SC - KB, 30, (alive) & Charlie Carver, 32, (dec'd) Anderson, 31 Aug 2016 *Arrest* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so worried that he buried bodies on property he was selling. Would LE consider taking dogs, at least to the more probable locations i.e larger plots of land?

There are a lot of obvious professions for serial killers that aide them in the killing. Truck driving, law enforcement... Real estate? Never thought about that before...
[video=youtube;mXCacfgUb9U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXCacfgUb9U&list=PLSlI_gJQV734Nn9O5h38gJZq0Z_eDlvqA&index=3[/video]
$119,900 4BR 2BA in SPARTANBURG 29306. Call Todd Kohlhepp
Published on Sep 22, 2013
. . . Here's your chance to own a piece of history. Lots of places to hide in this two-Story Historic Home. Quality built in 1900. Beautiful 4 acres of land practically fenced in yard with creek. . .

TK's prolific online postings seem to indicate that he thought he had tons of fans and customers hanging on is every word. His FB friends seem to be mostly not real friends, just polite responses. He posted constant listings for houses on FB that no one was interested in. I think TK interpreted the amount of material posted with having a booming real estate business, which wasn't the case.

Here is an excerpt from the Superbike criminal profiler: "The motive for the crime wasn't some kind of drug deal gone bad. There is no reason to believe drugs were ever at the business nor hidden in motorcycles coming in and out of the business, so this isn't a falling out over drugs.... Nothing was taken from the business, so this wasn't a robbery. Nothing was damaged in the business, so this wasn't retaliation... The way the shooting went down shows me that the murders were personal and the was a specific reason the four were shot in the order in which they were shot. Also, because nothing was touched in the shop shows me that the murders were not about money. This was the crime of a psychopath who had a falling out with certain people at the business."

From what we already know about TK, this sounds bang-on accurate!

I don't think he was the Citizen's Bank robber. It would not surprise me if TK was "a" bank robber, due to his outlandish spending, but I don't think he was the Citizen's First robber. The sketch from 2003 is being compared to what he looks like now, but he probably looked closer to his mugshot in the orange shirt, from 1998-99 I believe, which doesn't resemble the sketch. The orange shirt picture did resemble the Superbike sketch!

Plus a second college degree from 2003-2007.

And another reason I don't get all the spending is because he was 2 years out of prison, and has NO credit, so how is he getting mortgages and buying property? I think a closer look in is background will find this is all a facade and something sketchy was going on.

Someone mentioned TK had power of attorney over several real estate clients. This might be how he ended up with so much property. Also there was mention that he was a day-trader, but I think that is more recently.

According to the lawmaker: "Sen. Ronnie Cromer, R-Prosperity, sponsored the law two years ago. He said lawmakers talked at the time about making it retroactive, or at least requiring a background check at renewal, but says there was opposition. But he says lawmakers might now try again next year because of Kohlhepp’s current case."

It does make you angry, that they are just taking people's word to self-report their criminal backgrounds. I think after this a lot of things are going to change

.he was 2 years out of prison, and has NO credit
That was in a the era when the bottom dropped out of everything, and it was very difficult to obtain a loan unless you had stellar credit, too, iirc. I downloaded one of the POAs. I have a feeling he might have been taking advantage of some of his more naive, or elderly, clients.

Also want to make you all aware, admin is aware that discussion of this perp and his multiple crimes is going to get ungainly fast. We are working to create a forum to house discussion of all the various angles of this fast breaking story. Thanks for your patience while we get this all organized.

Thanks for everything!!!

I am in the exact same boat. I mean literally same story to a T!!!!! Diagnoses, docs, divorce, everything!!!!! My 7yr old kid is super sweet and kind and loves animals and never hurt anyone on purpose. But has a serious perception problem and thinks some kids make fun of him. Its a bad situation bc now hes basically called himself out and is getting bullied. So scared. Dont ever want him to become a killer.

A little advice from someone who has been there,sorry if this is off topic..Be an advocate for your child in the school system.As far as the 504 plan always make it seem worse when answering questions,that way they will get more help.Tell teachers you want weekly reports on your child.Keep communication lines open with your child and school.If your child is getting bullied talk to school counselor.With my child he was bullied because the other child wanted to be friends with him and he didn't think he liked him.If you have a parent resource center visit , they can help with problems at school and 504's.I took my son to church too,but that is clearly up to you.Just my beliefs.

I think the bodies could have been unknown trespassers that he caught at night or something.

And he may not know their names.

But can someone tell me how much he would pay for the 96 acres and home?

Now he may have been making mortgage payments. But you still need 20% down and so much a month.

Per Redfin.com, the 95.51-acre property sold for $305,632 on May 29, 2014. It had/has a shed and 2-story garage on it, but no home.

Attention all.

If your neighbor is trying to fence off a 95 acre parcel and doesn't have a extravagant 20,000 sqft mansion or a farm on that parcel; Then you may want to question why they are spending so much to fence 95 acres of land that they still don't out rightfully own.

Especially if they complain about bills and have only a crappy house on that land. Jmo

I can't figure out why he was fencing the land. Only reason I can see for a fence is if you're going to raise cattle.

[h=4]Graphic Designer[/h][h=5]Arizona Consumer Industries[/h]January 1991 – September 2001 (10 years 9 months)
Graphic designer with emphasis on Print media, vinyl graphics and engraving

!

Is "print media, vinyl graphics, and engraving" just a snazzier way of saying he printed license plates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone clarify if TK was arrested at his home or on the Woodruff property? I've seen both mentioned so I wanted to see if anyone knew for certain.

Okay. In TKs defense.

He grew up in prison with hardened criminals.

But was never monitored nor restricted on things once getting out.

So others are to blame as well. Jmo

Some of you may notice a forum is now located in the Serial Killer subforum under Crimes. I am creating topical threads to break out the large discussion of these cases into smaller ones.

Because of the scope and complexity of this case a forum is preferred so that we can more easily locate specific facts about various aspects of the crimes TK is accused of or has already confessed to.

I will be moving this and other TK related threads to that forum now. If I do this right nobody should feel a thing and you will simply find yourselves in the new forum.

Per Redfin.com, the 95.51-acre property sold for $305,632 on May 29, 2014. It had/has a shed and 2-story garage on it, but no home.

So, if he's buried two more bodies (not counting CDC) on that land, it's been in the last two years. We need to look at folks missing in the last year. I agree with everyone to look everywhere he owned/accessed/lived before. No one is just a Normal Joe who just wakes up and begins burying bodies in his yard one day - there's a much larger pattern of evil there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IIRC, TK was arrested at his home, not the Woodruff property. I believe it was mentioned in a news briefing that they when they found KB they radioed to LE to move in on TK at his residence. This article talks about having more than a dozen search warrants ready. But it also notes (as I've seen elsewhere) that they were at the property due a tip on an unrelated case (from the sex crime dept). Other missing women in the area, but would he have abducted another while he still had KB in custody?

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/...3/missing-woman-found-alive-chained/93249054/

Can someone clarify if TK was arrested at his home or on the Woodruff property? I've seen both mentioned so I wanted to see if anyone knew for certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288