OR - PRESIDENTIAL PARDON - Militia members occupy federal building in Oregon after protest #4

Maxine Bernstein ‏@maxoregonian
Parties called back for jury question at 3pm #oregonstandoff

Maxine Bernstein
4m4 minutes ago
US attorney's office says announcement expected in court in Bundy case --possible verdict

Maxine Bernstein
25s25 seconds ago
Jury note:they 'exhausted all discussion' &can't come to agreement on 1 charge,'further deliberation would not help.' #oregonstandoff

Maxine Bernstein
1m1 minute ago
Jury note: 'We have reached consensus on all but one charge..'#oregonstandoff

Maxine Bernstein
now
Judge cautioned public gallery:'There will be no audible or behavioral reactions to verdict.' #oregonstandoff

Maxine Bernstein
49s49 seconds ago
Judge described how verdict will be received - she'll read each verdict by defendant, and ask presiding juror if what she read is right

Maxine Bernstein
1m1 minute ago
Don't see family members of Bundys, defendants here #oregonstandoff

Maxine Bernstein
2m2 minutes ago
Judge said the so-called 'dynamite charge' - urging jurors to deliberate more - is 'typically discouraged' as it suggests 'coercion'

Maxine Bernstein
3m3 minutes ago
Judge noted it's 'only been a matter of hours,' but 'it's not hard to understand jurors are well aware of evidence by now #oregonstandoff

Marcus Mumford was just tackled to the ground by at least 5 us marshals after kept arguing that Ammon Bundy was free to go #oregonstandoff

Maxine Bernstein
2m2 minutes ago
Jury was hung on Ryan Bundy's theft of govt property charge #oregonstandoff

Maxine Bernstein
2m2 minutes ago
Jury finds all #oregonstandoff defendants not guilty of federal conspiracy, gun charges

I don't know about Federal trials but the Scott Peterson trial comes to mind when the jurors complained about other jurors after deliberations had begun. IMO, this guy should never have been allowed on the jury in the first place. It seems he was biased and unable to set that aside. Therefore, unfair to BOTH sides, imo.

OK thanks. I believe that juror was removed at his own request though.

Maxine Bernstein
Maxine Bernstein – Verified account ‏@maxoregonian

As marshals struggled w\ Mumford on floor of courtroom, yelling,'Don't resist!' Judge ordered:'Everyone out of courtroom.' #oregonstandoff
4:22 PM - 27 Oct 2016

? ? ?

I bet the people who pleaded guilty, now wish they hadn't.

Oregon standoff: All defendants found not guilty

Update at 4:10 p.m.: All defendants found not guilty.

Update: The jury reported to the court Thursday afternoon that it has reached consensus on all but one charge. The jury sent a note to the judge that members have "exhausted all discussion" and can't come to an agreement, and that "further deliberation would not help."

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/10/judge_welcomes_new_juror_direc.html#incart_big-photo

Jury finds 7 Malheur occupiers not guilty of conspiracy
KOIN 6 News Staff
Published: October 27, 2016, 4:09 pm Updated: October 27, 2016, 4:26 pm

http://koin.com/2016/10/27/jury-reaches-verdict-in-malheur-case/

PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — About 10 months after the 41-day takeover of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, a jury found 7 occupiers not guilty of conspiring to impede federal workers from doing their jobs at the refuge.

The verdict came one day after a juror was dismissed due to concerns over his impartiality.

Ammon Bundy’s attorney Marcus Mumford was tackled to the ground in court after arguing that his client was free to go in light of the verdict. He and his brother, Ryan, are still under federal indictment in Nevada.

Mumford was detained by about half a dozen U.S. Marshals.​

This is very disappointing. Let's hope the Feds fare better.

The problem was the charges that they were on trial for. I can't believe there weren't better ones. Impeding work? Ugh.

What a joke.

It sounds like the former BLM employee was holding out for guilty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can only shake my head. These armed militants were acquitted today while peaceful, unarmed Native water protectors were attacked, shot at, maced, hit with vehicles, horses shot (one killed) in North Dakota. Today was not a good day.

I can only shake my head. These armed militants were acquitted today while peaceful, unarmed Native water protectors were attacked, shot at, maced, hit with vehicles, horses shot (one killed) in North Dakota. Today was not a good day.

It's proving impossible to not draw comparisons.

What a joke.

It sounds like the former BLM employee was holding out for guilty.

That juror should never have been removed. This should have been a mistrial. I knew as soon as I heard the bizarre questions the jury was asking the judge, that something was seriously wrong with this jury.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back