Not open for further replies.

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Missing Person Sherri Papini
14956607_10208327554372096_6103506709758080591_n.j  pg

Video here from KRCR News Channel → [video]https://www.facebook.com/oswaldsk/videos/10103576746628095/[/video]

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1525604334396831/

Authorities search for missing woman in Shasta County
sherri_1478153134890_4439232_ver1.0_640_360.PNG

Authorities said Sherri Papini, 34, was last seen in the area near Sunrise Drive and Sundust Road near Old Oregon Trail as she went for a jog.

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/breaking...-for-missing-woman-in-shasta-county/140704857

Thread #1

Please continue discussion of Sherri's case here.

At all times, remember The Rules and post in accordance with them.

:tyou:

<modsnip>

I don't know what to think about the husband. He seems sincerely grief-stricken, but as another poster suggested, it could be a flood of emotions brought on by guilt and remorse or something of that nature.

I don't know why but something is niggling me in the back of my mind about her phone. He used the "find my iPhone" feature? Who does that? I would think most people would be calling up friends and relatives and police first. It seems odd to me. I guess if he'd placed calls extensively first (did he?) it would be a smart thing to check. But it kinda feels like he was looking for her phone, not necessarily her.

Also, could he have used that feature to explain away his footprints or other evidence in the area her phone was "found"?

I truly hope he has nothing to do with this but I feel a bit uneasy about the whole thing.​

In the comments section, Sherri's stepfather RR posts that the kids went to preschool two or three times a week. Sherri used the time to clean house, shop, and create projects for the kids homeschooling. He also has a few other posts about the family.

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...ng-shasta-county-woman-was-abducted/141741841

Thank you. That makes perfect sense. Also in the comments over there he states that he is Keith's step father. I know it was being discussed over in the first thread somewhere way back whether he was Keith or Sherri's step father.

<modsnip>

I don't know what to think about the husband. He seems sincerely grief-stricken, but as another poster suggested, it could be a flood of emotions brought on by guilt and remorse or something of that nature.

I don't know why but something is niggling me in the back of my mind about her phone. He used the "find my iPhone" feature? Who does that? I would think most people would be calling up friends and relatives and police first. It seems odd to me. I guess if he'd placed calls extensively first (did he?) it would be a smart thing to check. But it kinda feels like he was looking for her phone, not necessarily her.

Also, could he have used that feature to explain away his footprints or other evidence in the area her phone was "found"?

I truly hope he has nothing to do with this but I feel a bit uneasy about the whole thing.​

I share the same niggles as you. I wish the police would clear him, it should be easily done, I assume there would be records of those he called or whose doors he knocked on when Sherri didn't answer her phone. Would like to know how long it was between arriving home and finding the phone.

In the comments section, Sherri's stepfather RR posts that the kids went to preschool two or three times a week. Sherri used the time to clean house, shop, and create projects for the kids homeschooling. He also has a few other posts about the family.

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...ng-shasta-county-woman-was-abducted/141741841

BBM-I read the ages of the kids are 4 and 2? Of course she could be teaching pre-k at home. More power to all Moms who take some time for themselves!!!

It makes a tiny bit more sense to me now that somebody painted the picture of the husband coming home, finding house empty but CAR in yard, and assuming wife had been running but hadn't returned. I still need to hear that he called her phone before using app for it to make complete sense to me, but this is a plausible scenario to draw up considering he could assume she was running and hadn't returned.

Marking my spot....

My .02 at this time is that maybe she fled ?

FWIW

If I wasnt replying to my long time GF, she would 100% use the find my iphone app to see where I might be.

I respectfully ask why you think that...really interested to hear another perspective...

It makes a tiny bit more sense to me now that somebody painted the picture of the husband coming home, finding house empty but CAR in yard, and assuming wife had been running but hadn't returned. I still need to hear that he called her phone before using app for it to make complete sense to me, but this is a plausible scenario to draw up considering he could assume she was running and hadn't returned.
But he had to have thought that she had the children with her because they would have been at home at that time. So did he call the preschool first? I think he would have called her phone, then others like family before he called the preschool. I agree with haven71 here. He would have been confused and known that the kids should be home. I would think he would check with neighbors within walking distance where she and the children may have been visiting since her car was home.

I have been looking at this still shot of the news coverage from KRCR 7 news and I do not believe this is a runners belt. It looks like a black bag/object with hot pink identifying tape around it. A) You can see the grass growing between the tape and the black object. B) There is a tied knot in the tape on the right hand side. C) It appears the tape is being tethered down by the small stick in the front. Presumably so it did not blow away.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 962
I have been looking at this still shot of the new coverage from KRCR 7 news and I do not believe this a runners belt. It looks like a black bag/object with hot pink identifying tape around it. A) You can see the grass growing between the tape and the black object. B) There is a tied knot in the tape on the right hand side. C) It appears the tape is being tethered down by the small stick in the front. Presumably so it did not blow away.
attachment.php
Excellent observations. :)

But he had to have thought that she had the children with her because they would have been at home at that time. So did he call the preschool first? I think he would have called her phone, then others like family before he called the preschool. I agree with haven71 here. He would have been confused and known that the kids should be home. I would think he would check with neighbors within walking distance where she and the children may have been visiting.

Maybe she never visits the neighbors. The car was there. He expected his kids to come running to him when he got home- like they usually do. Maybe he had that feeling in his gut like something wasn't right. Maybe he called his wife first and she didn't answer. He knew if he called the daycare and the kids were still their something happened to her- because she's his wife and he knows her normal routine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been looking at this still shot of the new coverage from KRCR 7 news and I do not believe this a runners belt. It looks like a black bag/object with hot pink identifying tape around it. A) You can see the grass growing between the tape and the black object. B) There is a tied knot in the tape on the right hand side. C) It appears the tape is being tethered down by the small stick in the front. Presumably so it did not blow away.
attachment.php

Building on your thoughts, I see the grass too. That actually reinforces the "runner's belt" for me... see the tied part? It is the very back part, where it goes around your back. she must be too thin and there seems to be no adjustment available so she tied it in a knot. The belt is looped on top of the bag where the grass peeks through.

This actually concerns me, since it wouldn't unclasp in any manner and needs to be pulled down the body to take off. My mind then wanders since there doesn't appear to be signs of a struggle...could be an intentional discard?

well, if your wife's car is in driveway, you would think she picked up kids. Then you go inside, and EVERYBODY is missing. You then call daycare, and kids are there. You know that something is terribly wrong, right then. It technically works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer