OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://m.fox19.com/fox19/db_330522/contentdet...

More details on the events around Kendra changing her mind to stay and reference of being babies God-Mother is written in a bible Hannah R kept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for posting this link Tiff. This is yet another "backstory" of the effect this has had on so many others (in addition to the victims, of course).

This family IMO is still in shock and utterly grief striken.

They can't even get family pix out of KR's trailer to remind them of pleasant memories and help the grieving process. The part about the daily "I love you" texts from her father tore me apart.

I'm at work as I read this story and it literally brought me to tears for quite a while. Kendra strikes me as quite a young lady. This is heartbeaking !!

Not every family is able to do this, knows to do this, or even has the means to do this. It usually falls to those left behind --- I can tell you with absolute certainty this family was not a preplanning group.
I'm relatively certain that they were not either but that does not mean that it falls to LE to gather the appropriate information together. I don't mean to be harsh but it quite honestly is not LE's problem. Their problem is to solve who murdered those eight people. It is not uncommon for them to keep everything that they deem as evidence, until the trial is over and post trial appeals. It just is what it is. There is still property that belongs to my family, albeit not a large amount, sitting in the property room, up town, from a burglary that we walked in on, in my childhood home over 40 years ago. It was taken so they could get prints off of it as the burglar dropped it as they went out the window. We've never been able to get it back and no one was ever apprehended for the burglary.

I also don't think the pike county Rhoden family would have done this. However, I wouldn't rule out Gary's side. Maybe a look into his side, and how they felt about him coming to live with CR, would be of interest.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Regardless of how much time has passed since your house was broken in to, would go down there and insist it be returned, and insist if they recovered any fingerprints, that they be run thru the nat'l database to see if they get a hit.
I filed chgs on a guy who stole a ring from me in 1981. His Atty called me and asked what it would take to get me to drop chgs so J would not go to jail. I told him I didn't want to drop chgs, I just wanted my ring back. He then told me there was no gaurentee I would get it back, even if J went to jail. So I agreed to drop chgs only if I got my ring, plus the money I had loaned him, and the money he had stolen from me. And then I added if he was anywhere I went, he had to leave. I said if I go to TG&Y to shop and he is in there, he needed to leave. I got all my requests.

I'm relatively certain that they were not either but that does not mean that it falls to LE to gather the appropriate information together. I don't mean to be harsh but it quite honestly is not LE's problem. Their problem is to solve who murdered those eight people. It is not uncommon for them to keep everything that they deem as evidence, until the trial is over and post trial appeals. It just is what it is. There is still property that belongs to my family, albeit not a large amount, sitting in the property room, up town, from a burglary that we walked in on, in my childhood home over 40 years ago. It was taken so they could get prints off of it as the burglar dropped it as they went out the window. We've never been able to get it back and no one was ever apprehended for the burglary.

I agree that it's not LE's problem. It's just so unfortunate all the way around. :(

If the lights were on when they were found, it raises questions. My theory is that it was pitch black at the crime scenes at the time of the murders

The one thing I thought of and posted about the mobile homes is that maybe there was something written on the wall of one of them or all of them. I believe all other evidence had long been removed before moving them.

Uh huh...! That has been my thought as well...! OR something within a wall and they took a wall down...

That may be true, but I still don't see it as simple as accommodating one person for one need, and then being able to say no to others, who need/want something from the trailers. I mean, really, what paperwork would they need if they don't want the trailers back? Titles to the vehicles? It's kind of the responsibility of each individual to take care of their estate before they pass. A lot of the Rhodens business transactions may not be something LE is ready to release, either. We only know the living family's side of this.

It was in some earlier interviews that Leonard Manley and others spoke of how they were having problems settling the estates of the victims - paying off bills, etc. because they didn't have basic paperwork needed - eg birth certificates, health insurance, life insurance policies, bank account info, etc. When someone dies, all of their assets and accounts are frozen, but the bills keep coming in. It's basic stuff everyone has to go through when a relative dies. In probate court, you have to produce original documents for some of these things, not photocopies. These are not things people can "take care of" before they die. This is part of the normal legal process for dealing with someone's estate, even those who have a will, etc. Have you never helped settle an estate for a deceased loved one? I have, its a lot of paperwork.

It's not considered "accommodating" anyone. It's considered standard, ethical practice by LE, per the quote from the professor at John Jay College. But, of course, not all law enforcement agencies are ethical. In this case, there's nothing LE can't share with family WRT personal and financial legal documents. It's not needed for their investigation.

There's a sense of personal animosity on the part of LE towards all of the Rhoden family members that is inappropriate and unprofessional. As KR's daughter pointed out in the latest interview, these people weren't big time drug dealers. They were working 40-60 hrs a week in multiple jobs trying to make a living. They're the victims here, but the dead family members and their surviving family are being treated as if they're deplorable criminals.

Several years ago, a little boy named Sylar Newton died in a campground in northern AZ. His mom, grandma and two siblings had gone camping. Sylar had found some drugs the mom & grandma had and od'd. His body was held for about 2 years before he was buried. Many were concerned, so I wrote the funeral home asking if money was needed and why he hadn't been buried yet. The director replied, "there is no better evidence than Sylar, himself" in the conviction of his mom.

That's the way I view the holding of the mobile homes. That and it's obvious some family members are under suspicion. jmo

That is so sad :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regardless of how much time has passed since your house was broken in to, would go down there and insist it be returned, and insist if they recovered any fingerprints, that they be run thru the nat'l database to see if they get a hit.
I filed chgs on a guy who stole a ring from me in 1981. His Atty called me and asked what it would take to get me to drop chgs so J would not go to jail. I told him I didn't want to drop chgs, I just wanted my ring back. He then told me there was no gaurentee I would get it back, even if J went to jail. So I agreed to drop chgs only if I got my ring, plus the money I had loaned him, and the money he had stolen from me. And then I added if he was anywhere I went, he had to leave. I said if I go to TG&Y to shop and he is in there, he needed to leave. I got all my requests.

No one knows who to drop charges on in our case. No one was ever caught. What little property it was, I'm sure, after 40 years, and it has been lost. My family did go ask for it at least once and saw it sitting there in the back but, no go. Personally, I've really no interest in at this point. At any rate, the Rhodens can't make a deal to drop charges on the folks who murdered their family members, to get their property back.

[FONT=&quot]Investigators have not provided photographs of the marijuana or any of the evidence to show some of the victims had commercial grow operations on their property.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Kendra, and many others in her family, don’t believe the amount of marijuana investigators said they found at the properties was anything near a commercial grow operation.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“If they had as much marijuana and they were selling as much marijuana as they’re saying, then I wouldn’t be busting my butt to put myself through LPN school, Or, Chris wouldn’t have had to work four different jobs and my dad wouldn’t have had to work every day, drive back and forth to Columbus to make a living,” Kendra said.[/FONT]

I agree with Kendra Rhoden.

It was in some earlier interviews that Leonard Manley and others spoke of how they were having problems settling the estates of the victims - paying off bills, etc. because they didn't have basic paperwork needed - eg birth certificates, health insurance, life insurance policies, bank account info, etc. When someone dies, all of their assets and accounts are frozen, but the bills keep coming in. It's basic stuff everyone has to go through when a relative dies. In probate court, you have to produce original documents for some of these things, not photocopies. These are not things people can "take care of" before they die. This is part of the normal legal process for dealing with someone's estate, even those who have a will, etc. Have you never helped settle an estate for a deceased loved one? I have, its a lot of paperwork.

It's not considered "accommodating" anyone. It's considered standard, ethical practice by LE, per the quote from the professor at John Jay College. But, of course, not all law enforcement agencies are ethical. In this case, there's nothing LE can't share with family WRT personal and financial legal documents. It's not needed for their investigation.

There's a sense of personal animosity on the part of LE towards all of the Rhoden family members that is inappropriate and unprofessional. As KR's daughter pointed out in the latest interview, these people weren't big time drug dealers. They were working 40-60 hrs a week in multiple jobs trying to make a living. They're the victims here, but the dead family members and their surviving family are being treated as if they're deplorable criminals.

I have helped settle an estate and it was nothing close to the craziness that you describe, of course our particular family member had their affairs in order, and was not involved in illegal activities that required their property to be seized either.

Just my thought, again, poor Kenny and laying alone for several hours longer than the rest. They thought he was at work so phoned his cellphone multiple times, why did no one actually contact his employer? Someone somewhere at his place of employment would've known he didn't show if he was suppose to be at an actual job! I still just can't seem to make any sense of that and the fact that he wasn't seen about until noon! If he had family in the vicinity, how did this get overlooked?

Regardless, to me it's pretty irrelevant, it just bothers me. I don't think this was done by any extended family members. I'm still leaning towards something more organized and professional.

Was there any DNA found? I don't remember any disclosure about this...thanks.

Was there any DNA found? I don't remember any disclosure about this...thanks.

I don't recall it being mentioned if they have. DNA evidence is pretty big business if the perps DNA is on file. They probably wouldn't want that out.

Just my thought, again, poor Kenny and laying alone for several hours longer than the rest. They thought he was at work so phoned his cellphone multiple times, why did no one actually contact his employer? Someone somewhere at his place of employment would've known he didn't show if he was suppose to be at an actual job! I still just can't seem to make any sense of that and the fact that he wasn't seen about until noon! If he had family in the vicinity, how did this get overlooked?

Regardless, to me it's pretty irrelevant, it just bothers me. I don't think this was done by any extended family members. I'm still leaning towards something more organized and professional.
Kendra said she tried to call him and thought he was at work b/c he didn't pick up. I don't recall if she called his place of employment to have him tracked down, or not. However, she later sent two people there to check on him (DS and another). Oddly enough DS did not mention that in any of his interviews. The thing that bothers me about this is that DS said he was to spend the night and help KR work on cars the next day, which leads me to believe that KR was going to take off work that next day. A day off from a job he had just started? At any rate, DS would have known this, so when Kendra, could not reach KR, that should have sent up a warning sign to DR specifically, that something could be up. They said that KR normally left by 4 a.m. for the drive to work. I'd really like to know what time DS left that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member