Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is, they always say they would never leave voluntarily. And then it turns out they did.

I can't remember the name offhand, but just last week there was a case where the police announced they had reason to believe that a missing woman had left voluntarily, and the family refused to believe it. They posted a response that she would never do that and asked people to keep looking. A few hours later she returned home. Turns out she had, in fact, left voluntarily after all.

Just checked, and the facebook page is gone. But here's a news story on it: LINK.

I hear you, Ace. But this time I have decided to take their word for it. JMO, of course.

This young blonde would stand out in a crowd and also looks so childlike that I shudder to imagine the unwanted attention that would come her way. Hope I am wrong.

VOLUNTARY MISSING? :thinking:

Well, that explains the media silence from her family and the lack of "urgency" from LE for the past 3 days. I'm wondering if this is true, if that is what gave me the hinky feeling. Marital problems were being hidden?

If she is indeed "voluntary missing", perhaps the flag pillow she was wrapping was symbolic of freedom.

Someone just posted on FB that they found a Nike shoe in brush off of Lake Forest St.

Anyone know if that is in the vicinity of where she was last seen?

The right one looks like a driver license photo. Who ever looks like themselves on those?

I wonder if she's "voluntarily missing" maybe they expect that she's altered her appearance in some way. So they wanted a photo that concentrated on her features rather than the radiant smile and long blond hair.
Wow, voluntarily missing. It explains a lot - and I hope they are right, and that she is safe.

The vagueness over her general routine that day, such as when the kids were supposed to be picked up, made me wonder if she fixed things to buy herself some time.

I've finally worked out what is bothering me about the texts. And this is not a speculation of guilt about KP, just an observation that Sherri texting him to ask if he's home for lunch seems odd to me.

Firstly, did they not have a conversation in the morning? How early in the am would KP have left for a mother of very young children not to have been awake or able to have a conversation with KP?

Secondly, being that it was mid-morning and knowing that KP never takes his phone in with him on a job, Sherri would probably be aware that she wouldn't get a reply to the lunch question until... well, lunch. By that time, the question is a little redundant.

I don't know where I'm going with this; I have no wild theories, I just think it's odd that she sent that message in the first place.

Could someone else have sent the text? Or could she have been made to send it under duress?

:sigh: Where is Sherri? [emoji20]

Your questions line up with my current
questions. Before the husband was cleared, I was suspicious of him but now cast in a different light, these questions should be discussed.

It has been said she was a woman of routine. Why didn't she clarify in the morning with her husband if he was coming home for lunch or not?

I also find it odd that he would travel home for lunch, being familar with the area, most people that live in that area, do not go home for an hour lunch break. They live about a 20 min drive, one way from The Best Buy in Redding. He would be driving from wherever his work was for the morning which could be anywhere in the region, and that region is huge considering it is the only Best Buy within about a 75 miles. In addition, he would be driving a company car, The Geek Squad car, that Best Buy employees drive who do home theater installations. Why would he be allowed to drive that home for lunch when he couldn't even bring his phone inside with him?

When I have scheduled with Best Buy for installations, a four hour window of time is given for either morning, afternoon or evening. Point being his work schedule was anything but routine, so her question about lunch seems to not sit right with me.

Especially now with the"voluntarily missing" designation! I believe there's a fair chance that it's either: 1. A Leanne Bearden-type situation, where suicide is a known possibility not made public ,or 2. (I know this sounds kind of crazy): Something like "Gone Girl" but with at least two of the main players involved, and for money (). Obviously I don't know these people, so I'm not trying to cast aspersions; in fact, I would hope that it WOULD be the "crazy" idea, obviously, out of the other options.

If it's a Bearden sort of disappearance, that too would explain a lot of the hinky vibes, but I really really hope that if that's the case, that somehow it's not too late.

Not crazy. Now it all makes sense. Maybe three players. And one of the players did the pick up. I've watched Gone Girl too many times so maybe I'm jaded.

One thing I find a bit odd is the fact that neither Sherri or her husband has a facebook profile, and concidering their young age it is pretty odd IMHO.

<mod snip>

Your questions line up with my current
questions. Before the husband was cleared, I was suspicious of him but now cast in a different light, these questions should be discussed.

It has been said she was a woman of routine. Why didn't she clarify in the morning with her husband if he was coming home for lunch or not?

I also find it odd that he would travel home for lunch, being familar with the area, most people that live in that area, do not go home for an hour lunch break. They live about a 20 min drive, one way from The Best Buy in Redding. He would be driving from wherever his work was for the morning which could be anywhere in the region, and that region is huge considering it is the only Best Buy within about a 75 miles. In addition, he would be driving a company car, The Geek Squad car, that Best Buy employees drive who do home theater installations. Why would he be allowed to drive that home for lunch when he couldn't even bring his phone inside with him?

When I have scheduled with Best Buy for installations, a four hour window of time is given for either morning, afternoon or evening. Point being his work schedule was anything but routine, so her question about lunch seems to not sit right with me.

He has to eat somewhere. If his last call before lunch was on the 'home' side of town, if would only be a few minute drive to get home. He could potentially juggle his calls to try and make that happen, too. And he might not know what his calls were until he went in to work, so couldn't tell her ahead of time.

I do find myself wondering if the text was typical or not. Did she ask him that a lot? Or was it a one-off? That is, what it a routine text, or unusual?

He has to eat somewhere. If his last call before lunch was on the 'home' side of town, if would only be a few minute drive to get home. He could potentially juggle his calls to try and make that happen, too. And he might not know what his calls were until he went in to work, so couldn't tell her ahead of time.

I do find myself wondering if the text was typical or not. Did she ask him that a lot? Or was it a one-off? That is, what it a routine text, or unusual?
Or just stop by for a few min to grab something to go ?
This case baffles me!

I have a phone with an Otter Case, the defender, lot of different brands of phone protection. In 4 years I have dropped my phone so many times, on cement, down stairs, never broke. Wouldn't read too much into it not being broken.

I have the same kind of case. Dropped phone on cement and hard tile. The phone is still perfectly intact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing I find a bit odd is the fact that neither Sherri or her husband has a facebook profile, and concidering their young age it is pretty odd IMHO.

<mod snip>

I have missed a lot and this thread has moved fast - do we know for sure she doesn't have one or is it possible she has one that hasn't been found or mentioned?

Or just stop by for a few min to grab something to go ?
This case baffles me!

They live in a rural area, out of town. I have friends that live out there. Most people do not travel home for lunch or "just stop by". That is why I find it odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks