OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
DS statements don't jive with Kendra's. Unless he's just making stuff up for the press.

DS thinks KR is off work that day.
IIRC DS has never said that he heard it through Kendra. Iirc, he said he heard it on the news and tried to call KR, then became concerned. (I can't find that link at this time.)
DS said KR was usually up and working on cars by 5:30 a.m. Why would KR be usually out working on cars by 5:30 a.m. if he had a new job that he usually left for by 4:00 a.m.?
It's a family tragedy, that's one time you can call the employer to have a family member brought in out of the field or paged, etc...
I'm just wondering why, after KR repeatedly did not answer the calls to his phone, that no one, not even an older adult in the family, suggested to contact KR's employer.
DS knows that they have plans, supposedly hears the news, but doesn't go to check on KR, til almost 1:30 p.m., even after not being able to reach him via phone, and doesn't think to call his employer to see if KR decided to go to work, so he could tell him about the tragedy before he heard it leaked out on the news.
After finding KR, DS and the other guy, goes snooping around the property, finds a tray of plants, and THEN calls 911. Personally, I think that I'd have called 911 immediately upon finding my beloved friend and relative,then gone and sat in my truck til LE got there, instead of traipsing around the property.
None of DS statements makes sense to me. j.s.

IIRC I think he said they went to the garage/shed first and found the plants then went to check on KR. I could be wrong though.

Can someone please remind me, who was KR's employer in Columbus?

I imagine Leonard and Judy have never been in this situation before, and they don't know where to start. I had a wreck in '08, and it was the other persons fault. I called the SD and asked the guy who worked the wreck to fax me a copy of the accident report, because I thought it was my responsibility to take care of everything. He explained to me all I needed to do was contact my ins co. He said that's what you are pay ing them for. Had it not been for him, I would have been totally lost. PCSD could have been at least that considerate. I'm beginning to think PCSD is totally enept.

Then again the Sheriff told them to arm themselves. .....I never heard of a Sheriff telling civilians to arm themselves.

IMO a lot of elected Sheriffs are pro-constitution and encourage their citizens to arm themselves. Sheriff Clark of Milwaukee, Wisconsin comes to mind. A few years ago he made a public statement encouraging the public to be armed. I won't comment on that position due to it being too political for the forum rules.

DS is a bit screwy. Does he work? The murders happened on a Thursday night/Friday morning? I wouldn't be surprised if he had his days mixed up and thought it was Friday and that he would be working on cars Saturday morning. I know when kids and hubby are off for holidays I'm completely out of whack on what day it is.

I just can't get over the coincidences in this case.

IMO a lot of elected Sheriffs are pro-constitution and encourage their citizens to arm themselves. Sheriff Clark of Milwaukee, Wisconsin comes to mind. A few years ago he made a public statement encouraging the public to be armed. I won't comment on that position due to it being too political for the forum rules.

And I've been told that the Charleston city police chief at the time of Hurricane Floyd basically said the same thing concerning looters.

IIRC I think he said they went to the garage/shed first and found the plants then went to check on KR. I could be wrong though.

Unless the newspaper put it in the wrong order, it reads like he found KR first. Either way, why would he be traipsing around the property if he were there to check on his family member? I'd not go looking in a building first. KR's truck had to be there and DS said the padlock was unlocked to the trailer. It just doesn't add up. At least not to me.
http://nbc4i.com/2016/05/05/pike-co...-cousins-body-calling-911-on-day-of-massacre/

I believe this also. If it were cartel related, this may never be solved simply because it's just another part of the job and they would be long gone leaving no trace. I think all these other shenanigans being brought to light is a direct result of this investigation. I'm leaning toward a narcing situation or even possibly a threat of some sort from the Rhodens. They probably had the upper hand in the situation so the perps did what they felt necessary. I've also wondered if CR1's trailer had some sort of safe room or vault installed. Something large enough that in order to move, they'd had to extract it from the roof? Is that possible in a mobile home?

Sorry but I'm coming into these threads way late and this is the only thread I have read. On the autopsies a lot was redated. But I did notice that on one of the ladies I believe had the tongue redacted. They usually say "tongue in the midline and normal". What if this person had their tongue missing? You know, cut out because they narced. But then again, it just could have been redacted just to redact it. I apologize if this has been mentioned, and I don't have a link to the autopsies right now either.

Some of our regular posters are thinking maybe their tongue was pierced.

Sorry but I'm coming into these threads way late and this is the only thread I have read. On the autopsies a lot was redated. But I did notice that on one of the ladies I believe had the tongue redacted. They usually say "tongue in the midline and normal". What if this person had their tongue missing? You know, cut out because they narced. But then again, it just could have been redacted just to redact it. I apologize if this has been mentioned, and I don't have a link to the autopsies right now either.

Wow! I didn't really give much notice to the redacted information! But I wonder that as well! I'm going to find it and look! I'm definitely thinking the perps were professional at some level, not necessarily gang or cartel, but someone with a ton of experience covering their tracks.

I just looked back over the reports twice. I'm thinking HG had a tongue ring but I didn't find any mention of any of their tongues! Maybe I'm overlooking it?

[QUOTE Then again the Sheriff told them to arm themselves. .....I never heard of a Sheriff telling civilians to arm themselves. QUOTE]

I would think that what Sheriff Clark said would be in the general context of things. Maybe remarking that he believed in the second amendment and everyone should own a gun.

But telling a family that just had 8 members murdered? What if the family knew or suspected who killed them? Many families would be out for revenge if their family members were killed.

Unless the newspaper put it in the wrong order, it reads like he found KR first. Either way, why would he be traipsing around the property if he were there to check on his family member? I'd not go looking in a building first. KR's truck had to be there and DS said the padlock was unlocked to the trailer. It just doesn't add up. At least not to me.
http://nbc4i.com/2016/05/05/pike-co...-cousins-body-calling-911-on-day-of-massacre/

You are right. The way he stated it sounds like he found KR first then went to look in the building. My mistake.

His daughter said she received many texts and phone calls from him every day. If KR was that close to his kids then if he would have known instantly who the killer was I feel like his kids would know also. Parents may not tell small children things to protect them from being scared but they usually tell their grown kids everything and vice versa. KR has always been the odd man out in every scenario I have came up with. Just can't imagine any plausible theory where his death fits in.

He may not have even pieced it together yet himself, but imo somebody felt that he would. Believed that he could...

I just looked back over the reports twice. I'm thinking HG had a tongue ring but I didn't find any mention of any of their tongues! Maybe I'm overlooking it?

The tongue is listed under GastroIntestinal I think. It is usually the first line on these autopsies. The ones that you can see say "the tongue is atraumatic". Some have this info redacted. I was just trying to figure out why the readaction.

I wonder what time DS arrived at the church? I thought LR, KR's son went with DS to KR's camper that day per one of DS's interviews.

He may not have even pieced it together yet himself, but imo somebody felt that he would. Believed that he could...

And/or
no longer needed him, help-wise, whether it was intentional help, or not, on KR's behalf.

The tongue is listed under GastroIntestinal I think. It is usually the first line on these autopsies. The ones that you can see say "the tongue is atraumatic". Some have this info redacted. I was just trying to figure out why the readaction.

Yep, you are correct! I think it says the same. It could be possible it was bitten into on impact though. Or it could say The tongue is "missing!"

I'm thinking on a very strange theory. There's a lot of coincidences in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304