Trial - Ross Harris #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks to me that Leanne's testimony helped the defense with the murder charges. The sexual charges not so much.

That's the problem with having unrelated crimes being tried in one trial. JMO

I still haven't figured out how the heck the State is proving this was intentional. Or what the heck the sexting has to do with Cooper death.

[video=twitter;793188504817766400]https://twitter.com/NatishaLance/status/793188504817766400[/video]

He never said that, as I imagine you know.

He never said that. But when he saw that meme, he clicked on it, and commented on it, reaching out to the author of the meme. He commiserated with her. I think that is revealing, imo.

I still haven't figured out how the heck the State is proving this was intentional. Or what the heck the sexting has to do with Cooper death.

IMO it's their position he was leading a double life. One as a family man (who's suspicious wife keeps him on a short leash)
One as an online Don Juan whose reckless behavior keeps escalating. Sexting was a big part of that.
He said he was near his breaking point. They believe he left his son in the car to walk away from his responsibilities and into the life he wanted. A life of "drinking and f-ing strangers"

He never said that. But when he saw that meme, he clicked on it, and commented on it, reaching out to the author of the meme. He commiserated with her. I think that is revealing, imo.

Yes and he commiserated with her right before leaving Cooper in the car.

Taylor says Harris told her he was going to a movie and would be home around 7.

Shortly after 4 on June 18, 2014, the two talked on the phone. Harris said he wasn't going home before the movie.

SOrry I haven't read the entire thread yet but didn't LH think that he was going home first before the movie? TIA. I remember this from earlier info, not from today.

Will prosecution show pics of Cooper after he died to Leanna, while she's in the stand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

to finish off the tweets of the day (I had to log out when the jury came back from break):

Taylor says Harris told her he was going to a movie and would be home around 7. Shortly after 4 on June 18, 2014, the two talked on the phone. Harris said he wasn't going home before the movie.

Boring reads a string of text messages about Harris wanting to go out and leaving her home with Cooper. Taylor says she never gets to go out alone with friends for dinner or drinks.

Taylor says Harris often ran behind, and that it took him longer to get places. Boring tells Taylor that one day when she was waiting on him to return home, he was actually meeting a prostitute.

"I didn't know these things that he was doing," Taylor says. "It was a part of him that he wasn't sharing with me."

Taylor says at times, Harris was "absent-minded." One example is him forgetting to deposit a check.

Taylor says Harris was very concerned with perception and had a "larger than life" personality.

Taylor says she asked Harris to leave when she found out he was talking to another woman in 2010. Taylor says she didn't think he would have an affair, but he did. Harris was sorry and apologetic, and the couple began counseling with their pastor.

In 2012, Taylor saw another message on her husband's phone. The two went immediately to counseling. "Our goal was always to save our marriage if we could," Taylor said. Harris was not honest with her about cheating. She says she told him he could divorce her if he no longer wanted to be married. If she had known he was having physical affairs, Taylor says she would have divorced him.

In July 2014, Taylor learned Harris had been texting with six other women the day Cooper died. She said she didn't know what to believe.

Court has adjourned for the day. Leanna Harris will return to the witness stand Tuesday morning for additional cross-examination.

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/minute-minute-the-justin-ross-harris-trial-oct/iy7epchBrIkfTAw7p4k7RK/

Just because his wife doesn't believe he did it on purpose, that does not prove that he didn't. He hid a lot of things from her. So many things that she didn't know. He brought strangers home to have sex on the couch. He had relationships with a man. He was paying for sex from hookers. He was sexting minors. I am sure that if you had asked her if he was capable of doing any of the above, she would have said NO WAY.

SOrry I haven't read the entire thread yet but didn't LH think that he was going home first before the movie? TIA. I remember this from earlier info, not from today.

She said on the stand that she asked him whether he was going home first... and if he had said "yes", she would've wanted Ross to pick up Cooper from daycare that day and she would've met them back at their apartment. Since he told her that he was not planning to go home first, LH was going to get Cooper from daycare.

Hey JerseyGirl, I don't know if anyone has said this yet, but thank you for your diligence giving everyone updates every day during trial.
:yourock:

to finish off the tweets of the day (I had to log out when the jury came back from break):

Taylor says Harris told her he was going to a movie and would be home around 7. Shortly after 4 on June 18, 2014, the two talked on the phone. Harris said he wasn't going home before the movie.

Boring reads a string of text messages about Harris wanting to go out and leaving her home with Cooper. Taylor says she never gets to go out alone with friends for dinner or drinks.

Taylor says Harris often ran behind, and that it took him longer to get places. Boring tells Taylor that one day when she was waiting on him to return home, he was actually meeting a prostitute.

"I didn't know these things that he was doing," Taylor says. "It was a part of him that he wasn't sharing with me."

Taylor says at times, Harris was "absent-minded." One example is him forgetting to deposit a check.

Taylor says Harris was very concerned with perception and had a "larger than life" personality.

Taylor says she asked Harris to leave when she found out he was talking to another woman in 2010. Taylor says she didn't think he would have an affair, but he did. Harris was sorry and apologetic, and the couple began counseling with their pastor.

In 2012, Taylor saw another message on her husband's phone. The two went immediately to counseling. "Our goal was always to save our marriage if we could," Taylor said. Harris was not honest with her about cheating. She says she told him he could divorce her if he no longer wanted to be married. If she had known he was having physical affairs, Taylor says she would have divorced him.

In July 2014, Taylor learned Harris had been texting with six other women the day Cooper died. She said she didn't know what to believe.

Court has adjourned for the day. Leanna Harris will return to the witness stand Tuesday morning for additional cross-examination.

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/minute-minute-the-justin-ross-harris-trial-oct/iy7epchBrIkfTAw7p4k7RK/

I think it came from the place of not being able to say IMO what was the flat out truth, which would have been-- I was in shock because my baby died, then I was under suspicion myself for months, and even after LE finally cleared me a large segment of the public still thought i was involved in killing my baby, and so yeah, it was entirely clear to me that if I went ahead with a divorce it would send a message I didn't want to send, that I no longer believed it was an accident.

And btw, hello, there's a difference between divorcing a husband who shares a house and a child neither of us wanted to harm by divorcing, and a husband who is locked up in jail waiting for trial relating to the death of our son.

She couldn't say that, and what I saw was someone who doesn't lie trying to figure out what she could say that was truthful and answered the question. Jmo

I have to go back an finish listening to Cross. I not sure how much I missed but just a thought. Since I have listened to the PC hearing... and I know LH was there. I also know that she knew that there were things Stoddard was saying that were not true. Very possible that she really didn't know whether to believe that part in full since there were so many other outright false statements put into the SWs. She was living this. She was treated as a suspect from the jump start. She was treated badly and without cause. All because of how these LEO "felt they should be acting" As Kilgore has pointed out, no matter what they did or didn't do it wasn't right for the CCPD. I still can not get over the fact that they would not let anyone sit with her. She just had found out about her child being dead. And Stoddards flipping testimony in regards to her... how she was not free to leave and if she asked he would have denied. WTH yet she wasn't read her rights and SHE WAS ALLOWED TO LEAVE??? JMHO

I've never been convinced lh was involved. I thought she came across as honest but a person in deep denial who has compartmentalized or is in denial to protect her sanity. And part of that self protection seemS to be not coming to terms with how awful Ross's behavior was. She seemed intent on making it clear she didn't know how awful he was being. I think that's just a natural defense mechanism after being humiliated by being extensively cheated on. I don't think she's coming across well on cross because of all that, but I don't find her inauthentic either.

Boring has to go where he's going with her because she is the face of how double his double life was...but it's hard to watch. JMHO

I don't know anything about Whisper, but I'm getting the impression that it likely has hundreds of memes daily that are the equivalent of hanging out a sign that says "hi, I cheat on my spouse too, let's talk."

I'm guessing RH responded to a great many of those invitations, and guessing it is commonplace for cheaters to complain about their spouses as rationalization for their cheating.

I'm also guessing that folks who cheat on their spouses and who go looking for strangers online to talk dirty with aren't very likely to be truthful in what they say there.

IMO that CFA exchange was absolutely meaningless in content, and only possibly relevant if I believed he was so distracted by it that he forgot Cooper. Given that I think it was meaningless, I don't think it played any part in Ross being so absorbed by it that he "forgot" Cooper.

The 1st bbm, is LH comparing RH absent minded-ness of forgetting to deposit a check to leaving Cooper in a hot car to die.

The 2nd bbm when LH learns of RH texting with 6 other women saying what she didn't know what to believe. What is there not to believe?

It really is amazing how differently people perceive the exact same thing.

It's like politics!!! I think once we have a firm opinion on something controversial, it's hard to shake and our perceptions are influenced by our biases. I try hard to see things form all perspectives and use as much logic as possible, but even for attorneys who are used to looking at things dispassionately or from all angles, it can be difficult!

Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post
I still haven't figured out how the heck the State is proving this was intentional. Or what the heck the sexting has to do with Cooper death

IMO it's their position he was leading a double life. One as a family man (who's suspicious wife keeps him on a short leash)
One as an online Don Juan whose reckless behavior keeps escalating. Sexting was a big part of that.
He said he was near his breaking point. They believe he left his son in the car to walk away from his responsibilities and into the life he wanted. A life of "drinking and f-ing strangers"

JMHO they are grasping, just like adding all the charges, overcharging just trying to get "something". They clearly falsified SW, lied under oath, MULTIPLE times. Every single thing that they "thought RH was lying about" proved to be true. Like the whole freaking light bulb SW. All the searches that they swore RH /LH has said they researched, NONE of those have proved to be true. Then you have LEO being caught telling untruthful testimony (impeached by other witnesses!) I mean look at the HD Security guard! OMG now that was a shock. They have the child's Pediatrician records so they can tell if he had a growth spurt and so forth. That age they measure, weight and so forth at most all well baby check ups and he had recently had one. They have had no one that has testified that Cooper was mistreated or malnutrition, no injuries per the ME. This is just crazy to me JMHO

Having served on two juries (neither a criminal trial), I tend to approach any trial from a juror's perspective. I posted earlier how I reacted to Leanna's testimony today. Leanna did a fine job of humanizing Ross and promoting his positive relationship with their son. Her testimony took a downward turn with the prosecutor, and I lost respect that I gained for her while she testified for the defense. I don't know what my "fellow jurors" would feel or how they would react, but that's how I felt.

At some time today I wondered if protecting Ross came from her pretty much turning Cooper over to him.
She worked out of town for at least the week she testified so I am thinking she was gone other weeks too.

Ross took Cooper to CF then daycare that day and still she was asking him if he s going home first so he could pick up Cooper.

She seemed to me detached from mothering.
The day she was home with Cooper she kept texting that she didn't want to be alone..come home!
Ross gives Cooper his first bath alone.

I wonder if she feels she dumped too much on Ross and he snapped.

I don't know anything about Whisper, but I'm getting the impression that it likely has hundreds of memes daily that are the equivalent of hanging out a sign that says "hi, I cheat on my spouse too, let's talk."

I'm guessing RH responded to a great many of those invitations, and guessing it is commonplace for cheaters to complain about their spouses as rationalization for their cheating.

I'm also guessing that folks who cheat on their spouses and who go looking for strangers online to talk dirty with aren't very likely to be truthful in what they say there.

IMO that CFA exchange was absolutely meaningless in content, and only possibly relevant if I believed he was so distracted by it that he forgot Cooper. Given that I think it was meaningless, I don't think it played any part in Ross being so absorbed by it that he "forgot" Cooper.

I don't agree that his feelings of disdain and hostility towards his family life is 'meaningless' in this tragic death.

I don't believe you can divorce his ambivalence about his marriage from the outcome of this tragic incident.

Why didn't I cheat on my husband of 32 years? I didn't because I loved my family life. I adored being a wife and mother and would never do anything to put that in jeopardy.

Obviously Ross did not feel that same way. He already knew his wife was on to him, and he continued, in fact, he escalated the sexual escapades. So how much really, did he want to stay in the marriage and with his child.

LH said he was scared she was going to take Cooper from him. Apparently not that scared, because he continued to do things that would make that happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoofer2024