Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
That body outline was only a joke. And his posts on the body building forum before the accident about hanging from a balcony were just idle chit chat.

If it was all a joke as you say, then it's very strange that a young female in his company ended up deceased after a few hours spent with him. I suppose that was a joke as well. People might fall for his weird charms but he's certainly not fooling too many people on this one.
People that defend him are reminiscent to me of women that like to date guys who are in prison for crimes they have committed. No decent female would want to be with a ratbag like Tostee, IMO.

Don’t remember Gable Tostee. Remember Warriena Wright

Why? Because her death is not about him.
It’s not about whatever he went through as he endured a murder trial, or about his creepy decision to record Wright’s final hours on his phone.
It’s not about his excuses or reasons or explanations.

http://www.marieclaire.com.au/article/news/gable-tostee-60-minutes-interview

ahh yes, the cluster B disorders, the psychopaths/sociopaths, narcissists and histrionics. They're unable to receive help because they like who they are and fooling innocent victims is their life mission. :( Those with Borderline though, often seek help because of burned relationships and the heady roller coaster state they live in basically wears them and their loved ones out. If they receive help from a professional who specializes in BPD, there is hope for recovery to a certain degree and relief for family members. :)

I have to agree with your assessment of so-called 'borderline' personalities. Just the right mix of Machiavellian, narcisstic and psychopathic traits can be found in many of us. Given insight, moral guidance and/or appropriate therapy anyone possessing those traits can attain excellence in their personal lives and chosen careers. As you say, for those of us without this insight and support, their lives are emotionally painful and confusing for them, their families and their loved ones.

Oh lawd, how sad, lol.

JD mentions the moral judges, he who thinks twerking is an excuse for pedophile's misbehaving? Big bad society is to blame? GT can blame society too? Who is this society? What's it made of? Ramble, ramble, ramble, misogyny, bitter, excuses, victim mentality, ramble, ramble, ramble.........

I've alteady asked Pain to marry me but I think you've turned my head, Prime. What say you to a GC wedding in the Spring of 2017?

Sarcasm karrinna

layout app for photos

Well, you'd hope so met. The interwebz algorithm desperately needs recoding to add a sarcasm font. Glad to see you travelled all the way here from Claremont. We could do with a visit.

Well, you'd hope so met. Glad to see you travelled all the way here from Claremont. We could do with a visit.
Hello bohemian [emoji8] you have this covered well & i have been busy elsewhere . Am wondering if/when will see 60mins not sure might be gross

layout app for photos

Hello bohemian [emoji8] you have this covered well & i have been busy elsewhere . Am wondering if/when will see 60mins not sure might be gross

layout app for photos

So I saw. I lurk in the shadows of Claremont, not for nefarious purposes but out of interest and in awe of the 'residents'. IDK re 60 Mins. NAFAI so I'm watching The Hollow Crown. There'll be a link posted on the thread consequent to the program so it can be viewed via their website no doubt. Of interest from a forensic linguistics POV but that's all; except maybe a study of microexpressions (if any) whilst viewed sans sound. Oh and btw :smooch: to you too.

Don’t remember Gable Tostee. Remember Warriena Wright

Why? Because her death is not about him.
It’s not about whatever he went through as he endured a murder trial, or about his creepy decision to record Wright’s final hours on his phone.
It’s not about his excuses or reasons or explanations.

http://www.marieclaire.com.au/article/news/gable-tostee-60-minutes-interview

This is such a profound article. The journalist is right. The only reason 60 minutes paid GT is because they believe that people will watch. While he continues to be discussed, he is a public figure. Don't give GT airtime. Don't watch him. Don't write about him. Don't hate on him. Don't justify his actions. Forget him.

But I think that on Sunday night, this thread will start up again on the hate because so many posters will watch the show, even if it is as a study in psychology or to find an inconsistency that can be reported to police in the hope he will be re-prosecuted. 60 minutes doesn't care why people watch! They only care about how many people watch.

While people continue to profit from GT he will remain in the public eye. Whether that is financial profit (journalism, tourism) or emotional (venting/hating/ hoping for vigilante justice on GT to feel better about oneself), while people are focusing on him, people are profiting from him.

Several posters her have said for the trial that this thread is about remembering, honouring and getting justice for Warriena. Is continuing to speculate on what GT may have done to her, revisiting and reposting snippets from the audio, hoping for some kind of further punishment to be inflicted on GT really remembering or honouring her?

Her mother has expressed her devastation that the audio has been released to the public. How is continuing to scrutinise it remembering her in any sort of positive way? How is that respecting the family wishes? How is keeping this whole tragedy in the public arena benefitting anyone except GT, the media, or those for whom venting fulfils an emotional need?

In my opinion it's time to forget him.

This is such a profound article. The journalist is right. The only reason 60 minutes paid GT is because they believe that people will watch. While he continues to be discussed, he is a public figure. Don't give GT airtime. Don't watch him. Don't write about him. Don't hate on him. Don't justify his actions. Forget him.

But I think that on Sunday night, this thread will start up again on the hate because so many posters will watch the show, even if it is as a study in psychology or to find an inconsistency that can be reported to police in the hope he will be re-prosecuted. 60 minutes doesn't care why people watch! They only care about how many people watch.

While people continue to profit from GT he will remain in the public eye. Whether that is financial profit (journalism, tourism) or emotional (venting/hating/ hoping for vigilante justice on GT to feel better about oneself), while people are focusing on him, people are profiting from him.

Several posters her have said for the trial that this thread is about remembering, honouring and getting justice for Warriena. Is continuing to speculate on what GT may have done to her, revisiting and reposting snippets from the audio, hoping for some kind of further punishment to be inflicted on GT really remembering or honouring her?

Her mother has expressed her devastation that the audio has been released to the public. How is continuing to scrutinise it remembering her in any sort of positive way? How is that respecting the family wishes? How is keeping this whole tragedy in the public arena benefitting anyone except GT, the media, or those for whom venting fulfils an emotional need?

Yes it is a profound article.
Rrie mother has expressed her devastation that the audio was released to the public.
I just cannot help but wonder
How that full recording made it to the public arena.
Who released it to the public
Why they released it and when.

Without the recording it would have been a very different trial, it has been said.
imo

Yeah, I remember reading that too. I think it was to another woman he was trying to pick up on Tinder..she actually came forward and said that. She didn't want anymore to do with him after he said that. Can't say I blame her. (It was in an MSM article, way way back, I think).
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Paradise-Aug-2014-11&p=12913220#post12913220 refers
Thats false actually, Angus was interested in meeting Tostee and actually kept chatting to him weeks later after that msg, as Phone screenshots show. She then changed her position and told a number of lies, which were uncovered on various websites ( the BBF is one such site if you want to check). That was one of the points she was going to get sued about, until her employers graciously offered him a shipload of money.

'I'm sure he regrets the entire night, but I'm not certain whether that's more about his personal regret, or whether that regret hinges more on his personal future and less on what happened to her.'

Bartlett said he was clearly an intelligent man but wasn't convinced of his 'emotional intelligence'.

He said he doesn't believe Tostee referred to Warriena by name throughout their interview

'Can you understand why many people would think you're a cold, heartless, cruel *advertiser censored*?' Bartlett asked Tostee during the clip.

We knew he was going to display his great social skills, didn't we? And his empathy, and compassion .....

Now people will wonder (even more) why Warriena was 'trying to make a lot of noise'. It is the 1st thing they teach you to do when you are alone and struggling for your life against an attack.
The 2nd thing they teach you to do is to flee, as soon as you can free yourself.

Warriena followed the instructions that I was taught in a self defence class.
so are you saying that if you were in the same situation, you would do exactly what Warriena did?

He said he didn't witness Rrie 'falling' from the balcony though didn't he? He just turned around and she was gone. I think the 'sobering effect' may have been brought on by the sirens and flashing lights of the emergency vehicles that were outside his building because he knew what had happened to Rrie as a result of his actions and he was frightened of being arrested yet again. That would sober me up alright.

Also, IIRC he admitted to having 'problems with alcohol' so he would probably have had a higher tolerance for the alcoholic beverages he consumed and served Warriena. Women generally have a lower tolerance for alcohol due to their physiology and body mass when compared with many men.

I don't think he had to 'sober up', I believe he was more sober than Warriena and a lot more in control of his faculties, using them to frighten her. So much so that she risked climbing from a 14 storey balcony to try to escape him. I will never believe anything else no matter how many milkshakes he drinks.

And, by the way, I believe his 'heavy breathing' was from exertion, not panic. When you exert ypurself you take deep breaths in order to get more O2 into your bloodstream. When you panic, you breathe shallowly much like your chest is being crushed and you can't expand your constricted lungs. Come to think of it, that's exactly how Warriena's breathing sounded just before she was 'chucked out' onto (dangled over the railing of?) the balcony IMO.
Problem with that is, then you would have expected to hear it from the moment he stepped back inside. Except you dont.

It only occurs directly after he turns around and presumably focusses back onto the balcony and sees the last of her go over (as he mentioned in his BBF post of 11th? Dec 2014) . Ive been in a similar situation and that type of panic breathing can occur thatw ay, its not always the same way as you imply. People manifest differently.

Be that as it may, this is a crime sleuthing forum and from my experience of WS's and other real crime forums people follow a case right through from the start until the trial. As was the case here, and not unusual at all for people to be upset by a jury verdict and i think it is okay to vent our anger about that here as long as we remain within TOS. People are still discussing Casey Anthony and how she got away seemingly with what she did, and her trial has been long over.

so are you saying that if you were in the same situation, you would do exactly what Warriena did?

Can you explain exactly what exactly Warriena's position was inside that apartment, because all we have so far is audio not visual, so non of us really have a clue what exactly happened to Warriena in there. Only his version and WW is no longer here to defend herself to tell her side of the story.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Paradise-Aug-2014-11&p=12913220#post12913220 refers
Thats false actually, Angus was interested in meeting Tostee and actually kept chatting to him weeks later after that msg, as Phone screenshots show. She then changed her position and told a number of lies, which were uncovered on various websites ( the BBF is one such site if you want to check). That was one of the points she was going to get sued about, until her employers graciously offered him a shipload of money.

Is this fact or rumour? and do you have a link for this information, TIA.

Problem with that is, then you would have expected to hear it from the moment he stepped back inside. Except you dont.

It only occurs directly after he turns around and presumably focusses back onto the balcony and sees the last of her go over (as he mentioned in his BBF post of 11th? Dec 2014) . Ive been in a similar situation and that type of panic breathing can occur thatw ay, its not always the same way as you imply. People manifest differently.

'What happened, had happened – there was nothing an ambulance could do,' Tostee said
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Warriena-Wright-fell-death.html#ixzz4PexzquBh

Except call my lawyer....:banghead: and p**s off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks