Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's your reaction.

What's the reaction of someone with a history of abandonment?

I'm not saying that's the case here, but we don't know. Every indication from the tape is that when she is confronted, her reaction is to push back, not flee.

Probably a good idea to stick to the known facts about Warriena. The mods have already said that there are NO reports of any difficulties Warriena had mentally. That it is not to be discussed. I believe that would include hypothetical 'abandonment' issues ... or any other hypothetical mental issue that can be dreamed up.

That's your reaction.

I'm not saying that's the case here, but we don't know. Every indication from the tape is that when she is confronted, her reaction is to push back, not flee.

I don't know Warriena's reaction to abandonment, but we know yours.. ... maybe we know Gabe's too.. It was when she said she was leaving then he got murderous with rage... as men do when they are being left. .

That's your reaction.

Because she was fighting for her life i would imagine!

The problem with speculating is no one knows exactly what happened in that apartment that night. It seems like GT had plenty of dating experience what was it 150 conquests? in a year or something? What about the previous girl that he frightened that he was a real creeper and fled from him and deleted her SM? GT is not right in his head IMO.
It is the exact same "speculation" to say she was terrified for her life out there.

Somehow, everyone equates a physical altercation = automatic terror. It doesn't.

They were just intimate. He's rejecting her. Her hitting him may be acting out in anger to that rejection. For reasons unknown, she was already hitting him at least a half hour previous to the final confrontation.

If she's lashing out in anger, and he's defending himself as presented, then dumping her out on the balcony and walking away only escalates that anger and abandonment.

This is why one must not only read the post, but the post that is quoted.

It is also important to read all the posts, and not "ignore" people, because you miss important things.

Ive never missed anything important on the posters I have on ignore.. that's WHY I have them on ignore..

She was screaming BEFORE the door closed. Remember that.

I could well imagine when he was bringing her to the balcony, that the thought crossed her mind he may be taking her there, to chuck her off the balcony.

But when he let's her go, likely facing her as he closes the door, turns his back, and walks away... that is the turning point where what she is thinking and feeling becomes truly unknown.

They were just intimate. He just manhandled her. He tossed her outside like a dog, or like garbage.

I want to go home.

You can read 'terror' into it, but you can also read 'completely crushed'.

She was still locked in his place! She wasn't abandoned! He didn't push her out the front door with her stuff and lock it behind her. She said she wanted to leave, but he said no. How does being trapped in someone's house ever translate into abandonment and humiliation so great you climb off a balcony???

BBM... no evidence whatsoever of this peculiar and patronising claim. and utterly humiliated in front of what was a growing crowd is a complete fantasy, a product of a mind set on victim bashing as a way of compensating for the failures of the perpetrator, of whom much is self identified by the claimant. ..

Gabe has a long police record. Warriena has no such thing, either in NZ or in Australia, and in contrast to Tostee has a long public record of highly admired public service, something Tostee will never attain

the time for sinking the boot in to Warriena is long, long past . If people do not realise this, It is a measure of their capacity to walk among their fellow humans with any degree of dignity and validity.
It's not a fabrication.

There was at least 2 witnesses, on at least 2 different balconies.

Nor is it victim bashing. It is empathizing with a victim, putting myself in her place, and feeling what it feels like to be locked out on a balcony after being intimate with that person.

It is the exact same "speculation" to say she was terrified for her life out there.

Somehow, everyone equates a physical altercation = automatic terror. It doesn't.

They were just intimate. He's rejecting her. Her hitting him may be acting out in anger to that rejection. For reasons unknown, she was already hitting him at least a half hour previous to the final confrontation.

If she's lashing out in anger, and he's defending himself as presented, then dumping her out on the balcony and walking away only escalates that anger and abandonment.

Of course. I keep forgetting that Warriena was screaming in terror because she was not scared to death.

Tostee is a known creeper. How does that play into your scenario?

I think this poster claiming to know that Warriena was crushed, humiliated, is merely trolling for the sake of it, wallowing in the death of a woman he knows nothing about, but perhaps Warriena encapsulates all the women who have not admired the poster as he thinks women should, therefore, their fate in plunging off a balcony is fair. To be commended...

It takes victim bashing to a whole new level, one I don't wish to be associated with, under any circumstances.

She was still locked in his place! She wasn't abandoned! He didn't push her out the front door with her stuff and lock it behind her. She said she wanted to leave, but he said no. How does being trapped in someone's house ever translate into abandonment and humiliation so great you climb off a balcony???

Seems that we're reaching big today. Not sure why. :no:

Is this taken from personal experience cause I'm not following. It isn't fair to dissect Warriena's words while she was clinging for dear life. OTH, Tostee, who hammed it up for the recording, made out he was being pummeled to death! I know who I believe, no matter the verdict. JMO
Come on.

What if she actually said, "He's trying to kill me." and I put forward "It isn't fair to dissect Warriena's words while she was clinging for dear life."

Oh the ridicule. I suspect you would counter that of course she is screaming what she means! She can't think about it. She's 14 floors up.

It's not a fabrication.

Nor is it victim bashing. It is empathizing with a victim, putting myself in her place, and feeling what it feels like to be locked out on a balcony after being intimate with that person.

I think this poster claiming to know that Warriena was crushed, humiliated, is merely trolling for the sake of it, wallowing in the death of a woman he knows nothing about, but perhaps Warriena encapsulates all the women who have not admired the poster as he thinks women should, therefore, their fate in plunging off a balcony is fair. To be commended...

It takes victim bashing to a whole new level, one I don't wish to be associated with, under any circumstances.

It's not a fabrication.

I haven't seen one thing that proves that WW was aware of them, unless I missed it.

Come on.

What if she actually said, "He's trying to kill me." and I put forward "It isn't fair to dissect Warriena's words while she was clinging for dear life."

Oh the ridicule. I suspect you would counter that of course she is screaming what she means! She can't think about it. She's 14 floors up.

But she didn't say that, did she? Nor did she stand there and whimper because she felt 'abandoned' and 'humiliated'. Within less than 50 seconds after being choked and terrified, she was laying on the concrete below.
What is the point of all these hypotheticals, CleverKnot?

Is this taken from personal experience cause I'm not following. It isn't fair to dissect Warriena's words while she was clinging for dear life. OTH, Tostee, who hammed it up for the recording, made out he was being pummeled to death! I know who I believe, no matter the verdict. JMO
From experience?

Yes.

I have seen many women triggered to physical violence or worse because of rejection or the threat of abandonment... sometimes even the perception of abandonment.

I had written a lengthy post about DBT Therapy that was either lost or deleted. It happens in reality. It really does.

I think as all of us who have been on here for a while and followed Trials know that an acquittal doesn't mean Innocent, so there is that.

But she didn't say that, did she? Nor did she stand there and whimper because she was abandoned and humiliated. Within less than 50 seconds after being choked she was laying on the concrete below.
What is the point of all these hypotheticals, CleverKnot?

the point couldn't be more obvious.. its a kind of ultra identification with Gabe, in having the opportunity and power to discard women off a 14th floor balcony which the poster is immersing himself in as in a kind of sexual fantasy, borne out of a mind that is stuck in a perpetual rut.

only a person who had suffered identically could think up this scenario.. Someone who had been so crushed by rejection and dismissal, and was so furious at the nerve of anyone considering this . Someone who just wants to victim bash and bash and bash, even though the woman is dead. Horribly, terrifyingly, devastatingly, it isn't enough. No.. it is proposed, now that she dead and voiceless that she was humiliated by some fantasy crowd, 'crushed' by some dangerous yob dragging one out on to a balcony 14 floors up.. . Crushed., Crushed is what happened to her body when she struck the concrete pavement, it isn't what she had emotionally , lets have SOME reality.. at least SOME.
That's over the top. Really. You wax on about her dignity, then end it with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288