SC - KB, 30, (alive) & Charlie Carver, 32, (dec'd) Anderson, 31 Aug 2016 *Arrest* #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her settings are not like that. I can see her page and the like option is not available since we are not friends. Todd would have had to be a friend to like the photo.

One can set the option to allow "friends of a friend" to see and like pictures on FB. They would have to have a mutual friend in common.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One can set the option to allow "friends of a friend" to see and like pictures on FB. They would have to have a mutual friend in common.

I almost wish people wouldn't unfriend him so we could get all relevant information about his social media habits

They said that pings of cellphone and laptop IPs came from his property, they found that a RSO owns the land so they went and investigated. I also heard they were there to investigate odd behavior reported by others. So I'm not sure what exactly brought them there. The sheriff was on HLN tonight and said good police work got them to her.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

BBM. I'm sorry but this is not something LE should be patting themselves on the back for. They are so lucky she was found alive. I get that resources are limited, but 2+ months to get pings and IP addresses is unacceptable, especially considering the red flags that LE were well aware of early on. I'm so thankful KB is still alive, but just peeved that LE is basically congratulating themselves after dragging their feet.

I'm so shocked and heartbroken to hear this news today, although relieved to hear that KB was found alive.
Praying that KB gets whatever help is needed and that CDC is found soon.
This is not the outcome I had expected. 😢

Unbelievable. This is too close to me. Just catching up...but I believe that April 17th post is important. It is too similar to the Aug 31st post. I think we need to look around that time for missing people.

i've checked okcupid for a few of the key parties, and didn't find much--just an idea if anyone else wants to try dating apps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Missing around April 17th:

TS

Went missing April 14th 2016, in Rutherford County, NC. Looks like she went missing once last year too. No records of being found after April 14th.

Edited: based on some social media posts, this girl was found safe and is doing much better.

i've checked okcupid for a few of the key parties, and didn't find much--just an idea if anyone else wants to try dating apps

It's late, and I'm exhausted and yet can't sleep (so on WS, a bad combo).

And so I had to read this several times because I thought you meant "key parties" like what swingers purportedly did back in the 70s.

Please remember, when blasting Police for "shoddy" police work, this is the real world, and not CSI or Criminal Minds. There are laws and rules that have to be followed in order to obtain warrants, and those take time. Plus, once warrants are served on companies, you have corporate lawyers who review said warrants, then review requested information, all before information from entities like FB, Phone companies, Internet Providers, etc. actually release information back to LE, then they have to go through all that information. ITs not a one and done, 24 hour turn around kind of thing. This is weeks and weeks of hard work. Just some food for though.

I just saw that CDC and NN moved to Greenville in December 2012. i can see from his YouTube that Kohlhepp was doing real estate there at the time. And is that where he moved from to live with Kala? (Source: the other site that should remain private)

Missing around April 17th:

Taylor Stiles http://wspa.com/2016/04/15/help-find-missing-teen-taylor-stiles-in-rutherford-co/

Went missing April 14th 2016, in Rutherford County, NC. Looks like she went missing once last year too. No records of being found after April 14th.

This article was updated May 13, 2016 and she was still missing: http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/31738811/rutherford-co-deputies-search-for-runaway-teen

I can't find anything else about her. No Namus, no WS thread :(

For reference, April 14th was a Thursday, the 17th was a Sunday.

This sounds similar to the Charles Ng/Leonard Lake kidnappings/murders in Calaveras County (Northern California) in the early 1980s. They also videotaped their victims. It is always terrifying to think that two evil people can find each other. Wonder if there is more than one person involved in this.

So I'm trying not to get upset but the friend is quoted as saying KB was working for this guy weeks before she disappeared. Did anyone else see this anywhere prior? I'm hoping police were just keeping this close to them or the friend never told LE...which would be horrible.

My heart literally breaks for KB. I just can't imagine.

Edited previous comment. TS was found safely at some point.

After two college degrees and 12 years involved with graphic design/marketing for several large firms, became involved with Real Estate, quickly becoming the top agent in the company for multiple years. Took this experiance and opened up TKA Real Estate, which is currently the fastest growing real estate firm in the upstate, providing 4 times the marketing than any other firm locally.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/todd-kohlhepp-90810011?authType=name&authToken=ufrY

Edited previous comment. TS was found safely at some point.

After April 14 2016? Do you have a link? I found that she was found when she went missing the first time in 2015. But then she went missing again. I hope she was found safe again.

Wow! WOW!! I'm just now catching up (well trying to). This is unbelievable! :scared:

I'm very glad Kala has been found alive. But where is David? Did this nutcase kill him?

OMG this is ... I'm speechless ... chained for two months? What a sick ! I hope she will recover from this ordeal.

And that was in April before K and Charlie went missing. So who had he kidnapped before April? Just speculating/wondering...

I think he made a similar quote around the time the news reports of K's disappearance broke. It was basically something about his trash being picked up early in the AM and that if that sounded boring it was way more interesting than what was on the news that day.

So yeah, I would definitely look at any disappearance stories that broke in April.

I have to respectfully disagree. We have no idea what LE was doing, investigating, try to get warrants for - behind the scenes. These kinds of tragic crimes don't play out like a 1 hour episode of Criminal Minds. It's entirely possible that behind the scenes and totally unbeknownst to us, they taking the proper legal and procedural steps to get warrants for Facebook to give up the IP address of the person posting from Carver's FB acct. These things take time, often a lot of time. But just speculating here ....maybe they were finally able to obtain the IP address of the computer/device making those fake FB posts, then had to continue to investigate whether they were posted with a computer or device (smart phone)....then do whatever was necessary if confirmed they came from a phone to determine who that phone belonged to, then ping that phone, etc. There is SO much that goes on behind the scenes that the general public has no clue about. Even when LE has a lead they have to follow proper steps and protocols to obtain more info on that lead such that should it pan out and the case goes to court that nothing gets thrown out. It's not fair to blast LE based only on what is made known to us. And for all we know maybe they were aware that KB had recently began working for TK prior to her disappearance but they had reason not to divulge such info. Maybe they did speak with him long ago but clearly the guy's a sharp cookie, and they didn't have enough to get a search warrant to search him/his property/arrest him. There's just so much that we don't know.

BBM. I'm sorry but this is not something LE should be patting themselves on the back for. They are so lucky she was found alive. I get that resources are limited, but 2+ months to get pings and IP addresses is unacceptable, especially considering the red flags that LE were well aware of early on. I'm so thankful KB is still alive, but just peeved that LE is basically congratulating themselves after dragging their feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea