Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bohemian..

I enjoyed tremendously that website you posted, re creepy.....

this part particularly resonated, it could actually apply here on this thread.....

'don’t come at other people with intent that ignores their agency. Don’t have preconceived notions of how you would like an encounter with another person to go, because it assumes they owe you a favorable response. Don’t blame the other person if they don’t follow your ideal script, because it is your fault for dehumanizing people by assigning them a role without their permission or input. Sometimes it doesn’t “go the way you want it to” but why would you really get to decide for someone else how they should react to you?'

Thanks asac. Yes, I know why they do not allow it. But in case after case after case we see repetitive behaviour in front of the court, again. (Adrian Bayley is the first example that pops into my mind.)
How many chances do these dangerous losers get? Very, very frustrating.

So he served 2 years for his first 3 rounds of convictions for rape/attempted rapes/abductions. Ugh. Seems like it's more a sentencing issue...

Bohemian..

this part particularly resonated, it could actually apply here on this thread.....

'don’t come at other people with intent that ignores their agency. Don’t have preconceived notions of how you would like an encounter with another person to go, because it assumes they owe you a favorable response. Don’t blame the other person if they don’t follow your ideal script, because it is your fault for dehumanizing people by assigning them a role without their permission or input. Sometimes it doesn’t “go the way you want it to” but why would you really get to decide for someone else how they should react to you?'
Meh.

Feet up? Is that what I'm supposed to say, or "give it a break"? Or was that last bit you posted 'beating a dead horse'?

I'm not as good at this stuff as the rest of you.

So he served 2 years for his first 3 rounds of convictions for rape/attempted rapes/abductions. Ugh. Seems like it's more a sentencing issue...

Yes, and a parole issue too. We rely on the judiciary and the parole board to get it right. When they continue to get it wrong, so many people pay the price.
Especially in repetitive child sexual assault cases and escalating rape cases. imo

That's why I wonder sometimes if relevant priors may be better revealed to the jury, despite the obvious drawback that presumptions may be drawn. Perhaps there is a way that those presumptions can be minimised? Don't know.

Meh.

Feet up? Is that what I'm supposed to say, or "give it a break"? Or was that last bit you posted 'beating a dead horse'?

I'm not as good at this stuff as the rest of you.

Trooper was speaking about Tostee, I believe.

Bohemian..

^
That's about Tostee???

" this part particularly resonated, it could actually apply here on this thread....."

This ought to be a good read. Explain how that quoted post is about Tostee... lol.

Some theorized that he did something menacingly behind the glass to force her over the edge. Notice how she wasn't saying, "Get away from me".

Some theorized that she was in total fear for her life. Notice how when the witness tells her she can't come down that way, she doesn't reply, "He's trying to kill me".

Some theorized she was scared of what he might do next. Notice how when the witness tells her not to come down that way, she doesn't say, "He's going to kill me".

I want to go home.

Many have theorized she may have felt "imprisoned" on that balcony. It is equally plausible that being tossed on that balcony after being intimate, would make one feel "rejected".

Abandoned.

Humiliated.

So you think she climbed off due to the huge amount of humiliation and sense of abandonment from a one night stand? Not buying it.

Perhaps in her frenzy she didn't hear the neighbor since she didn't respond? And I'm sure the thoughts of many imprisoned people are "I want to go home"...could you imagine being choked and then trapped at the home of some guy you met on a dating app? That would be terrifying. And she clearly had no issue of being frightful earlier, saying whatever she wanted...but then, suddenly, after being choked, she is terrified. If she was truly prone to violence she would have been attacking the glass door, threatening to throw furniture off...but she wasn't. Instead she only showed great fear. Something he did, unseen by anyone but WW, caused her to become fearful.

No comment. Wat do you think? *starts AVI recording*
I posted the picture assuming the link would show up in the quote. It didn't.

Someone pointed it out, so I posted the link, and explained why it wasn't there.

Then, I wrote my post about her being humiliated on the balcony.

So because there were a few minutes between posts, and an understandable quote error, somehow, the TOS no longer apply?

That's what is going through my head. What's going through yours?

[h=1]Rachel Smalley: No doubt Tostee was the perpetrator of Wright's fear[/h]

At best, Tostee was a social misfit. But the more we understand about his personality, the more he seems to fit the bill of a classic narcissist. He couldn't sustain a relationship. He lacked empathy. His focus was chiefly on himself, and his needs.

And ultimately now a young woman is dead. What killed her? Fear. She was, I think, frightened to her death.
But sadly that is not a crime in the eyes of the law.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/opinion/news/article.cfm?c_id=466&objectid=11733254

^
That's about Tostee???

" this part particularly resonated, it could actually apply here on this thread....."

This ought to be a good read. Explain how that quoted post is about Tostee... lol.

:tantrum:<<<---- If one of these is planned , could you take it elsewhere?.. it is now my breaktime and another one of those is just not acceptable.

^
That's about Tostee???

Oh yes, also note in that post about "Tostee", that there was no link to the site quoted. So where is the ridicule?

Who thinks that tostee was posting on this thread ? There was a vibe coming from those posts a week or so back mostly from frost but strange how there was a new id guest each night

sent from a tiny cheap gadget

Who thinks that tostee was posting on this thread ? There was a vibe coming from those posts a week or so back mostly from frost but strange how there was a new id guest each night

It crossed my tiny hysterical woman brain a few times in between folding laundry and scrubbing dishes.

:tantrum:<<<---- If one of these is planned , could you take it elsewhere?.. it is now my breaktime and another one of those is just not acceptable.
What tantrum? I'm asking for your fine advice on how this works. I'm not talking down to anyone, mansplaining, or any other negative label.

Someone makes a snarky post, so I politely ask why.

Someone piles on to that post, so I ask for some clarity.

Someone defends a post, so I ask for a connection.

Rather than a baby tantrum, this is how a mature individual communicates.

Oh got it dogface , back to the washing up ...

I posted the picture assuming the link would show up in the quote. It didn't.

Someone pointed it out, so I posted the link, and explained why it wasn't there.

Then, I wrote my post about her being humiliated on the balcony.

So because there were a few minutes between posts, and an understandable quote error, somehow, the TOS no longer apply?

That's what is going through my head. What's going through yours?

Interesting. Why do you want to know wut's 'going through my head'? Hmmm... tell me more.

So you think she climbed off due to the huge amount of humiliation and sense of abandonment from a one night stand? Not buying it.

Perhaps in her frenzy she didn't hear the neighbor since she didn't respond? And I'm sure the thoughts of many imprisoned people are "I want to go home"...could you imagine being choked and then trapped at the home of some guy you met on a dating app? That would be terrifying. And she clearly had no issue of being frightful earlier, saying whatever she wanted...but then, suddenly, after being choked, she is terrified. If she was truly prone to violence she would have been attacking the glass door, threatening to throw furniture off...but she wasn't. Instead she only showed great fear. Something he did, unseen by anyone but WW, caused her to become fearful.
Unfortunately, we don't know her relationship history, or how she deals with abandonment.

We do know she recently climbed Q1, and skydived. It's not unreasonable to think she was confident at heights, and utterly humiliated in front of what was a growing crowd. Add some serious alcohol, and the mental and physical limitations it creates, and yes, he may have caused her to go over the edge, but by unintentionally triggering something other than fear for her life.

^
That's about Tostee???

This thread is about Warriena, and Tostee.

"..... why would you really get to decide for someone else how they should react to you"

Isn't that what Tostee, and his lawyers, said/implied? Definitely what his brahs said. How were they to know that Warriena would try to flee from his control and imprisonment? Despite the numerous accounts of balcony climbs and falls at the Gold Coast. Why didn't she just sit down and wait for him to release her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member