SC - KB, 30, (alive) & Charlie Carver, 32, (dec'd) Anderson, 31 Aug 2016 *Arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this remind anyone else of AH? I didn't even know about WS at the time but I followed her case from day 1 to the day she came home (just like here...). She was being held in a storage container on her captor's property. Is this more common than one might believe?

janthe, it seems that there is a silent epidemic of these type of cases. I could name off at least a half dozen that we have sleuthed on websleuths in just the last few years.. These were just the ones that were caught. This past July of 2016 in Fulton County Ohio, James D Worley abducted 24 yr old Sierah Jounkin. JDW had a hidden torture room in his barn which contained a freezer w/stool, shock collar, handcuffs/chains, etc. There has been complete silence since JDW was arrested and her remains located in a shallow grave. There is an unusually high number of missing women cold cases in the area going back decades. JDW, 57 years old when arrested, like Kohlhepp had served prison time for an abduction attempt in 1990. After release from prison he told his court ordered therapist that he would bury his next victim.

Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #8 *Arrest*
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ghin-20-Fulton-County-19-July-2016-8-*Arrest*

What we know about Todd Kohlhepp, accused kidnapper of KB
http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/33...tion-reveals-insight-into-todd-kohlhepps-past

Nothing new to report. Coroner cannot identify the remains on site. Sherriff and coroner will not say the state of the remains or how the person was killed.

Just a side note, poor sherriff he wants to get back to work and the coroner is just standing there waiting for more questions lol.

Does this remind anyone else of AH? I didn't even know about WS at the time but I followed her case from day 1 to the day she came home (just like here...). She was being held in a storage container on her captor's property. Is this more common than one might believe?

Yes, but please can you edit your post and change her name to initials (or ask a mod to do it) AH was a minor and her identity is to be protected.

Didn't anyone ask the gender of the body found??

I missed the beginning of the press conference. Sherriff saying they have a lot of ground to cover since TK was a realtor. I think he means properties to search. Asking for public's help. They have searched a lot of the property but not all of it, maybe 30-40%. A lot of weapons and ammo found. KB doing a lot better today.

Coroner talks about identifying the body but has not happened yet.

Many missing persons cases being re-opened because of this. Asks public for prayers, food and water. Woodruff is a great place with great people.

Won't address if TK is cooperative or not.

Won't say if he found anything beyond ammo and a body.

No structures on the property other than "what he's put back there." Not sure what this means.

Don't know cause of death of the body.

Biggest challenge is body ID. Only one body found. Body has not gone to morgue yet.

This is pretty much all I saw of the press conference as well. And also that they would not confirm or deny they found KB with phone pings. Said it is part of an active investigation.

Yes, but please can you edit your post and change her name to initials (or ask a mod to do it) AH was a minor and her identity is to be protected.

Skibs - you need to edit your quote too! :blushing:

Didn't anyone ask the gender of the body found??

They declined to give any details about the body--they wouldn't answer how long it had been there, state of the remains, COD or even how they plan to ID the person other than to say they will use the most scientific method that is appropriate when they get the remains back to the lab. Coroner has not seen the body yet. It is still on the property.

Skibs - you need to edit your quote too! :blushing:

DOH! :facepalm: :blushing: .... done

O/T But authorities are about to hold a presser in the Kayla Gomez-Orozco case for those that are following

Will TK commit suicide or brag? Based on his FB comments and Amazon reviews, IMO brag.

Tammy Kingery from SC has been missing since 2014. She was located, and last seen just over 2 hours away from TK's property.
Not to derail the thread, but what do you mean "she was located"? AFAIK she is still missing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

After reading what is known about Todd Kohlhepp, from Psych Evaluations, etc., Besides fitting the profile of a prolific and malignant sadistic sexual predator/serial killer, imo. TK also reminds me of an article that I read about 4 years ago;

Can You Call a 9-Year-Old a Psychopath? - The New York Times
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/13/magazine/can-you-call-a-9-year-old-a-psychopath.html
May 11, 2012 - Michael, a 9-year-old whose periodic rages alternate with moments of chilly detachment, with his mother, Anne.

