SC - KB, 30, (alive) & Charlie Carver, 32, (dec'd) Anderson, 31 Aug 2016 *Arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take no issue with the neighbors. I was shocked they knew he was a sex offender is all. I already addressed this in another post. Please don't think I was bashing the neighbors.

I mean even if you know someone's a sex offender, the understanding is that justice has already been served, so there's not much you can do... and ordinary people around him who knew his record probably didn't have the ability or the curiosity to look around his property. this is a rare (?) case where that might have helped. it could have been dangerous, though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I also wonder about this. He seemed to have quite a bit of money. Was he really that successful in real estate? I find that hard to believe simply due to how creepy he was on social media! Realtors I know put forth a different type of.....face....to the public on social media. If I were a potential customer, one look at his FB page would have caused me to run fast the opposite direction. I just can't imagine he did all that well. But what do I know? LOL
TK owned a real estate company. Therefore, even if he was absolutely AWFUL at being an agent, he could make money from the other agents.

He also offered...im forgetting what the name is, so I will say "property managing", such as helping people to rent out their properties to others, and being kind of like a landlord where he would copy keys *shudder* and collect rent and etc.

From research and IMO, Many if not most sexual predators and serial killers cross the threshold from fantasy to dark reality around the age of 14. Kohlhepp is no exception, imo.

Who is Todd Christopher Kohlhepp?
http://wspa.com/2016/11/03/what-we-know-about-the-man-in-custody-in-woodruff-kidnapping/
<snipped & BBM>

Kohlhepp is a registered sex offender in SC.

The registry says he is a Juvenile Tier III type offender for a 10/16/1987 conviction in AZ for Kidnapping.

According to court records, Kohlhepp kidnapped and sexually assaulted a 14-year-old girl.

He was 15-years-old at the time of the crime.

And to add to this, I think everyone needs to fully understand that this was a violent crime. It wasn't a daddy mad about his little girl fooling around some boy and filing statutory rape charges. This "encounter" was not in ANY way consensual!! It was a rape in every sense of the word. A lot of times people see that someone was charged with sex crime as a teen for having sex with another teen and tend to write it off as pissed off parents getting involved. This was NOT NOT NOT the case here!

Mike McCormickVerified account &#8207;@MikeMcCWYFF 12m12 minutes ago
Magistrate denied bond on kidnapping charge for Todd Kohlhepp. Circuit court judge will have to decide on bond.

Mike McCormickVerified account &#8207;@MikeMcCWYFF 8m8 minutes ago
Solicitor on Todd Kohlhepp: "Very dangerous individual."
Confident at least one murder warrant coming.

Mike McCormickVerified account &#8207;@MikeMcCWYFF 6m6 minutes ago
Solicitor on Todd Kohlhepp: Numerous guns found on his "compound" in Woodruff... "unbelievable how much ammo he had in his buildings."

Mike McCormickVerified account &#8207;@MikeMcCWYFF 2m2 minutes ago
Spartanburg Association of Realtors releases statement following arrest of Todd Kohlhepp:

CwcFCPhVEAAG-8u.jpg

CwcFCPiVEAIM9nW.jpg

https://twitter.com/MikeMcCWYFF

TK owned a real estate company. Therefore, even if he was absolutely AWFUL at being an agent, he could make money from the other agents.

He also offered...im forgetting what the name is, so I will say "property managing", such as helping people to rent out their properties to others, and being kind of like a landlord where he would copy keys *shudder* and collect rent and etc.

Probably so. And I had not taken the property management into consideration. I guess I don't understand the laws in his state. With his past, I am just shocked that he was able to even get the realtors license, much less be a broker!!

He probably has many victims all these years, I don't think he just started doing this

Nope, I certainly don't think this was his first time by any means. I think this guy has a long-standing history of weirdness. I believe the cops are just barely touching the tip of the iceberg here. There's much more to come, I'm afraid.

Probably so. And I had not taken the property management into consideration. I guess I don't understand the laws in his state. With his past, I am just shocked that he was able to even get the realtors license, much less be a broker!!
Yes, I totally agree! In the other thread, someone explained that the law for background checks was just coming into affect and isnt retroactive, so he didnt have to have one apparently (maybe i'm remembering wrong. I dont know if you saw that.

On his real estate page, he lists all the things involved with the property management, and it is clear that he js the one who personally takes care of this, not someone else. How many womens keys does he have. A lot of people dodged a HUGE bullet.

And to add to this, I think everyone needs to fully understand that this was a violent crime. It wasn't a daddy mad about his little girl fooling around some boy and filing statutory rape charges. This "encounter" was not in ANY way consensual!! It was a rape in every sense of the word. A lot of times people see that someone was charged with sex crime as a teen for having sex with another teen and tend to write it off as pissed off parents getting involved. This was NOT NOT NOT the case here!

I'm quoting myself here, but we've talked about neighbors being advised he was a sex offender....maybe this is what they thought? Maybe they just wrote it off as some youthful fling with a girl and they got caught by a mad mom and dad? Or peeing behind a dumpster and being charged with indecent exposure? After all, he was "just 15".

Poor Charlie! It's the outcome we all dreaded. My deepest sympathies for the family. I hope Todd suffers in prison.

I agree. Extremely odd...He seemed so bothered by the 'bills' coming. I understand we all dread bills, but the amount of times he brought this up was bizarre to me.

Yes it is bizarre. He had themes throughout his online ranting, which I believe show obsession that is part of his psychosis. Bills, the backhoe, pests on his property, nasty women, getting annoyed with people. Very condescending, narcissistic, paranoid, etc.

It looks spray painted to me to hide it

It's possible it could be another victim's car. Regardless, I wonder if he tried to bury the car in one of the holes he dug, and that's why the front end is smashed. He might have just let the car roll into the hole.

TK probably is up to his eyeballs in debt and faking the successful lifestyle, maybe barely holding it together.

I think that too- the obsession with bills.

I'm fairly certain he was posting about the mail man/bills coming because the mail man stressed him out. Like when you've got your hand in the cookie jar with your mom in the other room. He wasn't really stressed about "bills" but still wanted to post as part of his twisted game and/or to vent his frustrations.

That's an interesting interpretation. I think the property was so big that the mail man would not have seen anything. I think Todd really was stressed out by bills. But the mail coming could also be symbolic for something else, like he was afraid cops were coming. Everything with Todd has a taunting double meaning.

I also wonder about this. He seemed to have quite a bit of money. Was he really that successful in real estate? I find that hard to believe simply due to how creepy he was on social media! Realtors I know put forth a different type of.....face....to the public on social media. If I were a potential customer, one look at his FB page would have caused me to run fast the opposite direction. I just can't imagine he did all that well. But what do I know? LOL

I don't believe he was that successful. He made a comment to someone "I don't have that much money." Also, he was a loose cannon online, very mean to people, which couldn't have done much to drum up business. He supposedly had a BMW. I would be willing to bet that he lived beyond his means.

http://wspa.com/2016/11/04/coroner-called-to-scene-where-kala-brown-was-found-in-woodruff/

Updated 4 minutes ago: So did the coroner leave and return?
The Spartanburg Co. Coroner has been called back to the scene in Woodruff where a woman was found chained up in a storage unit Thursday. The coroner arrived on the property just before 11 a.m.

The hospital operator says KB has been released from the hospital, but a family friend said she is still in the hospital.
The friend says they are letting KB leave to get lunch, but she is still there.

I'm quoting myself here, but we've talked about neighbors being advised he was a sex offender....maybe this is what they thought? Maybe they just wrote it off as some youthful fling with a girl and they got caught by a mad mom and dad? Or peeing behind a dumpster and being charged with indecent exposure? After all, he was "just 15".

Very possible. That or they just decided to keep their eyes open, and mind their own business unless something bad happened, knowing they couldn't just call the cops because they didn't like the fact that he was a sex offender. Doesn't seem like the guy had ever done anything to alarm the neighbors, so their hands were tied.

I don't believe he was that successful. He made a comment to someone "I don't have that much money." Also, he was a loose cannon online, very mean to people, which couldn't have done much to drum up business. He supposedly had a BMW. I would be willing to bet that he lived beyond his means.

SBM. There was a BMW coupe taken from his home. A vid on Twitter showed one of the officers pulling it onto a rollback. I too believe he was living beyond his means.

Cody Alcorn, reporter for newstation has reported that a women has come forth to state that a year ago TK lured her to that area in Woodruff and she felt creeped out so she left, he'll be reporting on this on the 4pm news for that station.

I wonder if he has a plane?

I've wondered that too... BUT I suspect we would find pictures of it with inappropriate "joke" captions all over his FB page... (like how he plans to use his expensive plane to dump his mailman's dead body after he kills him for showing up with another bill and how that makes all the crazy money he spent on the plane worth it).

Daily Mail is reporting they have discovered a 2nd body, but the source is not exactly reliable, and I haven't found anyone else yet stating that.

Greenville Online is now reporting that she saw Kohlhepp shoot, kill boyfriend.
http://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...own-woodruff-anderson-todd-kohlhepp/93277076/

Does this remind anyone else of AH? I didn't even know about WS at the time but I followed her case from day 1 to the day she came home (just like here...). She was being held in a storage container on her captor's property. Is this more common than one might believe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46