. (So HHG had probably agreed to babysit.)
HR's eldest daughter went to stay w/her father, Jake. (I'm guessing he was either off work on Friday, or had a sitter lined up.)
DS was supposed to stay the night w/KR and get up to work on cars early the next morning, but didn't. (KR must have been off work that next day.)
Kendra was supposed to spend the night w/HR (took a last minute babysitting job instead).
Meranda G. was supposed to spend the night w/HHG (but just drove on by and went home instead).

DR worked overtime, placing her home closer to midnight.
Based on DR's work schedule we know she was still alive near midnight.
We know that FR and HHG were alive at 10:30 p.m.
We know that JW picked up his daughter at around 10:00pm so HR was alive then.
DS never said what time he left KR's trailer. So we don't know what time he was last seen alive.
We don't know the last people who saw CR1, GR, or CR2 alive, nor what time.

It's not really of any help. I've just been thinking and typing it out.

There's been a lot of coincidences. Maybe they are just every day, random, coincidences but, b/c of it being four homes,and eight people, each one sticks out and they seem to be more than what they are (if that makes sense).

This was on a Thursday night. I find it more odd b/c most folks have to work on Friday and kids have to go to school.

FR's toddler came to spend the night since his mom had to work. (So HHG had probably agreed to babysit.)
HR's eldest daughter went to stay w/her father, Jake. (I'm guessing he was either off work on Friday, or had a sitter lined up.)
DS was supposed to stay the night w/KR and get up to work on cars early the next morning, but didn't. (KR must have been off work that next day.)
Kendra was supposed to spend the night w/HR (took a last minute babysitting job instead).
Meranda G. was supposed to spend the night w/HHG (but just drove on by and went home instead).

DS never said what time he left KR's trailer. So we don't know what time he was last seen alive.

Edit: Sorry! Not only do I have the days wrong I was looking at the wrong week. I was away and heard about this the next week and somehow got confused thinking it happened the day I got back. Probably stuck in my mind thinking it happened when I heard about it.

Oops. Nevermind.

JW was a truck driver so he probably didn't have a normal Monday to Friday, 8 to 5 schedule. On his fundraising page, he said he was looking new employment with better hours to be with their daughter now that she was living with him full time.

Is there anything that is not strange or unusual about this case?

Sheriff: Killers in Pike County massacre are likely locals
Authorities give new details to the I-Team

PIKETON, Ohio -- It wasn't a Mexican drug cartel. The killers weren't from another country.

The people who wiped out eight members of a family in Pike County last April are locals.

At least, that's the theory Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader is leaning toward.

"That's my belief," he said.

Police said they found marijuana at all of the crime scenes except Dana Rhoden's house. Reader said some of the victims were selling it.

You can sign up for 30 days free to read more but it does say you can watch it tonight at 6pm on 9 on your side. WCPO

http://www.wcpo.com/longform/pike-c...lers-in-rhoden-family-homicides-may-be-locals

I'm reading some positive possible information elsewhere about what Reader & Dewine have to say about possible suspects. Talk but no arrests it appears. Can't verify it though as it was on the local news at WCPO and someone repeated it who watched.

I'll be watching tonight.

Sheriff: Killers in Pike County massacre are likely locals
Authorities give new details to the I-Team

Too bad a person can't finish the story without sharing all their personal info; or buying a lame "membership". I miss the days when media made $ from ads, not viewers/listeners. I'm not local so I can't watch it tonight either. Hopefully it ends up on youtube soon.

Has anyone found it to be either true, or untrue, that GR was married twice? (Sorry if this is against TOS.)

Reader believes it's locals from Pike or vicinity. Interesting, he said it wasn't because of a couple little grows. Dana's house didn't have a pot grow. Police are patroling the warehouse hourly and even Reader goes by it.

Dewine said they have analyzed each victim and crime scene. Insinuating the murderers were probably watching tonight.

Not much. Not sure if there's more coming up or not?

http://www.wcpo.com/longform/pike-c...lers-in-rhoden-family-homicides-may-be-locals

Reader said on that interview, it wasn't the pot, or a couple stolen cars they had, it was something much bigger than that.

LM said they also came and took DNA from him and his family.

The biggest take I get from this, I don't recall ever hearing it mentioned before today, LM says [FONT=&quot]"Whoever did this had to know the dog, had to know where the security system was," he said.

We have been told of cameras taken but correct me if I am wrong but a security system would be separate from cameras, separate area?
IMO if that is the case they had to be darn close with the families....I think LE knows the WHO, its the need to spin it all together.

[/FONT]

I thought about that after reading the article as well. It seems that several family members just barely avoided becoming victims themselves by a sudden change of plans. It feels Final Destination-ish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member