TK's Psych Evaluation
http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/33...tion-reveals-insight-into-todd-kohlhepps-past

Not to derail the thread, but what do you mean "she was located"? AFAIK she is still missing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I think she meant she was never located, just left out "never" out of her post.

Here's from the beginning of the press conference.

Body found in shallow grave at 10 am. No information about male or female or how they died. Not even close to Identification. Won't talk about state of deceased person. Keep families in prayers. Super tragic. Ask anything but they have no more information to give. They are not done on the property until 100% sure they have no more evidence. It's possible it's the work of a serial killer, not ruled out. Won't confirm if it's recently deceased or skeletal remains. Do not know if there's 4 bodies. No way to tell if method of death was gunshots. Dogs and God's grace helped find remains on property. Good investigation by sherriff's dept following up on leads helped find KB and the body. Won't confirm or deny if phone pings led to property. They don't know if there's a garage with a bed and chains on the Wofford property or elsewhere.

There are currently 277 users browsing this thread. (81 members and 196 guests)

To all the guests viewing the thread, come join us!
I've been following closely since the weird Facebook posts were brought into another group on fb. I just haven't had much to contribute. I truly thought this was just a horrible accident and to find out all this is just horrific.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154603846442593&id=57341417592

Two-car garage with living space above it on property. Living space had bed with chains on it. Storage container located next to that structure.

If it was her phone, when did it ping there.

Re BBM

OMG Upgrade those charges to Murder immediately. They did find a body.

How many more is the question now. Its all as bad as we thought it may be.

A lot of his online posts have some truth to them. I think there are a lot of hints in his posts as to what he used on people. Maybe even clues to where people may be buried.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Just come across this too

Brianna Smith ‏@bsmithnews 29m29 minutes ago
Better pic of car being towed away off Todd Kohlhepp's property yesterday. @WSPA7

Cwb1N0lXgAAQxal.jpg

https://twitter.com/bsmithnews

Is it covered in brown paint or mud? Attempt to camouflage, conceal it?
I read somewhere that the car was pulled out of a ravine. I imagine that it was covered in dirt and possibly the boulders he mentioned moving around on his fb page. I am out and about, so posting on the run, so hard for me to pull links to show where I read what, but didn't he mention filling in a ravine so it could be crossed? If you zoom in you can tell around the bumper and back tail end that there are spots of white showing. In SC the ground is mostly red clay, but TK mentioned having fill dirt delivered, which would be brown.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Imo.

Hopefully the county will ransack every RSO property right now.

Because these guys are dangerous.

<modsnip>

I didn't hear of this case until yesterday, and I have about 10 pages to read through here.
But I am FLOORED by this Todd 'person'.
I can't believe how overt he is, and how it seems that it didn't raise red flags for anyone. I find myself wondering if we knew nothing of him other than his FB, if flags would be raised. He come across as weird, and a bit creepy, but heck, a lot of us post creepy stuff. My daughter adores weird morbid things, and her page is full of them, but if you show her a puppy she is going to melt into a big mess of cuteness. So I try to take that with a grain of salt.
But the Amazon reviews? They look like a bored kid decided to play serial killer and put together a twisted list for their own amusement. And I am sure that it WAS for his own amusement, but in context of what we know now... just wow.
The FB tauntings as Charlie... the note from the judge from when he was only 16? Wow wow wow.
I've never seen anything like this. Serial killers with land to do what they like? Sure. JDW comes to mind as the most recent. But a potential serial killer/rapist/deviant/i don't want to know what else who speaks of torture and the like as if it's nothing, who pretends to be their victims on social media? Nope.

I kind of just want to go play with my new grand puppy and never open this thread again. (Because someone DID show my kid a cute puppy, and she melted and kept her)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member