Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if the Mods will be closing this Thread soon, now that the Trial is over & there really isn't much to talk about anymore.....Just seems a waste of time & effort to be rehashing stuff ??.. :thinking:

In my experience, the threads rarely get closed permanently. Other things come up in the future, and we hunt down the old thread and add to it. People see a new post has been added and come and join in.

The only one I can recall having seen be closed permanently was little Eeva Dorendahl's thread, which became very contentious and would go nowhere further due to the circumstances.

Besides, there is a possible coronial inquest coming up in this case. There may yet be more to come.

Don't forget his side of the story too. Bidding starts at 100K

I guess that will be one very sad way to pay the massive lawyer fees, or repay the parents for the massive lawyer fees.

I guess that will be one very sad way to pay the massive lawyer fees, or repay the parents for the massive lawyer fees.
Tostee's story has to be relevant to the advertisers. I just can't think of an appropriate outlet. Maybe one of those 18 plus magazines that they sell in servos. Like "Me and my *advertiser censored*".

Tostee's story has to be relevant to the advertisers. I just can't think of an appropriate outlet. Maybe one of those 18 plus magazines that they sell in servos. Like "Me and my *advertiser censored*".

ha
It's a huge get': Gable Tostee could receive up to $200k to tell his story - amid rumours 60 Minutes and Sunday Night could fight it out for the story

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-set-tell-story-TV-200-000.html#ixzz4NoP6e6GF

They wouldn't would they?:rumor:

It's fine for me, but I did see a sticky up the top a day or 2 ago that said not to worry if the forum looks different for some members and something about there being a bit over a thousand users that they need to change over to using something, technical, might have been vBulletin or something.

I looked but can't find the sticky now.

Page 25 is 50 shades of messed up for me. Is it fine for others?

Good luck to them positioning it. Most hated man in Australia apparently

It is too early for me to do any math, is .28 percent more intoxicated than .156 or is it 6 times less intoxicated due to decimal point?

Vandersloot!!! That's IT.
Been reminded of something all the way along and couldn't quite bring it to mind. Eric Thomas/Gable Tostee is a form of Vandersloot.
South African connection by way of Mauritius, for the Tostees. But the sloot thing, that's totally a South African slang.
It's exactly who I thought of!
Remember the guy that befriended him? Caught him on tape boasting about Natalie Holloway while they were sitting in a car?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Some of the best, most moving comments have been made since the verdict came through!

At this point I would highly recommend a book: What Is Karma? written by the legendary esoterist Paul Brunton.
An excerpt---
"Once you really take the law of consequences to heart, you will not willingly or knowingly injure another person. And this is so primarily because you will not want to injure yourself. You have to see the consequences not only of an action but also of an attitude or an outlook....The worst physical karma is created by murder. There the penalty is inescapable, however delayed. ...

It's exactly who I thought of!
Remember the guy that befriended him? Caught him on tape boasting about Natalie Holloway while they were sitting in a car?

Aaahhh yes there was that piece of evidence. Very frustrating case for LE, they knew they had their man.

Some of the best, most moving comments have been made since the verdict came through!

At this point I would highly recommend a book: What Is Karma? written by the legendary esoterist Paul Brunton.
An excerpt---
"Once you really take the law of consequences to heart, you will not willingly or knowingly injure another person. And this is so primarily because you will not want to injure yourself. You have to see the consequences not only of an action but also of an attitude or an outlook....The worst physical karma is created by murder. There the penalty is inescapable, however delayed. ...

Yes, and i think that goes along with the golden rule, to do unto others as you want done to you. I have read many spiritually orientated books, and i don't necessarily go along with the concept of karma because i don't really think karma is what we think it is as a lot of books on the subject are misleading IMO. I don't feel there is reincarnation and karma relies heavily on that concept in most meanings of it. To me karma in that sense is a cruel concept, because to be reincarnated and punished for something in this life that we have no memory of in a past life just seems absurd, and doesn't ring true. If we are being punished we have to know what it is for. But yes, to murder another human being is to destroy ourselves, if we consider that everything we do to others we really ultimately only do to ourselves in that sense. And btw the book sounds interesting.

Just wondering if the Mods will be closing this Thread soon, now that the Trial is over & there really isn't much to talk about anymore.....Just seems a waste of time & effort to be rehashing stuff ??.. :thinking:

That's the beauty of an internet forum; a topic can be *closed* for us, anytime we decide it's a waste of our time and effort and stop visiting it. We don't get to decide that for others though, so the topic stays open.

I know some here have said it stays open, but I'm not so sure. I see that the Amanda Knox threads are locked, I've also seen others. I'm guessing since he was found not guilty that if we continue along certain veins...that maybe this will get locked eventually. Not sure though, just my opinion
☺

'Above everything else that emerged from the xxxxx xxxxxx trial in the past weeks, one fact should be singled out: the death of Warriena Wright on August 7, 2014 was a tragedy. Her friends and family have lost one of their own and the horror of reliving that in court is unimaginable.

But there is a pool of other information that has been grouped together in a murky mass and displayed on social media and by news outlets both here and in New Zealand, Wright’s home country.

She was “drunk”, he was a “playboy” and they were both using Tinder to hook up.

It was a salacious cocktail and the events of their short time together made irresistible news fodder.

The case, in which xxxxxx was acquitted of both murder and manslaughter after Wright fell to her death from his balcony, has attracted attention and drawn social censure around both parties’ willingness to meet up for a night of no strings sex.'

'A night of consensual, casual sex is simply commonplace, as old as humanity itself.

And moralising about Wright’s death is irrelevant. No night out, casual sex or not, should ever end with the loss of a young person’s life.

Rest in peace, Warriena Wright.
'

Source: xxxxx xxxxxx trial: Casual sex is not a crime

I heard she was three times the legal limit? It seems like she was almost twice the legal limit but just under if .08 is considered the legal limit.

Parts of the audio file is able to be clearly understood but much of it is not audible with my speakers full volume, is this the case for most everyone?

TIA

I heard she was three times the legal limit? It seems like she was almost twice the legal limit but just under if .08 is considered the legal limit.

Parts of the audio file is able to be clearly understood but much of it is not audible with my speakers full volume, is this the case for most everyone?

TIA

.05 is the general legal limit here.

Open licence holders Below 0.05 (general alcohol limit)
https://www.qld.gov.au/transport/safety/road-safety/drink-driving/blood-alcohol/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado