Trial - Ross Harris #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=twitter;791619477418938368]https://twitter.com/DuffieDixon/status/791619477418938368[/video]

and then the judge will hear the reasoning about new scan from the state's witness but it needs to be very very brief...wish she would impose those kind of restrictions on breaks and lunch...just saying. I am hoping he is held very accountable for the death of cooper but if I were on the defense team I would really feel a strong prejudice.

I remember that lots of peeps thought it was outrageous and unfair and just a DT tactic when Staley granted the change in venue. Truth is, it is virtually certain that a guilty verdict on any count (s) would have been overturned on appeal had she not. Changing venue wasn't even a close call, and Staley knew it.

Appellate courts give the benefit of the doubt, if you will, to decisions made by trial judges, but only up to a point. Staley isn't allowed to misinterpret or misstate the law, and she isn't allowed to make mistakes about the facts of the case. If she does any of that, she chances having any verdict vacated on appeal.

The bottom line is that it is in everyone's best interest for RH to have the fair trial the US Constitution guarantees him as a fundamental right, tedious and aggravating as the process of trial often seems to be, especially to trial watchers far removed from actual court.

Duffie Dixon 11AliveVerified account ‏@DuffieDixon 10m10 minutes ago
#rossharris SUV parked outside courthouse for jurors to see and walk around #11Alive

No, RH did not send a text saying that.

As he addressed the jury, Boring stood alongside a posterboard with the words, "I hate being married with kids. The novelty has worn off and I have nothing to show for it," which the prosecutor said was a quote from Harris.

I remember that lots of peeps thought it was outrageous and unfair and just a DT tactic when Staley granted the change in venue. Truth is, it is virtually certain that a guilty verdict on any count (s) would have been overturned on appeal had she not. Changing venue wasn't even a close call, and Staley knew it.

Appellate courts give the benefit of the doubt, if you will, to decisions made by trial judges, but only up to a point. Staley isn't allowed to misinterpret or misstate the law, and she isn't allowed to make mistakes about the facts of the case. If she does any of that, she chances having any verdict vacated on appeal.

The bottom line is that it is in everyone's best interest for RH to have the fair trial the US Constitution guarantees him as a fundamental right, tedious and aggravating as the process of trial often is.
If you go back and listen to the hearings Kilgore was telling the truth. And then they had to do the change of venue. She didn't look too happy about that. I am shocked.

COURT ON

Judge putting it on the record and explaining how it will proceed. Jury will be brought in/

can walk around 2 times, doors closed... open doors walk around 2 times. Then have 5 min to observe. No touching, no getting inside vehicle.

As he addressed the jury, Boring stood alongside a posterboard with the words, "I hate being married with kids. The novelty has worn off and I have nothing to show for it," which the prosecutor said was a quote from Harris.

Yes, he had that board up, and for a very long time, but no, he didn't say RH said it (though I suspect he hoped jurors believed that to be so). In fact, a State witness specifically said otherwise, when crossed by Kilgore.

From what I understand, LE originally concluded Ross posted that image but once the full context was known, it was actually one of the women he was messaging that posted it. It's never been clear to me if he had previous conversations with the woman who posted it.

I wonder if any of the jurors saw the car as they got there or if they saw it come up. Kinda looked out in the open. I got kinda queezy thinking about it. But if I was on the jury I think would want to see. JMHO

Here's the link to today's youtube live streaming from the wonderful Fox 5 Atlanta:

[video=youtube;sA8sLo2dwwo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA8sLo2dwwo[/video]

I wonder if any of the jurors saw the car as they got there or if they saw it come up. Kinda looked out in the open. I got kinda queezy thinking about it. But if I was on the jury I think would want to see. JMHO

It came in on flatbead:

Cvxg5ctXEAASth8_1477571676489_2207911_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

The judge ruled jurors would walk around Harris' SUV twice with the door open, then twice with the door closed, and finally have up to five minutes to view the vehicle. She also made it clear they would not be allowed to touch it.

Brunswick, GA
Thursday 9:00 AM
Partly Cloudy
Partly Cloudy
67°F | °C
Precipitation: 0%
Humidity: 86%
Wind: 4 mph

The jury will approach the car, peer into the backseat and see the carseat. JMO

It came in on flatbead while the jury was in the building:

Cvxg5ctXEAASth8_1477571676489_2207911_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Yes I saw the tweet and posted a few videos. It was a duh moment wasn't thinking. She told them to be there 8:30 sharp. So your right they would have them in then have it brought around. thx

[video=twitter;791618549366292481]https://twitter.com/RossCavittWSB/status/791618549366292481[/video]

WATCH LIVE | Jury steps outside to view Ross Harris' SUV in the Hot Car Death Trial

[video=youtube;sA8sLo2dwwo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA8sLo2dwwo[/video]

[video=twitter;791626194970091527]https://twitter.com/RossHarrisTrial/status/791626194970091527[/video]

Nicole ‏@LadyJustice2188 5m5 minutes ago
Would B curious to know if any men will do a "head above the frame" view 2 see what #RossHarris saw #hotcardeath

It does make me wonder if the police or DA really looked at their own investigation with a critical eye. They had 2 yrs to get that right. They should have been looking for ways that the defense could poke holes in their investigation but they missed it. It's only natural to wonder what else they over looked. IMO.

If it changed Cooper would still be dead. Dead is dead. Cooper died in a hot car while his father didn't think of him being there for 7 hours.

Many hours, days and months have been spent on preparing this for trial. The defense spent their time looking for errors only. The ying and yang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong