Trial - Ross Harris #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'l I think it's taking an awful lot of license to say none of these witnesses really knew Ross

They didn't know he was cheating on his wife, but that doesn't mean they didn't know what kind of father he was to Cooper. There's no evidence to suggest that Ross was a negligent, indifferent or deficient father. All of the testimony about that is consistent among every witness.

Is not being negligent the standard for a good father? And we will have to disagree on that anyway. I think we are at this trial BECAUSE of his negligence. I think sexting while your child lays next to you is the epitome of indifference and carelessness. Sexting instead of honestly doing your job to provide, is a deficiency in parenting and just being a decent human. Having affairs while on a FAMILY vacation. Repeatedly disrespecting his mother. Giving an example to his child that woman are for consumption. Spending money on prostitutes instead of saving or spending on the family. I can really go on and on. They might be willing to be in denial about these things, but their denial doesn't PROVE his priorities were his family. His priorities were himself. How anyone listening to this trial could think that he was "good" to Cooper, seriously boggles my mind. I don't care if he "loved" Cooper. His behavior and his priorities were not that of a good father, good husband, or good human.

JMO.

Well obviously I can't speak for her but Leanna obviously believes it was an accident and chose to stand by and support Ross, I doubt her mother go against her and just by her daughter believing it was an accident that's was probably enough for her. Kinda like that confirmation bias thing were always talking about... anyways, I don't necessarily think she's on Ross' side but she is absolutely on the side of her daughter

Perhaps but I know my mother would do the opposite. No way would she testify in a court of law to help a person who she thought or even feared, murdered her grandchild. I find it far fetched especially knowing the degree of his cheating! No way! Her daughter wants nothing to do with the man.

I would have to say there is one huge piece of evidence and his name was Cooper. We deal with plenty of cases when everything seems totally normal and loving until it isn't.

Well, of course, but the complete lack of any evidence of Ross being a bad parent before Cooper's death - that tends to indicate it was an accident and not a deliberate murder.

Cooper would have rather liked not being left by his father to slowly boil to death in that car. I'm sorry but I just can't with the notion of a child that young hypothetically liking any sort of grave.

State the obvious much? It has been stated how the boy slowly roasted to death in dad's car, many, many times ... I don't think anyone is 'liking' anything about his death.
Not understanding how verbally
trashing his gravesite, and his mom is making people feel better. Makes no sense at this point. I do find it sicking. JMO

I think it's possible to be a serial cheater who lies to his wife and sexts with teenagers and yet be incapable of murder. Just because he's capable of all the sexual stuff, doesn't mean he's capable of intentionally leaving his son to suffer and die in the most horrendous way. I don't think the sexting means he must be a psychopath who could murder his own child without batting an eyelid. I need more evidence to show that he is the kind of person capable of doing that, and I haven't seen it. The sexting evidence tells me that he's a cheat and a liar, but it doesn't tell me he's a psychopath or a murderer. :moo:

I'm trying to catch up.

I just want to say that I wish Leanna every happiness for her future. I hope she meets someone who will cherish her and put her first. She deserves to be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And I hope she has another healthy baby. Can you just imagine the love that baby would receive

Defense lawyer Maddox Kligore rises for re-direct.

Kilgore: Where do you live now?

Taylor says she lives in northern Alabama.

Kilgore: Do you mind telling people why you moved up there?

Taylor: I moved up there to be close to my new boyfriend.

Kilgore asks her about Harris.

Taylor: He ruined my life. He destroyed my life. I'm humiliated. I may never trust anyone again, because of the things he did. If I never seem him again after this day, that would be fine.

I was out for several hours today and unable to watch much of Leanna's testimony. I just watched Inside Edition during which this part of her testimony was shown. How sad that this young woman feels that her life has been destroyed and that she fears she might never trust anyone again :( I wish her well and hope she can find happiness with another man and perhaps have another child.

http://www.insideedition.com/headli...-harris-tears-him-apart-in-court-he-destroyed

That was HD Security Wesley Houston. His testimony has been impeached. [video=youtube;Cb3TZAWjsxE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb3TZAWjsxE&list=PLoW1SIeAWaWa1BHJdr_EpBGK-U_weQTFd&index=65[/video]

I watched. I did not see that he was impeached or that his testimony about Ross making an out of character statement to him that day, was proven to be untruthful. Maybe I missed something. All I saw was that he did not mention that statement to the detective on tape. So what? I doubt that would be the first thing he would say or think of when talking to the detective. That's a retrospect kind of thing. There was no successful impeachment that I saw and zero evidence that he was untruthful. IMO.

Well, of course, but the complete lack of any evidence of Ross being a bad parent before Cooper's death - that tends to indicate it was an accident and not a deliberate murder.

Seriously? I can't believe a lawyer truly believes that. So someone has to have evidence of being a bad parent to deliberately do something bad to a child? Does the same logic go towards husbands whose wives disappear? They seemed like a good husband and there is no evidence, does that indicate their wife just walked off? Priests who are accused of abusing children? No evidence he was a bad priest. That indicates they never touched a child? What about cops who are accused of lying on stand? There is no evidence Stoddard was ever anything but a good cop. You must be wrong about him, there was no evidence, so that indicates he was telling the truth.

I find that twisted logic disturbing, to be honest.

:facepalm:

I think it's possible to be a serial cheater who lies to his wife and sexts with teenagers and yet be incapable of murder. Just because he's capable of all the sexual stuff, doesn't mean he's capable of intentionally leaving his son to suffer and die in the most horrendous way. I don't think the sexting means he must be a psychopath who could murder his own child without batting an eyelid. I need more evidence to show that he is the kind of person capable of doing that, and I haven't seen it. The sexting evidence tells me that he's a cheat and a liar, but it doesn't tell me he's a psychopath or a murderer. :moo:

I agree. His own words that he has no conscience, however, those words give me pause. The thing is, there is often no evidence that someone is capable of doing something like this until they actually do it.

how can she possibility remember some document from 2009? especially since the last two years have been so terrible.

I agree. His own words that he has no conscience, however, those words give me pause. The thing is, there is often no evidence that someone is capable of doing something like this until they actually do it.

Right! His child never died in a car before, so he must not have done it.

Thinking it's possible Leanna wanted to testify as much for herself, or more, than any desire to help Ross.

She's been under suspicion from the day her baby died, and to gauge from some of what I've read here, I imagine she's had to contend regularly with people being extremely ugly to her. Like the incredibly vicious person who saw fit to leave a note for her on Cooper's grave telling her-- you never loved him.

And I very much think she knew the DT would give her a chance to tell Ross, in front of the world, what she couldn't until her part was done-- you ruined my life, humiliated me, and finally, I can leave you behind and never see you again.

Doubt very much Leanna will be there when he's sentenced

But the prosecution couldn't find even one person to testify that Ross was a bad father, or resented his son, or had a temper or a cruel or sadistic side, or missed being childfree. Not one person. He wasn't very good at covering up his other life as a sex addict and the prosecution have put forward plenty of evidence to show that he was sexting minors, but he covered up his murderous side so well that the prosecution couldn't find even one person to say they thought he was capable of murder? Not one person. Not even an ex-hookup to say that he once joked about commiting murder, or anything like that. Nothing.

No one was able to testify that OJ Simspon was murderous. Or casey anthony. Or scott peterson. Or hundreds of other criminals we have read about and watched who killed their children or spouses in cold-blooded ways. Heck, that even goes for some serial killers who had a wonderful veneer of normalcy. Nope. They can parade as many witnesses as they want to testify how loving Ross was. scott peterson is a saint if you believe what his defense witnesses stated. That doesn't impress me.

Is not being negligent the standard for a good father? And we will have to disagree on that anyway. I think we are at this trial BECAUSE of his negligence. I think sexting while your child lays next to you is the epitome of indifference and carelessness. Sexting instead of honestly doing your job to provide, is a deficiency in parenting and just being a decent human. Having affairs while on a FAMILY vacation. Repeatedly disrespecting his mother. Giving an example to his child that woman are for consumption. Spending money on prostitutes instead of saving or spending on the family. I can really go on and on. They might be willing to be in denial about these things, but their denial doesn't PROVE his priorities were his family. His priorities were himself. How anyone listening to this trial could think that he was "good" to Cooper, seriously boggles my mind. I don't care if he "loved" Cooper. His behavior and his priorities were not that of a good father, good husband, or good human.

JMO.

Thank you. I've said it before, but we're not dealing with a relatively good man with a few blips on his radar. We're talking about a serious pattern of behavior that went on for at six years. We're talking about a man who once he does not get what he wants, or sees something else he wants, decides to "forget" his previous commitments.

I expected the defense to do exactly what they did today - create a parade of witnesses that all say the same thing and try to control the narrative in the courtroom. The fact is, none of these witnesses (sadly, not even his ex-wife) was an expert on JRH. Nobody is because nobody really knew him. The defense sort of reinforced the fact that JRH showed one side of his personality to one set of people, and another to a different set of people (who are mostly teenagers, at least a few of them underage).

Thank you, Mimi.

Your welcome. There is something else on that thumb drive. I thinking it was LH or someone else Interview. Or something from HD area. I thinking they are going to bring some of the cops back for some reason. Rodriguez and Kilgore pulled Det Raissee over to side as he was leaving and were speaking with him. He along with Stockenger are who interviewed LH at Treehouse. Terrell Dudley hasn't testified. Not that I am aware of. He is who went with LH from LAA to Treehouse . Stockenger hasn't been called to testify yet either. JMHO there is still stuff that the Def needs/wants to bring about on the credibility of the investigation. That would go more to getting testimony towards the "fruit of the poisonous tree" acknowledgement in the record. :) like when Kilgore got Murphy to acknowledge about his mistake about the strap sitting.

Have you noticed, how Def has asked these witnesses has LEO contacted you. Defense is wanting to show they didn't do a thorough investigation. It was only limited into their theory. ... and the State saying Hello again nice to speak with you ... they haven't got in touch with any of these witnesses until early this year just prior to the first trial getting ready to start. Did LH frind Angie, did LEO ever contact her?

Dr Frist is on recall stand by. LOL the whole car seat is an issue. The measurements dont match up on AR report. Per ME Inv Jackson, Dr Frist called out the measurements, someone else wrote them down and no photos were taken of the measurements

**Cooper was 31 inches at his last well baby check up per Boring. I thinking my measurements fit better lol. The whole deal is about car seat. Whether RH could have seen Cooper head out the view of eye looking to the right, (NOT turning around like was saying to change lanes and got a glimpse of him) JMHO

No one was able to testify that OJ Simspon was murderous. Or casey anthony. Or scott peterson. Or hundreds of other criminals we have read about and watched who killed their children or spouses in cold-blooded ways. Heck, that even goes for some serial killers who had a wonderful veneer of normalcy. Nope. They can parade as many witnesses as they want to testify how loving Ross was. scott peterson is a saint if you believe what his defense witnesses stated. That doesn't impress me.

I'd like to add Gary Ridgeway to that list.

He was well known in the community, perceived to be a kind and loving father, married three times, each wife without a clue as to who he really was.

He killed for at least a couple of decades. His body count may be as high as 72.

Maybe that's code for cheating spouses, ( since iirc, that's who he was sexting with), meaning, hey babe.. you're good to get down, right?

Seriously, the logic escapes me of disbelieving everything Ross says except for what he texts perfect strangers, online, in a search for sexual gratification.

Maybe. Strrrreeeeeetttttttttccccchhhhh. But I think what he said to perfect strangers on "whisper" and other apps meant for people to reveal their dirtiest secrets and deepest desires, is about as truthful and un-self-serving as we are going to get from that guy.

bbm
Maybe, "Destroyed my life" covered that?

Like I said, I was sad she never mentioned Cooper at this point.

Twice she said he destroyed her life, neither of those times were her baby mentioned. Yes I do believe Cooper was included in the destruction of her life. She didn't expanded on it, but emphasised her humiliation and fear of trusting anyone again in her life - she's talking about a man there, obviously.

I have not bashed her on the stand.

This trial is about justice for Cooper - her son - unless I'm missing something.

The DT knew early on that they had 2 separate issues and just how difficult it would be to keep the boundary lines separated. When, in fact, they remain 2 separate issues. The first is Did Ross intentionly leave CH in the car to die. The DT has had to present many witnesses to testify to daily life and love RH shared with CH. The second issue is RH second lifestyle of infidelity. The DT knew the hurdle to keep both issues separate. Probably a near impossible feat. Had RH not been a philanderer, and jury saw RH daily interactions testified to, and Stoddard not been so creative, we probably wouldn't be watching this trial. But because LE brought charges before doing any research, LE has had to work back to front, rather than the normal, front to back, to support allegations of being consistent neglectful, murderous parents. I can't really blame LH's family for being defensive. LH has been portrayed with false facts to be a liar and potential complicit murderer with zero supporting facts (other than how she acts or the words she has chosen). There remains the battle of separating the 2 issues. I see RH guilty of neglect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
|lighthouse|