The Sidebar - Harris Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
P.S. - Obviously he doesn't want her to leave him when he's being arrested, charged and jailed. At that point, he might have realized how badly he had screwed up his marriage and felt remorse; he might have just been scared he would have no one to help him through this if she left him; or he might have just been looking for reassurance since he knew it was about to all come crashing down.

Who knows?

What was the name of the expert witness who was supposed to testify about how people grieve but never did, does anyone know?

I don't know who she used to be before her world turned upside down, but the woman I saw on the stand seemed rather formidable to me, seemed like she could go toe to toe with anyone if she so chose.

Isn't the term for that --steel magnolia?

I would agree with this, but it shows me clearly that she has a private demeanor and a public one. She had known about his sexting for years and never left...ain't nothing steel magnolia about that...that's more Tammy Wynette

Didn't they find a divorce checklist or something on his computer?

That was one of those looks like one thing but it was actually another pieces of "evidence," like the island getaway searches, the stealth surfing service he never bought, etc. etc . The divorce checklist thing wasnt anything he searched for, it was some thing that popped up when he had searched for something else totally unrelated.

I have never heard of a jury demanding scheduled breaks and going home early!

]

I would agree with this, but it shows me clearly that she has a private demeanor and a public one. She had known about his sexting for years and never left...ain't nothing steel magnolia about that...that's more Tammy Wynette

Lol. (Loving your sense of humor, btw).

Have you ever heard the expression - "tyranny of the weak"?

It was said the pictures were saved on the digital devices. You are assuming she had pictures "developed."

Millennial couples, like myself and my husband, have everything digital too.

Gosh I have not developed picutres in years....here are not many places that still do that. If anyone finds a roll of film to develop good luck finding a place to develop it. Some places only do certain types of film!

No, I mean where are the pictures on her cell, her computer, her digital anything? Why would she need RH cell for pics? My hubby and I have a lot of the same pics on our cells of our children. Yes some are different but we both have cute pics of the kids too where we would not need each others pics. I would think they would too, espicially with RH in IT. RH even sent LH daily pics until just before Coopers death. I just cannot figure why she wanted THOSE pics. Wjere were her cute pics too of Cooper. Just another thought to a strange and terrible event.

I think Ross was ambivalent towards Leanna. I don't think he disliked her or felt hostility towards her, but I don't think he ordered his life around her or had any respect or consideration for her either. There was no intimacy in their marriage but it doesn't seem like either of them really wanted out of the marriage, despite that.

I think he was comfortable with her and stayed with her because he didn't want the hassle of a divorce and he didn't want Cooper to have a "broken home."

He did not want to pay out any monies...less monies for his activites.

I bit back, somone mentioned LH did the finances up to 6 months before Coopers death. RH took over the last 6 months. I wonder if there was any difference in the book keeping. Remember they had no money for a house down payment. Just wondering.

I bit back, somone mentioned LH did the finances up to 6 months before Coopers death. RH took over the last 6 months. I wonder if there was any difference in the book keeping. Remember they had no money for a house down payment. Just wondering.

Are you saying Ross stayed married to Leanna for her money?

Men's standard of living usually goes up after divorce, even when they're paying child support.

I think Ross was ambivalent towards Leanna. I don't think he disliked her or felt hostility towards her, but I don't think he ordered his life around her or had any respect or consideration for her either. There was no intimacy in their marriage but it doesn't seem like either of them really wanted out of the marriage, despite that.

I think he was comfortable with her and stayed with her because he didn't want the hassle of a divorce and he didn't want Cooper to have a "broken home."
I agree with you, but in the other hand he was truly escalating his cheating and deception. Psychologically I'd say he was trying to get caught on some subconscious level as he was getting very risky between prostitutes and bringing someone into the marital home (not a private home but an apt with witnesses etc). I do thing he was building to try to be free whether he was aware of it or not. I think this "other life" was ruining the real one. It was pulling him from his marriage, his work , his son and stability.

P.S. - Obviously he doesn't want her to leave him when he's being arrested, charged and jailed. At that point, he might have realized how badly he had screwed up his marriage and felt remorse; he might have just been scared he would have no one to help him through this if she left him; or he might have just been looking for reassurance since he knew it was about to all come crashing down.

Who knows?
His fear that he would have no one made him really want to hold on to her. He has all the knowledge of what was about to be exposed....not just his phone stuff but I truly believe that he was hiding the light bulb car visit.

That was one of those looks like one thing but it was actually another pieces of "evidence," like the island getaway searches, the stealth surfing service he never bought, etc. etc . The divorce checklist thing wasnt anything he searched for, it was some thing that popped up when he had searched for something else totally unrelated.
Ok I thought it was saved on the pc not a search item?

Lol. (Loving your sense of humor, btw).

Have you ever heard the expression - "tyranny of the weak"?

“The worst form of tyranny the world has ever known the tyranny of the weak over the strong. It is the only tyranny that lasts.”

*note to self, in the future make sure to not search "tranny of the weak" as it makes glory hole pale in comparison. Spell check is my new friend.

“The worst form of tyranny the world has ever known the tyranny of the weak over the strong. It is the only tyranny that lasts.”

*note to self, in the future make sure to not search "tranny of the weak" as it makes glory hole pale in comparison. Spell check is my new friend.

I had to read that twice... :)

I'll have to take your word for it, because I had to google glory hole and that was quite jarring. Lol!

I'll have to take your word for it, because I had to google glory hole and that was quite jarring. Lol!
Lol gross!! I hope you didn't pull up any images. Vomit.

Are you saying Ross stayed married to Leanna for her money?

Men's standard of living usually goes up after divorce, even when they're paying child support.

lol I'd say that depends on who has the better attorney :floorlaugh:

lol I'd say that depends on who has the better attorney :floorlaugh:

Our son's lawyer was so good that she won custody for him and the ex pays HIM child support.

Actually I don't think that is accurate. I believe they had money, but LH didn't feel they were ready yet. They had been homeowners in the past and she was aware of what all it entailed. Part of me thinks she didn't want to tie up all their money into an asset in case RH really blew it. I think she was well aware he never stopped sexting & *advertiser censored*, but didn't think it was physical cheating. But I think she was starting to suspect and if they did divorce a rental was a clean cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nahnah_2015