What's eating you alive re this case?

what would you like to know?what's bugging you?

• who did it

Votes: 139 42.5%
  • why he/she/they did it

Votes: 62 19.0%
  • how did it happen

Votes: 126 38.5%

• Total voters
And the glass looks broken from the inside
It easily could have been opened, trashcan under it and busted from the inside straight into the trashcan. Did the housekeeper ever verify that she helped clean up broken glass from that window? And there was also a spiderweb across the bottom corner of the window frame that would have been obliterated had anyone came through there.
Also as a side note, JR supposedly broke that window when BR was with him. BR states it in one of the interviews. His daddy broke the window and went around and opened the door to let BR in. The reason I mention this is JR stated this occurred when PR and the kids were in Michigan. Either BR or JR is lying. JR also states he stripped down to his underwear but still had his dress shoes on when he entered the window. I think IF the broken window did occur, it was JRs dress shoe that left the scuff mark on the wall. Not an intruder. JR also admits he was the one who took the suitcase to the basement. Although he says he didn't put it near the window. Now if you remember there is a chair that's mentioned often in the basement. Why would an intruder who had a chair at his disposal, use a suitcase to climb out the window? Not to mention the suitcase was turned in the most unrealistic direction to climb out said window.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I've managed to get a screenshot of the broken glass in the basement window from the CBS program. Taken from the actual crime scene video, the cobweb was flickering in the movement of the air on the broken glass, which seems to be proof it wasn't broken that night.

attachment.php

More pics:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• ramsey broken basement window1.jpg
    ramsey broken basement window1.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 271
  • ramsey broken basement window2.jpg
    ramsey broken basement window2.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 275
  • ramsey broken basement window3.jpg
    ramsey broken basement window3.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 267
More pics:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
It looks broken from the inside to me. Surely they had experts analyze this??? Linda Wilcox a former housekeeper stated that since she had worked there, those windows had been replaced because they didn't open like that before. There's a picture of another window in the basement that does open differently too. I wonder if they all opened the way the old window did at one time.

I signed up to pre-order Kolar's new book today and decided to re-read Foreign Faction.

I noticed several things when reading the ransom note again. The writer switches back and forth between singular and plural .... We are a small foreign faction, I will call you, if we monitor you, I advise you, if we catch you .... hmmmm.

I am having trouble posting, so have to do this in several posts. I also noticed on Page 35 of FF something else about the ransom note. Seeing it in the actual handwriting is different than seeing it typed in a post or something. My prior post that erased before sending said imho I believe PR is the note writer.

So I noticed You stand a 99% chance of killing your daughter ( an admission maybe ) if you try and outsmart us. Follow our instructions and you stand a 100% chance of getting her back. (WHy not 100% and 100% ... what's with the other 1%) ... seems.odd.imho.

Also I forgot this ... page 37 PR wanted French to remove his gun belt and his uniform shirt as he stood by in the house. He thought it was an odd request since he was there protecting the family against the members of a "foreign faction". Why would his shirt bother her?

Also I forgot this ... page 37 PR wanted French to remove his gun belt and his uniform shirt as he stood by in the house. He thought it was an odd request since he was there protecting the family against the members of a "foreign faction". Why would his shirt bother her?
:eek: WTH. Sounds to me like she wanted his weapon away from him when the body was found. *cough cough*

I am having trouble posting, so have to do this in several posts. I also noticed on Page 35 of FF something else about the ransom note. Seeing it in the actual handwriting is different than seeing it typed in a post or something. My prior post that erased before sending said imho I believe PR is the note writer.

So I noticed You stand a 99% chance of killing your daughter ( an admission maybe ) if you try and outsmart us. Follow our instructions and you stand a 100% chance of getting her back. (WHy not 100% and 100% ... what's with the other 1%) ... seems.odd.imho.

Patsy wasn't thinking clearly, and probably wasn't good at math in the first place. And she was trying to explain away the fact that JonBenet was 100% going to be found, but she was going to be found already dead, so LE would think "Oh the parents tried to outsmart the kidnappers so they killed their hostage." Only JonBenet never left the house so she was never kidnapped in the first place.

Any other location in the US, very likely that the case would have been solved completely in a few days at most. The parents would have been in jail and Burke in protective custody. At the very least the family would not have been able to just leave the broken body of their daughter on the floor and get away behind a wall of lawyers. That would have made all the difference. Put Patsy in jail for a few days and she would have told the whole story.

IMO its simply more mocking of John. She's dangling a nonexistent carrot with the 1% chance.

I wish Patsy had been strip searched before being allowed to leave the house to check for bruises. Not because Jonbenet inflicted any but because John might have after reading this note or even earlier in the night. The note just drips in contempt for JOhn and I doubt he had a positive reaction reading it.

HeyMom....

Patsy wasn't thinking clearly, and probably wasn't good at math in the first place. And she was trying to explain away the fact that JonBenet was 100% going to be found,
Let's give Patsy a little more credit than that. Even morons know the difference between 99% and 100% so I doubt it has anything to do with her math skills. Besides, if she's explaining away Jonbenet being found, wouldn't both being 100% explain it just fine?

I think the 99% chance of JohnBenet being killed is Patsy not wanting it known that JonBenet is already dead. She is using a silly expression to try (unconvincingly) to convince that she does not know 100% she will be found dead. It's another giveaway that she wrote it, and not a foreign faction.

The other giveaway is the lack of a personal pronoun in the sentence "you stand a 99% chance of killing you daughter". It should say me or us before killing. She has refused to take ownership of the act even when pretending to be someone else writing the note.

The other giveaway is the lack of a personal pronoun in the sentence "you stand a 99% chance of killing you daughter". It should say me or us before killing. She has refused to take ownership of the act even when pretending to be someone else writing the note.
Good point and at the same time like Corey said, she bounces back and forth between 'I' and 'we'. She wants to aim everything outside the house yet the crime is simply too personal and her emotions pour out.

Put Patsy in jail for a few days and she would have told the whole story.
Maybe and I wish they would've tried that but IMO John was the more likely of the two to crack. Patsy would have been running the cell block in three shakes of a lamb's tail and John would've been shaking in his boots at the fear of becoming a "boy toy" and would've squealed like a pig.

Any other location in the US, very likely that the case would have been solved completely in a few days at most. The parents would have been in jail and Burke in protective custody. At the very least the family would not have been able to just leave the broken body of their daughter on the floor and get away behind a wall of lawyers. That would have made all the difference. Put Patsy in jail for a few days and she would have told the whole story.

BBM, Heymom. You said it! There's no reason for this case to have gone on for 20 years. Anywhere else, it would have been solved in 20 minutes!
And I know that the police believed Patsy would sing if she'd been put in a holding cell. I've been saying that for years.

Good point and at the same time like Corey said, she bounces back and forth between 'I' and 'we'. She wants to aim everything outside the house yet the crime is simply too personal and her emotions pour out.

Maybe and I wish they would've tried that but IMO John was the more likely of the two to crack. Patsy would have been running the cell block in three shakes of a lamb's tail and John would've been shaking in his boots at the fear of becoming a "boy toy" and would've squealed like a pig.

That's an image, all right! But I'm not convinced Patsy would be "running" the cell block. We've all heard what happens to child-hurting perps in men's prisons. Women's prisons are even WORSE.

Folks, I don't mean to rain on a parade that's already damp, but I just want to post this and we can get back to the main conversation. I was just watching a Good Morning America piece on the Lifetime movie tomorrow night and the documentary on Patsy right after it. The Lifetime movie is reviving PDI somewhat. And, this being the thread to talk about what bothers us about this case, I thought I'd say this. Dan Abrams summed it up: the DNA is pretty much dead (or at least in hospice). And while a lot of us celebrate that, the part that's a downer is that, as PJ O'Rourke once said, burning down the outhouse is easy, but installing indoor plumbing is hard. What I mean by that is, it's one thing to destroy the intruder theory, which the DNA reports and the CBS show have done well. It's another thing altogether to get some direct evidence to prove which Ramsey did what. Disproving the intruder theory does not "prove" that Patsy (or whoever you think) did it.

That's my take on the issue. Do what you want with it.

That's an image, all right! But I'm not convinced Patsy would be "running" the cell block. We've all heard what happens to child-hurting perps in men's prisons. Women's prisons are even WORSE.
Yeah they would definitely be wearing that scarlet letter but Patsy had that 'it' factor. Women just as likely to move mountains for her as men. Unless she had some huge shift in personality or all the confidence/self esteem evaporated the moment she walks into the Boulder jail, I think she might be just as persuasive in jail as she was on the outside.

The Lifetime movie is reviving PDI somewhat.
Indeed.....moving the spotlight back where it belongs.

Disproving the intruder theory does not "prove" that Patsy (or whoever you think) did it.
Agreed. With the DNA now officially in doubt, it puts everyone back on the list of suspects and even when narrowing it down to the three family members in the house, while the task should technically be easier it actually just got worse. The case was botched so bad and even with a closer second look, one of them is dead, one in his 70s, and the other just a child who has 20 years of hindsight that could easily muddy the waters. Even with a potential confession, many answers about what really happened that night and exactly how it all transpired may forever elude us.

I know some people rejoiced when Patsy died but it was really unfortunate that she died young. Many of this case's secrets were buried right along with her.

Yeah they would definitely be wearing that scarlet letter but Patsy had that 'it' factor. Women just as likely to move mountains for her as men. Unless she had some huge shift in personality or all the confidence/self esteem evaporated the moment she walks into the Boulder jail, I think she might be just as persuasive in jail as she was on the outside.

At the least, all she had to do was hold out until bail was posted.

Indeed.....moving the spotlight back where it belongs.

I think so. Honestly, I figured the after-movie documentary would be a bunch of pro-Patsy feminist claptrap (similar to what motivated Mary Lacy), but it looks like they'll call it down the middle, at least. My gripe is that they give us the same black-and-white choice IDI does: "tragic victim or cold-blooded killer?" How about tragic killer? That's how I see it.

Agreed. With the DNA now officially in doubt, it puts everyone back on the list of suspects and even when narrowing it down to the three family members in the house, while the task should technically be easier it actually just got worse. The case was botched so bad and even with a closer second look, one of them is dead, one in his 70s, and the other just a child who has 20 years of hindsight that could easily muddy the waters. Even with a potential confession, many answers about what really happened that night and exactly how it all transpired may forever elude us.

Like I said, the best hope for this case was a confession, and that is not forthcoming.

I know some people rejoiced when Patsy died but it was really unfortunate that she died young. Many of this case's secrets were buried right along with her.

I remember that. I was NOT one of them. I cried when Patsy died. I wished I could have been there to help her pass on and meet JB in the next world. (I know, I know: "SD's heart is bleeding again.") But she was the only person who knew so many important things. Those are lost forever now.

BBM, Heymom. You said it! There's no reason for this case to have gone on for 20 years. Anywhere else, it would have been solved in 20 minutes!
And I know that the police believed Patsy would sing if she'd been put in a holding cell. I've been saying that for years.
What is absolutely flooring is the amount of evidence they have in this case. Most cases barely have any evidence to work with and still get convictions.
I think the BPD should play hardball and threaten anyone not telling what they know in regards to this case with intent to impede the investigation and start pressing charges.
All those "circle of friends" surely don't want jail time. They'd sing like a canary too. Start from the outside and work in destroying the wall the Ramsey's have built around themselves. Then they have no where to hide. People aren't going to be willing to go to jail to protect the Ramsey's. So the "I don't want to get involved or talk against my friends will no longer work."
This is an active investigation and if people are withholding information then they are criminally negligent. No statutes should be on that.
Let's think about if this was in any other home of an average Joe. They would have ripped down those walls of protection in days.
If you are withholding information regarding this case and you are reading this forum, I urge you to do the right thing. Set a precedent for others to follow you and speak up for JonBenet. Let her voice be heard.
I promise you the Ramsey's wouldn't protect you if the shoe was on the other foot. Something to think about. It's never to late to tell the truth.
The truth shall set you free.
Plus I'm sure if you have the dirt, you can swing a good deal to protect yourself from further prosecution.
Lead the pack and step up and do the right thing. Others will follow.

Maybe because Patsy wrote it with gloves on so her fingerprints wouldn't be found on it? They didn't want any fingerprints to be found on the ransom novella. But they just weren't thinking clearly - of course it would be NORMAL for people to pick up and handle such a note, and the fact that no fingerprints were found on the pad, pen, etc. just points straight back at them. Also maybe it was helpful in the handwriting disguise as Patsy may have been a bit clumsy wearing gloves.

I wanted to to reply to this cause something always stood out to me while doing my massive reading before I post much. But John always talked talked about funny little clues. I remember reading how he wrestled with an attacker that broke into their Atlanta home. His description of the person was a little hinky. He mentioned he was "well dressed, but had SOCKS on his hands" About the ransom note...but trying to write with socks on your hands would make anyone's writing shakey. Maybe he was dropping his own funny little clue.

I wanted to to reply to this cause something always stood out to me while doing my massive reading before I post much. But John always talked talked about funny little clues. I remember reading how he wrestled with an attacker that broke into their Atlanta home. His description of the person was a little hinky. He mentioned he was "well dressed, but had SOCKS on his hands" About the ransom note...but trying to write with socks on your hands would make anyone's writing shakey. Maybe he was dropping his own funny little clue.
I haven't even gone down the break in rabbit hole yet. lol
I'm afraid to do it! Hell this case alone will have me busy for years. But I don't see JR wrestling with anyone. lol Maybe PR wrestling haha!
Good idea though on his possible little hint!

I haven't even gone down the break in rabbit hole yet. lol
I'm afraid to do it! Hell this case alone will have me busy for years. But I don't see JR wrestling with anyone. lol Maybe PR wrestling haha!
Good idea though on his possible little hint!

Haha yes! With cigar and shotgun... "You're going down the wrong path buddy!"

His account of the burglary is so wild!!! One would think the normal response is to flee.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back