Trial - Ross Harris #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now we've heard from both Ross and Leanna that it was their biggest fear. On tape. No lying by detectives. Their own words.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow... That is pretty incriminating.

Well this was before her meeting with Ross at the station where she pleaded with the police to release him "because he didn't do it on purpose" and when she asked Ross, "did you say to much" among a bunch of other shocking things to say. She also never asked to see her son, which I find VERY ODD. If any family member dies, I know I want to see for myself.

If you really think about her actions, her tone, and her speech in those few hours, I agree she should have been put under a spotlight.

What if that question to Ross was code for: "You didn't tell them we've been having marriage trouble, did you dumba$$?"
If they'd been arguing since May about divorce, custody, his slacking at his job, how much child support he'd be able to pay...she might be concerned they'd both be under even greater suspicion
JMO

Big argument coming up about the lesser included on the verdict form...:pillowfight:

I'm glad we got to hear the tape, Detective was spot on.

No questions from Leanna at all about Cooper, simply 'are you gonna tell me what happened'. When told, not even so much as a 'my poor baby'? Nah.

She lied on that stand about the detectives, he volunteered the info where Cooper was being taken, and where her beloved Ross was. Stockinger was nothing but kind to her.

Surprised at the poor finish by Kilgore.

Did Leanna say the guy just on the stand was mean to her? I thought she was talking about Stoddard.

Did Kilgore walk out? I don't see him at the defense table.

The evidence that MOST shook up and scared the DT was the doll in the car seat, when the jurors went and looked at the car. I think that was devastating. Especially if it was true they were crying. So Kilgore desperately wants to prove to them that the doll was way bigger than little Cooper. But I think this rebuttal witness did his job on that one.

The doll wasn't in the car when they looked, correct?

So I don't get something. DT brought it up on cross. They asked if this witness knew what position cooper was sitting in. Whether it was hunched down of sitting straight and tall. It's been a little while for me, but I believe cooper was in a 5pt harness. In a 5pt harness they can't slouch down and have to sit tall and straight because there are buckles and straps holding them in tight....am I crazy wondering how this is even an issue considering the seat ?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

This isn't 100% true. Mostly correct but it depends on where the straps are raised on top and how tight everything is buckled up.

What little sympathy I had left for LH just dried up.

Is it my imagination or does it seem like she only cries when she's being asked to answer a question? You know, like JRH only breaks down and cries when he's worried about what people will think of him. The only time she cried or showed emotion was when Stottinger was asking her questions.

I also remember one of their friends testifying that LH and JRH only got pregnant because all their other friends got pregnant. I have a hard time believing LH testifying that she would be upset when she didn't get pregnant, but was nothing but calm when told her firstborn son passed away.

I'm having a hard time seeing how her behavior is NOT suspect.

Big argument coming up about the lesser included on the verdict form...:pillowfight:

Has it been said what the lesser included charges are? Is it the charges we already know about?

oh wow. On Courtchatter someone just said they were RH cousin. Interesting.

So I don't get something. DT brought it up on cross. They asked if this witness knew what position cooper was sitting in. Whether it was hunched down of sitting straight and tall. It's been a little while for me, but I believe cooper was in a 5pt harness. In a 5pt harness they can't slouch down and have to sit tall and straight because there are buckles and straps holding them in tight....am I crazy wondering how this is even an issue considering the seat ?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

That's exactly what I was thinking. When buckling my 18 mo granddaughter into her rear facing seat---no choice for her in 'how' she is sitting. Her bottom on the seat and then strapped in tight. No other options for her to 'sit' in any other way.

Well, that was a very good final witness ( on rebuttal)..cleared up a few points of contention by the DT> I guess I can say now "I told you so" regarding Dr. D. not going to testify as well as why Ross wouldn't be testifying :blushing:

Anyway, did this final witness actually explain how he did the measurements? I'm only aware the circumference + measuring from bridge of nose over top of head to nape of the neck. It's something I had to do on occasion :blushing: but never knew what they did with those measurements until now!

Guess, the court is going to hash out the instructions to the jury now..Closings on Monday..So be it~~ They will have the rest of Monday to deliberate and Tuesday morning...then sleep on it..and likely have verdict come Wednesday...Do you all think that's possible? I'd be shocked they come to a verdict sooner than that :thinking:

So now we've heard from both Ross and Leanna that it was their biggest fear. On tape. No lying by detectives. Their own words.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goes toward innocence IMO. No way a guilty person would say that.

Has it been said what the lesser included charges are? Is it the charges we already know about?

The judge is just citing numbers and I don't know what they represent.

Goes toward innocence IMO. No way a guilty person would say that.

But it looks really bad for the Criminal Negligence charge imo. If they talked about it a lot, worried it could happen, why no SIMPLE precautions taken?

What if that question to Ross was code for: "You didn't tell them we've been having marriage trouble, did you dumba$$?"
If they'd been arguing since May about divorce, custody, his slacking at his job, how much child support he'd be able to pay...she might be concerned they'd both be under even greater suspicion
JMO

Your post reminded me of something we talked about in one of the early threads. Cooper's obituary included this statement:

He was a happy baby. He loved to speak with anyone and made impacts on many people's lives in his short time. Cooper loved trucks and cars and often told them bye as we left parking lots. He had just learned the color red and as we passed red vehicles, he would tell his mommy and his daddy "bye red car, bye red truck."

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/tuscaloosa/obituary.aspx?pid=171490524#sthash.4hFGuiup.dpuf

Some of us wondered if Leanna purposely put that in - IOW was she trying to say something she felt she couldn't say directly? In the end I think we all decided it was just an obituary highlighting little Cooper's personality and had nothing to do with Ross forgetting him. But it had me scratching my head for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa