The Sidebar - Harris Trial #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a clumsy wreck. Glass isn't safe around me. I won't touch the special/nice wine glasses. Not even to wash them. Currently, as is usual, I have no everyday wine glasses left. I break them so frequently that I tend to stock up at Goodwill. I buy tons of used, mismatching wine glasses at the thrift store to break. And it's not because I'm drunk! Any glass is unsafe around me. Most breakable things in general are unsafe around me. Like my glasses which are constantly destroyed. A couple times run over by my car!

lol I'm not even allowed to do the dishes anymore because I always break stuff.

We have neighborhood wine parties and bed bath and beyond makes glasses just for that...they are glass but super duty tough. I think I've only broken one in a few years lol

I'm a clumsy wreck. Glass isn't safe around me. I won't touch the special/nice wine glasses. Not even to wash them. Currently, as is usual, I have no everyday wine glasses left. I break them so frequently that I tend to stock up at Goodwill. I buy tons of used, mismatching wine glasses at the thrift store to break. And it's not because I'm drunk! Any glass is unsafe around me. Most breakable things in general are unsafe around me. Like my glasses which are constantly destroyed. A couple times run over by my car!

Treat yourself to some trendy stemless wine glasses. They're sturdy and less likely to break than regular stemware. I bought a set of eight a few years ago, and we still have the entire set. :toastred:

Ohhh number 4. I barely use it, but now I feel gross. Mines so old, I only take it out and plug it in when needed, and I am super ocd with that thing being unplugged. I think it might burst into flames.. I swear I don't know how my husband deals with me.

I unplug everything too. My uncle was a fire fighter and way back in the olden days when I was in my twenties he told me to never ever leave a toaster plugged in...for some reason that stuck with me.

I unplug everything too. My uncle was a fire fighter and way back in the olden days when I was in my twenties he told me to never ever leave a toaster plugged in...for some reason that stuck with me.

Yeah something about toasters. Not sure where I got the scare from!!!

But let's remember that these bulbs have been probably shipped from China and has been packaged safe enough for a quick toss in the car. Idk.

Welp.

Father's Day landed on Sunday the 15th that year.

So I'm sure Ross went to the Father's day church services and celebrated Father's Day 3 days before leaving Cooper to die.

So how could Ross forget Cooper so close after his nice Father's day celebration?

Was Ross mad that maybe no one wished him a Happy Father's day?

Was he mad that Leanna didn't treat him like a king on Father's day?

I remember that Father's Day vividly, my beloved pastor died of Melanoma that day. Then this happened.

Uber cool toaster oven. I use it daily tbh. Waffles in morning for breakfast for kids, chicken nuggets etc etc..way Better than heading up entire oven. Faster too

Throwing bulbs not your best idea

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I have many not my best ideas. ;)

Now, not being facetious. IMO this discussion about lightbulbs perfectly illustrates the fundamental wisdom of our jury system.

Let's say the jury thinks that tossing in of the lightbulbs is significant enough to discuss as potential evidence of malice. How to assess the significance of just that one act, the tossing of lightbulbs?

Doesn't it depend on just what we're discussing, which is, part of what each juror would bring to the discussion (overtly, or in their own thoughts) is their own notion of whether or not it's normal" to throw lightbulbs into a car?
(WONK ALERT)

The jury system, if jurors are impartial and diligent (and I believe most are), is designed to force a group of strangers to reach a consensus. Jury deliberations are guided by what the law requires, but unavoidably and mercifully can't be divorced from the individual and collective experience brought to bear by the jurors themselves.

Is it significant that RH tossed the lightbulbs? Only if that particular group of jurors, based in part on their own experience of light bulb handling, reach a consensus that it is.
------
Uber wonky, I know, but I always marvel at the process. :)

Good reminder on the damp cloth! Thank you!! Off to grab one

Aww, sorry. I hated when mine had fevers. My daughter's fevers used to spike really high. And she'd get horrible 'waking' dreams, almost like hallucinations, when she had the high fevers. It was so scary for both of us.

Cold wash cloths work well. And popsicles...

back from lunch - back to jury verdict watch.

:praying:

I have many not my best ideas. ;)

Now, not being facetious. IMO this discussion about lightbulbs perfectly illustrates the fundamental wisdom of our jury system.

Let's say the jury thinks that tossing in of the lightbulbs is significant enough to discuss as potential evidence of malice. How to assess the significance of just that one act, the tossing of lightbulbs?

Doesn't it depend on just what we're discussing, which is, part of what each juror would bring to the discussion (overtly, or in their own thoughts) is their own notion of whether or not it's normal" to throw lightbulbs into a car?
(WONK ALERT)

The jury system, if jurors are impartial and diligent (and I believe most are), is designed to force a group of strangers to reach a consensus. Jury deliberations are guided by what the law requires, but unavoidably and mercifully can't be divorced from the individual and collective experience brought to bear by the jurors themselves.

Is it significant that RH tossed the lightbulbs? Only if that particular group of jurors, based in part on their own experience of light bulb handling, reach a consensus that it is.
------
Uber wonky, I know, but I always marvel at the process. :)

I think the focus on the light bulbs is more why the heck he felt the need to put them all the way back in the car instead of just putting the bag up on his desk and waking back into the building with his friends. "Coincidentally" when his son is dying in the car.The tossing of them just adds a lot more crazy gravy to the meal IMO

Sorry, was mostly being facetious to make a point. Throwing lightbulbs into a car can be considered careless. From what I've seen, Ross was a careless person in many if not all areas of his life. The man didn't even shave that morning, though he was due to lead a project meeting that day, first time ever.

Careless tossing of lightbulbs. In character. Jmo

I think that is the bottom line. Those who feel he's innocent view him as a kind of bumbling, hapless sort. Those who don't view his actions as those of someone about to or committing murder. Didn't shave because preoccupied with what he was about to do. Sat in car for 30 seconds because thinking about what he was going to do. Going back to car to check on progress. But didn't watnt to actually see. Etc.

ETA: I think he might have planned on making his "discovery" at lunch but might of chickened out or heard something indicating it wasn't over.

Hi, all. First-time poster, been lurking since the trial started.

FWIW:
o The Home Depot offers no employee discount in the retail stores.

o In order to do a "name change" in Outlook (email client used), RH would simply contact the email team to set up an alias email address, e.g. ross_harris instead of justin_harris. This way he could be found in the Outlook directory under his preferred name. I know because I had to do the same exact thing so people could find me by my preferred name when sending email. HR wouldn't figure into it as they require your legal name in the system for your W2, etc.

Aww, sorry. I hated when mine had fevers. My daughter's fevers used to spike really high. And she'd get horrible 'waking' dreams, almost like hallucinations, when she had the high fevers. It was so scary for both of us.

Cold wash cloths work well. And popsicles...

Oooh popsicle ...off to the freezer...

I just bought some stemless wine glasses. I have the glass one's but luv, luv, luv these. They are plastic. When you look at them you would never know until you handle them. Nice glass look to them. Which is good as my clumsy is even clumsier. Now LOL

Hi, all. First-time poster, been lurking since the trial started.

FWIW:
o The Home Depot offers no employee discount in the retail stores.

o In order to do a "name change" in Outlook (email client used), RH would simply contact the email team to set up an alias email address, e.g. ross_harris instead of justin_harris. This way he could be found in the Outlook directory under his preferred name. I know because I had to do the same exact thing so people could find me by my preferred name when sending email. HR wouldn't figure into it as they require your legal name in the system for your W2, etc.

Welcome Edge!!!

I just keep thinking (because I've been disappointed by verdicts after CA, JA dp part etc), he will spend at least a couple decades in jail even if he's acquitted on murder. Between 6-8 and the next round of indictments, he won't be able to procreate again, thank goodness.

Having said that, the suspense is slowly killing me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288