The Sidebar - Harris Trial #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Veterans Day my cyber friends. Thank you if you serve or served, thank you if your spouses or family members serve or served, thank you for your sacrifices and dedication and loyalty. Thank you for all that you do, have done and will do for our great country.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Toaster oven or just toaster? I'm confused. I got rid of my toaster cause it was so very hot on the outside and only use a toaster oven now. (looking suspiciously at my appliances).

My now passed dear Grandma was the only person I knew on the face of the earth that started a real fire in the microwave. Flames and all LOL

Bless her. She was the best. :)

On a completely unrelated note, I do have an unfortunate distraction from the verdict limbo anxiety. My betta fish (I've had for 5 months) is on "life support" for the third time. I swear, this fish is going to give me gray hair before I'm 32. I'm stressed trying to figure out what's making him hunker down on a rock at the bottom of his tank and tilt sideways again! The first time he needed a water change (I am new at this), the second time he had a swollen bladder from eating too much, now...I don't know, but I'm setting out water to do a complete water change tomorrow--hopefully he'll be okay.

Maybe fish have 9 lives too...

Every Beta I've ever had has died of dropsy. I finally gave up.

Five months is WAY longer than I was able to keep any of mine alive. You must be doing something right! Good luck!

Very late catching up so sorry if my comments have been addressed already. Respectfully Katy but I think he planned it to happen that day.
- he wanted the ChikFiLA visit on video - either "great Dad" moment or "out of the ordinary routine" scenario established (for goodness sake, this was the FIRST TIME the manager, who claimed to know RH as a regular customer quite well, had ever met Cooper)
- the plan for a movie mid-week with friends was out of the ordinary (ref LH- RH texts and her testimony) So much hinky-ness from my memory of that text exchange but sorry, don't know how to access it for reference. But in recall, it seemed so strange! (Paraphrase from memory: "Can I go? 22 Jump Street!") IMO, a set-up for making life plans to look ordinary for a day he knew was going to end far from ordinary.
- his research in the early morning hours that dreadful day about passports/cruises may have been another set-up for "why would I do this when just hours before I was researching how to bring him on vacation with us?"
- the Wednesday work day of meetings that were planned then rescheduled starting with the late night/ very early morning hour text from RH to his boss that he wouldn't be ready for his FIRST EVER assigned lead on a project conference call/meeting. Late arrival to work, sexting, off-premise lunch (so long as he doesn't have to drive - "Convince me" he writes.) Additional lunch hour time wasted driving to Home Depot store for light bulbs + stopping to drop off bulbs at car (???!!!) More sexting or chats or phone calls (including to LH "when are you picking up my buddy?"), lots of Internet chat with work buddies re movie. Leaving early from work for movie - all sounds like someone who isn't too concerned about not meeting a significant work deadline cuz HIS LIFE WILL BE DRASTICALLY CHANGED AT THE END OF THE DAY!!!

And thoughts that may or may not be related to premeditation.
- knew he would be late for work BEFORE he put Cooper back to bed for some extra sleep that morning. Why didn't he shave while Cooper slept in? Probably too busy with his "activities" to bother. - Also odd - they both mentioned Cooper slept in their bed that night but after LH left for work, RH moved the baby to his own room to continue sleeping. He said (somewhere - interrogation? LH-RH jailhouse tape?) they were watching cartoons together. Maybe moved him so he could "enjoy" his sexting convos (or perhaps *advertiser censored* viewing.. were their TV cable bill/DVR records ever reviewed?
- contradictory comments on when/where Cooper ate breakfast. ME's report would indicate that this poor baby ate very little that morning.
- why did he leave possible incriminating evidence on his devices? Three thoughts, all IMO reasonable. 1) didn't think he would be investigated (tragic accident). 2) missing hard drive (read that somewhere - apologies if I'm wrong) 3) left just enough to not look suspicious. Clearing histories on any device would be problematic. He admitted (as did LH) there were searches re hot car deaths.

Sorry for so much speculation but I believe this was planned and I also think that put-upon, subservient LH isn't fully innocent but I am willing to suspend that thought for the sake of justice for that darling baby.
MOOOOOO

Great points and I agree.

I think he really thought he would get major sympathy from his work, LE, and public so much that he was going to become a celebrity in his mind.

He didnt care about his job because he thought he would get consoling grief time off after it happened and during that time off work he would become more and more famous to the point he could quit and start his new career as an advocate.

I also agree that I bet he thought LE would not even check his electronic personal stuff because he thought the investigation would be mostly talking to people about his actions that day. Witnesses. camera in lot car forensics and stuff like that. Physical evidence rather than electronic evidence

FACT CHECK. Ross Harris did NOT post a comment after watching the vet video on YouTube.

Day 13, Stoddard on direct. He does not say that RH left a comment on YouTube (or anywhere) after watching the Dr. Ernie Ford (vet video).

Stoddard says RH told him (after commenting on cracked open windows and a few other observations) that he watched the video and had thought, “it would be terrible if my son were in the car. I would hate that

RH tells LE this after the fact. There is no evidence RH actually thought of Cooper when he watched the vet video 5 days beforehand.
-------------------------------------------
Day 13, Part 3, Cathy CC’s Youtube, begin around 1:12 in.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...CEE4246048E56CB18C1BCEE4246048E56CB&FORM=VIRE

Every Beta I've ever had has died of dropsy. I finally gave up.

Five months is WAY longer than I was able to keep any of mine alive. You must be doing something right! Good luck!

Me too.

I know they say they dont need air pumps and filters which makes them popular but I finally decided to get a real small tank with pump and filter. That one lasted much longer than any of the ones I tried with just a bowl.

My now passed dear Grandma was the only person I knew on the face of the earth that started a real fire in the microwave. Flames and all LOL

Our youngest son thought it'd be a good idea to dry out the phone he left in his pocket (when he was wade fishing) in the microwave. There were flames...

Breakfast
IMG_1244.JPG

On the point asserted that RH believed Cooper's death wouldn't be investigated.

On the list cited as evidence of RH's guilt is the fact he had paid close attention to Governor Deal's campaign to raise awareness about hot car deaths (second look, look again), kicked off on May 27, 2014.

If true, then Ross Harris would have been aware of this warning by Governor Deal that was included in the campaign's messaging:

". (.......) every incidence of a child being left unattended in a hot car WILL be investigated."

And that included instances of children found alive.......

:thinking: He had been drinking, left 15 MONTH OLD TWINS in car, and gets charged with 2 counts manslaughter and reckless conduct.... not 3 counts of murder.... Aug 5 2016 **EDIT TO ADD: Sept 1, 2016 The grand jury recommended of second degree murder, two counts of cruelty to children in the second degree and one count of possession of less than one ounce of marijuana for Asa North *was drunk at time* http://patch.com/georgia/atlanta/father-indicted-twins-hot-car-death

Police: Twin girls dead after being left in SUV in Ga.
USA TODAY NETWORK Christopher Buchanan, WXIA-TV, Atlanta 11:35 a.m. EDT August 5, 2016

Asa North is charged with two counts of manslaughter and reckless conduct after his twin girls were left in a hot car. WXIA

ATLANTA — Two children died Thursday after being left in a hot vehicle outside a home in Georgia, police say.

Investigators said the children were rushed to a hospital, but both later died.

The incident occurred outside an apartment in Carroll County, and the vehicle, an SUV, has already been towed from the scene.

Before police arrived, neighbors had removed the children, described as twin 15-month-old girls, from a vehicle and were trying to cool them in a baby pool. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/08/04/police-kids-dead-left-suv-georgia/88277560/

Twin infants in Georgia are dead and their father is behind bars after he left the girls in a baking hot car Thursday evening, police said.

The two 15-month-olds were unresponsive when they were found strapped in their carseats in an SUV outside a duplex in Carrollton, according to WXIA-TV.

By the time cops arrived, their father — who WAGA-TV identified as 24-year-old Asa North — was frantically trying to revive the twins in a kiddie pool while neighbors brought over ice packs to help. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/infant-twins-die-left-hot-car-georgia-article-1.2739153

Mother of twin toddlers left in hot car defends father

POSTED:AUG 04 2016 08:51PM EDT
UPDATED:AUG 05 2016 07:53PM EDT
CARROLLTON, Ga. - A Carrollton man faces criminal charges in connection with the deaths of his twin 15-month-old toddlers who were left in a hot car Thursday afternoon, police said. Asa North, 24, is charged with two counts of involuntary manslaughter and two counts of reckless conduct. Police said they did not believe the deaths were intentional.

Carrollton Police responded to a 911 call along Tillman Drive about two toddlers who were found unresponsive Thursday. Police said they witnessed their father frantically trying to cool the little girls down in a kiddie pool. Neighbors told police they brought ice packs to put in the pool to help.

Police said as this was happening, the girls' mother was at Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta visiting her sister who had been in a serious car accident the previous night. Police said the mother, family and friends arrived at the hospital late Thursday evening.

Police questioned Asa North for much of the night Thursday before charging him early Friday morning. North was taken to the Carroll County Jail following his arrest. Police said he was not drunk at the time,but had been drinking earlier in the day which could have played a role in the incident.

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/185487724-story

My daughter. Cup O Noodles WITHOUT water. The stench was unbearable!

ETA: She's 18 years old. I thought I could trust her with a microwave and microwave noodles. She's not allowed to use my 36" stainless, open burner stove.

My BOSS tried to microwave a stack of washcloths to make a heat pack for a patient once when we were out of heat packs. Flames/ Fire Department/Evacuation - that was 25 years ago and near as I can tell, she is still not allowed to use the microwave.

On the point asserted that RH believed Cooper's death wouldn't be investigated.

On the list cited as evidence of RH's guilt is the fact he had paid close attention to Governor Deal's campaign to raise awareness about hot car deaths (second look, look again), kicked off on May 27, 2014.

If true, then Ross Harris would have been aware of this warning by Governor Deal that was included in the campaign's messaging:

". (.......) every incidence of a child being left unattended in a hot car WILL be investigated."

And that included instances of children found alive.......
Agree^^^^
And JMHO the man who became an advocate... was probably again JMHO Charles Green, who daughter was left on the van at daycare listed in the Media Release I posted.

Snip: Officials hope the public will help pass the “Look Again” video along to family and friends using social
media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. Featured in the video are interviews with
Jenny Stanley, mother of six-year-old Sydney Marie Stanley of Evans, Georgia, who died in August,
2010, when she became trapped in the family car while it was parked in the garage, and Charles Green,
father of two-year-old Jazmin A’mya Green, a toddler who died in June, 2011, after being left for two
hours on a daycare van in Jonesboro, Georgia
. http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/wgcl/hotcarwarning.pdf

Police said as this was happening, the girls' mother was at Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta visiting her sister who had been in a serious car accident the previous night. Police said the mother, family and friends arrived at the hospital late Thursday evening.

SBM/BBM

I thought that Grady Memorial Hospital was a made up hospital on the TV show "The Walking Dead." I didn't know it was real. LOL

Just a quick point to make, not directed at anyone -

If RH had to KNOW that he would be investigated, and therefore wouldn't have kept inciminating evidence on his phone...

Why didn't he KNOW his kid was in the car.

Why didn't he KNOW that he had illegal activity sending pictures of his junk to minors. Multiple minors. Regardless of Cooper, he's so tech savvy that he would commit a crime (minors) and leave it on his phone?

Why didn't he KNOW he left evidence of solicitation of a prostitute?

Why didn't he KNOW he needed to actually perform at work instead of coming in late. (By the way, he left his house at 8:30 am, and didn't get the email for push back of his morning meeting until 8:34. Even in interviews with LE, he stated he knew by 7:50 am that he was going to be late to work).

I'll tell you why all of those things are still there, even though he KNEW Cooper was in the backseat at 9am. RH felt superior, smart and above reproach. RH could hide his actions from a suspicious wife, he could play grieving father well enough to fool anyone. He fools people all the time. He fools his job into paying him to do nothing. He fools his wife into putting up with his crap. He fools minors to send him explicit photos, he fools strangers into having sex with him. He fools people to go into business with him. Why would he NOT believe he lives in a world of puppets? Why would he think for a minute, that LE WOULDN'T buy what he tried to sell?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

:thinking: He had been drinking, left 15 MONTH OLD TWINS in car, and gets charged with 2 counts manslaughter and reckless conduct.... not 3 counts of murder.... Aug 5 2016

Police: Twin girls dead after being left in SUV in Ga.
USA TODAY NETWORK Christopher Buchanan, WXIA-TV, Atlanta 11:35 a.m. EDT August 5, 2016

Asa North is charged with two counts of manslaughter and reckless conduct after his twin girls were left in a hot car. WXIA

ATLANTA — Two children died Thursday after being left in a hot vehicle outside a home in Georgia, police say.

Investigators said the children were rushed to a hospital, but both later died.

The incident occurred outside an apartment in Carroll County, and the vehicle, an SUV, has already been towed from the scene.

Before police arrived, neighbors had removed the children, described as twin 15-month-old girls, from a vehicle and were trying to cool them in a baby pool. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/08/04/police-kids-dead-left-suv-georgia/88277560/

Twin infants in Georgia are dead and their father is behind bars after he left the girls in a baking hot car Thursday evening, police said.

The two 15-month-olds were unresponsive when they were found strapped in their carseats in an SUV outside a duplex in Carrollton, according to WXIA-TV.

By the time cops arrived, their father — who WAGA-TV identified as 24-year-old Asa North — was frantically trying to revive the twins in a kiddie pool while neighbors brought over ice packs to help. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/infant-twins-die-left-hot-car-georgia-article-1.2739153

Mother of twin toddlers left in hot car defends father

POSTED:AUG 04 2016 08:51PM EDT
UPDATED:AUG 05 2016 07:53PM EDT
CARROLLTON, Ga. - A Carrollton man faces criminal charges in connection with the deaths of his twin 15-month-old toddlers who were left in a hot car Thursday afternoon, police said. Asa North, 24, is charged with two counts of involuntary manslaughter and two counts of reckless conduct. Police said they did not believe the deaths were intentional.

Carrollton Police responded to a 911 call along Tillman Drive about two toddlers who were found unresponsive Thursday. Police said they witnessed their father frantically trying to cool the little girls down in a kiddie pool. Neighbors told police they brought ice packs to put in the pool to help.

Police questioned Asa North for much of the night Thursday before charging him early Friday morning. North was taken to the Carroll County Jail following his arrest. Police said he was not drunk at the time,but had been drinking earlier in the day which could have played a role in the incident.

But he was smart enough to not say F_ck You to LE

Grand Jury UPDATE... :thinking: thought there was no 2nd Degree Murder in GA? Curious since he "was drunk" and had drugs, did they look at his phone too? (serious, not being snarky)

Father charged with 2nd degree murder in deaths of twins left in hot car
Updated: Sep 1, 2016 - 12:50 PM

CARROLL COUNTY, Ga. - A Carrollton man has now been charged with two counts of murder in the second degree the deaths of his twin girls left in a hot car in August.

The grand jury recommended of second degree murder, two counts of cruelty to children in the second degree and one count of possession of less than one ounce of marijuana for Asa North.

Carrollton police told Channel 2 Action News that North's 15-month-old twin daughters Ariel & Alaynah were found unresponsive after being left in a hot car on Tillman Drive.

Officers said they got the call at about 6:30 p.m., and arrived at the complex to find neighbors trying to cool the girls down.

They were in a wading pool and using ice packs to try to lower the girls' body temperatures, but police said it was too late. The twins were taken to Tanner Medical Center in Carrollton where they were both pronounced dead.

North was previously charged with two counts of involuntary manslaughter and reckless conduct.
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/fat...-in-deaths-of-twins-left-in-hot-car/434878868

Father Indicted in Twins' Hot Car Death
Asa North is facing second-degree murder charges for leaving the girls in a hot car outside a Carrollton apartment complex.
By Tim Darnell (Patch Staff) - September 1, 2016 11:38 am ET

CARROLLTON, GA — The father of twin girls who died in a hot SUV last month in Carrollton has been indicted on second-degree murder charges.

Carroll County DA Pete Skandalakis made the announcement Thursday morning, according to WSB.

Asa North was also indicted on two counts of cruelty to children and possession of less than an ounce of marijuana.

North allegedly left the girls in the backseat of an SUV on Aug. 4 while their mother was visiting her sister at Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta, according to police. Police also say North was drunk at the time.

Police were called to an apartment complex around 6:30 p.m. and neighbors trying to cool the girls down in the pool with ice packs.
http://patch.com/georgia/atlanta/father-indicted-twins-hot-car-death

Gah I'm so frustrated with the WS website today I'm going sign off and get some stuff done. Wtf is wrong with it these last few days?? Since they did that maintenance I've had nothing but frustrations and the only way I can type anymore is on my phone which I hate.....

Bbl when I don't want to throw this iPad thru the wall

I am curious as to what evidence compelled LE to upgrade charges to malicious at a later date. Even without the F_ck You comment, RH would have been brought in for questioning. Once Stoddard saw June 18 a.m texting, no doubt, Stoddard had evidence RH had distracted himself from parenting responsibilities. But what compelling evidence supports upgrading to malicious? I can obviously see adding the sexting minor's charges later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23