SC - Todd Kohlhepp, known and possible victims

Bet that is the link!
They probably got to know each other through that and he targeted them. Finding out the guy who committed suicide was an enemy could have been motive for TK to set someone else for the murder. Which would be thrilling to him. He may have even got some of his money he embezzled before killing him.
That cannot be a suicide. He slashed his own leg and stabbed himself multiple times with a knife in the chest? That wouldn't be really ease after the first stab. This smells of TK.

ETA: If he did kill the couple then he also killed the guy that was blamed for it. Possibly 3 more victims.

BBM. I agree that it would be awfully hard to stab yourself multiple times like that. If the guy was wanting to commit suicide, surely he could've found an easier way to do it? Hanging, pills, suffocation, a gun...stabbing doesn't seem like it would be awfully high up on the list of ways to kill yourself. Unless you're some kind of sadist, it seems like you would want to kill yourself in the most painless yet most surefire way possible. I'm thinking this guy definitely did not kill himself.

Getting a little off topic but stabbing yourself is a viable, yet excruciating method of suicide. It's very possible. Elliott Smith is a notable example.

Getting a little off topic but stabbing yourself is a viable, yet excruciating method of suicide. It's very possible. Elliott Smith is a notable example.

It IS possible, but I would think it's very uncommon for the most part. It just seems like a person would be able to find other, more guaranteed methods to kill themselves. If a person wanted to kill themselves with a knife, wouldn't it be easier to slit the wrists or maybe even the throat? But that leads me to wonder, maybe that is what the gash on the thigh was about? Maybe he was trying to hit a femoral artery?

After reading the Calvert thread I really don't think the accountant committed suicide. He lined a bathtub with a comforter and pillows. He took his daily medication. He drank some wine. He had multiple cuts on his hands (defensive wounds?). The incident report documents from the police and discussion of the autopsy is here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-2008&p=2082452&highlight=autopsy#post2082452

That whole scene is very hinky, IMO. I'm surprised the Calvert thread does not have more posts with the bizarre circumstances around their disappearance. IDK if TK was involved but he could also have had a connection with them through his parents when he lived in Atlanta area as a child.

Sheriff Wright

Interesting point @17:48 about K & C illegal & illicit involvement.

https://player.fm/series/the-tara-show-1270277/the-tara-show-11-7-16-hour-2

Once Sheriff hangs up wait he comes back and speaks about more about those pings. This is the only link I can find. Someone mentioned earlier the audio wasn't working good for them.

More interesting points are that the Sheriff said there is another mysterious case in the area that they suspect him of and they are going to question him about. Radio host said would that be the bank murders and he said yes it was the bank murders. So they DO suspect him of that!! The other point was he said yes it took 2 weeks to get warrant and that it wasn't the judges fault and that he has said for years that the system seems to protect the criminals not the victims.

attachment.php

New Missing Pieces Network Flyer.

Sherri Lynn is a possibility.

She fits TK's victim profile, unfortunately.

Attachments

• Slide1.jpg
    Slide1.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 284
Hi all, I know it's a total stretch, but for some reason the Dermond's popped into my mind, I think maybe because I read a post here that speculated about him having older victims...(that was why I had asked upstream about him possibly traveling to Georgia). Again, likely a stretch.

Great work everyone so far. The magnitude of all of this truly horrific. Just mindblowing to think such freaks live among us.

I had not read about the Dermonds before but now that we know TK targeted at least 2 couples I took a look for info on the Dermond's case. For anyone else who had not heard of them, the Dermonds were an elderly retired couple living in Lake Oconee, GA in 2014. This is about a 3 hour drive from Woodruff, SC. 88 year old Russell Dermond was found decapitated in his lake house garage. His 87 year old wife Shirley was found deceased in the lake days later. There was no robbery and LE don't seem to have a motive for their murder. Russell was an executive for a NJ clock company and then he moved to Atlanta to manage a chain of Hardee's restaurants. On the surface, they don't seem to be likely victims of TK because of age, the way they died (TK seems to favor guns) and no obvious connection other than Atlanta area. But then I read an article saying their son was shot to death in an Atlanta drug deal. The man who shot him went to prison.

Here are some articles about the Dermonds:
http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/16/justice/georgia-elderly-couple-killed/
http://www.macon.com/news/local/crime/article30230859.html
http://www.macon.com/news/local/crime/article74944397.html
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...gia-elderly-couple-slain-year-later/70875900/

I'm sure there is a lot more I have not read. I could not find a WS thread for the Dermonds.

attachment.php

Sherri Lynn is a possibility.

She fits TK's victim profile, unfortunately.

I wonder if there are any Hispanic males from near Orangeburg that are also missing around the same time? I think she is on the list and when I first posted Sherri to to the list I thought the man she was seen with could have been TK (even though he is not Hispanic). Now I wonder if TK could have lured Sherri AND a male friend someplace?

I wonder if there are any Hispanic males from near Orangeburg that are also missing around the same time? I think she is on the list and when I first posted Sherri to to the list I thought the man she was seen with could have been TK (even though he is not Hispanic). Now I wonder if TK could have lured Sherri AND a male friend someplace?

Sorry Gardener I didn't see that you had already added Sherri!

Couples seem to be TK's thing... Could definitely be a possibility of Sherri and friend being missing.

Thank you so much Gardener for the timeline and it almost reads like a book.
Today my opinion is, subject to change tomorrow, is TK put an online outline of exactly what he was doing at the Woodruff land. I think he murdered 4 people at the Superbike shop and did not kill again until he had his land and set up his Hotel California in his green container. I think there were multiple cages in the trailer and he kept more than one victim alive sometimes. He brags that he has 9 lives and unless he killed someone after that post that KB never saw she told LE that there could be 4 more bodies on the property. She knew for a fact that he killed CC, he bragged about the 4 murders at the Superbike shop. There would have to be 4 more bodies to make 9 supporting TK’s post about 9 lines. Someone is buried at the “beach with her friend” and someone was buried with her probation violator boyfriend. Which makes me wonder did TK put bail money up for JC. Is this when MC learned about a job?

I also think the beach is at his property and they have not found those 2 bodies yet. They are probably under the boulders that he talked about.

Sorry Gardener I didn't see that you had already added Sherri!

Couples seem to be TK's thing... Could definitely be a possibility of Sherri and friend being missing.

No, I'm glad you brought her up again because earlier someone had commented that they thought Orangeburg is too far away. I agreed at first, but now I am not so sure. With what we know now, he might have started out with victims less local to him and then, as time went on, he got more bold at not being caught and started kidnapping/murdering couples who lived in his general area. In 2005 he did not yet have his RE license and did not have his land. I think he might have been living in an apartment. So where he would take Sherri and a male friend would be hard to guess.

No, I'm glad you brought her up again because earlier someone had commented that they thought Orangeburg is too far away. I agreed at first, but now I am not so sure. With what we know now, he might have started out with victims less local to him and then, as time went on, he got more bold at not being caught and started kidnapping/murdering couples who lived in his general area. In 2005 he did not yet have his RE license and did not have his land. I think he might have been living in an apartment. So where he would take Sherri and a male friend would be hard to guess.

True, I suppose a lot of killers don't bury on their own land. It might have been a trophy thing he liked to do once he had the land to do so. I think, with this guy, anything is possible :|

True, I suppose a lot of killers don't bury on their own land. It might have been a trophy thing he liked to do once he had the land to do so. I think, with this guy, anything is possible :|

I wonder how long he owned the shipping container that was on his land? Could he have purchased it years before and used it for storage while it was parked elsewhere, like a rented lot? I'm not sure about SC, but I know people who live in other rural areas of Southern states where there are a lot of mobile homes on rented land. It would not be hard to find a lot to rent from someone to park the storage container on. He could have even made a deal to pay cash for the use of someone else's land so there would be no record.

More interesting points are that the Sheriff said there is another mysterious case in the area that they suspect him of and they are going to question him about. Radio host said would that be the bank murders and he said yes it was the bank murders. So they DO suspect him of that!! The other point was he said yes it took 2 weeks to get warrant and that it wasn't the judges fault and that he has said for years that the system seems to protect the criminals not the victims.

I'm not sure if LE has changed their minds about his involvement in the Blue Ridge Bank murders, or the counties have different opinions.

http://wspa.com/2016/11/07/blue-ridge-savings-bank-murders-not-connect-to-kohlhepp/

This article (3 days ago) states that the murders are NOT connected to TK.

http://greertoday.com/greer-sc/gree...-bank-unsolved-triple-murder-case/2016/11/07/

And this article (also 3 days ago, different newspaper) says Greer, SC police want to talk to TK b/c they think he may be involved. Now Sheriff Wright is saying he thinks TK may be involved ???

Thank you so much Gardener for the timeline and it almost reads like a book.
Today my opinion is, subject to change tomorrow, is TK put an online outline of exactly what he was doing at the Woodruff land. I think he murdered 4 people at the Superbike shop and did not kill again until he had his land and set up his Hotel California in his green container. I think there were multiple cages in the trailer and he kept more than one victim alive sometimes. He brags that he has 9 lives and unless he killed someone after that post that KB never saw she told LE that there could be 4 more bodies on the property. She knew for a fact that he killed CC, he bragged about the 4 murders at the Superbike shop. There would have to be 4 more bodies to make 9 supporting TK’s post about 9 lines. Someone is buried at the “beach with her friend” and someone was buried with her probation violator boyfriend. Which makes me wonder did TK put bail money up for JC. Is this when MC learned about a job?

I was thinking along the same lines....

I think it is more likely that he got out of jail and was rehabilitated to the point that he thought he was 'fixed' and could live a 'normal' life. Lied to get the realtors licence knowing that there was no way he could get one with them knowing about his past.

Then worked his *advertiser censored* off getting more and more full of himself as he became more successful. Somewhere during this time he gets the 'feelings' back and comes up with a plan to kill someone.He is so full of himself from his success he feels like he could do anything. I dont think he planned the superbike murders but I do think murder was on his mind and something in that store or an interaction with a one of the murdered people tipped him over the edge and he took the opportunity.

I dont think this murder put out the fire but may have actually spooked him that he could have been caught so easily and that he could lose it all. Probably kicking himself for being so impulsive and he vowed to never do that again or at least plan it better.

11 years is a long time but years fly by, we have no idea if he liked this part of himself or not and may have pushed those feeling aside after the superbike murders telling himself he could't do it again.

His business grows more successful, you dont have 14 agents working for you if you arent successful and you dont become that successful (without one yelp / zillow / general complaint) without hard work. I think he became so successful that he could pick and choose the work he did.

I think that's when he decided to purchase land and hatched a plan to capture and kill. Probably saw land come through his business that he fantasied about owning and using and then decided that the time was right. Less time at work meant he could spend more time on his property. This time alone gave him the time for his mind to spiral and put his plans in motion.

He got away with the first couple, that built his confidence and then he tried again with KB / CC, this time keeping KB captive. It is possible there were others but I would think these will all be within the time he had his property and at most a few 'test' murder or assaults while he worked out what worked for him.

I think (fingers crossed) that it might be likely that he wasn't as smart as he thought he was and was caught at the beginning of his killing spree. We may hear about others he was in contact with setting them up for future plans.

A few other notes...
Money wise - I dont think he stole anything to build his business. He may have had a family loan, or saved from other jobs. Money leaves a trail and rich people who go missing would have their finances checked (other than 'rich' drug dealers I guess) so it would be difficult to steal a lot of money form a lot of people to live, flaunt and build a business with without it coming to the attention of someone.

This is all my own opinion obviously :) first time post too!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back