SC - KB, 30, (alive) & Charlie Carver, 32, (dec'd) Anderson, 31 Aug 2016 *Arrest* #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm utterly lost about these other unnamed SM websites being mentioned. Can someone fill me in?

I read one article that quoted another realtor from the area, who said this came as a shock to him because he'd always known TK to be professional and friendly. I can't imagine how crazy it must feel to know you've had a working relationship with someone, who seemed perfectly normal and like every other Joe Schmo realtor in the area, and then find out the guy is responsible for the kidnapping of a young woman he's held captive for months in a freaking locked and chained metal storage container! I don't know if I could ever trust my judgement or instincts ever again.

I know that psychopaths can easily hide their true self in society, and many are even described as charming people, but something like that would still rattle the hell out of me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.facebook.com/CodyAlcornNews/photos/p.10154022799328193/10154022799328193/?type=3&theater

attachment.php

From TK's prior rape charge.

Cody Alcorn is with Fox Carolina News.

This is probably one of the most disturbing things I've read about a person. So he's been "bad" since nursery school? I have no words really.

I fear for what K has been through. Healing thoughts tonight for K.

So how exactly was a guy like this able to attend college and get a real estate license? The trust that goes into meeting a stranger at a vacant property is undeniably a reason to have criminal background checks completed for jobs such as these. I hope the law gets changed on those licensees that have been grandfathered in.
It has probably taken law enforcement quite some time to build a case on this guy. He is obviously highly intelligent and has some major psychological issues. Certainly pointing toward serial killer. IMO

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

That is one creepy quote. It's as if he was expecting to see himself on the news, and was smiling when he realized he was getting away with kidnapping. Gross.

And that was in April before K and Charlie went missing. So who had he kidnapped before April? Just speculating/wondering...

We need to find his usernames. He must be out there beyond facebook.

This is so insane. It's crazy to think how many missing persons cases we all follow and we tend to gravitate towards the most plausible and probable scenarios...and then you get a case breaking open like this that just blows Occams Razor to pieces.

Todd was 15 during the first rape. Does anyone know why the records appear to be open? I thought anything involving a juvenile was sealed (although I'm glad in this case that it wasn't.)

Todd was 15 during the first rape. Does anyone know why the records appear to be open? I thought anything involving a juvenile was sealed (although I'm glad in this case that it wasn't.)

I am surprised, as well.

SC has lax laws. They just started requiring criminal checks within past 2 years which is incredible. Most states have been fingerprinting and doing background checks for many years. How they didn't check the RSO list shocks me.

So how exactly was a guy like this able to attend college and get a real estate license? The trust that goes into meeting a stranger at a vacant property is undeniably a reason to have criminal background checks completed for jobs such as these. I hope the law gets changed on those licensees that have been grandfathered in.
It has probably taken law enforcement quite some time to build a case on this guy. He is obviously highly intelligent and has some major psychological issues. Certainly pointing toward serial killer. IMO

Found this:
Some states limit the types of offenses that can be expunged from a juvenile record. Some states don't allow people to expunge serious juvenile offenses, such as a violation that would be a felony in adult criminal court. Subsequent arrests or convictions.

ETA: IMO it was the nature of his crime that allowed the courts to keep it on record.

Wow. This guy is starting to look like a potential James Worley. As a RSO - would his DNA already be in CODIS?

This is shocking. I was really expecting their car to be found in woods or water, but this? Horrifying. I'm so glad she was saved, and I so hope they find CDC soon. His poor family.

The doing work/moving around of stuff reminds me of the Holly Grim case where we've learned her murderer moved her around his expanse of property and mentioned "doing work" around the property as a guise to hide it, basically. Not that this would have helped in Holly's case, but perhaps LE in missing person cases should look for RSOs with multiple properties? I doubt there's a database for that but it seems like such a red flag, especially if the RSO is at high risk of reoffending.

This is shocking. I was really expecting their car to be found in woods or water, but this? Horrifying. I'm so glad she was saved, and I so hope they find CDC soon. His poor family.

The doing work/moving around of stuff reminds me of the Holly Grim case where we've learned her murderer moved her around his expanse of property and mentioned "doing work" around the property as a guise to hide it, basically. Not that this would have helped in Holly's case, but perhaps LE in missing person cases should look for RSOs with multiple properties? I doubt there's a database for that but it seems like such a red flag, especially if the RSO is at high risk of reoffending.

Todd seems like he was obsessed with digging, landscaping, and moving rocks.

I'm utterly lost about these other unnamed SM websites being mentioned. Can someone fill me in?

I read one article that quoted another realtor from the area, who said this came as a shock to him because he'd always known TK to be professional and friendly. I can't imagine how crazy it must feel to know you've had a working relationship with someone, who seemed perfectly normal and like every other Joe Schmo realtor in the area, and then find out the guy is responsible for the kidnapping of a young woman he's held captive for months in a freaking locked and chained metal storage container! I don't know if I could ever trust my judgement or instincts ever again.

I know that psychopaths can easily hide their true self in society, and many are even described as charming people, but something like that would still rattle the hell out of me.

This happened in our family. My uncle was an upstanding citizen and Dean at church. He and his wife volunteered and were always friendly and cordial.
He was always the family photographer at our family gatherings.
One day he was taken into FBI holding and found to be a paedophile of the largest degree. He was part of a very large ring which quickly got taken down after his arrest. He was caught because he didn't pay his storage fee after his mother died and he was no longer receiving her checks. There were 1000's of photos of him with children. He got 10 years and is out and about in the Memphis, TN area. Our family was completely taken aback. Bizarre world out there.

I just saw he liked a photo of KB on her FB from way back on 8/30/15. Not a FB friend though.

You can't like her pictures unless you're a friend. So he must have been a friend at some point. Maybe he deleted her as a friend to take the heat off himself? But he forgot to unlike that picture.

You can't like her pictures unless you're a friend. So he must have been a friend at some point. Maybe he deleted her as a friend to take the heat off himself? But he forgot to unlike that picture.

You can like people's pics even if you are not friends with them. Its a setting on FB.

I have people liking my photos that are not friends. It depends on your settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie