Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleeping With the Enemy for all the movie buffs.

My first thought this afternoon. Someone will definitely pay for the first interview!

Of course they will. And people will watch it. If for no other reason than to hear his lies again.

I read somewhere on MSM today that he'd told his friends (he has friends?) that he will have to leave the Gold Coast. He just can't live there now. If I see him in my town, I'll let you all know!

I would think so too. He is a public figure now. Yes he can run but i don't know about the hide? Lots of people very angry with the verdict today.

Good Lord EldeFruit.....Are you STILL HERE.....I thought you quoted "THE END" hours ago.

You have put more time & effort into this thread "than all the rest of us put together"
Aren't you feeling a little weary yet ?:bedtime:.......:pillowfight:.....:eek:fftobed:.....:pillowfight2:.....:bedtime:

That is just not correct, Makara. There is no evidence he did that, and the Jury's verdict flies in the face of that scenario.

Don't tell me it is not correct! It is my opinion and I believe it. I couldn't give a stuff about the evidence. We are NOT in a courtroom now FFS. The trial is over, done, dusted. I'll voice my opinion and I don't need your input.

Do you think there is any fact not already known to them? Do you not think the Police have kept them fully informed of everything they had? Do you think they want to go through the same process all over again? I use the term 'useless' because it will not discover anything not already known.

Then there would be no coronial inquests ever if that was the case. No, i do not believe the police know everything. They gathered enough evidence to charge GT with murder and he was found not guilty. There is more to her death than just that.

I don't care what they had to go through, this is the process, this is part of their job. A coronial inquest is obligatory.

Remember, you're not an expert, you were not in court.

I would think so too. He is a public figure now. Yes he can run but i don't know about the hide? Lots of people very angry with the verdict today.

Hide among the alpaca.
Poor alpaca.

Elde Fruit, the family stated after the verdict to leave them in peace. Your comments are so disrespectful. There is no such thing as a 'useless Coronial Inquest'. In Queensland a Coronial Inquest HAS to determine the cause of death. Are you trying to bait everyone here? If so, this is not the forum for it. Take your anger to the media and leave WS to what it does best (and what it is for). Get over it and get a life.

It's not me asking for an Inquest and seeking any further lack of peace for them. That comment was made by a disappointed Police Officer almost immediately after the verdict and in the presence of the Family. I have made no comment which is disrespectful of anyone. In fact, the reverse is the case. An Inquest exposes them to the glare of further publicity and it will not break any new ground.

Then there would be no coronial inquests ever if that was the case. No, i do not believe the police know everything. They gathered enough evidence to charge GT with murder and he was found not guilty. There is more to her death than just that.

I don't care what they had to go through, this is the process, this is part of their job. A coronial inquest is obligatory.

Exactly.

Good Lord EldeFruit.....Are you STILL HERE.....I thought you quoted "THE END" hours ago.

You have put more time & effort into this thread "than all the rest of us put together"
Aren't you feeling a little weary yet ?:bedtime:.......:pillowfight:.....:eek:fftobed:.....:pillowfight2:.....:bedtime:

You too are confusing me with someone else.

I read somewhere on MSM today that he'd told his friends (he has friends?) that he will have to leave the Gold Coast. He just can't live there now. If I see him in my town, I'll let you all know!

I've been out and about tonight in SP and word has it that women are off tinder and other such sites forever. I do hope he leaves the Gold Coast as he is well known around Surfers Paradise as a serial pest, and aside from this sad case, he is not liked nor welcomed here.

I don't know if there are any verified lawyers on here. I tried to get verified about 18 months ago but never heard back from WS.

Maybe you could remind one of the moderators about it?

I've been out and about tonight in SP and word has it that women are off tinder and other such sites forever. I do hope he leaves the Gold Coast as he is well known around Surfers Paradise as a serial pest, and aside from this sad case, he is not liked nor welcomed here.

Good to know. And good that young women are seeing the danger that can lurk on some of those sites.

Who knows what valuable stuff could come out of a coronial inquest. Maybe the coroner will end up making recommendations for balcony safety. Like making it harder to climb over a balcony railing. Who knows!

Maybe you could remind one of the moderators about it?

IT doesn't seem worth it. Most of my posts trying to analyse the evidence have been deleted. I have been blocked by several members who joyfully announce it as they do it. I get the impression that most members aren't really interested in the legal aspects of the case.

It is the Police who present all the evidence to a Coroner at an Inquest. An Inquest reveals nothing not already known to investigating Police. Is it reasonable to expect that some rock has been left unturned in this case?

I'm not sure that is correct, but I'll happily bow to your expertise.

Totally true, and I've never claimed otherwise.

Who knows what valuable stuff could come out of a coronial inquest. Maybe the coroner will end up making recommendations for balcony safety. Like making it harder to climb over a balcony railing. Who knows!

That's a very good point. But I understand the cynical comments of the original commenter on the Coronial referral. The police were trying to make it sound like the Coroner could somehow change the verdict.

Good to know. And good that young women are seeing the danger that can lurk on some of those sites.

But it's not the answer either. Our young gen's (tech kids) are using Tinder, Happ'n and whatever is hot at the moment to meet people. Even PokemonGo has been used to meet people.

Our laws should protect people, regardless if they meet up via an app/ at a bar or at church/ Uni. That includes if they visit another's home/ car or balcony.

Legal system failure as far as I'm concerned & I can see it being an issue again in the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member