Todd Kohlhepp - Profile of a Killer?

She absolutely 100% knew and I think your sympathy is misplaced. She claims to remember him being very "jiddery" around the time of the superbike murders. Who remembers, so specifically, how their child was feeling on a certain day over 10 years ago? It's obvious she cultivated a serial killer and believes he did nothing wrong and is only misunderstood. She believes all of his victims deserved to die for "bullying or smart mouthing" her son. This is probably partial based on some sort of extreme guilt she feels for damaging him so terribly as a child or perhaps she truly does believe his victims deserved to be killed and taught him this sort of mentality when he was a child. Maybe the parents aren't to blame for every serial killer, but in this case, I think it's a safe assumption she had a great deal to do with molding a child into the ghoul we know today. Then, going on to protect him as an adult when she knew, or at the very least strongly suspected, he was a serial killer.
Noworries....the sympathy is waning as the hours pass!;)
She grew a monster and knew from the time he was young he had problems. Her pawning him off on the bio dad tells me what kind of mother she was. I wonder if his bio dad was sexually abusing him and that's why he wanted to come home and she refused. I love how she says his bio dad only left for 3 days due to an emergency.... the neighbors said he was always alone and he liked it like that. Usually I don't take a suspects word for it but in regards to him being left unsupervised I do believe the neighbors. Disgusting. It had always probably been like that.

The mother is <modsnip> to the 1000th degree.

She reminds me of Pablo Escobar moms.

Jmo.

Yes mom. I got rid of all the dead bodies. Now don't forget to pick up eggs from the store.

You are not a failure. I sincerely hope nothing anyone on WS said has made you feel that way.

I (personally) believe individuals diagnosed as having one of the "dark triad" disorders--Machiavellanism, Narcissistic Personality Disorder, or Anti-Social Personality Disorder--are born that way. BUT, that doesn't necessarily mean their true "nature" is this evil bad seed either. I believe the disorder develops due to a neurological problem in the brain and the root cause of that neurological problem could be many different things--underdevelopment of the brain, head trauma, or encephalitis, for example. While I do believe that triggered events cause the disorder to manifest itself in those who are predisposed, I don't find it helpful for anyone involved to automatically assume that the parents are responsible for it. It could really be anything. A high-stress situation that the child's parents have no control over. Being bullied by other kids at school. It can even be triggered by an illness unrelated to the brain but one that causes the child stress.

I'll give you an example from my personal life. My mother has bipolar disorder. Her mother had bipolar disorder. Logic would seem to follow that I also have bipolar disorder. Let me put it this way: the odds are not in my favor. YET... here I am at the ripe old age of 35 and I've never experienced symptoms of a manic episode, or a depressed episode, or even hypomania. That is not to say that I never will. But, sometimes I wonder if being hypervigilant about my mental health over the years has kept the disorder from developing. I know the importance of seeking intervention... EARLY & OFTEN. I've seen the many ways that choice can make or break someone. If I start having trouble sleeping, I am requesting medicinal help from my doctor. If I start to feel more overwhelemed or stressed out than usual, I schedule more frequent appointments with my doctor and we brainstorm different ways I can reduce my anxiety. I also speak openly about my anxieties and worries and the things that are bothering me much more than my mother or her mother ever did. They liked to suffer in silence. Me... not so much. I honestly believe these proactive measures have saved my life. Literally and figuratively.

Unfortunately, people who are genetically predisposed to certain illnesses aren't always aware of it. In fact, I'd venture to say that awareness is rare. Some illnesses aren't always as clear cut or obvious as bipolar disorder. It may have skipped a generation or two. A predisposition may exist due to trauma or underdevelopment. It is nearly impossible to pinpoint the cause of such disorders because too many factors come into play. Accidents will continue to happen. Defective genes will continue to be passed on to future generations. Bullies will always exist and trauma can always occur. It never does good to place the actions of one on the head of another. No one is to blame but himself. The focus should be on recognizing patterns of behavior that lead to such atrocious acts of violence and figuring out a way to prevent it from ever happening again.
YKWIM?

ETA: I wanted to clarify that I did NOT see the conversation refocus requests before I replied with this ten-page story. I wanted everyone to know that I was not ignoring those requests and just couldn't bring myself to delete it after spending half an hour typing it all out. :shame:

You both are are my heroes. &#128519; thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing. You give parents like me hope in raising our young kids with mental health issues. Love yall

The mother is <modsnip> to the 1000th degree.

She reminds me of Pablo Escobar moms.

Jmo.

Yes mom. I got rid of all the dead bodies. Now don't forget to pick up eggs from the store.
:laughing:pmsl!
My mama said that the LE could probably search her house and find items he gave to his mom as gifts from his victims.
That would not surprise me!

I'm praying everything works out for you and your child!
It sounds like you are very proactive in his care.
I would also recommend taking your son to a doctor who treats holistically. The reason I say this is a friend of mine had a son who was having SEVERE issues and was uncontrollable. She was reaching out everywhere for help. Someone recommended a doctor who tested him for poisons and such. It came back that he had extremely toxic levels of copper in his system. So high in fact the doctor said it was the worst case he had ever seen.
They had copper piping in their home and she used copper pots. For some reason his body couldn't rid it from his system. After they got it out of his system, he was absolutely fine. He is a normal kid now. You never know what is possibly going on so keep searching for answers and be your childs advocate! Hugs! Wishing you all the best!

I've been gone for a couple of days so now I am catching up on this thread and all of the replies. Thank you to everyone who has replied and given me encouragement. I have never heard this type of poisoning. I will definitely be looking into holistic medicine in my area. That is very interesting.

I see that the moderators want us to stay on track and keep the discussion focused on Todd. So I apologize if I hijacked the conversation into a nature versus nurture debate. I was also the one who requested this thread. I am still just trying to learn about all of the personality disorders and things that can make people do these things. you guys are a very educated crowd so I will go back and start reading through!!!

I've been gone for a couple of days so now I am catching up on this thread and all of the replies. Thank you to everyone who has replied and given me encouragement. I have never heard this type of poisoning. I will definitely be looking into holistic medicine in my area. That is very interesting.

I see that the moderators want us to stay on track and keep the discussion focused on Todd. So I apologize if I hijacked the conversation into a nature versus nurture debate. I was also the one who requested this thread. I am still just trying to learn about all of the personality disorders and things that can make people do these things. you guys are a very educated crowd so I will go back and start reading through!!!
You're welcome!
This young boy was off the chain scary and dangerous. And all along it was copper! From what I understood, his body couldn't get rid of it. Not sure if it's common for that to happen or not. But she was at her wits end and decided it was worth a shot. Glad she did!
He was homeschooled until he was better and wow what a year made! Totally different kid seriously! Just calm and sweet and very talented! Sometimes I think we should think outside the box when things seem to have no cures.
Makes me wonder if some of the people suffering who medication doesn't help, actually has something like that wrong instead. :loveyou: Welcome back!!

She just continues to outrage me. She is "so ashamed that her son killed those people". So, basically she's ashamed because it reflects poorly on her. Why isn't she "mortified" or "disgusted" and "heartbroken" for the family's losses?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She just continues to outrage me. She is "so ashamed that her son killed those people". So, basically she's ashamed because it reflects poorly on her. Why isn't she "mortified" or "disgusted" and "heartbroken" for the family's losses?

You and me both!
The more she talks the more I question her real motives. Seriously is she getting paid for these interviews?
I want to make a prediction! Within the year she will be on Dr. Phil. :gaah:

Good catch. A lot about her.

Makes his need for attention a bit more understandable.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I'm really glad to have watched the second part of the interview today. I called her a narcissist etc. Before. Obviously I was being judgey but now seeing this part I don't feel the same. I do still think there'd some weirdness going on and that could be denial or she trusts what Todd tells her as truth. But he's obviously a liar. For some reason she really wants to trust her son even though he's a monster. It's really sad.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

I found it odd when she responded (after a really long awkward pause trying to recollect sequence of HER events)..."I don't want to lie"...hmm not "I don't want to make a mistake"; "don't want to be wrong"...no she was pretty concerned with "not lying".

Not sure one would be lying if they just can't recall sequence of events but it was pretty important to her not to be seen as a liar.

Also she mentioned Missouri so many times...is that her way of leading investigation?

I have to say, it's incredibly interesting, and disturbing, to hear and see this woman's reaction to the world finding out what she already knew about her son. I don't remember a case like this before. Usually when a killer is exposed the family issues an apology statement expressing remorse and sorrow for the victims families. They may also go on to say their loved one is not a monster, but I've never seen a family member justify such horrific killings and rapes to the extend this woman has. Then to also state she feels embarrassment is so odd as well. It adds an entirely bizarre layer to an already unbelieveable story. From the childhood records, to the childhood crime and long imprisonment, to him becoming a successful business man with a killing and raping hobby and now with his mother's statements...this is a pretty mindblowing scenario. I've been a member and a lurker even longer of WS and this has to be one, if not the most, disturbing and creepy cases I have seen. I also strongly feel there are more victims and mommy knows it!

“I had to get rid of the anger and nothing I did seemed to help,” Tague said. So she shipped him off to live with his bio dad after divorcing his adoptive dad. IMO, she chose another man and his children over her own son. They were younger and probably required more attention. Yet, the mother of her step children is responsible for making him feel unwanted because she didn't pick him up from school, too.
“He stabbed her in the leg, not much, it didn’t go deep." He stabbed her!! Can she please stop minimizing the attacks on his victims? I don't believe she is that gullible that she just believes what he tells her. She is intentionally trying to portray HIM as the victim, bullied and abused and that's why he acted out. Did she really believe him when he said the reason KB was chained like a dog in the shed was because he didn't know what to do with her since she hadn't done anything wrong? Like he wasn't abusing her and planning to kill her, too?
She says there were many attempts at counseling. According to court docs, only 2 attempts - 1 for 3 months and the other for 8 weeks. She failed him. Her parents didn't even want her to have children. Wonder why? Maybe they knew she was a narcissist incapable of raising a child (let alone 3). Although, she did sacrifice those cashmere sweaters. I'm gonna need more wine before I watch any more of her interviews.

BBM

wspa.com/2016/11/11/kohlhepps-mom-talks-about-hiShe says there were many attempts at counseling.s-childhood-anger-rape-kidnapping/

Was this posted and I just missed it?

“Did he threaten to kill you?”

“Yeah, he was tall enough and big enough that I wasn’t going to take a chance, so I locked him in his bedroom at night and I locked me in my bedroom.”

http://wspa.com/2016/11/11/kohlhepps-mom-talks-about-his-childhood-anger-rape-kidnapping/

I have to say, it's incredibly interesting, and disturbing, to hear and see this woman's reaction to the world finding out what she already knew about her son. I don't remember a case like this before. Usually when a killer is exposed the family issues an apology statement expressing remorse and sorrow for the victims families. They may also go on to say their loved one is not a monster, but I've never seen a family member justify such horrific killings and rapes to the extend this woman has. Then to also state she feels embarrassment is so odd as well. It adds an entirely bizarre layer to an already unbelieveable story. From the childhood records, to the childhood crime and long imprisonment, to him becoming a successful business man with a killing and raping hobby and now with his mother's statements...this is a pretty mindblowing scenario. I've been a member and a lurker even longer of WS and this has to be one, if not the most, disturbing and creepy cases I have seen. I also strongly feel there are more victims and mommy knows it!

Sickening that the mother is covering up for her evil son. She is just as evil as him.

&#8220;I had to get rid of the anger and nothing I did seemed to help,&#8221; Tague said. So she shipped him off to live with his bio dad after divorcing his adoptive dad. IMO, she chose another man and his children over her own son. They were younger and probably required more attention. Yet, the mother of her step children is responsible for making him feel unwanted because she didn't pick him up from school, too.
&#8220;He stabbed her in the leg, not much, it didn&#8217;t go deep." He stabbed her!! Can she please stop minimizing the attacks on his victims? I don't believe she is that gullible that she just believes what he tells her. She is intentionally trying to portray HIM as the victim, bullied and abused and that's why he acted out. Did she really believe him when he said the reason KB was chained like a dog in the shed was because he didn't know what to do with her since she hadn't done anything wrong? Like he wasn't abusing her and planning to kill her, too?
She says there were many attempts at counseling. According to court docs, only 2 attempts - 1 for 3 months and the other for 8 weeks. She failed him. Her parents didn't even want her to have children. Wonder why? Maybe they knew she was a narcissist incapable of raising a child (let alone 3). Although, she did sacrifice those cashmere sweaters. I'm gonna need more wine before I watch any more of her interviews.

BBM

wspa.com/2016/11/11/kohlhepps-mom-talks-about-hiShe says there were many attempts at counseling.s-childhood-anger-rape-kidnapping/

I think you hit the nail on the head. Her family didn't want her to have children because they were all to familiar with her mental health issues and were concerned.

She literally has never, once in his life, been able to do anything but excuse his behavior. Stabbing people a little bit, gentlemanly rape, killing bullies. She could really excuse anything he does. I feel like her son may have been predisposed to criminal behavior BUT his circumstances and upbringing by both parents sure didn't help him. Narcissist, BPD, bipolar and even sociopaths can lead successful, full and healthy lives without hurting other people if they have the right help and direction for their tendencies at an early age. In my mind this is a form of abuse and neglect in its own way when you can not face your child's issues and excuse their dangerous and out of control behavior. Was and is she so terrified of him that she can not bring herself to actually say he has done something wrong and evil? Does she share a similar personality disorder with him and honestly relate to the way he thinks? Also, how did TK, as a child, get his hands on pistols, knives and shotguns when everyone knew how troubled he was?! Ahhhh, I have so many questions and want to understand how this all happened in this family!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brew23p
Back