Todd Kohlhepp - Profile of a Killer?

So he killed couples. This changes my profile of him somewhat... because why couples? Could this be connected to his parents splitting up?

These murders happened within 8 months of one another. I think he definitely has more victims.

Sounds like the Zodiac Killer. He did target couples too.

Let me ask this. Is it possible that a serial killer such as TK could mimic other famous SK's crimes out of adoration? Could they actually get off on the fact they are committing all of these different types of murders and getting away with it? That for example if TK was to do this, he would get a high from committing the same crimes that got other SK's caught? Again in a way almost competing with them? I keep thinking about that comment he made on FB about "when I'm gone yall will look back and be amazed at what I've done." (paraphrasing)
I would be interested to know if he was disturbingly fascinated with other SK's. Possibly studying them methodically.
Has a SK done this type of crime streak before?
TK just seems for some reason off to me. Nothing adds up completely. I can't put my finger on it though. Maybe that's why he reminds us of so many other SK's?

Let me ask this. Is it possible that a serial killer such as TK could mimic other famous SK's crimes out of adoration? Could they actually get off on the fact they are committing all of these different types of murders and getting away with it? That for example if TK was to do this, he would get a high from committing the same crimes that got other SK's caught? Again in a way almost competing with them? I keep thinking about that comment he made on FB about "when I'm gone yall will look back and be amazed at what I've done." (paraphrasing)
I would be interested to know if he was disturbingly fascinated with other SK's. Possibly studying them methodically.
Has a SK done this type of crime streak before?
TK just seems for some reason off to me. Nothing adds up completely. I can't put my finger on it though. Maybe that's why he reminds us of so many other SK's?

The Todd Kohlhepp case is prolly one of the most horrific and darkest serial predator cases that I've followed on websleuths in the past decade, PositiveLight. There has been many copycat serial killers past. These killers usually pattern their MOs after only one specific killer. There seems to be a new breed of serial predator today. I refer to these hybrids as Emulators; a copycat of many. This may be attributed to the CSI affect combined with the necessity by the predator to evolve their strategy and tactics due to the advancements in investigative technology and other additional resources available to law enforcement.

Imo, TK was clearing and filling in his land because he planned to build a private airstrip enabling him to fly in unsuspecting victims/prey from other areas to his preserve.

I have been researching and backtracking an emulator Gary M Hilton since 2008. GMH, also a private pilot constantly read serial killer novels and at one time worked stocking these novels at book stores. His MO evolved and kept changing causing LE to perceive multiple predators active, preventing his detection for decades. He later assisted in writing a script for a serial killer movie; Deadly Run which went to video in 1994 and was based on the 1930s movie; "The Most Dangerous Game"<hunting humans>.. GMH also tutored the lead actor, cast in the movie, in the art of serial killing. Fast forward to Robert Hansen; Butcher Baker; Alaskan Serial Killer;

The Frozen Ground - Official Trailer (2013) <Brief Nudity/Graphic>

An Alaska State Trooper partners with a young woman who escaped the clutches of serial killer Robert Hansen to bring the murderer to justice. Based on actual events.
[video=youtube;079SqPq5r7g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=079SqPq5r7g[/video]

I had seen in comments TK didn't like their 'banter'

Not sure where that info came from but this confirms it

He shot 4 people cos he couldn't take a bit of a joke?

This info makes me wonder, again, what the exact date was that he stopped working at Seven Sons, and WHY he stopped working there.
All we know is he stopped working there in November 2003. Was he fired, prior to the 6th? Could something have happened there that raised his sensitivity such that a few jokes at SB pushed him over the edge?

You are an endless fount of information, Foxfire. I am so glad you are here with us <3

You are an endless fount of information, Foxfire. I am so glad you are here with us <3

Thanx for the kind words, Kadoober. I'm glad you are here too.. I sent JD the article link of the profile he prepared of the unknown subject in the 2003 Super Bike Murders.
He said that he had forgotten that he did the interview in 2004. Said that he was speaking at a local college at the time and the investigators were in the audience and came up to him and asked him for help.

http://www.goupstate.com/article/NC/20041105/News/605174615/SJ/

By JANET S. SPENCER Staff Writer

Killer profiled as angry gunman
A nationally known criminal profiler, author and former FBI agent said Thursday that one person shot and killed the four victims at Superbike Motorsports near Chesnee last year.
John Douglas described a trail of death after reviewing the file from Spartanburg County sheriff's investigators.
He said the killer acting alone fits the mold of a disgruntled customer or someone who wanted to get back at one of the victims.

sounds so much like James Worley.................
I've caught myself wondering at times if he has followed that case, was jealous of the attention, and decided to up the ante/possibly even make bold moves like posting to CDC's FB page to garner attention.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

[FONT=HCo Gotham SSm, sans-serif]Where did I miss that his father put him up for adoption? Is the mother in SC not his biological or does this mean the father signed over his rights to the mother's husband?[/FONT]

[FONT=HCo Gotham SSm, sans-serif]&#8220;He didn&#8217;t qualify for the state hospital because he didn&#8217;t show all the symptoms of being a complete whacko,&#8221; says Bickart, who adds that Kohlhepp&#8217;s birth father put him up for adoption when he was younger because &#8220;he couldn&#8217;t control&#8221; his son&#8217;s violent temper and unpredictable outbursts.[/FONT]

http://people.com/crime/former-atto...eaks-he-was-a-very-troubled-very-vicious-kid/

[FONT=HCo Gotham SSm, sans-serif]Where did I miss that his father put him up for adoption? Is the mother in SC not his biological or does this mean the father signed over his rights to the mother's husband?[/FONT]

[FONT=HCo Gotham SSm, sans-serif]&#8220;He didn&#8217;t qualify for the state hospital because he didn&#8217;t show all the symptoms of being a complete whacko,&#8221; says Bickart, who adds that Kohlhepp&#8217;s birth father put him up for adoption when he was younger because &#8220;he couldn&#8217;t control&#8221; his son&#8217;s violent temper and unpredictable outbursts.[/FONT]

http://people.com/crime/former-atto...eaks-he-was-a-very-troubled-very-vicious-kid/

I took that as a misinterpretation... I think he just allowed TK's stepfather to adopt him.

[FONT=HCo Gotham SSm, sans-serif]“He didn’t qualify for the state hospital because he didn’t show all the symptoms of being a complete whacko,” says Bickart, who adds that Kohlhepp’s birth father put him up for adoption when he was younger because “he couldn’t control” his son’s violent temper and unpredictable outbursts.[/FONT]

I just asked the same question in another thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took that as a misinterpretation... I think he just allowed TK's stepfather to adopt him.

But then he wouldn't be his stepfather and why would he then go visit and live with his father which is where he committed the rape?

I'm clearly following too many threads :/ But that's where I'm confused. Which dad was he living at age 15?

But then he wouldn't be his stepfather and why would he then go visit and live with his father which is where he committed the rape?

Because his mother decided that his lack of relationship with his birth father was a major cause of his problems.
And then... probably because it felt nice to have him out of her hair for awhile.

TK never 'took' to his stepfather, and caused a lot of problems in their marriage. I doubt the fact that he had adopted him made a whit of difference to TK.

See page 6 - Social Backround - Family History:

https://htv-prod-media.s3.amazonaws.com/files/1987-presentence-investigation-report-1478284242.pdf

Wow. That makes sense that the mother had reached her limits, just surprised that a father who wanted nothing to do with him as a young child would be wiling to take that on again. Possibly guilt??

In recommending that the teenager be tried in adult court, an Arizona judge overseeing the case wrote, in documents obtained by PEOPLE, &#8220;At less than the age of 9, this juvenile was impulsive, explosive, and preoccupied with sexual content. He has not changed. He has been unabatedly aggressive to others and destructive of property since nursery school. He destroys his own clothing, personal possessions and pets apparently on whim and caprice.

Because his mother decided that his lack of relationship with his birth father was a major cause of his problems.
And then... probably because it felt nice to have him out of her hair for awhile.

TK never 'took' to his stepfather, and caused a lot of problems in their marriage. I doubt the fact that he had adopted him made a whit of difference to TK.

https://htv-prod-media.s3.amazonaws.com/files/1987-presentence-investigation-report-1478284242.pdf

"48 HOURS" TO INVESTIGATE THE TWISTED LIFE OF ALLEGED S.C. SERIAL KILLER

When police found KB chained like a d*g inside a shipping container in Woodruff, S.C., they thought they were on the path to solve a missing persons case. What they learned soon after, however, was that they would just be getting started on the trail of a suspected serial killer.

&#8220;48 Hours&#8221; goes inside the missing persons investigation and the stunning revelations her alleged captor, Todd Kohlhepp, 45, a real estate broker, made to police in &#8220;Buried Truth&#8221; to be broadcast Saturday, Nov. 12 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on CBS.

Thank you! I hadn't read this document. It makes sense now.

I encourage you to read all of the docs tycla posted for us on page one. They are terrifying, especially given that they are about a 15 year old boy, but they are very enlightening.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the link, it does answer a lot. Hard to imagine at 15 months old he was already exhibiting behaviors. Threatening to kill his mother if she didn't allow him to go live with his bio father also explains the move. Though it was to be temporary, 2 1/2 years of his mother not wanting him back could've only intensified his disgust for women.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back