SC - KB, 30, (alive) & Charlie Carver, 32, (dec'd) Anderson, 31 Aug 2016 *Arrest* #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds to me that he had plans to build a shooting range. The berms keep bullets from traveling across the property at random (in essence, they stop the bullets), and the tunnel system could well be just dug-out paths to move around any targets without being in the line of fire.

Or he's got a bit of a survivalist thing going on. The berms provide privacy for those trying to look in and provides protection for those looking out. The tunnels could be for escape routes. They said they found weapons and ammunition. Based on what's happened today ANYTHING could be in play now.

Someone posted this link and now I can't find who posted it to give credit, anyway here is a press conference video via the Greenville News: https://www.facebook.com/greenvilleonline/videos/10154641769015768/
Summary:
The first thing he said is they found Charlie's car.
They have not found any bodies yet. K told them there could be 4 bodies buried on the property.
They are not limiting where they search on the 95 acres. They will see where the evidence leads.
Car was NOT burned.
They are letting K recuperate before questioning her further.
The suspect is NOT cooperating.
They have no evidence Charlie is dead or alive or where he is.
He can't talk about any evidence found yet in the car or property.
Deputies will be guarding the property tonight to preserve evidence. Do NOT trespass, you may destroy evidence.
People have been volunteering and are praying and he appreciates all the offers of help.
Let the LE co-ordinate the effort. There may be some traps, possibly bear traps, on the property so please stay away.

Thank you. I haven't had a chance to post. I listened on my at home and took from it what you did.

The woman "regularly seen on the property during this time" caught my ear too. Along with someone asking if anything inside the car lead them to believe if CDC is alive or deceased. He said he doesn't want to speculate on any outcome (not his exact words) but....the way he said it makes me think that they may have found evidence in the car that would make them believe he was hurt but they want to keep searching as though he is alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New to this thread. Let me see if I have all the facts: KB was found today in a shipping container. The property belongs to a sex offender. There were suspicions that Charlie's ex wife was stalking K and posting on Charlie's Facebook.

Without reading the whole thread, my first thought is that the ex-wife and sex offender are linked; she convinced him to kidnap the two as revenge for their new relationship; Charlie is probably dead; the ex was trying to make Charlie appear alive and look like Charlie kidnapped K, by posting odd things on his FB.

What do you all think?

WTF??? This poor woman!!! (My first reaction after coming here after several weeks so I know nothing, but still.......!!!!! WTF???)

HLN right now has a lot more info. Saying the car was on his property but was deliberately hidden.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

New to this thread. Let me see if I have all the facts: K Brown was found today in a shipping container. The property belongs to a sex offender. There were suspicions that Charlie's ex wife was stalking K and posting on Charlie's Facebook.

Without reading the whole thread, my first thought is that the ex-wife and sex offender are linked; she convinced him to kidnap the two as revenge for their new relationship; Charlie is probably dead; the ex was trying to make Charlie appear alive and look like Charlie kidnapped K, by posting odd things on his FB.

What do you all think?
I don't think she is involved, because this monster isn't on his first rodeo. If someone else is involved, I would bet it's another man. This guy seems to like control. And he cannot control a jealous ex, IMO. I'm just surprised he was dumb enough to think he could get away with anything if their cell phones were near his property.

HLN right now has a lot more info. Saying the car was on his property but was deliberately hidden.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I did hear him say on the press conference it was hidden in the trees. I can't link it because I saw it on FB from my phone. But it's the last press conf someone posted here with a recap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think she is involved, because this monster isn't on his first rodeo. If someone else is involved, I would bet it's another man. This guy seems to like control. And he cannot control a jealous ex, IMO. I'm just surprised he was dumb enough to think he could get away with anything if their cell phones were near his property.

Do you think that the kidnapper took Charlie's phone and was posting? The phone could have been unlocked with no password.

Do you think that the kidnapper took Charlie's phone and was posting? The phone could have been unlocked with no password.

It wouldn't be too hard to get someones password in a kidnap situation. I'd give mine in a heartbeat if it meant myself or my partner didn't get hurt.

Bed time (1am) now, hoping to wake up to good news about Charlie tomorrow.

http://heavy.com/news/2016/11/todd-kohlhepp-kala-brown-charles-carver-tka-real-estate/

Heavy reporting a bad review on Todd's real estate business:

Todd Kohlhepp was absolutely useless in trying to sell my home. He took advantage of the fact that I lived out of state and hired a contractor on my behalf, who stole over $10,000 from me and never completed the work.
Todd knew Hunter Henry (the contractor) didn’t do the work and yet Todd gave him my $10,000. After all that and Todd sent me threatening emails and physical threats. He is a menace and a thief!

I've never thought the ex had anything to do with it. In fact the obsession with the ex seems to have detracted from looking at the guy she was working for-- which I never heard about until today. I'm hoping LE was purposely sitting on this info about this guy employing her...as they were tracking him...as I'm still dumbfounded we never heard she was working.

Well this answered my question and he slipped right through the cracks
SC Labor, Licensing and Regulation says Kohlhepp is listed as “broker in charge” at TKA Real Estate and TKA Real Estate Greenville.

We talked with Wyatt Real Estate School and they say the law requiring criminal background checks for realtors passed just two years ago.

The license lasts two years and his expires in 2017.

However, anyone with a license before the law passed doesn’t have to go through a background check.

http://wspa.com/2016/11/03/what-we-know-about-the-man-in-custody-in-woodruff-kidnapping/

This article states K recently went to work for this man cleaning homes he owned in his real estate business.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/11/03/missing-woman-found-alive-chained/93249054/

"Anderson Police Chief Jim Stewart said more than a dozen search warrants were issued in their investigation into the couple's disappearance. "We got computer and cellphone records that ultimately led us to the area in Woodruff," he said. "We knew that was the last place that a cellphone tied to this case pinged.""

I'm just shocked. It's absolutely insane. It's really crazy. I do wonder how many other people are all over the world being held hostage.
This is smaller than finding a needle in a haystack. Wow
I hope they find the boyfriend, however I seriously doubt he's alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle