Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for saying this, LozDa! :loveyou:

This is somewhat O/T, and I hesitate to share this lest someone decide I deserve to be chucked off a balcony, but I have BPD.

Let them at me. I'll stand alongside you and fight all day long. Ignorance is a choice, not an excuse. xx

To de-escalate? Or to use as proof of it happening?

I'm going to assume the first part of your comment is a question, because otherwise it's quite a rude presumption of my experiences. The answer is that I do have experience of a number of hostile situations that required de-escalating. Not once did I get my phone out and record to 'de-escalate'.

I have recorded conversations to de-escalate situations. I occasionally get belligerent clients in my office who start making threats. Sometimes I have pulled out my phone, placed it on the table, started recording and said "carry on with what you were saying". The client always stops the carry on at that point.

The thing is, what's the point of providing answers? I have provided answers and for each I've received a 'not good enough' response, even when giving reference of my own experience!

So... *sipz tea with Bohemian*
Um, but you took the time to offer THAT opinion, which is at the very same risk of being labelled.

The reluctance to question one's own beliefs is also considered a narcissistic behaviour.

The answer is quite obvious, because no, quite clearly, simply telling someone that they are acting funny, paranoid, etc., doesn't mean it's meant to control anyone.

Simply copy/pasting things from a psych site, doesn't mean it's remotely accurate, or relevant to the discussion. If you're going to post it, please have the courage to explain in detail how it applies.

Please don't patronise me and treat me as if I do not know what reasonable restraint is. It is not nice being talked down to.

1. I, too, would like to know your position. Instead of being confrontational, perhaps you could oblige by stating it clearly? We have all stated our positions, ad nauseam, for you.

2. Have you heard the entire recording?

Maybe stop and take a breathe.
I have stated many analyses, and my position is quite clear. There is no confrontational approach.

If someone becomes defensive about their position being questioned, or if they are asked to clarify, I cannot help that. It is up to that person to re-evaluate, or educate the person questioning.

The situation escalated to what it was. Analyze the lead up all you want. They were grown adults, both choosing to stay in that situation, until it turned physical.

At that point, neither had planned to be there, nor had Glasl's list at the ready to de-escalate the situation using the proper tact and tactics.

He could not have planned, nor reasonably expected her to crawl over the rail.

Every single person here, if physically attacked, would do the first thing that came to mind to stop it.

I would predict anyone who is angry and leveling violence at me would at the very least become enraged at being locked away without their stuff and unable to leave. Now add that you just choked them, theyvare drunk and alone and unable to call anyone they know, I would expect them to be very frightened.

Oh okay. Well it's completely off topic, but to teach you something new, the safest way to handle true paranoia is to call an acute mental health team or the intake line.
That doesn't work. The patient simply tells the professional that the loved one is overreacting. You cannot force someone into an evaluation, or even make them talk to the professional.

I have stated many analyses, and my position is quite clear. There is no confrontational approach.

If someone becomes defensive about their position being questioned, or if they are asked to clarify, I cannot help that. It is up to that person to re-evaluate, or educate the person questioning.

Take a breathe. Confrontational is exactly what it appears to be, to more than just me.

Back to discussing the case for me. :seeya:

I actually enjoy the opposing viewpoints. I feel it's similar to what the jury are talking about.

It depends if they are reasonable discussions. Otherwise I only click, read and reply to other posts when I want to humour myself. They make the time taken on a long trip pass by very quickly. I must say I'm starting to receive quizzical looks and smiles from fellow commuters when I break into laughter.

And I'm stating this.

There were 2 doors. The main door and balcony door.

Now if you are throwing someone out of your house.

Wouldn't you throw them out the main door and not the balcony.

I don't have any issues with opposing viewpoints either. I don't think any of us do. Most of us like a bit of debating. :)

It is the manner in which the viewpoints are stated that sometimes is offensive. Especially when I feel that I am being talked down to.
The operative word being "feel" like you are being talked down to. You are not being talked down to.

I teach self defence. By asking how the restraint works in reality during an unplanned conflict, I'm asking you to put yourself into the reality if the situation, and possibly come to the realization yourself that it is not as easy as saying he could have easily restrained her.

It is discussion through participation. It is healthy debate, and an exchange of ideas and experiences.

And I'm stating this.

There were 2 doors. The main door and balcony door.

Now if you are throwing someone out of your house.

Wouldn't you throw them out the main door and not the balcony.

The problem that Tostee had with this is .... Warriena may have gone to the police. He was up on serious high range dangerous drunk driving charges at the time. Charges that he was later jailed for.

Still doesn't mean he should not have done the right thing. Not at all. I feel that he could have avoided Warriena going to the police by being a nice guy and assisting her to her hotel.

But I think ALL he was thinking about was his self preservation.

The operative word being "feel" like you are being talked down to. You are not being talked down to.

I teach self defence. By asking how the restraint works in reality during an unplanned conflict, I'm asking you to put yourself into the reality if the situation, and possibly come to the realization yourself that it is not as easy as saying he could have easily restrained her.

It is discussion through participation. It is healthy debate, and an exchange of ideas and experiences.

Now you are sounding a little more reasonable. Other than the first two sentences. Thank you.

With respect, telling someone that what they are feeling is incorrect, or telling someone you know better and if they just 'put themselves into the reality of the situation' they will have a different view, or telling them what debate is... That is exactly what being talked down to is.

With respect, telling someone that what they are feeling is incorrect, or telling someone you know better and if they just 'put themselves into the reality of the situation' they will have a different view, or telling them what debate is... That is exactly what being talked down to is.

Yes it is. Thank you. :)

And your opinion of the charges and outcome-to-be is ....?

Murder, manslaughter, not guilty, undecided?
This cannot be considered a murder. This cannot act as a precedent setting case, lest we are all held to that standard, where you are held responsible for someone else's actions and choices unfairly, or without question when reasonable question exists.

Ideally, everyone learns from this and becomes more careful and educated when it comes to relationships, sex, drinking and a whole host of other social activities.

Ideally, he never forgives himself, expresses an honest, and heartfelt indication that somehow he gets it, and that he honestly takes responsibility for being so stupid and naive leading up to what was an unpredictable, but possibly preventable in some manner, unfortunate progression of events.

It's sex. You don't get to say no and not want to continue. Even if you plea for the person to let you leave.

Is this what you are saying.

It's the need for power and control, Dex. With tragic consequences for Warriena.

Can someone tell me where I can listen to the entire recording of the events of that night?

You do realize that he laughed at her minor attempt to get away and told her that it doesn't hurt and he will beat her like a man.

But you still seem to think that he was powerless.

Now the poor girl tried her best to flea. And I'm sure that some of Ted Bundys victims have tried as well.

But you should realize that these monsters want their victims to fight back while they stand there and laugh.

Jmo.

He was provoking this and preying on her will to live and leave.

But he didn't want to let up. Because he obviously didn't want her to have the chance to leave.

This was a pure cat and mouse situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks