UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Counter Revolutionary Warfare is still the same, regardless of what decade. The PIRA had people operating on the mainland and performing operations. There is no difference.

As they (famously) put it "We only have to get lucky once, you have to be lucky all the time".

EDIT. They were "easier" to track, as predominantly they came from Northern Ireland or the Republic.
They were into "the spectacular" as is proven.
Whereas, the worry here is 1. Lone Wolf operations 2. kidnap and hold (the PIRA liked to get it over with as in the railway station shooting, which is about "similar").

Do you think a Lone Wolf would be able to overpower a strong young man and then keep him hidden giving away no clues at all. We don't have the vast uninhabited areas that would make this more likely in the US imo.

Do you think a Lone Wolf would be able to overpower a strong young man and then keep him hidden giving away no clues at all. We don't have the vast uninhabited areas that would make this more likely in the US imo.
No a lone wolf would not. A wolf pack could

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Interesting that they are still stressing the need to check outbuildings, are they covering alll thier bases or do they really think he's still somewhere in BSE?
Aren't they on record as saying he's not still in BSE

This is based on the assumption that police believe Corrie got in/was put in a vehicle and came to a bad end.

If the police have a huge amount of cctv evidence they would then be able to prove that Corrie didn't leave BSE on foot. If they only go on the evidence that a certain vehicle was in the area and Barton Mills at the same time it might not be enough to arrest/press charges/convict.

Right now I can't think of a suitable ruse to get Corrie willingly in a vehicle that ends up going to Barton Mills instead of Honington, which would mean it might not have been willing, or it was only the phone that went to Barton Mills. It just seems odd for both phone and owner to go missing on the same night, separately. If the phone isn't in bushes around the location of the last ping, then maybe it wasn't thrown out of a car window. Even if the phone had been run over by a car, the trained searchers should have been able to find the broken pieces by the side of the road.

I'm starting to think that whatever happened is something no one has yet conjectured?

This is where 'character defects' are identified prior to application to join the services. Gambling and homosexuality were (are?) but a few.

This is based on the assumption that police believe Corrie got in/was put in a vehicle and came to a bad end.

If the police have a huge amount of cctv evidence they would then be able to prove that Corrie didn't leave BSE on foot. If they only go on the evidence that a certain vehicle was in the area and Barton Mills at the same time it might not be enough to arrest/press charges/convict.

But if they could find cars that match those times/locations then they could run the numberplate for the owner, and then look up the owner....and then they can go from there.

I've been thinking. Picking up on suggestions by others that if Islamic terrorists are involved they might be planning something spectacular for Remembrance Sunday: to have abducted Corrie for such a purpose, they would have to keep him confined for almost 7 weeks. I'm guessing that in this case, Corrie would have worked out that they planned to kill him and would have made every effort to escape or die in the attempt.

I also think it would be a very long time for there to be no "chatter" in the chat rooms and suchlike that are monitored by the security services. 7 weeks is a long time for any group, especially Islamaloons and their supporters, to keep completely quiet about something that would be as big as this.

The other thing that comes to mind is that while Corrie, simply as a serving UK military man, would be sufficient a prize for Islamic terrorists, he is too junior to really be of interest to, eg, the Russians or Chinese. However, he might be a suitable target for a dry run with a view to (a) obsereving the reaction of the UK authorities, especially the military ones, and (b) learning from this for a future attempt on someone rather more senior.

Right now I can't think of a suitable ruse to get Corrie willingly in a vehicle that ends up going to Barton Mills instead of Honington, which would mean it might not have been willing, or it was only the phone that went to Barton Mills. It just seems odd for both phone and owner to go missing on the same night, separately. If the phone isn't in bushes around the location of the last ping, then maybe it wasn't thrown out of a car window. Even if the phone had been run over by a car, the trained searchers should have been able to find the broken pieces by the side of the road.

I'm starting to think that whatever happened is something no one has yet conjectured?

I can only suggest that he made prior arrangements with someone from the Barton Mills area. We know he had American friends from the USAF airbase nearby. That's incentive enough if you've been 'ejected' from the nightclub early and you're hell bent on enjoying the night's frivolities.
The mobile phone however is another matter. I'm beginning to form the opinion now that with limited 'truths', the ejection from the nightclub earlier in the evening set off a chain of events that were followed by Corrie...ie, loses phone within the bin system prior to his pre arranged lift, follows bin lorry, decides it's a fruitless exercise, enjoys the (?), met his demise.

But if they could find cars that match those times/locations then they could run the numberplate for the owner, and then look up the owner....and then they can go from there.

Provided that the number plate isn't false.

I've been thinking. Picking up on suggestions by others that if Islamic terrorists are involved they might be planning something spectacular for Remembrance Sunday: to have abducted Corrie for such a purpose, they would have to keep him confined for almost 7 weeks. I'm guessing that in this case, Corrie would have worked out that they planned to kill him and would have made every effort to escape or die in the attempt.

I also think it would be a very long time for there to be no "chatter" in the chat rooms and suchlike that are monitored by the security services. 7 weeks is a long time for any group, especially Islamaloons and their supporters, to keep completely quiet about something that would be as big as this.

The other thing that comes to mind is that while Corrie, simply as a serving UK military man, would be sufficient a prize for Islamic terrorists, he is too junior to really be of interest to, eg, the Russians or Chinese. However, he might be a suitable target for a dry run with a view to (a) obsereving the reaction of the UK authorities, especially the military ones, and (b) learning from this for a future attempt on someone rather more senior.
Hence there D notice

I think it is a "local crime".
And as such, conducted by someone "local ish".

An "radical hit squad", whilst must be kept in mind (only due to Corrie's employment), would seem less likely.

There are some "key stats" wherein a victims body is moved.
I have had this discussion with a poster before....and some points that they raised are particularly valued.

I said, it is possible that an attack happened "there" and possibly it was fatal.
Whereas their point was, it was less likely.
(This discussion revolved about the likelihood of a person moving a body after a fatal altercation)

My thoughts are, "it is still open to speculation whether or not Corrie planned to meet someone or not".

It would appear that "all CCTV that is available", has NOT been looked through by the police.
I can only assume that the resources available are specific to a Missing Person enquiry, not a "Possible Murder Investigation".

His family was worried as he'd not called them on Saturday or Sunday.
He's 23 and close to his mum.

I live overseas...and I still call my mum over the weekend. Do you not call your mum ?

Hello all, I am new here. Just wanted to say Hello.

I am baffled. Completely baffled by this disappearance. Ive been following it closely like we all have here.

All I can say now is based on Corries very outgoing personality, and from bits and pieces I have heard from family (his brother said he is a 1 man Army), I think he is a very trusting guy, and would literally not think anyone was a weirdo. Because lets face it, theres plenty of weirdos out there.

His got to have gone with someone. There was no reason for him to wait around till 3am.

From his social accounts, on one of them it clearly states "he is waiting for your call".

Any crazy person can read it, see it, follow you on those accounts as they are not locked down or private. Theres plenty of comments from both men and women which he always has thanked them for.

I dunno, I think he arranged to meet someone for a bit of this and that. You can do it through message systems not traceable unless the phone is found, like whatsap etc.

I think he went willingly at first then something went wrong and its 1 person that knows. If they are the only one that knows then, well..... Maybe it will be unsolved...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member