SC - KB, 30, (alive) & Charlie Carver, 32, (dec'd) Anderson, 31 Aug 2016 *Arrest* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shop Amazon and do read reviews reviews by verified buyers. It makes me wonder who reads these reviews. There would be so many red flags. As a shopper, if I read these creepy comments, I would be notifying and complaining to Amazon. I realize that there's probably nothing the company can do.
Where did you see photos of the items from the search? I haven't seen those yet and would like to. Thanks.
Also, I know in other cases we have seen lists of what was taken in searches. Does anyone know how to get those lists?

I agree completely. People ought to move on from her. Relationships are complex. There are always different sides of the story and unlike CDC's and KB's friends and family she hasn't aired their dirty laundry. People keep referring to her as his ex-wife. They were not divorced. He was living with KB alone...maybe legal separation was filed...maybe not. Either way they were separated, and it's clear he wanted to be with KB. She probably thought they ran off together or he was messing with her and trying to frame her. I'd be ticked too if people were openly accusing me of being responsible for the disappearance and death of 2 people. We know who killed CDC and imprisoned KB. Let's focus on him.

I'm going to post an alternate view of NN that may not be popular, and isn't necessarily entirely my view, but I'm just throwing it out as devil's advocate...

Imagine your husband has left you for someone else.... You're still angry and trying to get over this when all of a sudden they both go missing and it's announced on FB that they're married and having a baby. It starts to become big news, international news even because everyone thinks you're the one updating his FB and that they're missing. You're not the one updating, so you're pretty convinced it's CDC himself and he's being pretty horrible... Not the man you thought you married at all! In fact, you don't care that they've gone, you just want them out of your life!

Then you find out the truth. You still loved him. You didn't mean the above...

SNIPPED.

Totally agree...it really is such a bizarre case. I know some of the users here are very well versed in serial killer history. Is there any serial killer who is similar in style to TK? The mass murder, killing of CDC, keeping KB, and whoever the two other victims are seems like a very broad profile. But I am not nearly an 1/8th as knowledgeable about serial killers as most of y'all are. I tend to think of them as having a very specific victim type, and leaving "calling cards" or signature signs that it was them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leonard Lake and Charles Ng seemed to have some similarities. Lake had a cabin in the hills and they would catch victims (two or three families, but individual victims, too). In the family cases, they killed the dad and kids immediately and kept the mother as a sex slave for a while before murdering her, too. In the other cases, they wanted stuff (a car, video equipment, etc.), so they answered classifieds selling those things and killed the owners.

Wesley Shermantine and Loren Herzog were not very choosy about victims but they were super high on meth during most of their crimes from what I understand. I don't think Richard Trenton Chase had a real victim type.

I'm sure there are other serial killers with a wide spread of victims. I only know these because they're local to me.

The main thing is for serial killers, there's a huge psychological element in their choice of victims. The ones we usually hear about are those like Bundy, who chose victims who mainly looked like his ex-fiancee. If there's an obvious victim profile, it draws attention. But for others it can be a lot more subtle - the way a victim walks or speaks, who they are connected to, etc. And for some killers of opportunity there really isn't a profile at all.

Someone posted the link and I saved it. I don't know how they found it, but here is the link:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/AP3060JTPVGK4/

I saw that the other day. I was asking about what the poster I quoted said, which was:
"Also they did remove several computers and a bunch of electronic equipment, cameras, etc from his home. I haven't seen an inventory of items taken, but saw quite a few electronics in the few photos of the search that was made available."

I thought they were referring to the things they removed from the home in both sentences.

Glad to hear it. I'm probably not the only one, but I sent him the link earlier.

I'm glad to hear this as well!

I feel certain the media discovered his Amazon account thru WS. The most important thing is that LE is aware of it---100%! However, I really wish the media would give a little credit to our members here at WS more often than they do. Our good men and women put in incredibly hard work (and countless hours of their free time) into these cases and they deserve to be mentioned.

Did TK reside at the property where KB was found?

Running through his email addies. I keep getting a connection to PA. Anyone else find this?

I am using tapatalk on android and cannot find anything in the serial killers section either

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

One wonders if the reason that Homeland Sevurity is now involved is the possibility of domestic terrorism. TK's online purchases, his FB posts, the mass amounts of ammo and weaponry coupled with the large parcel (or parcels) of land are all possible red flags. I imagine they're looking at all angles at this point. This could be one of them. MOO.

I am using tapatalk on android and cannot find anything in the serial killers section either

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Go to forums, then crimes, then serial killers, then Todd Kohlhepp.

Go to forums, then crimes, then serial killers, then Todd Kohlhepp.

058dcf3f208e62e1a2ba956ab9fe7c03.jpg

c30f3b31592e1189f183bb1fbbd1cf1d.jpg

That's what I get with Tapatalk... No Todd Kohlhepp...

I don't know about you but you need to be more than a casual user to need a quad-monitor wall mount! FWIW there was more of the same on Amazon (as below), they are just older purchases. All the tactical gear is a more recent trend. Also they did remove several computers and a bunch of electronic equipment, cameras, etc from his home. I haven't seen an inventory of items taken, but saw quite a few electronics in the few photos of the search that was made available.

attachment.php

Don't forget that he was a pilot and pilots often (almost all of them) use flight simulators either for practice, training, or fun. The more screens, the better. My husband is a pilot and has a similar set-up although his are more horizontally set up.

One wonders if the reason that Homeland Sevurity is now involved is the possibility of domestic terrorism. TK's online purchases, his FB posts, the mass amounts of ammo and weaponry coupled with the large parcel (or parcels) of land are all possible red flags. I imagine they're looking at all angles at this point. This could be one of them. MOO.

Speculation, but it could have something to do with darknet drug market purchases or sales. They could have uncovered evidence of purchases (either electronically or physical packages) of drugs for personal use or to drug his victims. He could have also sold drugs as a source of income. Homeland Security routinely investigates the sales of drugs on the internet. Here's an article if you feel like reading more about how some of the investigations operate:
https://www.deepdotweb.com/2016/03/30/timeline-darknet-market-vendor-caliconnect-got-arrested/

I don't know about you but you need to be more than a casual user to need a quad-monitor wall mount! FWIW there was more of the same on Amazon (as below), they are just older purchases. All the tactical gear is a more recent trend. Also they did remove several computers and a bunch of electronic equipment, cameras, etc from his home. I haven't seen an inventory of items taken, but saw quite a few electronics in the few photos of the search that was made available.

attachment.php

He did day trading in his spare time:rolleyes:
That would be a normal use for the monitor set up, but I wouldn't be surprised if he had creepy cameras set up too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam