SC - KB, 30, (alive) & Charlie Carver, 32, (dec'd) Anderson, 31 Aug 2016 *Arrest* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt that he was doing even half of the heavy work that he was claiming to have done unless it had something to do with hiding/burying evidence
Well, he did hire KB and CC to clean, so I'm guessing he did the same for various other activities that didn't directly involve hiding the evidence.

Rest in peace Charlie, all my sympathys for your families.
I am sick to my heart.

Thanks for finding that. I was scratching my head and searching last night because I had heard iirc of a girl named (nicknamed) Cati.. Yet this article doesnt reference that nickname.

And it coincided I thought with him mentioning cats...and nine lives reference. But I didn't think too much of it because they said it was a high school Hangout where she was found.

What got me is that she worked at Petsmart located on Woodruff Road, and TK had an office on the same road. I wonder if he frequented Petsmart, as he had pets.

so what else did this guy do in 15 years? Just searching for SC on here shows many missing and unsolved cases since 2001.

Wondering as well. Why not 5?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I'm wondering if they have to charge him separately for the Superbike 4 murders and the murder of Charlie Carver since they are separate crimes? Also, from what I have read in the news so far, he confessed to the Superbike murders but claimed he doesn't know how Charlie and K got on his property. Sheriff said last night charges should be forth-coming for Charlie's murder but I'm wondering if they have not yet finished collecting and logging evidence and if they have to try him separately for that case? For the Superbike murders evidence has been collected long ago and he reportedly confessed so should be short proceedings and sentencing process if he pleads guilty. JMO. IANAL.

I have a question well two.
On another case I thought I read that a rso can not have a Facebook page?

He had a fb page and with his business he could actually lure people to houses. He knew enough for them not to go missing from a viewing with him.

Also the check in with Indiana was in September. Isn't it a monthly check in? Did he miss October & November?
Thanks in advance,
RSOs cannot have a FB page per their TOS. But - it takes someone to report it. I know of someone who is an RSO and she continually creates new pages each time she is banned.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Just a question as I'm not too knowledgable about how the American judicial system works; but if he gets the death penalty, does that mean that the whole investigation is over with? Like, will law enforcement cease to look into crimes he probably committed since he was first released from prison?

I'm wondering if they have to charge him separately for the Superbike 4 murders and the murder of Charlie Carver since they are separate crimes? Also, from what I have read in the news so far, he confessed to the Superbike murders but claimed he doesn't know how Charlie and KB got on his property. Sheriff said last night charges should be forth-coming for Charlie's murder but I'm wondering if they have not yet finished collecting and logging evidence and if they have to try him separately for that case? For the Superbike murders evidence has been collected long ago and he reportedly confessed so should be short proceedings and sentencing process if he pleads guilty. JMO. IANAL.

You are most likely correct. No where has it been said he actually admitted to the Charlie and KB matter. One step at a time. This is not going to be resolved in a few days or weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What got me is that she worked at Petsmart located on Woodruff Road, and TK had an office on the same road. I wonder if he frequented Petsmart, as he had pets.

She was killed with a knife and LE mention that there is no evidence that she was killed in the abandoned house. Cati was estranged from her husband so he is being questioned as are anyone close to her. Her car was located far from where she was found. I just can't understand how her friends just lucked out and found her right away in the middle of the night at that house. So lucky I guess? LE said the home was in such disrepair that the stairs and floor boards were weak and could collapse. Seeing that TK was 300lbs I wonder if he could have gone in there without anything breaking under him?

http://wncn.com/2016/10/27/woman-found-dead-in-sc-cellar-died-from-knife-wounds/

Wow, Bet Ann Rule would have written a book on this one. RIP Ann Rule.

I finally caught up the threads - thank you so much for post of maps, links, etc. Very much appreciated.

I think his money came from various sources (inheritance, day trading, real estate sales, you tube -subscriptions-didn't work out lol)

Wanted to mention that my son has severe impulsiveness, adhd, ocd, anxiety, etc. He has been on meds since he was 6yrs. I have researched, followed facebook pages on adhd etc. I work with his pediatrician, psychologist and now a neurologist. He also has a 504 plan in junior high (and had one in elementary). I told his psychologist I don't want him to be that kid that takes a gun to school to shoot someone that has bullied him (he had been bullied multiple times last year) or takes something of significant value. So we were referred to the neurologist for tests. I am divorced from his narcissist bully dad. I won't give up on him.

I'm blown away by how many YouTube videos he has posted despite having little to no views on any of them. That's a lot of work for something that obviously wasn't paying off...
TK's prolific online postings seem to indicate that he thought he had tons of fans and customers hanging on is every word. His FB friends seem to be mostly not real friends, just polite responses. He posted constant listings for houses on FB that no one was interested in. I think TK interpreted the amount of material posted with having a booming real estate business, which wasn't the case.

Did the Sheriff say TK didn't provide motive for the Superbike murders, OR was the Sheriff saying they were not disclosing the motive, OR was there no specific motive except to kill?

Motive on the superbike case??? Did he have engine work he wasn't pleased with? Did he rob the store? Was one a competitor against him in races? Just what was the motive to walk into that store, in broad daylight, execute each of the 4, and walk out?
The bike shop murders seem to be a different scenario than chaining up a woman for two months. Most of the time serial killers have an MO. They kill similarly. If he is just indiscriminately out there killing folks for any old reason he sees fit, there could be many, many, more.

Here is an excerpt from the Superbike criminal profiler: "The motive for the crime wasn't some kind of drug deal gone bad. There is no reason to believe drugs were ever at the business nor hidden in motorcycles coming in and out of the business, so this isn't a falling out over drugs.... Nothing was taken from the business, so this wasn't a robbery. Nothing was damaged in the business, so this wasn't retaliation... The way the shooting went down shows me that the murders were personal and the was a specific reason the four were shot in the order in which they were shot. Also, because nothing was touched in the shop shows me that the murders were not about money. This was the crime of a psychopath who had a falling out with certain people at the business."

From what we already know about TK, this sounds bang-on accurate!

.BBM
The sketches do look like him. He bought the Windsong address in Feb., 2007 w/a mortgage from Citizen's First, for $130,600. That mortgage was cancelled October, 2012. The farmland was bought in 2014, for over $300k. That bank robbery was in 2003. If there are others, that could be one way he's been helping to finance his fairly comfortable way of life.
I don't think he was the Citizen's Bank robber. It would not surprise me if TK was "a" bank robber, due to his outlandish spending, but I don't think he was the Citizen's First robber. The sketch from 2003 is being compared to what he looks like now, but he probably looked closer to his mugshot in the orange shirt, from 1998-99 I believe, which doesn't resemble the sketch. The orange shirt picture did resemble the Superbike sketch!

And where the heck did all his money come from???
Was he from a rich family? Just wondering how afforded his first property and whether he got the funds through commiting robberies?
I wonder if TK might be a bank robber as well? He seems to have an awful lot of disposable income, especially for someone who spent time in jail.
Plus a second college degree from 2003-2007.

And another reason I don't get all the spending is because he was 2 years out of prison, and has NO credit, so how is he getting mortgages and buying property? I think a closer look in is background will find this is all a facade and something sketchy was going on.

Someone mentioned TK had power of attorney over several real estate clients. This might be how he ended up with so much property. Also there was mention that he was a day-trader, but I think that is more recently.

I don't get why they couldn't request that current realtors were also checked for previous offences as well as new realtors, when the law changed? How many others are out there with the same sort of background?

According to the lawmaker: "Sen. Ronnie Cromer, R-Prosperity, sponsored the law two years ago. He said lawmakers talked at the time about making it retroactive, or at least requiring a background check at renewal, but says there was opposition. But he says lawmakers might now try again next year because of Kohlhepp’s current case."

He just completely omits the rape - did they even look into his actual background? This makes me so angry!!!!
It does make you angry, that they are just taking people's word to self-report their criminal backgrounds. I think after this a lot of things are going to change

I wish we had the ad he posted somewhere about needed cleaners for his homes. If he posted that he was paying $500 for each job, he would get many responses IMO.

We have no way of knowing the authenticity of those screenshots of the Facebook conversation.

If MSM picks them up and posts them, they can be posted here and discussed.

Otherwise they are off limits.

I'm wondering if they have to charge him separately for the Superbike 4 murders and the murder of Charlie Carver since they are separate crimes? Also, from what I have read in the news so far, he confessed to the Superbike murders but claimed he doesn't know how Charlie and K got on his property. Sheriff said last night charges should be forth-coming for Charlie's murder but I'm wondering if they have not yet finished collecting and logging evidence and if they have to try him separately for that case? For the Superbike murders evidence has been collected long ago and he reportedly confessed so should be short proceedings and sentencing process if he pleads guilty. JMO. IANAL.

IMO they are separate crimes requiring separate trials. They have 4 warrants for superbike so that is 4 charges not including possible separate counts on each charge.

Each crime scene and the victims involved are separate cases, and each must have the charges formally entered. Today they formally charged TK with 4 murders. I don't think he has been formally charged in CDC's death, I am unclear if he has confessed killing CDC, so he will be formally charged with CDC's death upon solid evidence or a confession in yet another court appearance. These horrendous perpetrators often have overlapping cases which will be combined for sentencing, but can be separately addressed in court for other issues (such as a survivor suing in civil court in a specific case). Unfortunately, these murderers have perpetrated so many crimes that their final charges in a huge case like this are only the worst charges, and many other serious crimes they have committed are dropped from the charges just because of the shear amount of investigation and additional court it would take.

One of the articles I read last night was an interview with a neighbor of his. He mentioned that TK was pretty braggy and talked about all the money he made through day trading.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/details-suspect-emerge-captive-womans-rescue-43321113

He did say that. However, as my great uncle used to say...It takes money to make money. Where did he get the money to start the day trading?

I know there are rare exceptions, but most people do not make money day trading.

The evidence suggests that a very small minority will achieve consistently high-level of earnings while the majority will not be able to sustain a long-term career.

http://www.investopedia.com/article...age-rate-return-day-traders.asp#ixzz4PFRQunXh

We have no way of knowing the authenticity of those screenshots of the Facebook conversation.

If MSM picks them up and posts them, they can be posted here and discussed.

Otherwise they are off limits.

The screen shots came from a posting on the FB page of reporter Cody Alcorn. He asked the person who posted them "Who are these messages to?" So the media already has them.

The screen shots came from a posting on the FB page of reporter Cody Alcorn. He asked the person who posted them "Who are these messages to?" So the media already has them.

Yes, and unless or until the media posts them, they are off limits.

Seems like TK had access to money immediately out of prison if he was able to go to college right away, unless the prison system provided some sort of tuition. He was an only child, his family may have financed his new life hoping that the past could be done and gone. He entered the prison system as a teenager, he surely had no money before he went in but went to a comfortable lifestyle (college and good jobs) when he got out.

I linked an article upthread that states he was an active online daytrader. Or so he told his neighbor. Makes sense to me.

I recently learned that day-trading can turn into a gambling addiction of sorts. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if that is added to the long list of TK's problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77